Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Reed Doughty
He looked good down the stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
BJ Askew is a Cincy guy, nice to see him gettin some love. He was unreal in HS.

As for the Bengals, our most underrated player is probably Domata Peko.
Peko looked nice, too bad the rest of the D was so bad

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Anthony Herrera had a good season for us at right guard.
That's who I thought of as well, the silent hero of the O-Line. But to be a little different I'll go on the defensive side and say Chad Greenway. He just made plays during the season.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Should have made the pro bowl over Marion Barber.

As for the Jets, I'm going to have to agree with the guy who said Jericho
Cotchery.
cotchery isnt underated. he gets a lot of credit.

baker on the other hand is completely underated. he blocks because they ask him to and when he goes out in coverage he puts up good numbers. i think he'll be a sleep TE unless we draft one because he won't have to block so much with the upgrades at oline.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

I know you said pick one, but I am breaking the rules.

Rams
MLB- Will Witherspoon- One of the best MLB's in the league
FS- Oshiomogho Atogwe- Led the NFC in ints I believe, will become a top safety in the league
HB- Steven Jackson- Kidding

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers: Olshansky

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets: Chris Baker, soley on the basis that people have heard of Cotchery because of his production. Same with Kerry Rhodes, he may not make the pro bowl, but people know and respect his game. Baker on the other hand is a guy you will never hear about, but when i watch him he seems reliable both blocking and suprisingly in his catching ability.

I think Baker also exceeds Leon Washington, although his kick return abilities certainly are an asset that cannot be overlooked

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense: Domata Peko
Offense: Stacy Andrews (obviously the organization didn't underrate him)
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Westbrook. For some reason, people love to overlook this guy. He plays on a team where he's the only offensive playmaker yet is still a stud. Criminally underused at times, he can do it all. Rushing, receiving, returning etc...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think most Titans' fans underrate the importance and impact LenDale White had last season. Other than that, while the OL gets respect as a whole, you'd be hard pressed to see Michael Roos or David Stewart get individual recognition when they make one of the league's better young OT tandems.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Chris "the touchdown maker" Baker

oh and for the Giants- Shaun O'Hara.

mainly because he went to RU, but not talked about much, but one of the better centers in the league, and the anchor and captain and leader of our OL
haha, the sad part about it is that its partly true and he goes to RU

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to go with OLB LeRoy Hill.

I think most people here know that he is really good...but just the other day I read a mock draft that had the Hawks taking a LB in round 2, who will "replace Hill immediately." I just had to laugh.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahri Evans, RG. Possibly one of the best young guards in the league.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Brian Westbrook. For some reason, people love to overlook this guy. He plays on a team where he's the only offensive playmaker yet is still a stud. Criminally underused at times, he can do it all. Rushing, receiving, returning etc...
i dont get it. Seriously, i think he's a top 5 back, if not the best. Strikes fear in my heart EVERY time he gets the ball. Seriously, if I had to choose between him and Tomlinson, all things taken into account, i may take Westbrook, even though he is an Eagle. And I hate like everything Eagles and I'm a homer, but he's that good
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahri Evans easily.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than Michael Boley, I would have to say John Abraham. People no longer recognize him as a top5 pass rusher DE and probably top10 DE.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tamba Hali and Jarrad Page were both good choices, but I'm going to go with our other safety, Bernard Pollard. Dude is a beast and I think he'll only get better. Good at run support and really physical, will knock someone out if given the opportunity.

I really like both of our young safeties though. I hope they improve this season so we keep them both around.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Colts, it's probably Freddie Keiaho. He showed his potential in the first game, and played hurt (when he did play) the rest of the way. If he can stay healthy this year, he'll be a great fit at WLB for this defense.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Tamba Hali and Jarrad Page were both good choices, but I'm going to go with our other safety, Bernard Pollard. Dude is a beast and I think he'll only get better. Good at run support and really physical, will knock someone out if given the opportunity.

I really like both of our young safeties though. I hope they improve this season so we keep them both around.
Bonecrusher is doing well at safety? That's a bit surprising to me, I really thought the Chiefs were planning to move him to LB when they drafted him.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Jahri Evans, RG. Possibly one of the best young guards in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Jahri Evans easily.
This was just as easy of a call for me...Jahri it is.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmm

Wow for the Raiders this is tough. Someone mentioned Fargas, but I think he gained a lot of respect for how he played in the 2nd half of the season. I am going to go out on a different track and say that Robert Gallery is the most underrated player on our roster. I think most of the football community is well aware of the fact that Gallery has been a colossal disappointment since being the most highly regarded OT prospect since Boselli/Pace. What most probably don't know is Gallery turned into a solid LG last year. Since most ppl would still put "Robert Gallery" and "sucks" in the same sentence, that makes him the most underrated player on the team in my books.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Chris Canty was said, so I will say Roy Williams

haha j/k Kevin Burnett
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

For the Jaguars...

I think he's a top 10 LB...but nobody recognizes how good Daryl Smith really is...

he's started every game of his career...racked up over 300 tackles in 4 seasons...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Exactly who I was going to say, but since you already did I'll say Scott Wells.
Seems we have so many good ones. We could've picked 4 or 5 different guys. But I picked Pickett cause I haven't seen anybody but Packer fans talk about him on this board. Takes double teams all the time, he stops the run for us, he does his job all the time.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
RUGMEN

It has to be Fred Robbins on the Giants. The guy consistantly makes plays and gets no love.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the patriots its gotta be either jarvis green or james sanders

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote