Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-14-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Beau Bell, LB, UNLV
Duane Brown, OT, Virginia Tech
Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
Oniel Cousins, OT, UTEP
Thomas DeCoud, CB, California
Quentin Demps, S, UTEP
Lionel Dotson, DT, Arizona
William Franklin, WR, Missouri
Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
Gary Guyton, LB, Georgia Tech
Tim Hightower, RB, Richmond
Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue
Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton
Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn
Rolly Lumbala, FB, Idaho
Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska
Kelly Poppinga, LB, Brigham Young
Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
Carlton Powell, DL, Virginia Tech
Kory Robertson, DT, Virginia Tech
Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
Phillip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami (FL)
Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL)
Pierre Garcon, WR, Mount Union
Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida
Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL)

That's a running list of prospects that have taken serious visits with Miami. The last 4 from Campbell on down were part of a local workout that didn't count against the Dolphins visit cap so take those names with a grain of salt as they were just in because they were free visits. Likely not much interest in any of those from what I'v heard outside of maybe Campbell. However, there are some names on there that I've read the Dolphins have met with numerous times.

If I had to peg down 1 guy that I feel pretty confident will be a Dolphin come draft day, it's Kendal Langford. I've been tracking him for some time as he's my favorite 3-4 DE in the draft, the Dolphins brass has met with him privately 3 times. This bodes pretty well for us taking him. They wouldn't invest so much time in a smoke screen and they definately wouldn't check him out so thru and thru unless they felt very strongly about him. I'm looking at him to the Dolphins in either the 4th or a trade up to the low 3rd.

Two other names I've seen connected to the Dolphins a couple times are Thomas DeCoud, the SS from California and Duane Brown the OT from Virginia Tech. Both could be targets with our 3rd round pick.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 04-20-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Gholston has been in to visit as well.

I agree about Duane Brown. I think he will likely be targeted at the top of the third round and could possibly even be the favorite for that selection. I posted a couple weeks ago my synopsis of what I feel the Dolphins plans are for this draft and it included our plans for an OT later in the draft to be our guy. I said Dunlap at the time, but Brown could certainly be the guy.

According to the list and with a few more hopefully to visit, our draft could look like this:

1) Vernon Gholson, OLB
2a) Kenny Phillips, S
2b) Charles Godfrey, CB
3) Duane Brown, OT
4) Kendall Langford, DE
6a) Thomas DeCoud, S
6b) Gary Guyton, LB
7a) Pierre Garcon, WR
7b) Shawn Murphy, OG

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Joe,

Langford would definitely fit the profile of a 3-4 DE in the Tuna system. Would not be a bad 3rd rounder. Though, I would rather not take him with the 1st pk of round 3. Hopefully a trade down to get him lower would be available.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Langford falling passed the second round, being a perfect fit in the 3-4, with all these 3-4 defenses in the NFL now.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Joe,

Langford would definitely fit the profile of a 3-4 DE in the Tuna system. Would not be a bad 3rd rounder. Though, I would rather not take him with the 1st pk of round 3. Hopefully a trade down to get him lower would be available.
We probably would do this, seeing as how #64 will be the first pick of Day 2 and wil be probably be coveted the most out of any of our picks and easist to trade away. I could defininitely see it.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Joe,

We have alot of flexibility with the 1st pick of round 3. It's the 1st pick of day 2 so alot of teams will finish up day 1, restock their draft boards and be looking at that top pick of round 3 for a guy that they want that has slipped. Should be alot of room for trade downs from that spot.

If we could deal down to the mid 3rd, draft Langford and get another late 5th or early 6th in the process, then that would be a great move on the part of our staff.

Unbiased, have to disagree with you. Langford is a midround guy. 3-4 DEs don't hold much value as they generally are only big bodies up front at the end of the line. Langford is a raw prospect who would like be a rotational guy for at least the 1st couple years of his career. That value just isn't there to take a guy like that too early. Mid to late 3rd is where he should come off the board. Doesn't matter how many 3-4 teams there are at the moment, there are still less of them then there are of 4-3 teams and backup 3-4 DEs just don't hold 2nd round value.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

UPDATED

10 char