Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
Although the Raiders and Browns have exchanged e-mails about a possible trade for Oakland cornerback Fabian Washington, it doesn't sound as if a deal is in the works. The Browns were told Oakland has an offer of a second-round pick on the table for the former No. 1 draft pick. The Browns, of course, have no pick available higher than the fourth round, and they are not even sure they would give that up for Washington.
Source

Any speculation on who offered a 2nd for Washington ? So many teams could use a CB...Miami,NY Jets,New England,Buffalo,Baltimore,Arizona,Green Bay,Dallas,the G-Men,St-Louis,Kansas City ?
Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously, we'll have to see, but I'd bet money that is was just Oakland trying to squeeze Cleveland for more value.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

If Deangelo Hall was had for an early 2nd, Washington isn't worth more than a 4th rounder, if that.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

The Raiders are just trying to swindel some team out of a higher pick than he deserves.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
The Raiders are just trying to swindel some team out of a higher pick than he deserves.
If the last few years are any indication, they very well might be able to do just that. But then they'll turn around and use that pick on Frank Okam or something.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns say that they have no interest in Fabian washington. At least that was the article on one of those newspapers' sites, the Plain Dealer's I think. Dead thread.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should be worth a late 3rd to 4th IMO, but most likely 4th if DeAngelo was traded for a 2nd even with the contract extension having to be done.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Deagnelo hall was traded under duress.....We don't have to trade fabian, we can keep him if the deals aren't good. One thing is for sure he won't be cut.

I think we should get a second for him he is not a bad player. He is above average.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did he all of a sudden start to struggle and lose his job? Either way I wouldnt be in a rush to trade him unless I could get a player, dewayne robertson? Something along those lines because he could still be a good nickel corner with his speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Browns don't even have a second round pick
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I wouldn't mind the Jaguars looking his way for the right price...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why did he all of a sudden start to struggle and lose his job? Either way I wouldnt be in a rush to trade him unless I could get a player, dewayne robertson? Something along those lines because he could still be a good nickel corner with his speed.
I'm 90% sure he was never quite healthy and had some nagging injuries throughout the season that affected his performance. I guarantee we did not choose Stanford Routt to start over a perfectly healthy Fabian. While not a shutdown corner he is still a solid option and would start on most teams. He gives up the odd big play when he bites on fakes, but he is still a really young player with some upside. I have no problem keeping him as our 3rd DB and would be comfortable with him starting if Asomugha or Hall went down.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
If Deangelo Hall was had for an early 2nd, Washington isn't worth more than a 4th rounder, if that.
Did you see this guy's season yesterday?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really don't see why in the world a team would offer Oakland a 2nd for Fabian Washington, if they needed a corner, couldn't they have just offered that 2nd to Atlanta? Fabian Washington is worth a mid to late third at BEST.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a 2nd rounder would help us out ALOT. even a 3rd. we need a pick to use on dline since its starting to look like oakland is gonna get DMAC

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wouldn't mind giving up our 2nd 2nd rounder for him (57th pick). He's a nice young player with great speed. Would address a big need as well. Getting him for a 3rd would be amazing.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
AllDayFootball724
Rookie

AllDayFootball724 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why not go after Lito
AllDayFootball724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayFootball724 View Post
Why not go after Lito
I would love that too!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Browns say that they have no interest in Fabian washington. At least that was the article on one of those newspapers' sites, the Plain Dealer's I think. Dead thread.
I think if they could get him for a fourth they should.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id give up a 3rd for him. he'd fit in with our scheme real well, and I feel he can get back to his 06 form with our pass rush.

id be estatic if we made a trade for him. i hope that if we do however, that it doesn't prevent us from drafting another CB however, bc i feel we'd still need an insurance policy in case he flops.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Obviously, we'll have to see, but I'd bet money that is was just Oakland trying to squeeze Cleveland for more value.
True True.

Ever sense Chad Johnson destroyed him he hasnt been the same ..Kind of like what James Hardy did to Justin King.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
a 2nd rounder would help us out ALOT. even a 3rd. we need a pick to use on dline since its starting to look like oakland is gonna get DMAC
And whose playing LT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayFootball724 View Post
Why not go after Lito
Washington comes without the same injury history that Sheppard does. However Sheppard is the superior player of the 2 thus far (Washington still has some upside).
Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fabian isn't worth more than a 4.

Good try Oakland.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hope with the lack of picks this year Oakland would become more aggressive in trade talks and then turn around and use it on the depleted front 4.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2nd Rounder or no deal he is cheaper to keep.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote