Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-05-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_23 View Post
What do you guys think of Stewart Bradley as a lateday one or early day 2 pick. He is a big body who projects on the strongside 6'4 255
I don't think he makes it to Day Two. My impression is that he impressed both at the Senior Bowl and at the combine. I would guess he could come off the board in the late second round or early to mid third.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
edge_V

yea...I think we can snag him in the third. If we don't sign a real SLB and use our first on okoye and someone else in the second (like Woodley or Moses, or whoever. Although it might seem unlikely that we use all our first day picks on defense alone.) I think he'd be a good pickup in the third.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Tom_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd be fine with bradley in the 3rd, I am still for drafting for Ginn or Willis
Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell
Tom_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be fine with bradley in the 3rd, I am still for drafting for Ginn or Willis
Why do we draft a first round receiver after spending $30 million in free agency on the position?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
RAMBEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Why do we draft a first round receiver after spending $30 million in free agency on the position?
its pretty clear that we won't be drafting a WR in the first, now that we have signed Bennett, especially not one who is 5'11" and 178lbs, Linehan is into bigger receivers
Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBEAST View Post
its pretty clear that we won't be drafting a WR in the first
That's basically what my question was suggesting. :)
Old 03-05-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
RAMBEAST

Quote:
That's basically what my question was suggesting. :)
I gotcha ;) ;)
Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Quote:
Well Ginn could be an impact right away in the return game, something worse then our D.

Secondly Bruce has only a few years left and Holt is in his 30's. So Ginn would contribute as a number 4, while learning form to of the best and being groomed to take over Ike's position once he is finished. Similar to drafting Jackson a few years ago
Mizzou #4

Old 03-05-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
RAMBEAST

Quote:
Well Ginn could be an impact right away in the return game, something worse then our D.

Secondly Bruce has only a few years left and Holt is in his 30's. So Ginn would contribute as a number 4, while learning form to of the best and being groomed to take over Ike's position once he is finished. Similar to drafting Jackson a few years ago
there is nothing worse then our defense, and good return men can be found later in the draft, we are set at WR for now and in Linehans offense the 4th receiver hardly sees the field ...................the pick should be defense
Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBEAST View Post
there is nothing worse then our defense, and good return men can be found later in the draft, we are set at WR for now and in Linehans offense the 4th receiver hardly sees the field ...................the pick should be defense

I dont disagree that defense should be first priority, but if ginn is easily the best value at 13 take him
Mizzou #4

Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:

So we're going to spend a Top 15 pick on a #4 receiver who will also return punts?

One of the reasons we signed Bennett to such a big deal is because we envision him being the guy who is going to take over for Bruce when he calls it a career. Holt is 31 years old and has quite a lot left in the tank, we don't need to spend first round picks planning for life after Torry at this point.

This is in no way similar to when we drafted Jackson. In 2004 when we drafted Jackson, we'd already spent two seasons watching Marshall Faulk struggle through injuries and remain generally ineffective as a feature back. Holt and Bruce have shown no signs of slowing down and being less productive.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

drafting a WR on the firs day is dumb unless someone really good is still on the board

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

Stewart Bradley won't make it out of the 2nd. This draft is very thin at the SAM position, and he's the best one in the draft. Someone will reach for him, probably in the mid 2nd.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:04 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I notice no one talks about CB when you guys dont really have much after Tye Hill. Fisher is gone. Fakhir Brown and Butler are nickel backs, Bartell is probably gonna end up at safety. What about the idea of picking Leon Hall in the 1st if the preffered options are gone? Or maybe a CB like Josh Wilson in the 2nd.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
edge_V

I don't see Bartell moving to safety, but if you heard it somewhere, then idk. I don't think he's gonna move this season. Fakhir Brown isn't even that bad...at times. But no, I don't think I'd want us to waste a first round pick on a DB. And my vote counts a lot...since i'm working in the rams front office...from home. It's a special program.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

If several key positions are filled in FA, then I wouldn't mind another first round CB if the FO feels the guy is the best player available. Robaire Smith is in town right now. If they sign him, that could take care of the NT problem.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
I notice no one talks about CB when you guys dont really have much after Tye Hill. Fisher is gone. Fakhir Brown and Butler are nickel backs, Bartell is probably gonna end up at safety. What about the idea of picking Leon Hall in the 1st if the preffered options are gone? Or maybe a CB like Josh Wilson in the 2nd.
Brown is an adequate starter and should be fine with a better pass rush. Hill obviously fills the other starting role. I think Bartell secured himself into the nickel role at the end of last year, so corner really isn't much of a need for St. Louis.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Garret Wolfe is the guy I was thinking about out of northern illinois, I think he'd be a real good change of pace/ returner
Mizzou #4

Old 03-07-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Garret Wolfe is the guy I was thinking about out of northern illinois, I think he'd be a real good change of pace/ returner
With the signing of Travis Minor I don't think the Rams will take a RB, unless they have filled all of their needs.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
RAMBEAST

Nebraska's pro day was today and Linehan was Present, Carriker ran a 4.72 at 291lbs, he could be a very high prospect on the rams draft board, he would immediately improve the defensive line, I hope he is the pick at 13 if Willis, Branch, Adams and Anderson are gone
Old 03-09-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OK question if Okoye, Branch and Willis are off the board by 13, who do the Rams take? Not a DE, not a CB apparently, Timmons I dont think worked out well enough for 13, maybe Nelson? Not a WR after signing Bennett, no OL is worth that high...Who?
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Rams have had a great off-season so far with some great additions in the Free Agent market and with the Draft a month away it seems DT is still our top need. With Branch and Okoye the top two choices. What are some thoughts if they are both gone at 13? Do we trade down or take the best available player on the list.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Thrawn

I think if Bradley actually was there in round 3, we should take a shot. That is questionable whether he'd be there though.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Thrawn

Quote:
He'd be a risk as a return guy. He doesn't really have much experience there. If he can't return, he's probably not worth a pick and can be picked up as a UDFA.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
smizzhfx

If the top 5 offensive players in this years draft get picked in the top 12, that will leave us with at least one of the best 8 defensive players:

-Jamarcus Russell
-Calvin Johnson
-Joe Thomas
-Brady Quinn
-Adrian Peterson

and theres always an outside chance that someone like Levi Brown or Marshawn Lynch could make it into the top 12.

This leaves us with at least one of the following 8 guys:

-Alan Branch
-Amobi Okoye
-Gaines Adams
-Jamaal Anderson
-LaRon landry
-Patrick Willis
-Jarvis Moss
-Adam Carriker

In my opinion, we should draft the best defensive player availabe at #13, then look to the second and third rounds to focus on our defensive line. Day one is extremely deep with defensive line talent with guys like Victor Abiamiri, Justin Harell, Tim Crowder, you can go on and on and on.