Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rd. 1 Michael Griffin S Texas - Great athlete who could compete for starting SS right away.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...aelgriffin.html
Rd. 2 Tim Crowder DE Texas - Great overall DE who might be a future starter, also gets re-united with former teammate Michael Griffin.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...timcrowder.html
Rd. 3 CJ Gaddis CB Clemson - I know this may be a bit of a reach but this guy has a lot of potential and could be a really good nickelback in a year when James leaves through FA.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...b/cjgaddis.html
Rd. 5 Desmond Bishop MLB Cal - Could be a really good backup/ Special teamer and may even be able to see some starting time in the future.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...mondbishop.html
Rd. 6 Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston - Big and fast and could break a lot of tackles, could get some PT in short yardage situations.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ckiebattle.html
Rd. 7 Donte Rosario TE Oregon - Could make the roster as a 3rd TE, could at least help on special teams.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...nterosario.html
Old 04-21-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my new mock(s).
A.
1. Michael Griffin, S. We all now that safety is our biggest need now, and it is between him and Meriweather. Some people think Nelson would make it to our pick, but I don't think he would work well in our defense. He doesn't fit our style of play, and we already have two FSs. Considine is the future at FS, and we don't want Nelson as a SS, and I'm sure most of us don't want Considine as our SS much longer than he needs to. As much as most of us would like it, Meriweather will not be picked by the Eagles in the first round. His character issues will drive him away from Philly. Griffin will be able to come in and compete for the SS position right away and may start by the mid-way point of the year. I do like the safety positions of the future with Considine at FS and Griffin at SS.
2. Brian Leonard, FB,RB. I know most of you are going to butcher me over this pick, but I believe he would be the perfect compliment to Westbrook. He is a great team first kind of guy who would fill any gaps in the Eagles' backfield. With the Eagles shopping Moats, this pick seems even more likely. The Eagles also have brought Leonard in for a visit, so that may be indicating something, or it may be a smokescreen. A lot of people have the Pats taking him in the first, but I don't see it happening. They will not use a first round pick on a RB two years in a row, and they already have a decent backup.
3. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE,DT. This is a guy that is very raw and has plenty of potential. Scott has drawn comparisons to Luis Castillo. As of right now, he is one of the better run-stoppers ot the DE position. He is the most balanced DE behind Adam Carriker in my opinion. He has a great bull rush and will be able to stop the run very well. With more learning of technique and coaching, he could be a steal. He is not well known for his pass-rushing skills, but recorded 9 sacks and 17.5 tackles for loss total in his junior and senior years.
4. Rory Johnson, LB. Another potential steal who was shadowed by Patrick Willis. Would be a solid mid round pickup who could provide at least some depth to our LB corp. Has good coverage skills, but is a bit undersized, though he has room to add bulk. Has good speed and quickness that is always a benefit. There are some character concerns and some doubt of his intelligence, so that is a concern.
6. Anthony Arline, CB. He may go a little earlier than this, but at this point it is hard to predict. He has the size and speed that we would want in a Nickel CB. He changes direction well, but is not stellar against the run. A possible steal again if our coaching staff can work with him well.
7. Louis Leonard, DT. I know that it is unlikely we draft a DT now, but we still may go after one if we trade away Sam Rayburn, which is not out of the question. An absolute mountain at DT who is great against the point of attack and can take on double teams. Not a good pass rusher, but we don't really need another one. We need a DT who is able to plug up the middle, and that is something he would bring to this team. Would fit well in the rotation, and even if he wouldn't pan out, it was only a seventh rounder anyway.

