Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 298
Reputation: 15
jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I have a feeling that Griffen is a better athlete than football player. Right now i am lobbying for Leonard but i wouldn't mind if they took Griffen
__________________


sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,212
Reputation: 234557
bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jon, that is all a matter of opinion. I think Griffin is a fine football player. He gets by a lot on raw ability, but so do guys like Michael Vick. Dominant athletes need to be coached up to reach their full potential. If Griffin is the guy, the defensive coaching staff will take care of business and work with him. They have a strong history of developing solid secondary players (Michael Lewis, Lito, Sheldon, Hood, Joselio Hanson, Considine). I don't count guys who were there before Andy Reid took over as products of the current coaching staff.
__________________



I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 933
Reputation: 334
FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

With the first round pick, These are the guys in order which I hope for the most the Eagles to draft
1.Michael Griffin
2.Chris Houstan
3.Patrick Willis
4.Buster Davis
5.Brandon Merriwether
__________________
FloridaFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 298
Reputation: 15
jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Jon, that is all a matter of opinion. I think Griffin is a fine football player. He gets by a lot on raw ability, but so do guys like Michael Vick. Dominant athletes need to be coached up to reach their full potential. If Griffin is the guy, the defensive coaching staff will take care of business and work with him. They have a strong history of developing solid secondary players (Michael Lewis, Lito, Sheldon, Hood, Joselio Hanson, Considine). I don't count guys who were there before Andy Reid took over as products of the current coaching staff.

I am now hoping Chris Houstan is there, I realized that there is no way we can take a FB in round 1, and we will go Defense day 1. so i want...

1.Chris Houstan
2.Michael Griffin
3.Brandon Meriweather
__________________


sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,555
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
I am now hoping Chris Houstan is there, I realized that there is no way we can take a FB in round 1, and we will go Defense day 1. so i want...

1.Chris Houstan
2.Michael Griffin
3.Brandon Meriweather
The CB situation in this draft seems to me that the value of the cornerbacks in rounds 2,3,4, etc. is better than those in the first round. I just don't really want to go CB round one when there is so much talent at the position in later rounds. If we were to go CB round one I would prefer Marcus McCauley to Chris Houston. Houston seems like a bust to me who is overrated because of his 40 time. He's also not very good against the run which I value highly.

CB's I really like:
Fred Bennett
Tanard Jackson
Tarell Brown- No way we take him because of character issues, but a good player.
Johnathan Wade
Travarous Bain- I really like him and he would be a great 4th round pick.
CJ Gaddis

These are all players who I think could fit our system and have a lot of potential.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 8,861
Reputation: 373070
Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
The CB situation in this draft seems to me that the value of the cornerbacks in rounds 2,3,4, etc. is better than those in the first round. I just don't really want to go CB round one when there is so much talent at the position in later rounds. If we were to go CB round one I would prefer Marcus McCauley to Chris Houston. Houston seems like a bust to me who is overrated because of his 40 time. He's also not very good against the run which I value highly.

CB's I really like:
Fred Bennett
Tanard Jackson
Tarell Brown- No way we take him because of character issues, but a good player.
Johnathan Wade
Travarous Bain- I really like him and he would be a great 4th round pick.
CJ Gaddis

These are all players who I think could fit our system and have a lot of potential.
I would be very happy with any of those guys as well.
__________________
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 8,861
Reputation: 373070
Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Rd.1 Michael Griffin S Texas- Athletic, hard hitter, with underrated coverage ability and top notch run support ability, can compete with Considine for the starting SS spot right away.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...aelgriffin.html
Rd.2 Ben Patrick TE Deleware- With LJ in his contract year we may need his successor and even if the FO wants to keep him around we may have ourselves a very good 2 TE set. A great all around TE who likes to block and is a solid reciever.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...benpatrick.html
Rd.3 C.J. Gaddis CB Clemson- A fast and physical CB with good size who could be the dimeback for a year and if he is good enough could be the nickelback with James leaving next offseason, has a load of potential and if he doesn't work out at CB he may also move to S and could be Dawkins' replacement at FS in a few years.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...b/cjgaddis.html
Rd.5 Baraka Atkins DE Miami (Fl)- With one Miami DE in McDougle likely getting cut we bring in another but for a completely different role, instead of a pass rusher Atkins is a DE who is better against the run than most DEs in the draft, can be a part of the rotation who sees most of his playing time on obvious rushing situations.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...rakaatkins.html
Rd.6 Sam Olajubutu LB Arkansas- Very productive LB who will most likely not compete for a starting job but is very smart and could be a solid backup and STer.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...molajubutu.html
Rd.7 Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston- RB/FB tweener but may be the short yardage back we're looking for. Workout warrior but if teams see him as a FB he could be had in the later rounds and quite possibly the 7th.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ckiebattle.html

Projected Depth Chart at start of regular season

OFFENSE
WR 80 Kevin Curtis 84 Hank Baskett 11 Jeremy Bloom
LT 72 William Thomas 74 Winston Justice
LG 79 Todd Herremans 62 Max Jean-Gilles
C 67 Jamaal Jackson 59 Nick Cole
RG 73 Shawn Andrews 71 Scott Young
RT 69 Jon Runyan 68 Pat McCoy
TE 82 L.J. Smith 85 Ben Patrick 89 Matt Schobel
WR 86 Reggie Brown 83 Greg Lewis 81 Jason Avant
QB 5 Donovan McNabb 14 A.J. Feeley 10 Kelly Holcomb
FB 38 Thomas Tapeh
RB 36 Brian Westbrook 28 Correll Buckhalter 39 Jackie Battle
Total-26

DEFENSE
LDE 93 Jevon Kearse 58 Trent Cole 99 Baraka Atkins
LDT 98 Mike Patterson 78 Brodrick Bunkley
RDT 94 Montae Reagor 77 LaJuan Ramsey
RDE 90 Darren Howard 75 Juqua Thomas
SLB 96 Omar Gaither 57 Chris Gocong
MLB 54 Jeremiah Trotter 96 Omar Gaither
WLB 51 Takeo Spikes 50 Matt McCoy 53 Sam Olajubutu
LCB 26 Lito Sheppard 21 William James 22 Joselio Hanson
RCB 24 Sheldon Brown 29 C.J Gaddis
SS 31 Michael Griffin 37 Sean Considine
FS 20 Brian Dawkins 27 Quintin Mikell
Total-24

SPECIALISTS
PK 2 David Akers
6 Saverio Rocca
KO 2 David Akers
H 10 Kelly Holcomb
PR 11 Jeremy Bloom
KOR 11 Jeremy Bloom
PC 46 Jon Dorenbos
KC 46 Jon Dorenbos
Total-3
__________________
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,555
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Rd.1 Michael Griffin S Texas- Athletic, hard hitter, with underrated coverage ability and top notch run support ability, can compete with Considine for the starting SS spot right away.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...aelgriffin.html
Rd.2 Ben Patrick TE Deleware- With LJ in his contract year we may need his successor and even if the FO wants to keep him around we may have ourselves a very good 2 TE set. A great all around TE who likes to block and is a solid reciever.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...benpatrick.html
Rd.3 C.J. Gaddis CB Clemson- A fast and physical CB with good size who could be the dimeback for a year and if he is good enough could be the nickelback with James leaving next offseason, has a load of potential and if he doesn't work out at CB he may also move to S and could be Dawkins' replacement at FS in a few years.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...b/cjgaddis.html
Rd.5 Baraka Atkins DE Miami (Fl)- With one Miami DE in McDougle likely getting cut we bring in another but for a completely different role, instead of a pass rusher Atkins is a DE who is better against the run than most DEs in the draft, can be a part of the rotation who sees most of his playing time on obvious rushing situations.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...rakaatkins.html
Rd.6 Sam Olajubutu LB Arkansas- Very productive LB who will most likely not compete for a starting job but is very smart and could be a solid backup and STer.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...molajubutu.html
Rd.7 Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston- RB/FB tweener but may be the short yardage back we're looking for. Workout warrior but if teams see him as a FB he could be had in the later rounds and quite possibly the 7th.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ckiebattle.html

Projected Depth Chart at start of regular season

OFFENSE
WR 80 Kevin Curtis 84 Hank Baskett 11 Jeremy Bloom
LT 72 William Thomas 74 Winston Justice
LG 79 Todd Herremans 62 Max Jean-Gilles
C 67 Jamaal Jackson 59 Nick Cole
RG 73 Shawn Andrews 71 Scott Young
RT 69 Jon Runyan 68 Pat McCoy
TE 82 L.J. Smith 85 Ben Patrick 89 Matt Schobel
WR 86 Reggie Brown 83 Greg Lewis 81 Jason Avant
QB 5 Donovan McNabb 14 A.J. Feeley 10 Kelly Holcomb
FB 38 Thomas Tapeh
RB 36 Brian Westbrook 28 Correll Buckhalter 39 Jackie Battle
Total-26

DEFENSE
LDE 93 Jevon Kearse 58 Trent Cole 99 Baraka Atkins
LDT 98 Mike Patterson 78 Brodrick Bunkley
RDT 94 Montae Reagor 77 LaJuan Ramsey
RDE 90 Darren Howard 75 Juqua Thomas
SLB 96 Omar Gaither 57 Chris Gocong
MLB 54 Jeremiah Trotter 96 Omar Gaither
WLB 51 Takeo Spikes 50 Matt McCoy 53 Sam Olajubutu
LCB 26 Lito Sheppard 21 William James 22 Joselio Hanson
RCB 24 Sheldon Brown 29 C.J Gaddis
SS 31 Michael Griffin 37 Sean Considine
FS 20 Brian Dawkins 27 Quintin Mikell
Total-24

SPECIALISTS
PK 2 David Akers
6 Saverio Rocca
KO 2 David Akers
H 10 Kelly Holcomb
PR 11 Jeremy Bloom
KOR 11 Jeremy Bloom
PC 46 Jon Dorenbos
KC 46 Jon Dorenbos
Total-3
If the draft turned out like this I would be very happy. However, I would prefer us to go MLB on day one if we go safety round one. There is a lot of good talent there, and while I do like Sam Olajubutu, I doubt he will ever be able to be a solid starter in the NFL. We need a replacement for Trotter now that Gaither is our WILL. As for replacing LJ, we could probably wait that situation out and if he really wants to leave we could replace him next year, by either picking up a FA or drafting one. We could probably take care of that situation later.

Nice with the Gaddis pick, I really like what he brings to the table.

I would be surprised if Atkins falls to our pick in the 5th round, I see him going in the 5th but chances are he will be gone by the time we pick. That being said, we would probably be better off improving our run defense by drafting a run stuffing DT because that's where I thought the problem was last season. Kearse is solid against the run and Cole is pretty good against it so I think that the place that needs help is DT.

I like the Battle pick.

As for the starting lineups, you really don't think Bunkley will start? I think that he will be given the slightest of edges in the battle to start because our FO needs to know what he's capable of. Hopefully he will prove able to start.

Gaither would not be that great at SLB. One thing that he has a problem with is shedding blocks, which Spikes is very capable of so I definitely see Gaither at WILL and Spikes at SAM.

Where's Rayburn? We will probably keep him on our active roster.

Other than that I agree with the depth chart. Nice job.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 440
Reputation: 10
Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

After watching some highlights reels, I've come to some conclusions regarding selections the Eagles might be interested in.

1. I like Griffin. He's a leader, more natural at SS, but will learn FS from a similar style player, B-Dawk.

2. Victor Abiamiri looks like a young Strahan.

3. Quentin Moses is getting a bum rap. He is double-teamed on most of the footage, and Charles Johnson is reaping the benefits.

4. Anthony Spencer is a decent pass rusher and a great run-stopper who can get bigger. Like Johnson, he may be a second-rounder.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,555
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
After watching some highlights reels, I've come to some conclusions regarding selections the Eagles might be interested in.

1. I like Griffin. He's a leader, more natural at SS, but will learn FS from a similar style player, B-Dawk.

2. Victor Abiamiri looks like a young Strahan.

3. Quentin Moses is getting a bum rap. He is double-teamed on most of the footage, and Charles Johnson is reaping the benefits.

4. Anthony Spencer is a decent pass rusher and a great run-stopper who can get bigger. Like Johnson, he may be a second-rounder.
Griffin is much more naturally a FS. He's only 195 pounds, but he is very capable of playing SS, which is where we would play him. Considine is better at FS, and just doesn't get it done in run support, so he would be better off at FS while Griffin plays SS.

I don't know if we really need a DE that badly at this point, we could address that next year, I think we need to address MIKE early this year because Trotter could very well be done after this season.

That is unless we take Waters in the third. If we did that I would like to see:

1. Michael Griffin
2. Spencer/Johnson/Abiamari(unlikely he'll be there though) or Tanard Jackson
3. Anthony Waters.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 440
Reputation: 10
Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Griffin is much more naturally a FS. He's only 195 pounds, but he is very capable of playing SS, which is where we would play him. Considine is better at FS, and just doesn't get it done in run support, so he would be better off at FS while Griffin plays SS.

I don't know if we really need a DE that badly at this point, we could address that next year, I think we need to address MIKE early this year because Trotter could very well be done after this season.

That is unless we take Waters in the third. If we did that I would like to see:

1. Michael Griffin
2. Spencer/Johnson/Abiamari(unlikely he'll be there though) or Tanard Jackson
3. Anthony Waters.
I think DE is a priority because we have Kearse (who we can't depend on), Howard (who disappeared last year), Cole, Thomas, McDougle (hahaha), and maybe Gocong (who may be a DE and/or a SLB).

Let's assume that McDougle is gone. That leaves half a Kearse, Howard, Cole, Thomas, and maybe Gocong. Kearse, and /or Howard are probably gone next year, if not during training camp, barring an amazing comeback, so we just might need a young DE to set loose on opposing QBs. A lot actually depends on what position Gocong will play, and even IF he can play in the NFL.

I'm actually trying to stick by the Eagles philosophy, which says draft linemen and QB's in the first round. I like Griffin in the first, but you've got to remeber the 2003 draft, where no one saw them taking Shawn Andrews in the first round when their O-line was stacked.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,555
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
I think DE is a priority because we have Kearse (who we can't depend on), Howard (who disappeared last year), Cole, Thomas, McDougle (hahaha), and maybe Gocong (who may be a DE and/or a SLB).

Let's assume that McDougle is gone. That leaves half a Kearse, Howard, Cole, Thomas, and maybe Gocong. Kearse, and /or Howard are probably gone next year, if not during training camp, barring an amazing comeback, so we just might need a young DE to set loose on opposing QBs. A lot actually depends on what position Gocong will play, and even IF he can play in the NFL.

I'm actually trying to stick by the Eagles philosophy, which says draft linemen and QB's in the first round. I like Griffin in the first, but you've got to remeber the 2003 draft, where no one saw them taking Shawn Andrews in the first round when their O-line was stacked.
Howard disappeared once Kearse was out, but while they were both starting they were dominating. Trent Cole is on the verge of becoming a good starter, so I don't know how much of an improvement we can get over him in the draft. McDougle is gone, I agree, but Gocong is going to be playing DE/LB this year so he should get some time.

O-Line is a possibility, but if we were to draft someone it would probably be an OT. I'm fine with Winston Justice at LT but we will need a good replacement for Runyan. I wouldn't mind us taking an offensive lineman if Levi Brown were to fall, and that's the only scenario where I think that would be a good option. Aaron Sears would be a slight reach there in my opinion.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 8,861
Reputation: 373070
Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
O-Line is a possibility, but if we were to draft someone it would probably be an OT. I'm fine with Winston Justice at LT but we will need a good replacement for Runyan. I wouldn't mind us taking an offensive lineman if Levi Brown were to fall, and that's the only scenario where I think that would be a good option. Aaron Sears would be a slight reach there in my opinion.
You don't like this lineup?

Winston Justice - Max Jean-Gilles - Jamaal Jackson - Shawn Andrews - Todd Herremans

I would like to see this before going OL in the 1st. MJG has a load of potential and I'd like to see how he does, I also think Herremans is a natural tackle.
__________________
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,555
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
You don't like this lineup?

Winston Justice - Max Jean-Gilles - Jamaal Jackson - Shawn Andrews - Todd Herremans

I would like to see this before going OL in the 1st. MJG has a load of potential and I'd like to see how he does, I also think Herremans is a natural tackle.
Good point, I do like that lineup and really hope that MJG pans out. I was just mainly going with Green Kool Aid's scenario if we were to address O-line I think we would go tackle. Only if Levi Brown were to fall would I be ok with that pick because it would be great value. That and it would allow us to have fantastic depth on our offensive line. We could start Brown at RT, keep Herremans at LG and let MJG compete with him for it. Or we could move Herremans to tackle, and let him back up Brown. I really like to have depth on the offensive line, so in that case I would be ok with it.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 440
Reputation: 10
Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Good point, I do like that lineup and really hope that MJG pans out. I was just mainly going with Green Kool Aid's scenario if we were to address O-line I think we would go tackle. Only if Levi Brown were to fall would I be ok with that pick because it would be great value. That and it would allow us to have fantastic depth on our offensive line. We could start Brown at RT, keep Herremans at LG and let MJG compete with him for it. Or we could move Herremans to tackle, and let him back up Brown. I really like to have depth on the offensive line, so in that case I would be ok with it.
I don't think they'll go O-Line this year because we have too many on the roster already. Herremans will be the future RT. It's D-line or DB, where we need the most help. I meant that the Eagles only use first rounders on both lines, QB, or CB.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 8,861
Reputation: 373070
Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
I don't think they'll go O-Line this year because we have too many on the roster already. Herremans will be the future RT. It's D-line or DB, where we need the most help. I meant that the Eagles only use first rounders on both lines, QB, or CB.

Why? Just because that is what happened since Reid got here? We also used one on Mitchell, a WR. Just because that is what happened doesn't mean those are the only positions they use a 1st rounder on.
__________________
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,555
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
I don't think they'll go O-Line this year because we have too many on the roster already. Herremans will be the future RT. It's D-line or DB, where we need the most help. I meant that the Eagles only use first rounders on both lines, QB, or CB.
Wait, wtf?? You were definitely just talking about going O-line in the draft. As for D-line there aren't really any players that would be good value where we pick unless someone falls.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 440
Reputation: 10
Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Wait, wtf?? You were definitely just talking about going O-line in the draft. As for D-line there aren't really any players that would be good value where we pick unless someone falls.
I was refering to the 2004 Shawn Andrews draft as an example of when the Eagles were stacked at O-line, but still took Andrews.

And the Eagles could think that an Anthony Spencer, Quentin Moses, or Charles Johnson is worth a low first rounder. They thought that Patterson, who was a consensus 2nd-3rd rounder, was worth a low first rounder.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,212
Reputation: 234557
bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Andy Reid believes in controlling the trenches on both sides of the ball. In past drafts, he has invested heavily in the OLine (2006 was a key example of this). There may be 1 OLine prospect out there (likely an OT), but it is not as critical a need as the DLine. The team only has 6 draft picks. I could definitely see a bunch of UDFA's on the OLine and DLine, but that really doesn't count in most cases.
__________________



I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 8,861
Reputation: 373070
Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not gonna go into depth on this one

R.1- Michael Griffin S Texas
R.2- David Harris MLB Michigan
R.3- Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
R.5- Jay Moore DE Nebraska
R.6- Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston
R.7- Jonny Harline TE B.Y.U

What do you guys think?
__________________

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 04-11-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 AM    (permalink
DowntownReggieBrown
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 465
Reputation: 27
DowntownReggieBrown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

What's everybody so down on Trent Cole for? Scott says he isn't a starter in the Team Draft Needs section and GKA laughs him off in this thread..... Did I miss something or wasn't this guy the most consistent pass rusher on the team?
I understand that due to his size he might only be a 2-down player, but that's the way a lot of DE's are anymore
__________________
Wish List at 19:

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
2. Chris Williams
3. Kenny Phillips
4. Devin Thomas
DowntownReggieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 440
Reputation: 10
Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Whoa, wait a sec. I didn't do anything of the sort. Trent Cole is a good DE, but because of his size, and the way most teams play now, I think we will need depth, and a future starter at the other DE position.

I only say this for two reasons. One, because it is the Eagles philosophy to take linemen in the first round. Two, because Kearse is injury prone and expensive. Hugh Douglas said on WIP that he saw Kearse recently, and he looked really light because of his injury, about 220-230 lbs. He may not be ready for the season, nor would I like to depend on him.

Darren Howard all but disappeared across form Cole, and he is also expensive. I think he sticks around for a year in order to get some value for his deal. He'll need a good year to continue being on the team.

McDougle is gone. Juqua Thomas is a nice rotation guy but he's 29 and at his peak right now. Gocong is an unknown quantity. All I meant was DE depth would be good, and it matches the Eagles philosophy.

Look out for Anthony Spencer. He didn't play top-notch quality opponents at Purdue, but those numbers don't lie. Others like Charles Johnson, but I think he was successful as Quentin Moses saw mostly double teams. I still like Michael Griffin in the first, but don't be surprised if he doesn't last past the Pats.

Matter of fact, this would be a great two first rounds:

1. Michael Griffin
2. Quentin Moses(A) or Victor Abiamiri(B).

And Brian Leonard somehow too (why not get greedy).

Last edited by Green Kool Aid : 04-13-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
PhillytoSB07
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

I'd like to share my own Eagles mock. Well, this is more of what I hope happens than what I think will happen.

*I guarantee we will find a way to get another mid-round pick

Round One - Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh, CB/S

I'd love to get Revis. We'd probably have to trade up to get him now as he's, according to Scott Wright, the best CB in the draft right now. He's got the size and physicalness to be a safety and the speed and athleticism to be a cornerback. Having the option of putting him at either CB or S would be a big plus because both William James and Sean Considine have many question marks.

Round Two - Buster Davis, Florida State, LB

I was very surprised to see Scott Wright not put Davis in the first three rounds of his most recent mock. He has plenty of strengths and it seems that his only weakness is his height. His strengths according to Scott Wright: very instinctive and is always around the action...big hitter and solid tackler... good pass rusher blitzer... versatile and can play either ILB or OLB... strong with a sturdy frame... moves well with sideline-to-sideline range... has a lot of experience... has a high football IQ and is like an extra coach on the field... was very productive... an excellent leader with great intangibles... has a lot of special teams talent. Seems that he would fit the Eagles perfectly.

Round Three - Michael Bush, RB, Louisville

*Round Four - Travarous Bain, CB, Hampton

Round Five - Allen Barbe, OT, Missouri Southern St.

Round Six - Yamon Figurs, WR, Kansas St.

Round Seven - Jay Alford, DT, Penn State

Players that could possibly be traded on draft day:

William Thomas, OT
Greg Lewis, WR
Ryan Moats, RB
Jerome McDougle, DE
Dhani Jones, LB
Matt McCoy, LB
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Rob331
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Reputation: 10
Rob331 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I hope they make a couple of trades including our #1 for a #2 and a #3.
Other possible moves - Tra Thomas for a #4
Greg Lewis for a #5

2 Jason Hill - WR
2a Tim Crowder - DE
3 Sabby Piscatelli - S
3a Fred Bennett - CB
4 Zak DeOssie - LB
5 Chris Henry - RB
5a Alan Whitworth - TE
6 Jeff Rowe - QB
7 Jeremy Clark - DT
__________________
Rob331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,084
Reputation: 1407841
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well I am back. With the recent news out there this is how I would like the draft to work out.
1. Michael Griffin, S. We all know that Safety is our biggest need now that we have aquired Takeo Spikes. Griffin is capable of playing either Safety spot, and would fit our Defense well at either. By week 5 or 6, he may be our starting SS to take over for Considine. He will team up with Dawkins and we will once again have a formittable secondary.
2. Brian Leonard, FB/RB. It seems as though some people are beginning to favor Leonard now that we have filled some of our other needs. But he will be a dynamic force in our offense that will help make it one of the best in the league.
3. Anthony Waters, MLB. It seems that Gaither will stay at WILL, but if he does move to MIKE, Waters is capable of playing WILL as well. Before his injury he was expected to be in the running for the first LB taken in this year's draft. If he is fully recovered from his injury, which it seems as though he is, we would be getting a major steal here. He is equally good against the run and pass, which would help our defense a lot in the future. Waters will most likely sit for a year or two until Trotter retires. But when he takes over, I would love to have our LBs have him in the middle.
5. Mike Walker, WR. I know I have been adament about not wanting a WR, but I don't see very many real needs. He is a potential sleeper who could make an impact for our team. If he is anywhere close to a steal, the Eagles may have one of the best overall receiving corps in the league in a few years. Brown, Curtis, Baskett, Avant, and Walker is a very good and very deep set of WRs.
6. Courtney Brown, CB. Another sleeper pick who could go anywhere from the sixth round to undrafted. There has been a lot of news about him in the past month and I like what he brings to the table. If he is a possible pick, our FO will be asking Gocong about him, since they played two years together at Cal Poly. There are other options that we could go with at CB here, but I like Brown right now.
7. Gabe Hall, OT. A big, quick OT that would help make our O-line even more deep and talented. It seems pretty obvious that our FO drafts at least one linemen every year, and with the new acquisition at DT, O-line seems more likely to me.

I don't have us taking any DEs or TEs because next year's draft class is very deep in both of these positions. It seems as though LJ will be back, because we have enough cap space that we could sign him, but that remains to be seen. This year's draft class is very deep at DE, so it is still a possibility. It is very possible that we draft one or both of these positions in this upcoming draft.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.