Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who suffers the sophomore slump?
Adrian Peterson 25 27.78%
Marshawn Lynch 11 12.22%
Dwayne Bowe 40 44.44%
Patrick Willis 9 10.00%
Jon Beason 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.
Default Sophomore Slump!

Who gets it?

I am going to say Dwayne Bowe, just a lot of things going against him. Inexperience at CB, questionable offensive line play and a division FULL of top notch cover guys (Bly, Bailey, Hall, Asomugha, Cro, etc).
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Its all about The U
Rookie

Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.

i agree with that one another guy i think will see his number decrease alot is Patrick Willis, he actually has some teammates who can tackle around him
Its all about The U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Almost all RB's have a sophmore slump. I think now that teams are aware of Adrien Peterson they will do everything to stop him since they have no QB to take the pressure away.

He will have a slump IMO.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Dwayne Bowe..You have to worry about Second year WR's who had a big Rookie Year..And I dont think his QB is gonna help all that much.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im going to agree with bowe too. sorry chiefs fans...i just dont see him doing well this next year. down the line i think he'll be a stud but theres just not much else in that offense to be happy about.

one guy i DONT think will be slumping is marshawn lynch. he may actually have some better consistancy at QB this year if edwards is in all year and that team has some decent receivers already in evans and parrish and could add another via the draft. i think he might do even better this year if the offense works around him.
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Almost all RB's have a sophmore slump. I think now that teams are aware of Adrien Peterson they will do everything to stop him since they have no QB to take the pressure away.

Nobody can stop Marshawn Lynch when he's in...

BEAST MODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKEJqkKLcs
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe is the way to go

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am afraid to say D Bowe and it wont be his fault
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bowe, hes the next Michael Clayton.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
wow, idk about that......i happen to like bowe in the long run, but the rest of that offense is all question marks this year. i think one down year and then he outta bounce back
Old 03-27-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Bowe calling Scott Wright right now to get this thread locked...he's being ripped a new one...jeez.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
Yah, actually the thoughts "what happened to Michael Clayton??" crossed my mind when I typed in Dwayne Bowe.

But I am surprised this is so unanimous, seeing has how gaudy Peterson and Willis' stats are.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe will be shut down for atleast two games a year now. ;)
If Bowe goes downhill next season it won't be because of the QB or O-Line situation but LJ.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm going to go with Adrian Peterson.

He's going to be the number 1 pick in every fantasy football leauge this year. The expectations are going to be huge! I just think he'll have a drop in production and not live up to what most are expecting of him.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones
We'll run the ball more im sure
Rodgers isnt quite as good as Favre in his old age
If we draft a TE early we'll go more 2 TE sets than 3 WR sets i bet

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post

Because teams were'nt aware of him last year?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Bowe. Because of his position WR's usually are inconsistent and and his team doesnt have the best QB situation as of right now.

Thunder&Lightning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont want to say Bowe, but the DBs in that divison are pretty good.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

i want to know what the people who've said lynch think. defend their pick.

sure its very possible that he slumps, but why moreso than AP or bowe?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Because teams were'nt aware of him last year?

Ya after teams figured him out look at his stats from the last 6 games he played in last year.....

280 rushing yards in the last 6 games....Hes lucky he got to play Detroit in that span and had a 116 yard game.

Teams knew the Viks couldnt win a game passing it so they most likely spend there time studying more game film on AP.

Did you know that excluding the Chicago and Chargers game AP was just an average back all year.

Minus those 2 games and the 2 he missed from injury here were his overall stats....

12 games - 816 yards 6 TD's, that equals 65 rush yards a game. Not pro bowl caliber IMO.

12 games = 816 6 TD
2 games = 520 yards 6 TD

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-27-2008 at 07:44 PM.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I selected Peterson.

As the season got longer, his yards came by fewer and fewer. In the last 8 weeks he had 1 game over 100 yards (2 weeks injured). Teams were figuring them out and putting 8 in the box.

If the Vikings are going to win this season, it's going to come by the arm of Jackson. And of course, Chester Taylor will demand carries as well.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only way Peterson has one is if he gets hurt...because Chester Taylor will take a lot of pressure off of AD and Peterson is probably the most gifted back in the league.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Thomas. Overrated!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Joe Thomas. Overrated!
I agree, I see a big Sopmore slump for him.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Bowe wants me to tell you all to prepare to eat a massive plate of crow