B.
1. Michael Griffin, S. Same explanation as above.
2. Tim Crowder, DE. Another balanced DE, which is what we need. He is stout against the run and good at the poiint of attack. He dropped in his draft status after the Senior Bowl Week, but he is still one of the most consistent DEs that would be available in this range. He played against great competition at Texas and still has room to improve, along with adding some bulk. Even though he is not considered a good pass-rusher, he had 10.5 sacks and 18 TFLs in his senior season alone.
3. Ben Patrick, TE. This is one of my favorite guys in the draft, and I have insider info on him. He is the msot balanced TE in this draft and is an excellent receiver. He blocks well and gives his best effort on every play. Incredibly intelligent with top notch intangibles. His coach would comment on his work ethic and his lave for the game. His playing speed is better than his timed speed, and posesses very good hands. He will gain a lot of yards after the catch. He will be drafted to replace LJ if our FO thinks they will be unable to re-sign him next year. Some say he may be gone by this point in the third round, but we could trade up for him, or he may fall.
5. Michael Coe, CB. Another guy who can come in and play Nickel for us. Has good height at 6'1", and good speed. Can change direction well, but could use improvement in his tackling and run support.
6. Nate Ilaoa, RB. This guy should be at the top of your RB want board if you want to get one late. He is a big guy at 245 lbs, just the pounder we would need. He is a great receiver out of the backfield as well, so that is another thing that would help him in our West Coast offense. He is a little short at 5'9", but AR seems to like the shorter backs. He had more total TD than Marshawn Lynch this year. Ilaoa had 13 rushing TDs and 5 receiving TDs, while Lynch had only 11 rushing TDs and 4 receiving TDs. Ilaoa didn't have as many rushing yards, but blew Lynch away in terms of receiving yards. Some may question his level of competition, but it seems as though that is getting less important every year. If a guy can play, he can play, and it is as simple as that. There are durability concerns and he is older than most of the other prospects, but he is our short yardage back, and that should not be much of a problem.
7. Gabe Hall, OT. A possible sleeper pick who has good size, and speed for the postition. Another one of the guys to add depth to our O-line for when Runyan and Thomas retire. I think he was the fastest linemen at the combine, but I may be wrong. He ran a 4.91, which I see as very good, especially for a 6'4", 315 lb guy.

C.

1. Paul Posluszny, LB. This is if Griffin is gone and there is really no other vialble option if we are unable to trade down. That being said, Poz would be a great addition to our LB corps. He has the versatiality to play either WILL of MIKE, he would just need to add a couple of pounds to play either, more if we want him to play MIKE. Most of you may question this but I see him as a DeMeco Ryans type player. They were bother very productive in college, but didn't posess the measurables that everyone was looking for. Poz may not step in and play right away, but that will just make him hungrier for when he does play. We all know a lot about him, so I will not go any further into this pick.
2. Eric Weddle, S. Once again, another pick a lot may not be satisfied with, but he fills a major need and is a good all around football player. He is a balanced Safety who is equally good against the run and the pass. He had 7 INTs his senior year. Doesn't have the measurables, but makes up for it and then some by his play.
3. Michael Bush, RB. His stock is plumetting and may end up going later due to his injury. He would be considered a steal if we got him this late and would contribute well in our two-back system. He also has exceptional hands and is a good receiver. He would fit very well in our system. He is big at 6'1", and 245 lbs, but posesses enough quickness to get us those tough yards. He may not be able to outrun many people, but he would be able to run over some.
5. Baraka Atkins, DE. Another DE who is solid against the run but not considered a great pass rusher. He would contribute well to our DE rotation and would be our Run-stuffing DE. He can still add a few more pounds and has been able to play well at the point of attack, which is something our defense has needed out of its line.
6. Courtney Brown, CB(Check out his initials, I just noticed that). This is one of the many sleeper picks that the Eagles guys have been talking about. He has the size, speed, and athleticism to be a major steal in this draft. He could, in time, develop into a great Nickel for our defense. Has great intelligence and intangibles, but there are questions about his level of competition at Cal Poly.
7. Kasey Studdard, OG. He would at the very least be a potential backup for the Eagles. His father played in the NFL. He has sufficient size at 6'2" and 300 lbs, but what many like about him is his nasty demeanor. He is a classic mauler who AR would love to watch. He has good work ethic and great intangibles. A litlle bit of a problem in space, but there is room for him to improve upon.

These are a few options that i see as possibilities. I expect the Eagles would be in a few draft day trades, but I decided to keep it simple for now and not include any trades. I will do one with trades in a short time, and then we will have to see what you guys think. My favorite one is B, but I would like some opinions on what the rest of you think about it.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A. Picks I like: Griffin, Alama-Francis, and Louis Leonard.

I don't see Brian Leonard lasting to us in the second round.

Griffin fills our biggest need, Alama-Francis gives us a different style of DE. Johnson addresses a need although I would rather us take a LB earlier. I do not like the idea of us taking Arline. I would like Tarell Brown there but we probably wouldn't take him because of character concerns. Louis Leonard who I have posted my thoughts on IMO is one of the best options we have in the seventh round. He is the perfect situational run stuffer.

B. Picks I like: Griffin, Crowder, Coe, Ilaoa

I'm not a big Ben Patrick fan, but if we were to take him I would be ok with it.

Crowder would be a great second round pick, he could really become a great player in this league. I also really like Coe, he would be able to push James for the nickel position in TC. Ilaoa fills a need and we could use a back like him. Gabe Hall, meh whatever it's a seventh round pick it doesn't really matter.

C. Picks I like: Brown, Studdard.

The first two picks I'm ok with but wouldn't be all that excited about. Michael Bush is big but he isn't a power back which is what we really need to address. Atkins is alright but he doesn't offer anything in terms of pass-rush. Brown I like as a sleeper pick, same with Studdard. I've seen a lot of Studdard because I watch a lot of UT games, and he would be a good addition. He is very strong and is just a great passionate player. I would really like to get him.

If I were to choose one of them to be the Eagles draft I would pick B.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else want to put in their opinion?

Old 04-23-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been able to pay as much attention to the draft this year as I have to the last few, but the guy I like in the 1st is Griffin. Not anything earth-shattering, as it seems a lot of people think he's a good fit for the Eagles, but he's the guy I've wanted since the start of the off-season. Leonard in the 2nd would be great and I think he could give the offense another dimension, but I've heard he probably won't be around 'till our pick. Moses and Woodley are two DE's I like, but they're more 3-4 guys. With that said, here's my attempt at a very unresearched mock:

1. Michael Griffin S
2. Ikaika Alama-Francis DE
3. Brandon Siler LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That looks fine by me, but I doubt Siler lasts that long. But there are other options at LB we could go with there.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Here is another quick one...
1. Paul Posluszny, LB. This is if all of the safeties and DEs that we would target are gone.
2. Eric Weddle, S. Could play either S spot, would battle for SS role by week 6-8.
3. Fred Bennett, CB. Just the big Nickel CB we would need
5. Baraka Atkins, DE. We need DE, and Atkins would be a good choice in the fifth round.
6. Nate Ilaoa, RB. Great fit in our offense. A hard runner and a good receiver.
7. Mike Jones, OG. Our FO can't go a draft without an O linemen, and he will provide quality depth.
This is a much more sloppy draft with less work put into it, but what would you say. There are a lot of names you have heard before, but how about it? What would you think? Personally, I think there are much better options, but the draft cold end up something like this for us.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have little problem with that particular mock draft. Not a fan of Poz, but I'd deal with it if he were able to produce.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This isn't my ideal scenario, but it couls pan out something like this. I just thought I would do one that doesn't have Griffin for a change. Or do one that isn't as popular, because there is always the chance that the draft could turn out like this.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

We should keep using this thread
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

1st-Kenny Phillips S Miami- would probobly end up as the starter by the end of the season
2nd- Malom Kelly WR Oklahoma- could eventually start, solid reciever, slipped because of slow 40 times.
3rd- Tavares Gooden OLB Miami- Would add depth and get alot of playing time at the WLB spot
4th- Terell Thomas USC CB- would take over the nickel back spot if Brown gets moved to safety
4th Comp.- Jonathan Goff Venderbilt LB- solid player, what you see is what you get with him would get alot of playing time due to lack of depth
5th- Orlando Scandrick Boise St. CB- can compete with Thomas for the nickel spot and produce on special teams
5th- Geoff Schwartz Oregon OT/OG- Todd Herramens 2.0 extremely underrated, blocked for Stewart and Dixon in a good Pac-10 confrence
6th Comp.- Jacob Hester FB LSU- FB spot is wide open and he could win the starting spot he also is a good fit for us.
6th Comp.- Corey Clark OT Texas A&M-good depth could be a steal
7th- Barry Booker Virginia Tech DT/DE- Good pass rusher from the DT spot

or

Trade Lito and 1 sixth and next years fourth for early second.
Trade fifth, sixth, seventh for late fourth

1st- Devin Thomas WR Michigan St.- Is big and he is fast, he could probobly overtake the starting spot by the end of the season if he worked hard enough. 6-2, 216lbs, and 4.4 fourty yard dash.
2nd- Sam Baker OT USC- a first round talent who has fallen for some reason, before the mock drafts had us taking him in the first, Eagles get a steal by getting him in the second. The future LT.
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- Would have the nickel spot or maybe even the #2 spot of Brown is moved to safety.
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Physical safety who would be the heir apparent to Dawkins.
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt- Would proboly see at least some playing time because of depth issues at LB.
4th- DeMarrio Pressley DT North Carolina St.- could take over the #3 spot in our DT rotation if he worked hard, because, Von Olehoffen and Reagor aren't anything to write home about, and Ramsey hasn't wowed anyone yet.
4th comp.- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas- everyone wants James Hardy but this guy is 6 foot 4, 215 pounds and runs a 4.42 40 yard dash. He is a Red Zone threat.
6th comp.- Jerome Fulton FB/RB Furman- Would help provide the Eagles with a monster RB rotation, he is a FB/RB twenner who is really good on the goal line and has great intangables
6th comp.- Corey Clark OT/OG Texas A&M- really just good for depth.

Or

Trade Lito for Jax 2 3rd Rounders
Trade 4th, 5th, 2 6ths, 7th for late 3rd rounder

1st- Aqib Talib CB Kansas- I really like this guy, a bit of a reach but he would be a good nickle back and could play safety if necessary
2nd- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma- He fell because of slow 40 times but what Eagles fans don't realize is that he has nearly the exact measurables and production of Brian Dawkins coming out of college.
3rd- Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina- big reciever who wouldn't be limited to a possesion reciever role, hard worker with good intangibles and he has a huge wingspan and 11 inch hands.
3rd- Kendall Langford DT/DE Hampton- another hard worker who is strong powerful a good run defender, good bull rusher, and a team leader all of this according to Mr. Wright
3rd- Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech- Would mostly be a kick returner poor mans Santana Moss
3rd- Roy Schuening OG Oregon St.- could start if Jean-Giles doesn't work out and Herramens or Andrews are kicked out to tackle hard worker and a team leader
4th comp.- Geoff Schwartz OT/OG Oregon- Todd Herramens 2.0 extremely underrated, blocked for Stewart and Dixon in a good Pac-10 confrence
6th comp.- Jonathan Wilhite CB Auburn- Tough and Physical, but he is only 5-9 1/2, he seems just like Brandon Flowers he is underrated
6th comp.- Anthony Aldrige RB Houston- Would be mostly special teams guy but is a really really poor mans Reggie Bush plus he has worked with Kolb before.

or

No Trades

1st Round- Kenny Phillips S Miami- Would be Dawkin's replacement and could start by the end of the season. Could be great.
2nd Round- Sam Baker OT USC- Would be the future LT.
3rd Round- Tyvon Branch CB/S Connecticut- really good kick returner who could play FS.
4th Round- Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbildt- team leader with alot of experience would get playing time to to the lack of depth.
4th Round- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas- 6-4 with 4.4 speed. He is an endzone threat. would give Mcnabb a big target.
5th Round- Brad Cottam TE Tennesee- He is 6-7 1/2 with 4.6 speed. Another endzone threat who, would provide depth at TE where LJ Smith is injury prone and Schoebel isn't anything spectacular and could be shown the door.
6th Round- Lance Legget WR Miami- 6-4 with 4.4 speed. He is a good athlete who is another endzone threat. Inconsistent but that could be due to QB play. 1st round pick on paper.
6th Round- Quintin Demps S U.T.E.P.- Coverage Safety who makes alot of big plays. He also returns kicks and is a team leader.
6th Round- Jonathan Wilhite CB Auburn- Tough CB built for the nickel spot. He is experienced against top competition.
6th Round- Xavier Omon HB NW Missouri St.- Small school guy. He is a big back who runs wit power and can play FB. Ran for 37 TDs as a senior.
7th Round- Kyle Wright QB Miami- Guy with all the physical tools you look for but is inconsistent. Was the nations top recruit coming out of High School. QB isn't really a need, but it is the 7th round, this guys got potential and Feeley isn't very young.
[b]
or

Trade Lito for an early second

1st- DeSean Jackson WR Cal- The playmaker that McNabb has been asking for. He can also get our special teams game going. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it.
2nd- Chris Johnson RB East Carolina- Another playmaker for McNabb to use. Westbrook can't play forever and he is around 30, and Johnson is the perfect replacement. Also he can provide the lightning to Tony Hunts thunder for years. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it.
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- A playmaker in the secondary which is really what the Eagles lacked last year. 6 ints last year. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it. He can return kicks.
3rd- Dre Moore DT Maryland- Could work his way into the DT rotation if he worked hard. Physically gifted player.
4th- Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame- Team leader who is fiery and intense, and he is tough as nails. Loves to hit and was a nationally ranked boxer. He is a big time playmaker.
4th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Was used at fullback, H-back, tailback, tight end, wide receiver and punt returner in college. He is versatile and he blocked for D-Mac and Felix Jones in college.
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT Oregon- He really is Todd Herramens 2.0. He blocked for Jonathan Stewart and Dennis Dixon.
6th- Gary Guyton LB Georgia Tech- An excellent special teamer. He is quick and ran a 4.47 40 as a linebacker. He would help at the WLB position
6th- Lance Leggett WR Miami- Another playmaker for McNabb, he is 6-4 and ran a 40 in the 4.4's. He is really athletic and can leap out of the building.
6th- Spencer Larsen ILB Arizona- team leader who has excellent intangibles. He is a hard worker who can play on special teams.
6th- Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.- Really Raw but has a ton of potential. 2 year starter in the ACC.
7th- Steven Hauschka K North Carolina St.- Akers is declining so this is his replacement.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

As I said in the otherthread, which I didn't see at first, the only one I owuldn't likeis the Talib one, but looking over it, actually, the Desean Jackson one I wouldn't be a fan of either. Its not just because of the first orund picks, but because of the draft as a whole. Next time I do a mock, I will do it here instead of where it was being done before.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man we were all really off last year. Griff being the pick. Only right person was Nate
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Trade 1st for 49ers 1st and 3rd
Trade Lito to Rams for 33rd pick
Trade 2 6th for 5th

1st- Felix Jones HB Arkansas- Would eventually replace Brian Westbrook at HB and would return kicks as a rookie. Would provide the lightning to Tony Hunt's Thunder
2nd- Sam Baker OT USC- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- He would start at the nickel spot and be a playmaker. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.
3rd- Donnie Avery WR Houston- He probobly would start at the slot posistion, and he would provide a playmaker on offense who could return kicks and punt. He would also help Kolb feel more comfertable.
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Tough physical safety who would be the heir apparent to Dawkins.
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt- Tough defensive leader, who would help fill the run stopping void that Trotter left.
4th- Frank Okam DT Texas- Tough Run defender who would help the Eagles stop all the power running attacks of the division rivals.
5th- Orlando Scandrick CB Boise St- an underrated guy, who would probobly take over the number 4 spot and return kicks and punts.
5th- Owen Scmitt FB West Virginia- would start at FB. He is also a good special teamer
6th- Quintin Demps S U.T.E.P.- Playmaker in the secondary who would come in and play as the third string FS. He got alot of interceptions, and he can return kicks.
6th- Corey Clark Texas A&M OT/OG- would provide depth, and could one day be a starter.
7th- Lex Hilliard Montana FB/HB- would be brought in as competition for the FB spot and for the power back and would try to push Tony Hunt.

UDFA-
Robert Jordan WR Cal
Clyde Edwards WR Grambling St.
Franklin Dunbar OT Middle Tennesee St.
Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.
Mike Fladell OG Rutgers
Larry Grant LB Ohio St.
David Vobora LB Idaho
Chris Graham LB Michigan
Brian Witherspoon CB Stillman
Art Carmody K Louisville
Brandon Coutu K Georgia

^^
Would provide competition and thats about all unless they play out of their minds on special teams.

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 04-14-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah did anyone notice westbrooke has reached that age of 30. A teribble number for rbs.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah did anyone notice westbrooke has reached that age of 30. A teribble number for rbs.
I did! I did!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Trade 1st for 49ers 1st and 3rd
Trade Lito to Rams for 33rd pick
Trade 2 6th for 5th

1st- Felix Jones HB Arkansas- Would eventually replace Brian Westbrook at HB and would return kicks as a rookie. Would provide the lightning to Tony Hunt's Thunder
2nd- Sam Baker OT USC- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- He would start at the nickel spot and be a playmaker. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.
3rd- Donnie Avery WR Houston- He probobly would start at the slot posistion, and he would provide a playmaker on offense who could return kicks and punt. He would also help Kolb feel more comfertable.
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Tough physical safety who would be the heir apparent to Dawkins.
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt- Tough defensive leader, who would help fill the run stopping void that Trotter left.
4th- Frank Okam DT Texas- Tough Run defender who would help the Eagles stop all the power running attacks of the division rivals.
5th- Orlando Scandrick CB Boise St- an underrated guy, who would probobly take over the number 4 spot and return kicks and punts.
5th- Owen Scmitt FB West Virginia- would start at FB. He is also a good special teamer
6th- Quintin Demps S U.T.E.P.- Playmaker in the secondary who would come in and play as the third string FS. He got alot of interceptions, and he can return kicks.
6th- Corey Clark Texas A&M OT/OG- would provide depth, and could one day be a starter.
7th- Lex Hilliard Montana FB/HB- would be brought in as competition for the FB spot and for the power back and would try to push Tony Hunt.

UDFA-
Robert Jordan WR Cal
Clyde Edwards WR Grambling St.
Franklin Dunbar OT Middle Tennesee St.
Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.
Mike Fladell OG Rutgers
Larry Grant LB Ohio St.
David Vobora LB Idaho
Chris Graham LB Michigan
Brian Witherspoon CB Stillman
Art Carmody K Louisville
Brandon Coutu K Georgia

^^
Would provide competition and thats about all unless they play out of their minds on special teams.
Not really big fan of that, mainly because I am not a fna of Felix Jones. If we would stay put and hope for Mendenhall or even go back and get Stewart, I would like this a little more. Actually, the rest is really good, I would just hate the first pick. I know Westy is getting old, but he doesn't have 30 yr old legs. He was part of a rotation and barely played in his first few years, ( At least didn't have as many carries as a starter)so the true time to look for his replacement may be a little later.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Gonna do a short one.
1. Chris Williams, LT. One of our three first round needs, Safety and WR are considered as well. Will be a great Blindside blocker for the future.
Trade Lito for an early second rounder (35-40) and trade that pick, a fourth and our fifth for a pick in the first three slots in the second round.
2a. Kenny Phillips, SS/FS. May not be available here yet, but if he falls, the Eagles woudl be more than happy to pick him up to be an Anchor at the S position, wherever he ends up.
2b. Malcolm Kelly, WR. Slow forty drops him here. He could still go in the first, if teams don't weigh it heavily, or he could go in the third, so this would be a great place for the Eagles to pick him up.
3. Antuan Molden, CB. Stock is flying recently. Once considered a late rounder, now could go as early as round three. Will battle for the Nickle spot.
4.(Comp) Ezra Butler, OLB. Will provide great depth for our LB corp, and would be a more than capable fill-in starter if injuries become a problem.
Eagles trade their two sixth round choices and seventh to move into the fifth.
5. Letroy Guion, DT. We need to add competition to our DT depth, and Guion would do jus that.
6. (Comp) Zach Bowman, CB. Would actually come in and may win the Nickel CB role. Has decent size, speed, and ball skills to be a great Nickel, and at worst, would make a great fourth option at CB. I actually really like this guy, and he may go earlier than expected.
6. (Comp) Chris McDuffie, OG. Prototypical Late round guy Andy brings in for depth competiton. May make the team, may not.
There are a few trades ion here, but I expect the Eagles to end up with about this many picks, they may stockpile for the future.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

yo when you do trades do you take the point value into account or do you just do them.

Becuase 2 6th and a 7th will not get you into the 5th round, unless all three are high picks and even then it would be the bottom of the 5th round.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty funny how I had the eagles taking Michael Griffin in every single mock draft last year.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Trade Lito for an Early Second Rounder
Trade 2 6ths, for a 5th

1st- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh- He is a big OT who can run block. He is really physical. He played LT in college, and he is a projected LT in the pros. Heir apparent at LT.
2nd- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma- Smith is a physical safety, who can make the big hit and he helps in run support. He looks to be Brian Dawkins successor, but could start as a rookie.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Lee is a big physical CB, who will help in Run support. He would take the nickel spot immediately if Lito was traded.
3rd- Ray Rice HB Rutgers- Rice is a tough running back who could give Westbrook some rest.
4th- Shawn Crable LB Michigan- Crable is a big strong linebacker, who can play Jim Johnson's joker LB role.
4th- Chevis Jackson CB LSU- Yet another big CB who will help in run support.
5th- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas- Monk is a big red zone threat, who is a physical WR. Would start as the slot guy right away for the Eagles.
5th- Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia- Would start at FB right away. He is a great lead blocker and is a really hard runner.
6th- Henry Smith DT Texas A&M- A really good run stopper from the DT spot and would probably come in on goal line situations. Really big and strong.
6th- Brandon Keith OT Northern Iowa- He is a mauler at the OT spot. Really strong, he is quick and has a ton of potential. He is really underrated.
7th- Bryan Mattison DE Iowa- Good Run stopper from the DE spot and the Eagles lack that. Would come in on goal line situations to help stop the run.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Trade Lito Sheppard and 4th rounder for Atlanta pick #34
Trade ATL 2nd for 2 Jax 3rd rounders
Trade 2 6ths for a 5th

1st- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon- Westbrooks eventual replacement and the #2 right away
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Would help cover the bigger WRs in the division like TO or Plaxico.
3rd- Early Doucet WR LSU- Slot guy who could return kicks.
3rd- Red Bryant DT Texas A&M- Big run stopper to stop Jacobs, Potis, and Barber
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Dawk's replacemnt
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt-Another big run stopper to stop Jacobs, Potis, and Barber
5th- Eric Young OT/OG Tennesee- depth w/ potential to start
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT/OG Oregon- depth w/ potential to start
6th- Darnell Terrell CB/S Missouri- physically gifted guy, who has alot of potential.
6th- Larry Grant LB Ohio St.- Would help out the LB rotation, with all the good runners in our division and, play special teams really well.
7th- Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan St.- competition for FB spot and power RB spot
Old 04-16-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Trade Lito For Early second
trade 1st for 49ers 1st and 3rd
trade 2 6ths and 5th for 4th rounder

1st- Chris Johnson RB East Carolina-Another playmaker for McNabb to use. Westbrook can't play forever and he is around 30, and Johnson is the perfect replacement. Also he can provide the lightning to Tony Hunts thunder for years. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it.
2nd- Dustin Keller TE Purdue- The Eagles need a playmaker, so they bring in Keller who is versatile, can play WR, FB, HB, and TE. I think the Eagles would be wise to grab him and use him in a Dallas Clark type role. Smith's replacement.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Lee is a big physical CB, who will help in Run support. He would take the nickel spot immediately if Lito was traded. Would help cover the bigger WRs in the division like TO or Plaxico.
3rd- Anthony Collins OT Kansas- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Dawk's replacement
4th- DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina St.- Could work his way into the DT rotation if he worked hard. Physically gifted player.
4th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Was used at fullback, H-back, tailback, tight end, wide receiver and punt returner in college. He is versatile and he blocked for D-Mac and Felix Jones in college.
6th- Larry Grant LB Ohio St.- Would help out the LB rotation, with all the good runners in our division and, play special teams really well.
6th- Ben Moffitt LB South Florida- Would help out the LB rotation, with all the good runners in our division and, play special teams really well.
7th- Lex Hilliard FB/RB- would be brought in as competition for the FB spot and for the power back and would try to push Tony Hunt.

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 04-16-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:53 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Trade Lito Sheppard and 4th rounder for Atlanta pick #34
Trade ATL 2nd for 2 Jax 3rd rounders
Trade 2 6ths for a 5th

1st- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon- Westbrooks eventual replacement and the #2 right away
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Would help cover the bigger WRs in the division like TO or Plaxico.
3rd- Early Doucet WR LSU- Slot guy who could return kicks.
3rd- Red Bryant DT Texas A&M- Big run stopper to stop Jacobs, Potis, and Barber
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Dawk's replacemnt
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt-Another big run stopper to stop Jacobs, Potis, and Barber
5th- Eric Young OT/OG Tennesee- depth w/ potential to start
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT/OG Oregon- depth w/ potential to start
6th- Darnell Terrell CB/S Missouri- physically gifted guy, who has alot of potential.
7th- Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan St.- competition for FB spot and power RB spot
Well, I've made clear my desire to draft a WR or Safety with our first rounder. However, there are a few prospects projected to go in the 10-15 range, who, if they fell to us, I'd be happy to have us take them. Number one on that list is Jonathon Stewart. I honestly belive, after watching his entire career from high school onwards, that he's the best running back in the draft.

I don't think Lito will be traded, especially for so little, as Joe Banner has come out and said that he has not given Sheppard permission to seek a trade. Unless a really absurd offer comes down the pipes. Certainly not for a second rounder.

And I doubt Doucet will be available in the third. I'd much rather spend the second rounder on James Hardy or Malcolm Kelly. Seeing as Sheppard can lock down recievers like TO, I'm more concerned with a speed corner who can handle fly runners. I'd prefer to take Jack Ike-I can't spell his name when I'm this drunk-u in the 5th. With Brown, Sheppard, and Samuel, We'd have some time to let him heal, and if he's decently healthy, he could push Toastolio off the field entirely.

I like the Geoff Schwartz pick, although not for the reasons most would think. I think that Schwartz has the size, strength, and internal rage to be an effective, albiet somewhat limited blocker in the NFL. That has Guard written all over it. Put him with Max, and it would allow for Andrews and Herrimans to go back to their natuaral position of tackle once Thomas and Runyan retire.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote