Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-15-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008 Chicago Bears Regular Season schedule

Chicago Bears Wk Date Matchup Time
1 Sept. 7 at Indianapolis Colts 8:15 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 Philadelphia Eagles 8:15 p.m.
5 Oct. 5 at Detroit Lions 1 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 Bye
9 Nov. 2 Detroit Lions 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 9 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 16 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m.
12 Nov. 23 at St. Louis Rams 1 p.m.
13 Nov. 30 at Minnesota Vikings* 8:15 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 11 (Thurs.) New Orleans Saints 8:15 p.m.
16 Dec. 22 (Mon.) Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 at Houston Texans 1 p.m.

Last edited by regoob2 : 04-15-2008 at 06:22 PM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, IMO decently tough based off of last years standings. I think this will be a tough year. The 1st 4 games will really test us, Carolina was hurt by some injuries last year, so I think they will bounce back. Not feeling to good about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts are the only team it's not a coin toss for me.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

glad to see theres a few primetime games. not many other bears games ever get shown in western PA.....im always stuck watching the steelers, lol
Old 04-15-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
glad to see theres a few primetime games. not many other bears games ever get shown in western PA.....im always stuck watching the steelers, lol
Ya I lived in FL for 2 years and with them having 3 teams I could never watch a game.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd say 8-8, give or take two wins. Could be worse (2-3 wins if the offense is awful), could be better, although if I had to guess I would say 9-7.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I think we're 7-9 with 2 games both ways.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I think we're 7-9 with 2 games both ways.
I agree, over on the Bears MB there was someone freaking out b/c of something being 6-10. I agree that most are toss ups, I think we are pretty evenly matched w/ most teams on the sched

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my opinion:

with a healthy D and lackluster offense: 7-9 - 8-8
not so healthy D but better than expected offense: 8-8
if we get both.....i could see 10-6
if we get neither....ugh....hopefully a QB worth drafting high next year shows himself
Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may be the homer inside of me talking, but I have a feeling about next year... a good one.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting tickets for the Sunday night game at the Metrodome. I've never been to a primetime game before. Maybe I'll see John Madden. BOOM!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my day is complete now thanks to you 51...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perfect.

i mean. legitimately we can go 16-0.

will we? not likely. any given sunday is the fact that although incessantly outmatched the bears seem to lose to the lions every year.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think down the strech, it could be really hard depending on how ARod does

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 04-16-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I think the strecht could be really hard depending on how ARod does
????? huh??
Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i meant the second part of the season

3 Road games in a row and all those teams besides two are better than .500 with the Saints being 7-9 and the Rams a strong contender. If Aaron Rodgers plays fine, this will be really hard

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
i meant the second part of the season

3 Road games in a row and all those teams besides two are better than .500 with the Saints being 7-9 and the Rams a strong contender. If Aaron Rodgers plays fine, this will be really hard
eh. i wouldnt gurantee that any of those teams are going to be contenders though. The titans hopes ride on VY developing more as a passer and if he doesnt do that, theyre beatable. green bay...eh...depends on rogers. we schooled em last year when they had favre. we should come away with 1 win again between the 2 GB games. the rams...eh. if their offense is healthy they could be challenging but theyre still not a great team. vikes....eh. depends on tavaris, i doubt AP runs over us when we're all healthy and by then, he might not even be. jacksonville will be tough, you get taht one. NO....maybe. their defense still isnt all that great. vilma helps....but if we can pass at all we should be able to pass on them. and houston.....eh.

not that bad of stretch....if all of those teams are at their best possible then yes, but i doubt that...
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is @ least the 2nd year in a row they've scheduled the home game vs. the Vikings fairly early in the year. Come on! Make those panzy Vikings come to Chicago & play outside in December.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings are not a team you want to play in the snow. Best power running game in the NFL and the ability to completely shut down the run? Yeah...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
It may be the homer inside of me talking, but I have a feeling about next year... a good one.
I hope you're right.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Vikings are not a team you want to play in the snow. Best power running game in the NFL and the ability to completely shut down the run? Yeah...
sure.

but they still play in a dome.
so. don't worry.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well looks like the Vikings are acquiring Jared Allen to amp up their pass rush. I'll make a bold prediction and say:

Vikings D-line in 2008 > Bears O-line in 2008
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Well looks like the Vikings are acquiring Jared Allen to amp up their pass rush. I'll make a bold prediction and say:

lol, ya that's a pretty safe assumption.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

Did the schedule makers realize they gave the Bears not 1 but 2 3-game homestands# -- albeit 1 interrupted by the bye week -- and a 3-game road trip*?

# - weeks 7, 9, & 10 vs. the Vikings, Lions, & Titans and weeks 14-16 vs. the Jaguars, Saints, & Packers
* - Weeks 11-13 @ the Packers, Rams, & Vikings

Old 04-20-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post

Watch. Allen turns into Javon Kearse... and then... well. there goes the lemonade.