Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-12-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bears Mock Draft

I'm curious to know what everyone wants for the bears come draft day. Lets see what everyones ideal bears mock would be.

1. Ryan Clady, OT. I think Clady will be available at #11 and if he is there I hope we would trade our 1st and late 3rd (SD) and if need be a late rounder for the Bills 1st. After Clady I feel the OT class drops off. Clady is a lot better than Williams, Otah, and Albert imo.

2. Brohm, QB if he's available, if not Malcolm Kelly, WR. Brohm would be a perfect fit in our O. Kelly is still a very good WR and I love his attitude. He is outspoken and wants to win and has never been a me above the team guy. He has strength and can beat the jam which is the major disadvantage of his lack of speed.

3. Matt Forte, RB. Big powerful back who the team is high on. Forte has great size and ran a good 40 even though he doesnt have homerun speed he can pull away from some safeties. Forte would be a good fit for our power running style and could give Benson the kick in the pants he needs or start if need be.

Comments welcome and post yours!

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14. Rashard Mendenhall
TRADE UP: Gosder Cherilus
3th Round: Would prolly be a late one, maybe Flacco or Woodson if they drop, maybe Caldwell or Kelly

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on whos left.

but
14: IF Williams is gone, and Albert doesnt have the value of the 14th pick
then Rashard Mendenhall should be the pick IMO. I am thinking he may be the best back from this class when alls said and done.
TRADE UP with Seattle: Gosder Cherilous RT might cost alot but its worth it to get a good tackle.
3rd: With alot of value gone, Kerry Brown OG- We need a WR but unforetunately none fall to us in the late third worth the spot so we continue our line upgrade.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Jonathan Stewart over every RB in this class. He is huge and ripped and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I watched him (in like 1 game to be honest) I wasnt impressed. But when I watched Mendenhall I was much more impressed by his ability to make something happen.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 04-13-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I agree that Mendenhall is more explosive and has better long speed, but Mendenhall is not a power runner and doesn't move the pile. He shies away from contact which I dont like especially for a guy who's 225lbs. Stewart will be a better between the tackles runner imo.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although ud prefer him, i really doubt his is high on our Big Boards, mendenhall has the Illnois and Turner connection

Old 04-13-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Although ud prefer him, i really doubt his is high on our Big Boards, mendenhall has the Illnois and Turner connection
I hate connections like that. I couldnt care less where I guy is born, I want the best player. I think Stewart is better than Mendenhall.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I hate connections like that. I couldnt care less where I guy is born, I want the best player. I think Stewart is better than Mendenhall.
Stewart has injury concerns, lacks a top gear, and Mendenhall can catch the ball as good if not better than Stewart... I don't think we want to invest even more money on a big runningback with injury issues who doesn't have breakaway speed...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Stewart has injury concerns, lacks a top gear, and Mendenhall can catch the ball as good if not better than Stewart... I don't think we want to invest even more money on a big runningback with injury issues who doesn't have breakaway speed...
I'm not saying I want either RB in round 1. I don't think it would be smart to draft a RB in round 1.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can wait on a running back. Offensive tackle should be the top priority. Trading up for Clady is a good choice, or if Chris Williams is there at 14, he can work too.
For the second round, I would be okay with trading down. I think teams will be aggressive and trade up for Joe Flacco and Brian Brohm. As far as Malcolm Kelly goes, I'm more concerned about his knees, as well as his maturity, than his 40 time. While Earl Bennett may not be the best athlete, he's the smartest receiver in this draft.
Assuming the Bears traded one third round pick for Clady and received another third round pick for Bennett, the Bears can use a third round pick on a running back. Matt Forte or Tashard Choice would be good options.
For quarterback, even though his stock dropped, I like Andre Woodson's mental toughness and work ethic. If he's there, I would go for him in the late 3rd round.
In the 4th round, offensive guard would be a solid choice. If Kerry Brown is there, go for him. Everyone on this board likes him. Or go for Chad Rinehart, who should be a solid guard.
Safety is a good option for the 5th or 6th round. Quentin Demps may not be there, so a development prospect like Nemo Warrick or DJ Wolfe would work.
Defensive tackle can be addressed late in the draft. Someone like Carlton Powell or Nick Hayden would work.
For the last picks, you might as well take flyers on guys and hope they pan out. Prospects like Lance Leggett (WR), Jaymar Johnson (WR), Pedro Sosa (OG) or James Blair (OG)

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 04-13-2008 at 04:37 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mendenhall is a better prospect than Stewart. If Shard had more game experience in college he would be easily a top 10 draft pick.

