Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rams NFL Draft

Who will the Rams select with the 13th Pick? A DT, LB, S, DE????

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think their first priority is defensive line. If they don't see a tackle or end they like at that spot, then linebacker or wide receiver are probably next on the radar. I don't see them using a first round pick on a safety at this point.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I think their first priority is defensive line. If they don't see a tackle or end they like at that spot, then linebacker or wide receiver are probably next on the radar. I don't see them using a first round pick on a safety at this point.
not even if Landry is still there?

Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
not even if Landry is still there?
It depends on what's there on the defensive line. If Adams, Anderson, Branch, and Okoye are all gone, they could look at Landry. I wouldn't rule it out simply because they may take him as the best available player, but my impression is that safety isn't an area they think they really need to address that much.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all of the DE getting signed in FA it looks like the Rams will have to go for a rush end first and then a LB or WR in the second.

This years Free Agency is going to suck.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
edge_V

if landry was there, and we didn't pick him, i would burn something. landry is sick. he most likely won't fall anywhere close to there. If i did the math right...he has 4.67% of falling to us.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_V View Post
if landry was there, and we didn't pick him, i would burn something. landry is sick. he most likely won't fall anywhere close to there. If i did the math right...he has 4.67% of falling to us.
I don't think you pass on Okoye, Anderson, Adams, or Branch to take Landry though. At least the Rams shouldn't. And this is coming from a guy who really likes Landry and wasn't sold on Atogwe much of the season.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Tom_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kelsay jsut signed, who oes that leave other then patrick kerney?
Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell
Tom_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_23 View Post
Kelsay jsut signed, who oes that leave other then patrick kerney?
Jared Allen and James Hall if we want to make a trade. Darrion Scott and Bobby McCray are RFAs. Dewayne White is out there. There are a couple of guys that might be good situationally for us.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

Here is my Rams realistic board.

1. Anderson
2. Okoye
3. Branch
4. Adams
5. Willis
6. Landry
7. Carriker
8. Meachem
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheineken View Post
Here is my Rams realistic board.

1. Anderson
2. Okoye
3. Branch
4. Adams
5. Willis
6. Landry
7. Carriker
8. Meachem
1. Okoye
2. Branch
3. Adams
4. Landry
5. Willis
6. Carriker
7. Anderson
8. Ginn

That is mine. I am not a big fan of Anderson.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
1. Okoye
2. Branch
3. Adams
4. Landry
5. Willis
6. Carriker
7. Anderson
8. Ginn

That is mine. I am not a big fan of Anderson.

i would put Adams #1 and Willis #2 and Okoye #3

Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any 3 of those would be beautiful. I think Adams will be gone by us.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
There's absolutely no way you can rank Willis over Okoye, not even after an impressive combine performance.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
edge_V

Why not? Willis is a beast. Okoye is Claude Wroten again.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_V View Post
Why not? Willis is a beast. Okoye is Claude Wroten again.
How do you figure that? Ignoring the obvious maturity and off the field differences that make your comparison questionable from the get-go, Okoye at 19 years old is already an outstanding football player and has tremendous amounts of potential to get better as he continues to develop. Willis is the top MLB prospect and improved his stock this weekend, and though I think he'll be an excellent player in this league linebackers simply aren't valued as high unless they're among the elite ranks. Willis may be a beast, but I simply don't see how you can rank him over a prospect like Okoye at this point.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on the Rams trading up for a Gaines Adams?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I don't think trading up is much of an option, at least not unless we have a guy drop down into the 8-10 range where it's not going to cost an arm and a leg to move up.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
How do you figure that? Ignoring the obvious maturity and off the field differences that make your comparison questionable from the get-go, Okoye at 19 years old is already an outstanding football player and has tremendous amounts of potential to get better as he continues to develop. Willis is the top MLB prospect and improved his stock this weekend, and though I think he'll be an excellent player in this league linebackers simply aren't valued as high unless they're among the elite ranks. Willis may be a beast, but I simply don't see how you can rank him over a prospect like Okoye at this point.
i admit Okoye is a great fit playmakers like Willis wont come around often there isnt another LB in the draft even close to him he would be a great fit if he's gone to Buffalo then Okoye would be good pick

Old 03-02-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i admit Okoye is a great fit playmakers like Willis wont come around often there isnt another LB in the draft even close to him he would be a great fit if he's gone to Buffalo then Okoye would be good pick
Playmakers like Willis don't come around that often? Look at the history of first round and early second round linebackers over the last couple of years. We had Hawk, Sims, and Ryans who all played well as rookies in 2006. The year before you had guys like Shawne Merriman, Thomas Davis, Demarcus Ware, and Derrick Johnson. In 2004 you had prospects like Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams, and Karlos Dansby at the top of the second round.

It would seem to me that there have been a number of playmaking linebackers available over the last couple of years, moreso than defensive tackles taken in the same range. To say these guys don't come around often doesn't seem to gel with history, and certainly doesn't strike me as the kind of justification one would need to take Willis over Okoye. Heck, if either of these two players fits into the description of "guys who don't come around often," it's Okoye.

Last edited by NGSeiler : 03-02-2007 at 01:00 AM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

With what we have done so far I would say we are still staying with DT and OLB as the top of our draft list. Anyone think different.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
With what we have done so far I would say we are still staying with DT and OLB as the top of our draft list. Anyone think different.
I don't think you can rule out DE even though we traded a fifth rounder for Hall. Neither he nor Little are spring chickens. I think the Rams would be willing to go DE if they like the guys still on the board.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
edge_V

Quote:
Playmakers like Willis don't come around that often? Look at the history of first round and early second round linebackers over the last couple of years. We had Hawk, Sims, and Ryans who all played well as rookies in 2006. The year before you had guys like Shawne Merriman, Thomas Davis, Demarcus Ware, and Derrick Johnson. In 2004 you had prospects like Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams, and Karlos Dansby at the top of the second round.

It would seem to me that there have been a number of playmaking linebackers available over the last couple of years, moreso than defensive tackles taken in the same range. To say these guys don't come around often doesn't seem to gel with history, and certainly doesn't strike me as the kind of justification one would need to take Willis over Okoye. Heck, if either of these two players fits into the description of "guys who don't come around often," it's Okoye.
you make a very good point. But idk, Willis is a monster. Okoye also had me giddy for a while. I think its a toss up right now. considering we have "filled" a couple needs and will most likely be left with having to pick BPA. We might be able to take another good LB in the second. damn idk, we'll have to see with FA.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

I think the texans signing Peterson throws this thing off, as well as buffalo possibly trading Mcgahee. It should make tihngsvery interesting. If lynch falls to us we could bein a nice situation like last season
Mizzou #4

Old 03-05-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

What do you guys think of Stewart Bradley as a lateday one or early day 2 pick. He is a big body who projects on the strongside 6'4 255
Mizzou #4