Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Michael Grffin S Texas- Starter right away at SS, great athlete and hard hitter with above average coverage skills.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...aelgriffin.html
2. Michael Bush RB Louisville- Was projected as a first rounder until the injury, can be a very effective short yardage back.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ichaelbush.html
3. Ben Patrick TE Deleware- LJ Smith might not be here too much longer and if he's not we'll need a playmaking TE and this guy is good.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...benpatrick.html
5. Desmond Bishop MLB Cal- This team may seem stacked at LB right now but Bishop could be the ideal replacement for Trotter.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...mondbishop.html
6. AJ Davis CB NC State- Very underrated cb who can compete for dimeback right away and could very possibly be the nickelback in a year if James leaves throuh FA.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...cb/ajdavis.html
7. Xzavie Jackson DE Missouri- Sleeper DE who is solid against the run and could get some PT in obvious rushing situations.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...viejackson.html

This would be an amazing draft imo and if it went something like this in real life I think we could be strong Superbowl contenders.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you could get bush in prob the 4th or even 5th round now...since he had surgery on his leg he is out an extra 2 months so he wont even have worked out before the draft and said that bush will fall and maybe into the 2nd day...i project him now into the 3rd or 4th. also the eagles value CB so they would prob take one earlier since all they got is sheppard, brown, and james. hanson blows and should not be in the nfl
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

there is no way Bush is a 4th or 5th rd. pick. He was a top 15 pick and then he got a season ending injury, which was a broken leg, which is the "best season ending injury"

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How about these possibilities for the first two rounds:

Griffin
Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
Wendling
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post

Griffin
Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
Wendling
I don't see DE as that big of a need right now, maybe in 2-3 years but we have a lot of depth now at de and we have bigger needs.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Griffin
Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
Wendling
I'm not a big Abiamiri fan, but Spencer or Johnson I would be fine with in the second. I don't really like Weddle or Wendling, but they are ok I guess. At least they fill a need.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I don't see DE as that big of a need right now, maybe in 2-3 years but we have a lot of depth now at de and we have bigger needs.
We may not see DE as a big need, but the Eagles have their philosophy and stick to it. I'm trying to think what they would do.

Besides, Kearse is an ankle-grabber, and Hugh Douglas said this morning that he looks to be about 230 lbs. Cole wears down, Howard can not be the man, and Thomas is ok. Gocong may be another pass rusher, and McDougle is gone. I actually think Kearse or Howard or both are gone after this season.

So depth is not that good. My main point is that I think the first two rounds will be some sort of combination of DE and safety, since those are the deepest and most quality positions in the draft. CB and TE are secondary positions by need.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I'm not a big Abiamiri fan, but Spencer or Johnson I would be fine with in the second. I don't really like Weddle or Wendling, but they are ok I guess. At least they fill a need.
I meant it in round order. For example:

1. Moss
2. Weddle

And why are you low on Abiamiri?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not big on this mock, but it isn't like it is that bad either. I don't like Desmond Bishop, mostly because he is only a 2 down LB. I would be much happier with Anthony Waters as the MLB in the third round. Here is mine as I see it right now, ideally.
1. Michael Griffin, S. This is obviously our biggest remaining need, so I think this is the most logical pick that would help our defense the most.
2. Ben Patrick, TE, or Brian Leonard, RB. (I know we just re-signed Buck, but our FO has shown a lot of interest in him, but it may be smokescreens. Even though we have L.J., we may go TE if our FO is unsure about the ability to re-sign him. If the FO feels safe at both of these positions, we may go DE in the second round with a guy like Crowder) For the purpose of this draft I will say Ben Patrick.
3. Anthony Waters, MLB. We may have improved our OLBs with the acquisition of Takeo Spikes, but we need a future MIKE to replace Trotter is the organization fells as though they want to kepp Gaither at WILL, which I think is the best idea. If they are comfortable moving Gaither to MIKE, Waters has the versatility to play WILL, so he would be a great pick for either position.
5. Nate Ilaoa. We do need a guy to stuff it up the middle, and Ilaoa is the best option at this point. He runs hard and fast for a guy who is 240+. He is a little short, but our team likes shorter RBs. Ilaoa can catch very easily as well, so he is a great fit in our system. This would probably mean the end for Moats though, so that would be a disapointment.
6. Travarous Bain, CB. I know the sexy pick right now is getting Courtney Brown in the sixth or seventh or even undrafted, but this is a very logical pick considering what our defense needs out of its CB. We will bring in more competition for the Nickel postion, and it is one of our few needs. Bain has good size, though not as tall and large as Brown, but this is a good pick as well. Level of competition was a concern, but it always is for guys coming out of DII, but we all know there have been great names to come out of those ranks, and AR really likes the DII guys as well.
7. Jacob Bender, OT. This was a tough decision. There is a rumor that we will be trading our newly acquired QB, but I don't buy it. We need a big run-stuffing DT, but out DT spots are full, as well as the rest of our defensive positions. Our O-line is stacked, but I really think AR will have to draft at least one O-linemen this draft. The rest of our spots are filled at this point, so we add another player to improve our depth at O-line.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 04-01-2007 at 11:43 AM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Griffin in first then a CB in second, But rather then Bennet what about Tanard Jackson of Syracuse, He is so physical and is great in man to man. Iv watched him alot and he loves to be physical,he will really take advantage of the 5 yard rule in The NFL.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need to get a CB on the first day. Our system is able to make a lot out of little when it comes to CBs. Rod Hood went undrafted, and now he has developed into a starter in this league. I would be perfectly comfortable getting a CB in rounds six or seven, or even undrafted. Though I do think it would be better to get one in the draft.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
I like Griffin in first then a CB in second, But rather then Bennet what about Tanard Jackson of Syracuse, He is so physical and is great in man to man. Iv watched him alot and he loves to be physical,he will really take advantage of the 5 yard rule in The NFL.
I really like Jackson as well, he would be a perfect nickelback, but he will be gone in the second round which is a little too early to take someone to fill that position IMO. A lot of us really like Bennett because he's a very sound player and doesn't have any really glaring weaknesses. He's a probably a third rounder, and has tons of upside. That and we had success with another gamecock, Sheldon Brown. Either way, I wouldn't be unhappy with either, but second round might be a bit early for us to take a nickelback.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I really like Jackson as well, he would be a perfect nickelback, but he will be gone in the second round which is a little too early to take someone to fill that position IMO. A lot of us really like Bennett because he's a very sound player and doesn't have any really glaring weaknesses. He's a probably a third rounder, and has tons of upside. That and we had success with another gamecock, Sheldon Brown. Either way, I wouldn't be unhappy with either, but second round might be a bit early for us to take a nickelback.
A wise post, and don't forget Dunta Robinson, another great Gamecock. Jackson is a beastly cover 2 corner IMO. He plays really physical and could even be a FS.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I meant it in round order. For example:

1. Moss
2. Weddle

And why are you low on Abiamiri?
Ok, I didn't get how you were ranking them. Abiamari would be awesome to get in the second, but I see him going mid 2nd. I thought you were saying he would be our pick in the first which would be a sizeable reach.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
A wise post, and don't forget Dunta Robinson, another great Gamecock. Jackson is a beastly cover 2 corner IMO. He plays really physical and could even be a FS.
True, Dunta is awesome. I was speaking from the Eagles FO view, but they have put out quite a few successful DB's.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yes, we have done a lot with the CBs we have had over the past few years.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

I feel this article adequately represents the Eagles draft. It is realistic, and falls in line with the Eagles philosophy.

I have become President of the Michael Griffith fan club. He's the real deal, and my guy at #26.

I think Abiamiri is the 2nd round pick. Leonard would be nice, but they wouldn't use him enough.

Basically, because the Eagles don't have much cap space and a bunch of starters already signed (although this may be a case of quantity over quality), I think that this is the year that they should give up draft picks to move up and get the players they want. They don't have much room on the roster anyway, so they might as well go for pedigree picks. They can give up a pick or so from the 2008 draft too.

Last edited by Green Kool Aid : 04-04-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This article had me until he went and said Troy Smith in any way, shape, or form.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
I have become President of the Michael Griffith fan club.
No offense dude but how are you the president of his fan club when don't even know his last name? Anyway I am very high on Michael Griffin as well.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 04-04-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is a talented player. There is a lot of talent in this draft that can really help the Eagles. I really don't have an actual preference as to who they take at this point. I still have full trust in the Front Office.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
No offense dude but how are you the president of his fan club when don't even know his last name? Anyway I am very high on Michael Griffin as well.
My bad..........
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Griffin is a talented player. There is a lot of talent in this draft that can really help the Eagles. I really don't have an actual preference as to who they take at this point. I still have full trust in the Front Office.
Dave Spadaro, ladies and gentlemen.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Thanks for adding so much to the conversation, from your blatant mispelling of prospects' names to your complete and utter absence from the forum for most of the year. Your contributions are most useless...

Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Thanks for adding so much to the conversation, from your blatant mispelling of prospects' names to your complete and utter absence from the forum for most of the year. Your contributions are most useless...
hey, hey, hey

shhh...

don't get mad

it's about the game

BTW, "God Bless the Front Office" doesn't add much either,
Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles brought back a lot of key FA's, signed a DT to replace Walker, signed Curtis to replace Stallworth, and traded for Spikes. Their needs now become a potential DE to replace Kearse or Howard in a year or two, CB to groom for the future, and S of the present/future. The end of the first round has a lot of different players, and most of them have some holes in their games. There's no stud answer to our problems at this point. The team could draft DE, DT, CB, S, or WR, and I wouldn't necessarily be surprised.