Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who suffers the sophomore slump?
Adrian Peterson 25 27.78%
Marshawn Lynch 11 12.22%
Dwayne Bowe 40 44.44%
Patrick Willis 9 10.00%
Jon Beason 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in Travaris Jackson but I think he'll be much better next year, he was improving last year and with Berrian he has a go to guy, which will help Rice aswell. If the vikes passing game can make teams stay honest against the pass I think AD will match his numbers from last year and I think he'll steal more premium carries from Taylor.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Ya after teams figured him out look at his stats from the last 6 games he played in last year.....

280 rushing yards in the last 6 games....Hes lucky he got to play Detroit in that span and had a 116 yard game.

Teams knew the Viks couldnt win a game passing it so they most likely spend there time studying more game film on AP.

Did you know that excluding the Chicago and Chargers game AP was just an average back all year.

Minus those 2 games and the 2 he missed from injury here were his overall stats....

12 games - 816 yards 6 TD's, that equals 65 rush yards a game. Not pro bowl caliber IMO.

12 games = 816 6 TD
2 games = 520 yards 6 TD

LOL yea lets just not count those 2 games even though in one he broke the all time rushing record and had over 200+ in both games, but yea lets just not count those two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Chris Houston i think is going to have a bad year, feel like he will be getting pick on
What? Jamaal Anderson will get better with a full offseason withAbraham, improving the pass rush and with Hall out of Atlanta teams will be picking on which ever poor sob is lining up opposite him.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Nobody hates Bowe its just that hes in the crappiest situation of all of these players.
agreed. im actually rooting for the guy but out of all of them, hes in the biggest predicament....
Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i know. if trent edwards just brings some consistancy to the starting QB spot, i think that whole team might improve. Lynch might be in a better situation than bowe or even AP.

its possible that he slumps, but i dont think its as big of chance as bowe or AP
Edwards was pretty consistent when he played, having very few wtf? plays, by keeping it very conservative. If he is ready for them to open up the passing game and they add a big possession receiver the bills passing game will be significantly better and Marshawn will get more room to beast, his stats weren't great but he was so filthy at getting the absolute most out of each carry, like the pittsburgh game where the outside got cut off so he cut it inside and juked through the middle to not only get back to the LOS but also gain a few yards, this was in the redzone and steelers had bodies galore coming up.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Edwards was pretty consistent when he played, having very few wtf? plays, by keeping it very conservative. If he is ready for them to open up the passing game and they add a big possession receiver the bills passing game will be significantly better and Marshawn will get more room to beast, his stats weren't great but he was so filthy at getting the absolute most out of each carry, like the pittsburgh game where the outside got cut off so he cut it inside and juked through the middle to not only get back to the LOS but also gain a few yards, this was in the redzone and steelers had bodies galore coming up.
i wasnt talking about edwards actual play per se, i was talking more along the lines of just having 1 QB in there all year as opposed to constantly switching in and out with losman.

i think that sometimes, even if the QB you have in there isnt doing so great, just keeping the same guy in there will do wonders for team chemistry. i think that consistancy is as important as anything
Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis, it wont be a slump, but I just don't see him putting up the same amount of numbers he did as this year.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
i wasnt talking about edwards actual play per se, i was talking more along the lines of just having 1 QB in there all year as opposed to constantly switching in and out with losman.

i think that sometimes, even if the QB you have in there isnt doing so great, just keeping the same guy in there will do wonders for team chemistry. i think that consistancy is as important as anything
If Losman throws another pass for the bills I'll have a very tough choice on my hands, I'll either have to mock all of the bills fans around here, or I'll have to stop them from burning all of their possessions as a sacrifice to the sports gods.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe is in a pretty bad situation but he was 5 yards short of 1,000 with a horrible offensive line and two different QBs that couldn't stay on their feet.

If we can, uh, what's that word that offensive lineman are supposed to do that ours didn't? Oh yeah, if we can passblock, he should put up bigger numbers.

What I really hate is now every team we face twice a year (division rivals) have insanely good CB tandems. Deangelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomugha for the Raiders, Dre Bly and Champ for the Broncos and Cromartie and Jammer for the Chargers.. I mean, wtf is this?! :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, Bowe will have to makeup for it the other 10 games of the year. Lets see the CB's for KC's other opponets

Buffalo- Terrence McGee right, if Bowe is as good as we think he is he should win this battle
New England- Ewww
Miami- If he puts up 200 yards he might gett 1000 on the year thanks to this game
NY Jets- Average game
New Orleans- Average game
Atlanta- Another big makeup game for him
Tampa Bay- Tough game against vet CB
Carolina- Another tough game

So basically if he gets like 450 yards against ATL and MIA he could get back up to 1000

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Patrick Willis, it wont be a slump, but I just don't see him putting up the same amount of numbers he did as this year.
Willis wont slump (he's a pro who wont get a big head) but he wont have to be all over the field (hopefully). Teams will target him but that should allow others to prosper.

The guy I worry bout out west is Joe Staley - he's moving to LT and I fear he may get schooled a couple of times. Unfortunately its neccessary for his long term development and he'll be a star - hopefully though I'm wrong about 2008

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Dwayne Bowe..You have to worry about Second year WR's who had a big Rookie Year..And I dont think his QB is gonna help all that much.
Says the Raider fan. No surprise there.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
im going to agree with bowe too. sorry chiefs fans...i just dont see him doing well this next year. down the line i think he'll be a stud but theres just not much else in that offense to be happy about.

one guy i DONT think will be slumping is marshawn lynch. he may actually have some better consistancy at QB this year if edwards is in all year and that team has some decent receivers already in evans and parrish and could add another via the draft. i think he might do even better this year if the offense works around him.
And what exactly was there to be happy about in the offense last year? Yet he still was 5 yards short of a 1,000 yard season. And that was after he missed half of training camp and the first 2 preseason games due to a holdout.

Besides, why would you see much to be happy about now? For a team that is building through the draft any improvements are going to come a month from now.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
im going to agree with bowe too. sorry chiefs fans...i just dont see him doing well this next year. down the line i think he'll be a stud but theres just not much else in that offense to be happy about.

one guy i DONT think will be slumping is marshawn lynch. he may actually have some better consistancy at QB this year if edwards is in all year and that team has some decent receivers already in evans and parrish and could add another via the draft. i think he might do even better this year if the offense works around him.
And what exactly was there to be happy about in the offense last year? Yet he still was 5 yards short of a 1,000 yard season. And that was after he missed half of training camp and the first 2 preseason games due to a holdout.

Besides, why would you see much to be happy about now? For a team that is building through the draft any improvements are going to come a month from now.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
Bowe, hes the next Michael Clayton.
Give me a break. That is the stupidest crap I have ever heard. What would lead anybody to believe that at all? Because he went to LSU? Then I guess his draft profile should have said "he went to LSU, the same school as Michael Clayton, so don't draft him."
Old 03-28-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
I really dont want to say Bowe, but the DBs in that divison are pretty good.
He made guys like Bailey and Jammer look like fools at times last year. Don't see why that will change this year. Plus one of Bowe's strengths is his ability to go up and get the ball. He can be perfectly covered yet still snatch the ball out of the air. Most of his touchdown catches last year were circus catches where he was covered yet still made the catch.

People seem to not realize that we got rid of our horrible offensive coordinator and hired Chan Gailey who isn't the greatest by all means but is definitely somebody who can get the job done.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Nobody hates Bowe its just that hes in the crappiest situation of all of these players.
He was in the same crappy situation last year when he put up 70 catches, 995 yards, and 5 touchdowns.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:05 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Bowe is in a pretty bad situation but he was 5 yards short of 1,000 with a horrible offensive line and two different QBs that couldn't stay on their feet.

If we can, uh, what's that word that offensive lineman are supposed to do that ours didn't? Oh yeah, if we can passblock, he should put up bigger numbers.

What I really hate is now every team we face twice a year (division rivals) have insanely good CB tandems. Deangelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomugha for the Raiders, Dre Bly and Champ for the Broncos and Cromartie and Jammer for the Chargers.. I mean, wtf is this?! :(
exactly...the corners are the only reason Bowe might not seem like as much of a stud.

I mean, the broncos corners are our pride. Since we cant stop the run ya know :D
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:13 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bowe only because of the situation, he is a good talented player but there are many factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Lynch, but don't know why. I thnk I should change it to Bowe, but I really think neither would have a bad year. All will have solid years, just maybe not quite as good as this past year. Bowe just has too much around him that concerns me, and the division has gotten better.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post

dont get me wrong here, i like bowe for the long run, but out of those guys listed i think he is most likely to slump (barring injury to the others) simply because he does have the worst situation
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

what about Gaines Adams
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
dont get me wrong here, i like bowe for the long run, but out of those guys listed i think he is most likely to slump (barring injury to the others) simply because he does have the worst situation
That's fine. But then for the sake of this thread their probably shouldn't have been a poll. Just an open ended question so people could choose whoever they wanted to.