Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Falcons | Team will tender Schaub
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:01:10 -0800

ESPNews reports Atlanta Falcons restricted free agent QB Matt Schaub will be tendered a one-year qualifying offer of more than $2.35 million by the team. Should another team sign Schaub away from the Falcons, they would receive a first- and third-round pick in return.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that is way too much to give up for Schaub. We dont really have a chance of signing Garcia, and Huard was resigned, so its looking like a good possibility that we go QB in the draft. But we still have to get a veteran in here. I honestly would like A. Tim Rattay or B. Joey Harrington.. Behind our line, though....
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And about Garcia - He wants to play for a winner and will garner way too much money. I think that TB or DEN is a way stronger possibility..
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Then if Garcia signs with Oakland does that mean Moss is almost certain to get traded and that Calvin Johnson becomes a Raider ?
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
bucksavage
Rookie

bucksavage hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Garcia a Raider lol....it wont happen. Does anyone remember Garcia the last few years in DEt and Cle...Garbage. Right now he is a system QB. He's not a QB to rebuild a team with a new offense. If we sign him he will be public enemy #1 in the Raider nation by week 4. You rebuild a offense with a new Qb which is Russell

Last edited by bucksavage : 02-28-2007 at 03:15 AM.
bucksavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The options at QB in free agency are bad, Huard was the only one that I would have liked. Probably over an 80% chance Raiders draft Russell or Quinn

Garcia won't be the QB with Moss here that's for sure..

Last edited by NIN1984 : 02-28-2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: .
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yes, I would say it is most definitely looking like a QB at #1 for us, the only question is which one.

A first and a third for Schaub? Yikes that is ridiculously steep for a backup QB.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Yes, I would say it is most definitely looking like a QB at #1 for us, the only question is which one.

A first and a third for Schaub? Yikes that is ridiculously steep for a backup QB.
we are still going to sign a qb.

and for Schaub that doesnt mean a team cant trade for him for less. i wonder what the Falcons want for Schaub since its going to be a given that he wont resign with them next year.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

brad johnson is a FA now. had a good season 2 years ago with MIN. if we cant get garcia or trade for a vet, i wouldnt mind him being a raider.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksavage View Post
Garcia a Raider lol....it wont happen. Does anyone remember Garcia the last few years in DEt and Cle...Garbage. Right now he is a system QB. He's not a QB to rebuild a team with a new offense. If we sign him he will be public enemy #1 in the Raider nation by week 4. You rebuild a offense with a new Qb which is Russell
I also remember every QB looking like crap in those two organizations.Garica is a good QB.A Veteran that we need.Right now all we have is Walter we need a veteran.Id much rather trade down and take Quinn than I would Russell.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since KC signed Huard and it looks like he is the starter there could Green be a trade possibility? I wouldn't mind having him battle for our starting spot and he has great experience to pass on to whichever young QB's are on the roster.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Since KC signed Huard and it looks like he is the starter there could Green be a trade possibility? I wouldn't mind having him battle for our starting spot and he has great experience to pass on to whichever young QB's are on the roster.
that would be very good. they might ask for to much though

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-01-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw an interview with Jeff Garcia on ESPN he seems open to the idea of coming to Oakland
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Just saw an interview with Jeff Garcia on ESPN he seems open to the idea of coming to Oakland

thats great news

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

joey porter got cut. hes a bay area guy. think there s a shot we go after him? have the usc OLB we got last year as a back up for him.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

With his size he could play RDE.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

We offered Tommy Kelly a tender. Also Jeff Garcia news.

http://ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

Quote:
According to one league source, the Raiders have already maneuvered their way into position to strike quickly on Philadelphia's Jeff Garcia, who becomes a free agent at 9:01 p.m. (West coast time) when his contract expires.

Last edited by Windy : 03-01-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we don't go after Garcia, I just plain do not like him.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
We offered Tommy Kelly a tender. Also Jeff Garcia news.

http://ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

the tommy kelly move is great. as far as the garcia part.....im not mad at it.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Question would you rather have Garcia in FA or Trent Green for a fourth rounder? I think I'd take Garcia just throwing it out there.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderLifer View Post
Question would you rather have Garcia in FA or Trent Green for a fourth rounder? I think I'd take Garcia just throwing it out there.
depends if green will restrucure his contract because i think its a big one so garcia here because he has more mobility

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

I hope to get Garcia.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

Romyrick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why do you guys want Garcia?
Romyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's not that I'm that into having Garcia as my starting QB it's just the thought of a vet QB that can tutor our young QB's whether it's Walter, a rookie or both. Garcia is the best available FA QB and could help teach the WCO to Russell or Quinn (if that is in fact what we are running).
Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Raiders | Team interested in Garcia?
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 07:57:32 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders are in pursuit of free agent QB Jeff Garcia (Eagles). "If the Raiders call once free agency beings, Oakland definitely will be one of the places he seriously considers," said Steve Baker, Garcia's agent. The Denver Broncos and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are also reportedly interested in Garcia's services.

Raiders | Team could sign Curry to extension
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 07:53:02 -0800

The Contra Costa Times reports the Oakland Raiders are negotiating a long-term contract extension with WR Ronald Curry. The team would like to restructure Curry's contract and avoid paying him a $5 million roster bonus. "We are in the process of negotiating a long-term extension for Ronald to remain with the organization…" said Brian Levy, Curry's agent. "The negotiations are proceeding in a positive fashion between myself and (senior personnel executive) Michael Lombardi."