Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL to announce Week 1 primetime and Thanksgiving games Monday

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...e-on-deck.html

Quote:
Schedule on deck
11:05 AM Sun, Mar 30, 2008
Albert Breer

The NFL is expected to release its national television schedule for the season's opening weekend and Thanksgiving tomorrow, during the first day of the league's owner's meetings.

The rest of schedule was tentatively slated to be released on Thursday, though that has come off the NFL Network television schedule since.
(Similar to this announcement in 2006.)

Post your guesses or games you'd like to see, if willing.

A little help: It is Fox's turn to host the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, meaning they will play an NFC team.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers and Lions has been a tradition on thanksgiving for the most part except a couple years recently.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is for the Thursday game, it will be the Colts @ Vikings.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
My guess is for the Thursday game, it will be the Colts @ Vikings.
Wouldn't it be the Redskins @ Giants?. In the past years the Thursday game has been the Winning Superbowl team at Home.

Maybe Colts @ Vikings on Monday Night. Which I hope the Vikings play on Monday because I think it with September 8th and thats my Birthday so that would be cool.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Lions' Thanksgiving game this year will be against an AFC opponent....and the only AFC teams visiting Detroit this year are the Titans and Jaguars.

So on Thanksgiving Day, it'll either be Jags@Lions or Titans@Lions .
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

as always I'd love to see the Jags play on Thanksgiving but I doubt it will happen anytime soon...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guesses as follows.

TNF: Washington Redskins @ New York Giants. Given.

FOX afternoon/nationally-televised game: Indianapolis Colts @ Green Bay Packers. Colts have opened the season in primetime four straight years, but only the Cowboys could bump them. No Favre might mean this isn't worth keeping for November sweeps.

SNF: Dallas Cowboys @ Pittsburgh Steelers. That's a real nice primetime game, plus it's the 30th anniversary of the 78 season, which ended in Super Bowl XIII where the Steelers beat the Cowboys 35-31.

MNF double-header: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers. First game opens up on the east coast, Bucs give the game legitimacy as a playoff team last year. Plus it's a divisional game which hopefully helps scoring, and the Panthers have added weapons this offseason.

MNF double-header: Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders. Second game on the west coast, similar situation to the above in having two division rivals - who turned in two good games last season.

Thanksgiving CBS: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Detroit Lions. CBS hosts the Lions and has to have an AFC team, it's either the Jags or the Titans. I'll give the nod to the Jags.

Thanksgiving FOX: Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys. Fox hosts the Cowboys and has to have an NFC opponent, but I think it might be too long a trip for the Seahawks to travel on a very short week. Bucs ... eh, we saw the Cowboys destroy the Bucs on Thanksgiving in 2006, do we need a repeat? We don't often see NFC East opponents against the Cowboys (twice in 15 years according to the linked blog, both times the Redskins), but I'll go with the Eagles because they are a feasible opponent to have when a 2007 NFC playoff team isn't available.

Thanksgiving NFLN: Anybody's guess, but I'll just say Chicago Bears @ Houston Texans. Texans fans will pack the dome, and having a dome is big, plus the Bears will bring ratings. Could be a really good game.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

raiders wont have a monday night game again :(

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

im guessing Giants vs Cowboys & Vikings vs Lions & Chiefs vs Broncos thanksgiving
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice...they released the schedules later last season. I wasnt expecting them so soon.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would love to see the chargers get a thanksgiving game.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions I think play on CBS this year because they rotate.

So that means its either Tennessee at Detroit or Jacksonville at Detroit.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Browns Colts on monday night.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cowboys at packers MNF week one
giants at cowboys Thanksgiving

those are my guesses
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

anybody know the time they are gonna release it.?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vikings-Packers to open on Monday night
March 31st, 2008 – 10:38 AM by Judd Zulgad

The NFL will announce this afternoon that the Vikings will play the Green Bay Packers in the Monday night opener at 6 p.m. Sept. 8 on ESPN, according to an industry source. As has become the custom, it will be the first game of a Monday night doubleheader on the network. The game is expected to be played at Lambeau Field and will be the first for the Packers in the post-Brett Favre era. (Do you think there will be a little talk about Favre that night?)

The Vikings also played on the opening Monday night of the 2006 season when they beat Washington in Brad Childress’ first game as head coach.

Last season, the Vikings made only one Monday night appearance. That came Dec. 17 at the Metrodome. Of course, the 2007 schedule was done long before Adrian Peterson proved himself to be one of the NFL’s top running backs and marquee attractions. Overall, the Vikings finished with two prime-time games last season. The Dec. 23 matchup against Washington was moved to Sunday night on NBC under the league’s flexible scheduling system.

For those of you who live in the Twin Cities area and don’t get ESPN, you don’t have to worry. Under NFL rules, the network must find a local station to simulcast the coverage. It’s likely that station will be KSTP (Ch. 5).

The NFL won’t announce its entire schedule today but rather just key dates associated with the opening week. This will include the opener on Thursday, Sept. 4, along with the Sept. 7 national and Sunday night games.

News about the plans for the opening game on Thursday night broke last week. That matchup will involve the Super Bowl champion New York Giants and Washington Redskins and is expected to start around 6 p.m. to avoid any conflict with the Republican National Convention.

This will be the sixth time the Vikings have opened against the Packers. A look at their previous meetings in season openers:

Sept. 16, 1962: Packers 34, Vikings 7 at Green Bay (Vikings finished 2-11-1)

Sept. 15, 1974: Vikings 32, Packers 17 at Green Bay (Vikings finished 10-4)

Sept. 6, 1992: Vikings 23, Packers 20, overtime, at Green Bay (Vikings finished 11-5 in Dennis Green’s first season)

Sept. 4, 1994: Packers 16, Vikings 10 at Green Bay (Vikings finished 10-6)

Sept. 7, 2003: Vikings 30, Packers 25 at Green Bay (Vikings finished 9-7)
Well I got my wish for Vikings on Monday night.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

That's cool, Vikings @ Packers is a great game to open MNF for a new season.

(Although now there is no way for the Colts to play on the Fox nationally-televised afternoon game, assuming Fox still has it this year like in the last few. Dallas could be the team of course, as they were in 2006 when they played at Jacksonville, but Dallas might be too much a draw coming off a 13-3 season to not play in primetime.)
Old 03-31-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers/Vikes will be a good game to watch.

Tough game for Aaron Rodgers though in Week 1. The load theoretically should be all on Rodgers with the run D that the Vikings have. Luckily the Vikings secondary has some problems.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre/Aaron Rogers and Peterson should provide an interesting storyline for that game...Both sides of the ball will key in on those two players.

And im sure Dallas will have plenty primetime games so im not worried, even if not scheduled they will be through the latter half of the season when they choose the games(is that still happening this year?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Word is Oakland and Denver got the second game on monday..got no link yet.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Word is Oakland and Denver got the second game on monday..got no link yet.
Yeah I just read the same thing on the Raiders board. Some guy said the Commisioner announced it during a press conference on the nfl network.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Giants were trying to get out of the Thanksgiving game in Dallas...so that would lead me to believe they are slated for that spot as of right now unless the NFL complies....which they did not do with the opening night game where the Giants requested the game be against the Bengals or Seahawks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep View Post
Yeah I just read the same thing on the Raiders board. Some guy said the Commisioner announced it during a press conference on the nfl network.
I Seen it on NFLN.its on the bottom of the screen.

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story;jse...o&confirm=true
Old 03-31-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Here is the Video

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fe58
Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Denver @ Oakland.... hell yeaaaah
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote