Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-03-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henry isnt that great, he got cut from the Bills and the Titans for a reason. He's going to be disgruntled and turn into a negativeif he doesnt perform well or the team doesnt perform well.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

Romyrick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

meh I dont like Henry either.
Romyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Henry isnt that great, he got cut from the Bills and the Titans for a reason. He's going to be disgruntled and turn into a negativeif he doesnt perform well or the team doesnt perform well.
Actually he played very well last year and didn't have a negative attitude at all. The only reason he was cut is because he was due an 8.3 million dollar roster bonus and his agent and the organization couldn't settle on a restructured deal. And he wasn't cut from the Bills, we traded for him.

The only real negative to it is that if he fails another drug test for smoking weed, he'll be suspended for 1 year.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Actually he played very well last year and didn't have a negative attitude at all. The only reason he was cut is because he was due an 8.3 million dollar roster bonus and his agent and the organization couldn't settle on a restructured deal. And he wasn't cut from the Bills, we traded for him.

The only real negative to it is that if he fails another drug test for smoking weed, he'll be suspended for 1 year.
Yeah, i discovered some of those facts after i made my post. I spoke without thinking, he was traded during draft day. But im pretty sure he lost his job to McGahee for being injured and lost it again to Brown for being injured.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he never had the job in 2005 after we traded for him, he failed a marijuana test and was suspended after week 3, and was in Jeff Fisher's doghouse, but started to get more playing time as the year went on.

This offseason, he worked his ass off, and came to camp in great shape, and had the starting job won by week 2 and never looked back. I'm actually disappointed we didn't get a deal done with him. He runs hard as hell, and has a wicked wicked stiff arm. He has to be one of the strongest RB's in the league easily. He has had fumble problems in the past, but they weren't a problem at all for us. He would have had 1400 yards if he had gotten his regular amount of carries during the season.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Can he really carry the load? He's big but for his size. He's only about 5'9". Can he hold up behind a line that has a billion ? marks around it

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

I might be too biased here because I love Chris Brown but is Henry that much better than Brown, if all?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not better than LenDale White...

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I dont lilike either Brown or Henry. I cant wait to see LenDale White get his shot, but thats another story.

I think we need to add a back through the draft.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-03-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romyrick View Post
I might be too biased here because I love Chris Brown but is Henry that much better than Brown, if all?
To keep it short, YES. Henry is a legit starter.

Brown is best used as a #2 back to share carries. Brown is also a great pass protector on blitzes.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
To keep it short, YES. Henry is a legit starter.

Brown is best used as a #2 back to share carries. Brown is also a great pass protector on blitzes.

That would be a huge upgrade in that regard to Lamont Jordan who has to be the worst blocker in the history of runningbacks.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.

you havent watched Caddilac block ; )

Travis Henry is a leader on the field and players rally around him. He was a fan favorite in Buffalo because of the heart he played with. He seemed to be productive with Tennessee when he got a chance.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no doubt that Henry is a good back. But we just did the same exact thing with LaMont, we're not about to go and sign a decent starter for a crazy amount of cash...We can draft someone and just as easily alleviate the problem...someone will overpay for Henry (even though he's a good back), but I doubt that will be us.

Henry did wonders for my fantasy team though..

And seriously, what are the Titans doing?? Are they gonna rely on LenDale 'I'll spit in your eye' White?? This offseason is shaping up to be an interesting one indeed.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weaksauce
Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Only1pickJamarcusRusell

We're drafting QB - it's clear and obvious now.

Garcia confirmed it, there's no tool like Art Shell to spoil the party this year.

Come to papa Jamarcus!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:32 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1pickJamarcusRusell View Post
We're drafting QB - it's clear and obvious now.

Garcia confirmed it, there's no tool like Art Shell to spoil the party this year.

Come to papa Jamarcus!!!
No chance for Quinn?? I think his stock unfairly plummetted..But ya, I agree with you, it seems pretty clear that we are drafting a QB...But no matter who we draft, we're still going to have to bring in a veteran QB
Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

you guys speak like its a no miss thing that well draft a Qb. you never know what will happen, Al Davis works in mysterious ways. Id be ok with takin Rusell but you guys speak like its a sure thing. Garcia didnt sign because we couldnt guarantee him we wouldnt draft a QB, that dont mean were gonna draft one foer sure.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-04-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm less sure than I was. If we bring in Russell or Quinn, we have to have a 1 year vet not named Walter. Garcia is no longer an option, Plummer will hopefully just retire, so we need to pick up someone else (maybe Crow had Rattay pegged).

I'm still not convinced we won't pick up Carr and draft someone else #1.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bucksavage
Rookie

bucksavage hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brad Johnson might make the most sense
Old 03-04-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From roto..

Quote:
Ahman Green has canceled an expected visit with the Raiders.

After visiting Houston and Denver, Green has seen enough quality options. He'll decide between those two and Green Bay in the next few days.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksavage View Post
Brad Johnson might make the most sense

ya i want him or trade for carr

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats good news i didnt want green.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 03-04-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i have a feeling we will get travis henry.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

i hope we get him. he had 1,000 yards last year. hes a big back to go along with jordan and mayb fargas

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 03-04-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
i have a feeling we will get travis henry.
Sounds good, especially coming from you..