Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Strahan rumors

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/257682.aspx
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll believe a lot of that when I see it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'll believe a lot of that when I see it.

PFT also is reporting it but Strahan to the skins.. I wonder how serious this organization is in doing with and than play Tuck, and Kiwi finally.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
PFT also is reporting it but Strahan to the skins.. I wonder how serious this organization is in doing with and than play Tuck, and Kiwi finally.
I am highly against this, and I doubt we do it. One thing I love about our organization is the class that it runs by. Michael Strahan has no business wearing any other jersey in the NFL. He's a Giant for life. Trading him or cutting him would be idiotic. He's still playing at a very high level, and is still one of the best, if not the best run stuffing DE in the NFL. With our youth, we can spell him and keep him fresh, and as we saw last year, having depth at that position is important.

His presence is also very important in helping the development of our younger DEs. He is the leader of the lockerroom and the soul of the team. This would be a horrible mistake. He's gonna probably retire at the end of this year or next year anyway, why push out the greatest DE to ever wear a Giant uniform? This would be a shame, and as a Giant fan who respects the class that we run by, I would be very disappointed in this move.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I am highly against this, and I doubt we do it. One thing I love about our organization is the class that it runs by. Michael Strahan has no business wearing any other jersey in the NFL. He's a Giant for life. Trading him or cutting him would be idiotic. He's still playing at a very high level, and is still one of the best, if not the best run stuffing DE in the NFL. With our youth, we can spell him and keep him fresh, and as we saw last year, having depth at that position is important.

His presence is also very important in helping the development of our younger DEs. He is the leader of the lockerroom and the soul of the team. This would be a horrible mistake. He's gonna probably retire at the end of this year or next year anyway, why push out the greatest DE to ever wear a Giant uniform? This would be a shame, and as a Giant fan who respects the class that we run by, I would be very disappointed in this move.

I diagree, while agree with the class and what not about our franchise it's just business.. Due to his divorce he needs to make more money, and I can see him playing alot longer trying to get as much as he can out of it. Now from a giants business standpoint you have to get him to get lower with his cap, and if he doesnt than we have to go another way. Plus thats why it's easier not to get attached to a single player no matter how good the guy is because some day he has to move on. Look at the brett F. situation, he has that damn team hostage. It's like the FO fears the backlash from the fans, and just let Brett do whatever. Screw that i say, I hope Reese examines all the issues, and gets Strahan to take a paycut, and if that doesnt happen than I wont be upset if Strahan gets bounced out. The fan of me would be sad, but the New York Giants isnt about one player, its a team, and eventually this day would come.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think cutting Strahan is a mistake, as is trading him unless we get an offer we cant refuse.

He is a life long Giant and there is something to be said about that. I dont think he should get a raise, but he has signed a contract and we should finish the contract out then evaluate the situation.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think cutting him would be a mistake, but if he asks for it, and will cause problems if we don't, I don't see much choice.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I think cutting him would be a mistake, but if he asks for it, and will cause problems if we don't, I don't see much choice.
Yea, that I agree with. although trade him rather then cutting him if possible
Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we can sucker a 3rd out of somebody, i'd be willing to part with him.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always thought Strahan was a bit overrated, especially lately (Osi's the best DE on the team) but cutting him would be a mistake. He still has some left in the tank and he could probably bring in a mid round pick or two.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:39 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let's say we did in fact lose Strahan and we moved Kiwi to SLB. Would we then be in the market for a DE?? Our Defensive ends would be Umenyiora, Tuck, and Awasom. We would need one more, and a pretty good one because i'm not sure that Tuck can start. Maybe late day one? Why does Reese insist on adding more needs?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Let's say we did in fact lose Strahan and we moved Kiwi to SLB. Would we then be in the market for a DE?? Our Defensive ends would be Umenyiora, Tuck, and Awasom. We would need one more, and a pretty good one because i'm not sure that Tuck can start. Maybe late day one? Why does Reese insist on adding more needs?
All teams have needs, plus we are not sure Strahan can stay healthy now. It's pretty much gotten to that point. Not only that his cap number is high, so something needs to be done about that. Reese is pretty much showing he has the balls to check everything. I like the way he is going about it. Restructure or else Strahan approach.