Anywho;

1st - OT (one of Albert, Williams, Otah)...If I had a choice I'd take Williams but it doesn't really matter to me

2nd - Brian Brohm

3rd - Chris Johnson (probably a pipe dream though)...Or if Kelly is still there I'd take him

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we went clady, brohm, forte id be a very very happy man on draft day, no question about it....
Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
if we went clady, brohm, forte id be a very very happy man on draft day, no question about it....
That would be my ideal draft but I don't think he'll be there that's why I took him out of my sig.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
That would be my ideal draft but I don't think he'll be there that's why I took him out of my sig.
true, it seems unlikely. in a way, i dont even want to go QB in the first 3 rounds if brohm isnt there in 2. i want nothing to do with ryan or henne and i think anyone interested in flacco is going to have to trade back into round 1.

it would be my opinion that in a situation where the QBs arent favorable, we just grab a late round guy to stick behind orton and gross and develop him a little. if those afore mentioned guys fail us, we're going to end up with a high pick next year anyway and we can use that to nab a college guy who hopefully steps up and stand out as a pro-prospect.

id rather go that route tahn rely on a guy we "settled" on in the 2nd this year and have to go from there.......
Old 04-13-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

next years QBs are worse than this years....

Old 04-13-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to avoid Brohm like the plague, but yeah, I've got that sinking feeling that we'll end up drafting him.

We are at risk of being in a dangerous spot. Here's why. there's a decent chance that 5 OL will be off before 14. Okay, doesn't sound so bad. We'll just take someone like a mendenhall at that point.

Here's the dangerous spot. Let's say it gets to round 2. And a QB is still there. I've got the sickening feeling we'd pull the trigger on Brohm there, irrespective of which Ot's are there, but the reality is also that the OT's there might be Duane Brown, who I'm not huge on.

What happens after that? Ready OT talent falls off tremendously, and we have to go get an OT this year.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

I really hope if we draft mendenhall, that we go Cherilus or 2nd Tier OL like Nicks or someone. I dont want 2 skill positions early

Old 04-13-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'd love to avoid Brohm like the plague, but yeah, I've got that sinking feeling that we'll end up drafting him.

We are at risk of being in a dangerous spot. Here's why. there's a decent chance that 5 OL will be off before 14. Okay, doesn't sound so bad. We'll just take someone like a mendenhall at that point.

Here's the dangerous spot. Let's say it gets to round 2. And a QB is still there. I've got the sickening feeling we'd pull the trigger on Brohm there, irrespective of which Ot's are there, but the reality is also that the OT's there might be Duane Brown, who I'm not huge on.

What happens after that? Ready OT talent falls off tremendously, and we have to go get an OT this year.
Duane Brown is ranked higher on the Bears board than Jeff Otah, fwi. And I feel the same way about him.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

any chance we could see the board? cause im not sure if we can trust ya :/

Old 04-13-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
any chance we could see the board? cause im not sure if we can trust ya :/
I don't have it.. And I haven't seen it.

I've heard from someone close to the situation that Brown, Collins, and one other name I can't remember off the top of my head (smaller school) were all ranked higher than Otah. Those names were only brought up to emphasize on how far down the board Otah really was.

I haven't seen Collins at Kansas, so I don't have an opinion on him, but I have seen Brown and would not be comfortable with him coming in early to play.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

hmm so no Otah? i really hope we get someone at OL in our 2nd Round

Old 04-13-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

my theory: if 2 OTs go in the top 10, i would have to think we send one of our 3rds and 14 to buffalo for 11 and guarantee ourselves the remaining OT of our choice.

we have that spare 3rd rounder for ammo and a draft trade history with buffalo, and between us are 2 teams who could easily snap up the guys we want...
Old 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I'd take Gosder over Mendenhall at #14.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Mendenhall is a better prospect than Stewart. If Shard had more game experience in college he would be easily a top 10 draft pick.

Anywho;

1st - OT (one of Albert, Williams, Otah)...If I had a choice I'd take Williams but it doesn't really matter to me

2nd - Brian Brohm

3rd - Chris Johnson (probably a pipe dream though)...Or if Kelly is still there I'd take him
I just dont see Brohm falling to us. Atlanta needs a QB, Miami might think Brohm is better than Beck. KC could take him. There are other teams that would probably trade up for him. If we sit at 14 in the second, I dont see us getting Brohm, Flacco maybe, but IMO definately not Brohm.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3