Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-25-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Running Back situation

What do you feel that we should do regarding our RB situation?

I think Jacobs definitely deserves to be our featured back. I think it should be a 15/10 kind of thing with Jacobs being 15.

I dont really want Mcgahee in NY unless we give up very little.

I think we should look towards the draft. Brian Leonard is a guy who springs to mind. he ran a 4.49 at the combine today. He should be available to get drafted in the second round.

Using Leonard as FB catching passes and occasionaly running the ball would be a great help to our offense and to Eli Manning. Especially since Jacobs isnt much of a pass catcher. Then we could just pick up a late round RB (5th or 6 round)

Thats my ideal pick, besides that I would like Darius Walker. Thats about it though.

If Leonard
Old 02-26-2007, 06:30 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well we could throw out a couple of names after the combine, and add a few.

Tyrone Moss, Gary Russell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Darius Walker all dissappointed.

Chris Henry and Antonio Pittman became high in my book. Pittman in the second, Henry in the 3rd.

The Ideal situation would be to trade Joseph, Carter, Webster and our 5th round pick to the Bills for McGahee.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills dont want our trash in exchange for Mcgahee
Old 02-26-2007, 06:44 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
The Bills dont want our trash in exchange for Mcgahee
SSHHH!! They don't have to know it's trash.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Good news. The WR class just got a bit deeper. If we decide to go a different route in the first two rounds, we can look at Steve Smith, Laurent Robinson, Craig Davis, or Jason Hill in the third round. That's what I love about the combine.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen people say Darius Walker dissapointed at the combine? How so? His 4.56 or 4.57 40 is what people expected. Actually some expected worse maybe a 4.65. I haven't seen any of his other numbers except for his vertical which was impressive.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Definitely Jacobs should be the feature back but I think a 1st day pick would be ideal. Maybe a Kenny Irons and personally I like Darius Walker.
ds8582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i think jacobs could do a good job with the starting role. what do you guys think about the Mcgahee situation? would you want him in NY and what would you be willing to give up for him
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want McGahee. We don't need another head case who won't train with the team in the offseason. That being said, if the trade goes through without the Giants reaching an extension along with the trade, then McGahee isn't worth a first day pick. This is the last year on the contract and we can't reach a deal to extend him, one year of his service just isn't worth a day one pick. Unless there is some stipulation added similar to the Stallworth deal last year.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

ok makes sense.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Slasher28
Rookie

Slasher28 needs more cowbell.

McGahee would be ok, but i really don't want to trade a first round pick for him, he's got at least three baby's mommas and is in a bad situation. We would probably look for Darius walker or Lorenzo Booker in 3-5 rounds, definately not through free agency unless we get a good price for Rhodes

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope
Slasher28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, personally, want Lorenzo Booker. Use our 3rd or 4th rounder on him and still be able to give the Jacobs the bulk of the load (20-25 carries a game) while giving Booker around 7-10 a game, using him like the Jets used Leon Washington, as our game breaker out of the backfield here and there.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

I want Chris Henry in the 4rth round.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

McGahee looks like he has reached his peak. He is not a top 10 NFL RB. He needs the ball 20 to 25 times a game to be effective.

Ahman Green can be had for cheaper. Plus there has to be a scat back like Maurice Jones-Drew who is overlooked.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I want to give Jacobs the full load, really see what he can do, only add a RB in rounds 5-7.

If we add someone else that will get a good number of carries, we can't really see how good Jacobs is. If we give him the bulk, and he shows that he can't handle it, I see us picking next year no higher then 15, and able to get someone like Slaton, McFadden, Stewart or Hart.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Jacobs could be a feature back, but I don't think he should be given anywhere near a featured back's entire workload. I think the Giants definitely need to bring in a lightning to Jacob's thunder. Try and find the Maurice Jones-Drew or Jerious Norwood of this year's draft.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see someone like Domonic Rhodes or DeShaun Foster be brought in to compliment Jacobs...

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I would love to see someone like Domonic Rhodes or DeShaun Foster be brought in to compliment Jacobs...
Foster would be very nice. Is he available though?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Foster would be very nice. Is he available though?
As far as I know the Panthers cut him, or at least plan on doing so.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'm telling you right now the guy we want is still Darius Walker in the 3rd or 4th. His size checked out. 5'10" 204. The same size a Tiki. Jacobs can get 20 carries a game and Walker can get 5-8. He is the perfect third down back because not only can he catch the ball extremely well, he can BLOCK. Probably better than Jacobs can right now even at a much smaller stature. Charlie coached him extremely well. Catching the ball and pass protection might be the two biggest things a 3rd down back has to do.

Also when it is 3rd and 5 or 6, if a team does run the ball, what is the most often type of run you see in a situation like that? A draw! Which is when Walker is the most effective. His vision is amazing when blocks have time to materialize in front of him.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

What is Antonio Pittman's stock right now? He ran a 4.4 40 and still nobody is talking about him. Chris Henry and Pittman really stood out in this combine. McGahee and Tatum Bell would also be great options.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm telling you right now the guy we want is still Darius Walker in the 3rd or 4th. His size checked out. 5'10" 204. The same size a Tiki. Jacobs can get 20 carries a game and Walker can get 5-8. He is the perfect third down back because not only can he catch the ball extremely well, he can BLOCK. Probably better than Jacobs can right now even at a much smaller stature. Charlie coached him extremely well. Catching the ball and pass protection might be the two biggest things a 3rd down back has to do.

Also when it is 3rd and 5 or 6, if a team does run the ball, what is the most often type of run you see in a situation like that? A draw! Which is when Walker is the most effective. His vision is amazing when blocks have time to materialize in front of him.
ya im liking darius walker a lot too- hes a very smart football player, very instinctive and can only help that he can catch the ball well- apparently jerry reese has been looking @ brandon Jackson from nebraska and has mentioned his name...thoughts?

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JoshTheStampede

I agree, I really like Booker. Im not sold on Darius Walker, really.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:33 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

We have been rumored to be going after current NFL RBs rather than drafting one. Names that have been mentioned.

Ahman Green
Clinton Portis
Michael Turner
Willis McGahee
Tatum Bell
Dominic Rhodes
Thomas Jones

Edit: for the record. I think we should pick up a veteran to split time with Jacobs. Jacobs is unproven and drafting a rookie, we'd have two unproven RBs in our backfield. We need somebody reliable incase Jacobs can't handle it. I really like Chris Henry as a day two pick. We may need two RBs, Ward may not be back.

Last edited by ricky bobby : 02-27-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

John Clayton reported we offered the Bills a 4th round pick for Willis and they are holding out for better offers.