Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-27-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My Mock Draft (includes trade down)

Chiefs Trade #5 to Cincinatti for their 1st and 2nd round picks

Round 1. Ryan Clady, OT Boise St - trade down get an extra pick and still get a franchise caliber LT

Round 2. Chilo Rachal, OG, USC - I have heard he could go as early as possibly late 1st so if he's here this is a no brainer pick

Round 2.(f/Cin) Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona - Ideal cover 2 CB with ball skill and can return punts

Round 3. Mike Pollack, OC, Arizona State - IIRC Herm has said we'll use 3 or 4 picks on OL so it continues with arguably the best C in the draft

Round 4. Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU - Like Cason a ideal cover 2 corner with expierence in a tough conferance

Round 5.(f/MIA) Dexter Jackson, WR/KR, App St - Dynamiuc kick returner and can fill void left by Parker

Round 5. Jordy Nelson, WR, K-State - I know back-to-back WR picks is unlikely but outside of Bowe and maybe Webb and Darling do we have anything?Nelson has reliable hands and good speed to make a quality #2

Round 6. Adam Krauss, OG, Michigan - KC misses on the one Michigan linemen they wanted but at worst Krauss will add quality depth with possibility of starting in year or two

Round 6.(f/TB) Jack Ikegwonou, CB/S, Wisconsin - knee injuries will drop him down a bit but at this point he's great value

Round 7. Brandon Cotou, K, Georgia - strong leg and accurate.Ability to KO means not possibly wasting 2 roster spots on K's

Round 7(f/NYG) Mike Cox, FB, Georgia Tech - Familiairity with Chan is a factor and is an ideal FB to the power run game we're installing
Old 03-27-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I think that could be a great draft. Clady and Rachal are great, and I really like Cason and Jackson picks. I dont mind that Dexter Jackson pick either, I guess he can be that slot guy/ kick returner that we havent really had since Dante Hall. The back end of the draft is kinda weird though. Im not so sure that two WR will be drafted, and I dont know about a 3rd WR. I mean, all of the biggest needs are adressed, and adressed in a great way. I think this would be one of the best drafts. Good job.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this draft. Trading down and taking Clady at 9 is more "acceptable" and not only do we get a franchise LT, we get our RG too.

I really love the two CB picks. I really like Cason and Chevis, and they can start right away.

Like Billingsley said, I'm not sure about back to back WR, but I honestly will not complain because we need depth and players at that position.

Good job, I really like this mock, and if it worked out this way I would consider it pretty damn successful.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, I think if we had a draft like this...we could definately be playoff contenders. The question is..is it realistic? would the bengals go up and trade up with us.....I don't even know who their targeting to be honest....I think it's more realistic to pick up a later round LB than two WR's(Donnie can't play forever) in a row and Napoleon Harris is really inconsistent.

But yeah, that's a great draft, rebuilding the O Line, Adding threats via WR, even getting a Fullback with Ties to the OC...well done my friend.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals need a defensive presence and might want to trade up for either Dorsey or Ellis, if one is there at 5.

I can see it happening.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I could see the Bengals trading up is any of Dorsey, Ellis, Long or Gholston are there. They need help on defense, period. I think it could happen.

But yeah, the more I look at this draft, I like it.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like it but honestly I doubt Jordy Nelson is there in the 5th. I'd like him to be but I have seen several other draft sites with him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I think that could be a great draft. Clady and Rachal are great, and I really like Cason and Jackson picks. I dont mind that Dexter Jackson pick either, I guess he can be that slot guy/ kick returner that we havent really had since Dante Hall. The back end of the draft is kinda weird though. Im not so sure that two WR will be drafted, and I dont know about a 3rd WR. I mean, all of the biggest needs are adressed, and adressed in a great way. I think this would be one of the best drafts. Good job.
Billingsley, are you a closet Chiefs fan, you seem to be spend a lot of time on our board ;)

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He makes a lot of sense! I don't mind him hanging here at all! ;)

Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I read this draft again and the more I look at it, the more I love it. It really hits all of our problem areas. We get some really dominant offensive lineman and two corners who could start next year.

Man, T-Rich for new GM of the Chiefs!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Are the Chiefs gonna be using the ZBS this season?
Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You know, I don't really know. We have an entire new offensive coaching staff. Chan Gailey as the new coordinator and he brought over a lot of the coaching staff he had at Georgia Tech. I will have to do some digging and find this out! If anyone knows, drop some knowledge on me.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This is all I could find. It isn't very descriptive and I'm not sure how reliable it is, but here it is for what it's worth:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story;jse...o&confirm=true

Quote:
As for Johnson, he should be 100 percent back from an injured foot in time for training camp. I also like the addition of Chan Gailey, who will take over as the new offensive coordinator in Kansas City. There's also been talk that the Chiefs could use a zone-blocking scheme next season, which would help Johnson's fantasy draft value.
It is a thread about fantasy football, but he's an nfl.com writer so he has to know a little bit about what he's writing about. :)

It's late and that's all I could find. I'll scour more tomorrow.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Billingsley, are you a closet Chiefs fan, you seem to be spend a lot of time on our board ;)
I have a soft spot for the Chiefs because LJ is my faourite RB. Ive been following them for quite some time. I dont mind them at all. Except when they beat NE at Arrowhead a few years back. Haha.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I read this draft again and the more I look at it, the more I love it. It really hits all of our problem areas. We get some really dominant offensive lineman and two corners who could start next year.

Man, T-Rich for new GM of the Chiefs!
I wish I was but until Carl leaves town I have no shot
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to get Cason but I don't know if he will be there in the second round. There are very good corners this year, and if 3 or 4 go before 20th pick,
(McKelvin, Talib, Jenkins, Cromartie), Cason will most likely be gone before the 2nd round.

TB would take a hard look, they may want a CB in the 2nd round, but with a run on CB's, they may pull the trigger and hope for a decent WR in the 2nd round.
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote