Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-03-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ted Ginn as our #1:

Tony Sparano certainly thinks so.

"Dolphins coach Tony Sparano believes Ted Ginn can be a true No. 1 receiver."

"I see a guy that can run, can catch pretty well, and has become a lot better from a route discipline standpoint," Sparano said. Ginn is locked in as a starter, most likely opposite Ernest Wilford. Derek Hagan, Tab Perry, and David Kircus figure to contend for the third receiver role this summer.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/480992.html

Steve Smith part 2 anyone? Sparano has been speaking favorably about Ginn's progression all week. And for good reason. This guy is going to be a beast, and we will start seeing it as early as this upcoming season. Cam did do something right.

There are also some interesting news and notes from the past couple days in the article as well.

Discuss:

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

• Vernon Carey's position -- left or right tackle -- will remain uncertain until the draft. ''Vernon did a good job playing left tackle,'' Sparano said. ''I'm not sure whether he's more natural at left or right. We're going to bounce him around a little bit.'' The Dolphins called about Raiders free agent left tackle Barry Sims and asked his agent to keep in touch

This is very interesting. I also think Tedd Ginn Jr. is going to be an absolute star with the right coaching.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
Vernon Carey's position -- left or right tackle -- will remain uncertain until the draft. ''Vernon did a good job playing left tackle,'' Sparano said. ''I'm not sure whether he's more natural at left or right. We're going to bounce him around a little bit.'' The Dolphins called about Raiders free agent left tackle Barry Sims and asked his agent to keep in touch

This is very interesting. I also think Tedd Ginn Jr. is going to be an absolute star with the right coaching.
Leave it to BBC to take a thread about Ted Ginn Jr and bring out a quote about Vernon Carey at OT. See what I mean BBC, even when your not talking directly about Jake Long. Your bringing up stuff about him indirectly.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Leave it to BBC to take a thread about Ted Ginn Jr and bring out a quote about Vernon Carey at OT. See what I mean BBC, even when your not talking directly about Jake Long. Your bringing up stuff about him indirectly.
It's rather amusing how it gets under your skin so much Joey. I am just trying to zero in on what the pick will be that's all. If there was another top rated offensive tackle other then Jake Long in this draft then I would probably be harping on him. I just want a bad ass offensive tackle on this team that's all.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

If the Dolphins went out and signed Barry Sims before the draft Joey I promise to end all Jake Long bandwagon post. DEAL?????
Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

At very least if they sign Barry Sims it gives them some time to groom a 2nd or 3rd round offensive tackle to replace him.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

I do apologize for going off topic Bow. I will go back to my BBC Jake Long Forum in peace :)
Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double double post ftw!
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote