Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cato June?

I see alot of articles that say if we dont resign AD (which we wont) That we would go after Cato June. How would this be possible, if we cant afford AD how would we afford June? Anyone know what hes asking for? I think its highly unlikely but I just wanted to see what everyone thought of the idea.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he is a pretty good linebacker but he's probably going to cost more then we are able to afford. I think I heard that he was looking for about 5-6 million per year over 5 years, I'm not sure where I heard that or if its at all reliable so take it with a grain of salt.
He's a cover linebacker in the tampa 2 scheme though and I would prefer someone who has shown the ability to get to the quarterback once and awhile.
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised if June got those figures. Will Witherspoon landed 6 years/33 mil/9 mil sb from the St. Louis Rams last year, but Witherspoon is the better linebacker and offered versatility between WLB and MLB - the Rams ultimately played him at the latter.

June might actually work with the Ravens, having those two behemoths in Gregg and Ngata up front occupying blockers so that he can use his speed. Maybe Sugar Ray and the Ravens coaching staff will have better luck in teaching June how to tackle than the Colts did in 4 years.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

June might demand a contract near AD's so if we could keep him obviously that would be ideal but I like June's versatility but not his run stopping.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh I am not so sure about the move, the run stopping thing is the main question, I would prefer us shelling out money for maybe Steinbach instead of June.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Ehh I am not so sure about the move, the run stopping thing is the main question, I would prefer us shelling out money for maybe Steinbach instead of June.
I dont think we can afford Steinbach, hes gonna get Steve Hutchinson money and if we cant afford Thomas we cant afford that.

I wouldnt mind getting June, sure hes not huge but hes super athletic which seems to be a common thing for a ravens defensive player.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Steinbech gets Hutchison money. I realize the market is going to hyper-inflate peoples numbers, but not to the tune of 7 years 50 million.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No way Steinbech gets Hutchison money. I realize the market is going to hyper-inflate peoples numbers, but not to the tune of 7 years 50 million.
Well even if he doesnt make HUch money he will still be making more than we can afford.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a big time supporter of the bring Cato "summertime" June to Baltimore, btw I just gave him that nickname god just admire my genious! :)

He is athletic plays hard, he's got speed and speed kills my friends!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Im a big time supporter of the bring Cato "summertime" June to Baltimore, btw I just gave him that nickname god just admire my genious! :)

He is athletic plays hard, he's got speed and speed kills my friends!
Losing Adalius Thomas means we lose our fastest LB so why not replace him with another crazy athletic player.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has he had blitzing expierence any time in his career?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If we got him wed be switching back to the primary 4-3 because hes too small to play OLB ina 3-4. So pass rushing wouldnt be a huge concern. He gets by on his athleticism and speed. He reminds me almost like Thomas Davis of Carolina. Hes basically a Rover.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

correct, I wonder if Ryan will want to keep his 3-4/4-3hybrid so who knows.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
correct, I wonder if Ryan will want to keep his 3-4/4-3hybrid so who knows.
Well we could still keep it. I mean we were never a primarily 3-4 team we switch throughout the game. So we could still use 3-4 looks with Jarrett Johnson taking Adalius' place. But we could use 4-3 as our main look if we got June.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

Quote:
I can't say for his college career but in the NFL he has rarely been sent on blitzes. He's primarily a cover linebacker in the Colts scheme. In his 4 years in the NFL he has 1 sack.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
I can't say for his college career but in the NFL he has rarely been sent on blitzes. He's primarily a cover linebacker in the Colts scheme. In his 4 years in the NFL he has 1 sack.
I garauntee if he signs here.......no less than 8 sacks in his first year here, Rex knows how to get guys freed up and get runs at the QB. While June may be undersized dude can hit and he'll light some QBs up if he comes here. I dont think he'll be here however because I believe he'll ask for AD type money. :(

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I garauntee if he signs here.......no less than 8 sacks in his first year here, Rex knows how to get guys freed up and get runs at the QB. While June may be undersized dude can hit and he'll light some QBs up if he comes here. I dont think he'll be here however because I believe he'll ask for AD type money. :(
I don't know about 8 sacks since that is quite a large number, but I would guess about 5. I just figure that Ryan does a good job of playing to his players strengths so Scott would see an increase in his number of blitzes while June would more be a cover linebacker. He would get way more chances either way though since everyone including the waterboy blitzes in Ryan's system.

I really doubt that he would come here though, we just don't have the cap space this year.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
since everyone including the waterboy blitzes in Ryan's system.
he is a damn good blitzer though
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not really a fan getting june, but any player plays better with ray lewis next to him...

wat scares me of june is his tackling... hes got all the speed in the world, but his tackling worries me

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
but any player plays better with ray lewis next to him...
so true he just elevates those around him.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of June, and I don't see him as a player for us. Besides we have more pressing needs that need to be signed in house plus Terrell Suggs is only under contract for another year. You think AD is gonna get paid, wait for Suggs' contract!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Not a fan of June, and I don't see him as a player for us. Besides we have more pressing needs that need to be signed in house plus Terrell Suggs is only under contract for another year. You think AD is gonna get paid, wait for Suggs' contract!
Theres no way the Ravens let Suggs get away from the team. Theres a huge difference betwee Suggs and THomas.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

please no cato june. he is going to get wayyy more money than he deserves. misses too many tackles.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Theres no way the Ravens let Suggs get away from the team. Theres a huge difference betwee Suggs and THomas.

There is a huge difference between them and I hope they resign him as soon as possible. But again I make mention to this "Patriot Way" that we seem to moving towards and wonder with what this upcoming free agent market is going to dictate moneywise for players will effect his contract negotiations.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
There is a huge difference between them and I hope they resign him as soon as possible. But again I make mention to this "Patriot Way" that we seem to moving towards and wonder with what this upcoming free agent market is going to dictate moneywise for players will effect his contract negotiations.
but the 'patriot way' does make sure they keep a hold on the more important players on their team (Brady/Semore)