Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-05-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Mayock's Mock Draft

It came out yesterday and I hadn't seen the full thing posted anywhere so here it is. It's 3 video parts and i'm too lazy to type the Mock so this is all you guys are getting.

Picks 1-10
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

Picks 11-20

Picks 21-31

Not really to many surprises in the mock but one thing that interested me was Mike Mayock saying Brandon Flowers is the best CB in the draft. He also says that he is the most physical corner he has seen in the last 5 years of the draft.

I've noticed over the past couple years that when Mayock is particularly high on a certain player that player always turns into a great NFL player. I remember when D. Ware was coming out and how Mayock was in love with him. Obviously he knows his **** and I didn't really think that highly of Flowers untill Mayock gave him the o.k.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i did the mock for you

1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long/DE (Virginia) Sr.
2. St. Louis Rams - Jake Long/OT (Michigan) Sr.
3. Atlanta Falcons - Glenn Dorsey/DT (LSU) Sr.
4. Oakland Raiders - Vernon Gholston/DE (Ohio State) Jr.
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Ryan/QB (Boston College) Sr.
6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden/RB (Arkansas) Jr
7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) - Branden Albert/OG (Virginia) Sr.
8. Baltimore Ravens - Leodis McKelvin/CB (Troy) Sr.
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Sedrick Ellis/DT (USC) Sr.
10. New Orleans Saints - Keith Rivers/LB (USC) Sr.
11. Buffalo Bills - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie/CB (Tennessee State) Sr.
12. Denver Broncos - Ryan Clady/OT (Bosie State) Jr.
13. Carolina Panthers - Jonathan Stewart/RB (Oregon) Sr.
14. Chicago Bears - Jeff Otah/OT (Pittsburgh) Sr.
15. Detroit Lions - Jerod Mayo/LB (Tennessee) Jr.
16. Arizona Cardinals - Rashard Mendenhall/HB (Illinois) Jr.
17. Minnesota Vikings - Derrick Harvey/DE (Florida) Jr.
18. Houston Texans - Chris Williams/OT (Vanderbilt)
19. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Jenkins/CB (South Florida) Sr.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aqib Talib/CB (Kansas) Jr.
21. Washington Redskins - Calais Campbell/DE (Miami-Fla) Jr.
22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) - Felix Jones/RB (Arkansas) Jr.
23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Gosder Cherilus/OT (Boston College) Sr.
24. Tennessee Titans - Devin Thomas/WR (Michigan State) Jr.
25. Seattle Seahawks - Kentwan Balmer/DT (North Carolina) Sr.
26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Phillip Merling/DE (Clemson) Jr.
27. San Diego Chargers - Brandon Flowers/DB (Virginia Tech) Sr.
28. Dallas Cowboys - DeSean Jackson/WR (Calfornia) Jr.
29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) - Dan Connor/LB (Penn State) Sr.
30. Green Bay Packers - Sam Baker/OT (USC) Sr.
31. New York Giants - Mario Manningham/WR (Michigan) Jr.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see Jake Long going #2 to the Rams. With Pace and Barron, how long would Long have to sit or play OG?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Giants last season really shows that WR is our biggest need... I hate Mayock. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
It came out yesterday and I hadn't seen the full thing posted anywhere so here it is. It's 3 video parts and i'm too lazy to type the Mock so this is all you guys are getting.

Picks 1-10

Picks 11-20

Picks 21-31

Not really to many surprises in the mock but one thing that interested me was Mike Mayock saying Brandon Flowers is the best CB in the draft. He also says that he is the most physical corner he has seen in the last 5 years of the draft.

I've noticed over the past couple years that when Mayock is particularly high on a certain player that player always turns into a great NFL player. I remember when D. Ware was coming out and how Mayock was in love with him. Obviously he knows his **** and I didn't really think that highly of Flowers untill Mayock gave him the o.k.
Those links are exactly the same

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Watching the Giants last season really shows that WR is our biggest need... I hate Mayock. =(
I dont understand that pick one bit...Maybe you guys need two Sinorice Moss'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:23 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I really don't see Jake Long going #2 to the Rams. With Pace and Barron, how long would Long have to sit or play OG?
At most, 2 years. That isn't that long. Barron's contract is up in 2 years. It wouldn't be that stunning to me if Jake Long beat out Barron for a tackle spot sooner than that either.

As for the mock, the top 12 I buy. 13 surprised me a bit. Jonathan Stewart and the Panthers? It isn't for a lack of fit or need, though (they could use a big back despite adding Toefield).

At 14, my inclination is that Chicago would go with Williams over Otah, but sure, I could see Otah over Williams. 15 and Mayo somewhat surprised, but it wasn't shocking. Mayo is tearing up the boards, and it's hard to figure where the LB's fall this year, and Detroit is a team that could use one. But with Harvey and Mendenhall still on the board, not sure.

Seattle and Balmer mildy surprised. Sure, they could use another body, but do they really need it this high with some WR value in the area? The final two picks also surprised a bit. That said, prior to his pro day, Baker did make some sense for the Packers as a fit, and they are rumroed to like him. As for Manningham, not sure it's a first round need. Of course, the one question is who else, because the LB's are off here. The debate is whether or not there's secondary value in guys like Kenny Phillips, Antoine Cason, or Justin King, all of whom seem like debatable values. I'd probably go Phillips, even if it was considered a reach, considering they don't know what to expect at 63 on safeties.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Con
Rookie

Con hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he still has stewart goign in front of mendenhall.

didn't he say mendenhall is the #1 rb?
Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont see rivers going to the saints while clady is still on the board. but thats just me , and loomis picking bpa , he loves linemen
Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con View Post
he still has stewart goign in front of mendenhall.

didn't he say mendenhall is the #1 rb?
yes. But he also made clear that that's not necessarily the order in which they are selected. Just like Scott's rankings.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could definitely buy Tampa having a look at Talib if he is available come draft day. He would be a perfect fit to Tampa's defense and could definitely be a future number 1 in it. I would however prefer DeSean.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:44 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
i dont see rivers going to the saints while clady is still on the board. but thats just me , and loomis picking bpa , he loves linemen
Would they move Jamaal Brown back to RT in that situation?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
MURPHMAN
Rookie

MURPHMAN hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Since when did Calais Campbell become a first rounder again? I thought the average to poor showing at his pro day was the final nail in the coffin for his stock.
MURPHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURPHMAN View Post
Since when did Calais Campbell become a first rounder again? I thought the average to poor showing at his pro day was the final nail in the coffin for his stock.
well he does still have the coache's tape to fall back on.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-05-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
if clady turns out to be the real deal for LT , they would do it i think.
or they let him go next year and try backup zach strief on RT with bushrod at backup than.

we have a couple of big contracts comming the next years. jahri evans , marques colston , will smith , jammal brown the year after next.

he had a very lackluster season , so i can see an open battle this summer.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about J.Long over Dorsey.

I don't like KC taking Ryan when there are better overall players still available.

I don't think NE will freak out because of the Super Bowl and grab Oline at 7, when McKelvin is on the board, especially with his ability to return kicks and punts.

Would the Bills pass on Harvey or a WR for Cromartie? Cromartie is very raw, and the Bills already have raw CB's. What is the point in adding another?

Stewart over Mendenhall?

Pretty high for Mayo especially with Mendenhall and Harvey on the board for Detroit.

Devin Thomas would be a better pick for Dallas than F. Jones, but DeSean Jackson is a good pick, considering what he can do for you on special teams. It's a deeper RB class than WR.

GB looks like they may be forced to draft best player available, and that is not Sam Baker.

Same for NYG, Manningham is not the best player left, and WR is not an immediate enough need to warrant a first round pick. They would be better off with Curtis Lofton or Beau Bell at least.

Just my thoughts.
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURPHMAN View Post
It's debatable value wise if Calais is a first rounder. Some probably have him early 2nd. At best, very late first. That said, many are thinking that since the Redskins hired the Miami DL coach (John something) that they will look that way. I'm not sure I agree, but only time will tell.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
15. Detroit Lions - Jerod Mayo/LB (Tennessee) Jr.
16. Arizona Cardinals - Rashard Mendenhall/HB (Illinois) Jr.
This scenario is a little unexpected. Hmm . . .
Old 04-05-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
I don't know about J.Long over Dorsey.

I don't like KC taking Ryan when there are better overall players still available.

I don't think NE will freak out because of the Super Bowl and grab Oline at 7, when McKelvin is on the board, especially with his ability to return kicks and punts.

Would the Bills pass on Harvey or a WR for Cromartie? Cromartie is very raw, and the Bills already have raw CB's. What is the point in adding another?

Stewart over Mendenhall?

Pretty high for Mayo especially with Mendenhall and Harvey on the board for Detroit.

Devin Thomas would be a better pick for Dallas than F. Jones, but DeSean Jackson is a good pick, considering what he can do for you on special teams. It's a deeper RB class than WR.

GB looks like they may be forced to draft best player available, and that is not Sam Baker.

Same for NYG, Manningham is not the best player left, and WR is not an immediate enough need to warrant a first round pick. They would be better off with Curtis Lofton or Beau Bell at least.

Just my thoughts.
The counter-arguments for some (not saying I agree with all of them)

a) Jake Long over Glenn Dorsey - Rams DL need is actually more DE. Dorsey only comes into play because of his superb talent. That said, getting franchise tackles are hard. Early first OT's are usually relatively safe. With Pace winding down and Barron's contract ending in 2 years, this could be a preemptive strike. They could start Jake at RG and have an open battle for center, with Incognito perhaps favored. Don't rule out Jake beating out Barron for a tackle spot.

b) A very valid case can be made that Matt Ryan is BPA at that point, but that's being discussed in other threads. Furthermore, waiting to take a QB is usually riskier, so the opportunity to take a franchise QB, if they feel Ryan is one, is tough to pass. Would be very much a la Rivers/Brees if they went that route.

c) Stephen Neal's injury is something to consider. Furthermore, Kaczur is an average RT, Light is a decent LT, Hochstein is at best an average backup, and O'Callaghan is an unknown. They could start Albert inside and groom him for Light or Kaczur's spot as Scarnecchia is a good OL guy. Certainly would be one of the best raw talents they've had in the OL in awhile. With all their DB signings, they very well could wait. Since they've added a 3rd safety, many are assuming that Meriweather is going to CB, and his skillset is a quality fit at CB. Add in their other DB signings along with Belichick's bullish beliefs on coaching DB's, and it's possible they wait.

d) I would consider DE for Buffalo BUT ... they do have Kelsay and Schobel locked down. WR value is very iffy there, so they could opt to take a CB there and grab a WR early round 2 (or even dealing up if they want). The value of WR in the early 2nd isn't going to be very different from what's available in the first.

e) I like Mendenhall better. That said, Stewart is probably a slightly more physical back and that may be what Carolina is targeting.

f) I disagree with the Mayo pick, although most indications are that Mayo's made a rapid rise and could have an outside shot at challenging Rivers as the first LB off, depending on the team involved.

g) I agree that Green Bay isn't BPA. That said, they've always drafted for their fit. Furthermore, Tauscher and Clifton are winding down. It could be a case of drafting someone a tad higher knowing the options a round later are quite iffy. Of course, Baker needs to realize his agility was what made him intriguing and stop the bulking up he supposedly has gone through.

h) I think the Manningham pick is awfully odd. Just not sure it's needed. That said, post pro day, Mario is definitely in that late first-mid 2nd discussion again, and there's a lot of people to fit in there. It's not inconceivable that someone moves up for him.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Mayock is a idiot
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time believing the 49ers would pass up a potential pass rusher like Quentin Groves to take another 3-4 ILB, after we already drafted one in the 1st round last year, and signed one in FA this year.

I like connor, but it should be groves>connor for the 49ers.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
I am an idiot
fixed it for you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-05-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, you have to keep in mind that Mayock watches a lot of tape. Ok? He watches tape of players, and that is where he gets his opinions from. Nobody else has access to this tape. It's secret tape. Secret tape that gives him special wisdom where he can act like a condescending prick and make really obvious statements and then be praised for being a genius. All of you should avoid watching tape. Just listen to whatever Mike Mayock tells you, as his opinion is much more valuable than yours since he's on TV.

Oh and I love how he can't make a single comment about McFadden without making some snide comment about character concerns. He was involved in a fight because someone hit his cousin. It's not like he got a DUI (half the league), or beat a woman (other half of the league).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-05-2008 at 11:34 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I would assume so. Adding Clady (or Mendenhall) if Ellis/Dorsey/Rivers are gone would not surprise me in the least. There's a chance we could always draft DRC or McKelvin but I just don't see that happening.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Guys, you have to keep in mind that Mayock watches a lot of tape. Ok? He watches tape of players, and that is where he gets his opinions from. Nobody else has access to this tape. It's secret tape. Secret tape that gives him special wisdom where he can act like a condescending prick and make really obvious statements and then be praised for being a genius. All of you should avoid watching tape. Just listen to whatever Mike Mayock tells you, as his opinion is much more valuable than yours since he's on TV.

Oh and I love how he can't make a single comment about McFadden without making some snide comment about character concerns. He was involved in a fight because someone hit his cousin. It's not like he got a DUI (half the league), or beat a woman (other half of the league).
The first part made me lol, and the second part is so true. He wants to be right about Mendenhall being the best back so bad that he has to bring that up every time he talks about McFadden. McFadden will most likely be drafted before Mendenhall so he should chill on that.

And like someone stated previously, no Matt Ryan please. I'd rather take Branden Albert there. That kid is looking like he'll be a dominant pro.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote