Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-26-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Giants Offseaon/Mock drafts

New mock draft

1. Leon Hall - CB – 5’11” 193 - Michigan
Workout numbers: 4.41 forty, 15 reps, 37.5 vert, 6.5 three cone
We need a starter opposite of Webster for next season. I was hoping that we signed Roderick Hood and that would allow us to use our 1st pick on another area of need, but he is off the market along with the rest of the top DBs. Hall is a very established and experienced corner back who I believe could come in and start for us next season. He had a great combine and showed off his athleticism. I was especially impressed with his three cone speed.

2. Justin Durant – WLB – 6’1” 230 - Hampton
Workout numbers: 4.51 forty, 25 reps, 36 vert, 6.77 three cone
We need a starting WLB with the departure of Emmons and Arrington. Durant is a small school player who has been very productive during his career. He is still extremely young (turns 22 in late November) and has tons of upside. He very quietly had a superb combine. He is very athletic and would make a great compliment to Pierce and MLB and Kiwanuka and SLB.

3. Scott Chandler – TE – 6’7” 268 – Iowa
Workout numbers: 4.78 forty, 16 reps, 30 vert
Scott Chandler is a very underrated TE in this draft. We need to draft somebody to replace Shank. Chandler is very nimble and athletic for his size. He is a huge TE and should be able to develop his blocking. His receiving game is his strength and he would be a great redzone threat. I would have Ben Patrick here, but that would be a bit unrealistic.

4. Laurent Robinson – WR – 6’2” 200 – Illinois State
Workout numbers: 4.41 forty, 19 reps, 39 vert, 6.83 three cone
We need two new WRs on our roster for depth. Robinson should be the first, and the second could be Mix or a UDFA. Robinson is a small school player and for that reason won’t go higher than this. I would have us taking a WR in round 2 or 3, but this WR is extremely packed and we can get a good WR early day 2. Robinson put up great numbers at the combine but has been overshadowed by other players from more prominent programs.

5. Eldra Buckley - RB – 5’9” 205 – Tenn. Chattanooga
Workout numbers: 4.59 forty, 36 inch vert.
We need a scat back and although his workout numbers don’t show it, Buckley should be our guy. He is a quick RB who can come in and change the pace. He would be our 3rd RB behind Jacobs and Droughns. I don’t think Ward will make the final cut.

6. Craig Dahl – SS – 6’2” 216 – North Dakota State
Workout numbers: 4.59 forty, 17 reps, 35 vert, 11.03 sixty yard shuttle
Dahl is a small school sleeper who is another very athletic prospect. He ran the fastest 60 yard shuttle out of anyone in the combine regardless of position. He won’t start on defense, but can be an immediate impact on special teams.

7. LaRon Harris – NT – 6’3” 345 – Northwestern Oklahoma State
Workout numbers: 1.7 10 yard shuttle, 33 reps, 33.5 vert
I haven’t seen him play, but he is very intriguing because of his size. He had a great workout and should be a late round pick. He actually ended his workout (non-combine) with a backflip. He must have great lower body strength to do a backflip at 345 pounds. He was a division 1-A recruit but became lazy and left Tennessee.

Last edited by ricky bobby : 03-13-2007 at 02:29 PM.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok well- i absolutely love the 1st 2 round picks for the giants in ur mock but after that its a little fuzzy imo- i think we gotta go Guard 3rd round like a manuel ramirez or another big guy because if the team does not resign pettigout (which im 99% sure we wont) Diehl will move out to G and we will have a gap and its important to have some depth on the oline
I really like the signing of travis fisher but not so much green- he is very injury prone and that is the last thing we need @ this point- i would rather sign a more reliable vet
Also i am strongly against moving Kiwi to LB- i would rather have Short start. Kiwi is a great young player and i would hate to screw him up by switching him around- however i do think it may b a waste to just have him as a backup, we can alternate him @ LB but im opposed to him being the starter

I'm glad u had guys like Carter, who i loathe, joseph and madison being cut- it would save us a lot in salary and these players just dont quite do it for us and its time to bring in a new era
Overall im pretty impressed, gotta say :)

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Kiwanuka in a Jason Taylor DE/OLB role would be awesome. He could maximize his potential at OLB. He has the athleticism to play in space. We should keep him off those huge O-linemen and allow him to run free and make plays.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giants Pride
Rookie

Giants Pride hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cuts
William Joseph
Tim Carter
McQuarters (if he gets beat out)

Resign
Shaun O'Hara
Jay Feely

Free Agency
Donnie Edwards (2 years 5 mil)
Eric Steinbach (7 years 40 mil)
Justin Griffith (3 years 5 mil)
Dominic Rhodes (3 years 10 mil)
Dave Moore (1 year)

Draft
1 Chris Houston CB
2 Eric Weddle FS
3 Brandon Mebane DT
4 Garrett Wolfe RB
5 Mike Walker WR
6 Michael Okwo RB
7 BPA

Depth Chart
QB Eli - Lorenzen - Hasselback
RB Jacobs - Rhodes - Wolfe
FB Griffith
TE Shockey - Moore
WR Toomer - Moss - Tyree
WR Burress - Walker
LT Diehl - Whimper
LG Steinbach - Seubert
C O'hara - Reugemer
RG Snee
RT McKenzie

LE Strahan - Tuck
RE Umenyiora - Kiawanuka
DT Cofield - Mebane
DT Robbins - Seawright
WLB Edwards - Wilkinson - Okwo
MLB Pierce - Blackburn
SLB Kiawanuka - Short - Torbor
CB Webster - Houston - Underwood
CB Madison - Dockery
FS Demps - Weddle
SS Wilson - Butler
Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants Pride View Post
Cuts
William Joseph
Tim Carter
McQuarters (if he gets beat out)

Resign
Shaun O'Hara
Jay Feely

Free Agency
Donnie Edwards (2 years 5 mil)
Eric Steinbach (7 years 40 mil)
Justin Griffith (3 years 5 mil)
Dominic Rhodes (3 years 10 mil)
Dave Moore (1 year)

Draft
1 Chris Houston CB
2 Eric Weddle FS
3 Brandon Mebane DT
4 Garrett Wolfe RB
5 Mike Walker WR
6 Michael Okwo RB
7 BPA

Depth Chart
QB Eli - Lorenzen - Hasselback
RB Jacobs - Rhodes - Wolfe
FB Griffith
TE Shockey - Moore
WR Toomer - Moss - Tyree
WR Burress - Walker
LT Diehl - Whimper
LG Steinbach - Seubert
C O'hara - Reugemer
RG Snee
RT McKenzie

LE Strahan - Tuck
RE Umenyiora - Kiawanuka
DT Cofield - Mebane
DT Robbins - Seawright
WLB Edwards - Wilkinson - Okwo
MLB Pierce - Blackburn
SLB Kiawanuka - Short - Torbor
CB Webster - Houston - Underwood
CB Madison - Dockery
FS Demps - Weddle
SS Wilson - Butler

Donnie Edwards is a MLB and would not solve our OLB crisis- i love the signing of rhodes despite his recent DUI and steinbach would b a great addition also

In the draft we have to go OLB whether its Poz or better yet Timmons and i think we could even get houston 2nd round
I love Eric Weddle but we have bigger needs than safety and i think we should see how wilson and demps play together again and reevaluate that position next yr

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Re-sign

C Shaun O'Hara-5 years-$19.5 million
C/G Grey Ruegamer-1 years-$700,000
Chase Blackburn-1 years-$800,000
K-Jay Feely-3 years-$3 million
SS Gibril Wilson-2nd round tender
RB Derrick Ward-7th round tender
Reggie Torbor-4th round tender

Sign via FA

OLB Adalius Thomas-5 years-$33.5 million
QB Brad Johnson-2 years-$2 million
TE Randal Williams-1 year-$650,000
G-Jordan Black-3 years-$5 million

Cuts

QB Tim Hasselbeck
WR Michael Jennings

Draft

Giants trade #20 (1) to Tampa Bay for #35 (2) and #64 (2)

2-(from TB)-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas-4 years-$5 million
2-Earl Everett-OLB-Florida-4 years-$3.6 million
2-(from TB)-Aundrae Allison-WR-ECU-4 years-$3.4 million
3-Lorenzo Booker-RB-Florida State-4 years-$3 million

4-Marvin White-FS-TCU-4 years-$2.6 million
5-Yamon Figurs-WR-Kansas State-3 years-$1.7 million
6-Andrew Carnahan-OT-Arizona State-2 years-$700,000
7-Quinton Echols-DT-Kansas State-1 year-$300,000

GIANTS DEPTH CHART

QB-Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, Jared Lorenzen

RB-Brandon Jacobs, Lorenzo Booker, Derrick Ward

WR-Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Sinorice Moss, Aundrae Allison, David Tyree, Tim Carter, Yamon Figurs

TE-Jeremy Shockey, Randal Williams

OT-David Diehl, Kareem McKenzie, Guy Whimper, Andrew Carnahan

G-Chris Snee, Rich Seubert, Matt Lentz, Jordan Black

C-Shaun O'Hara, Grey Ruegamer

DE-Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka, Justin Tuck

DT-Barry Cofield, Fred Robbins, William Joseph, Jonas Seawright, Quinton Echols

OLB-Adalius Thomas, Gerris Wilkinson, Earl Everett, Reggie Torbor

MLB-Antonio Pierce, Chase Blackburn

CB-Sam Madison, Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, RW McQuarters, Kevin Dockery, EJ Underwood

FS-Will Demps, Marvin White, James Butler

SS-Gibril Wilson, Jason Bell

K-Jay Feely

P-Jeff Feagles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think Carnahan has LT potential. I thought he was a massive run blocking RT.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Do you think Carnahan has LT potential. I thought he was a massive run blocking RT.
I am not bringing him in as a LT. I am bringing him in as a backup RT, a role that I don't think Whimper would play very well.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-01-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I am not bringing him in as a LT. I am bringing him in as a backup RT, a role that I don't think Whimper would play very well.
To me he is a poor mans Callaghan who the Pats had start at RT this year as a rookie. So he probably could fit that role well.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Re-sign

C Shaun O'Hara-5 years-$19.5 million
C/G Grey Ruegamer-1 years-$700,000
Chase Blackburn-1 years-$800,000
K-Jay Feely-3 years-$3 million
SS Gibril Wilson-2nd round tender
RB Derrick Ward-7th round tender
Reggie Torbor-4th round tender

Sign via FA

OLB Adalius Thomas-5 years-$33.5 million
TE Randal Williams-1 year-$650,000
G-Jordan Black-3 years-$5 million

Cuts

QB Tim Hasselbeck
WR Michael Jennings

Draft

Giants trade #20 (1) to Tampa Bay for #35 (2) and #64 (2)

2-(from TB)-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas-4 years-$5 million
2-(from TB)-Aundrae Allison-WR-ECU-4 years-$3.4 million
3-Lorenzo Booker-RB-Florida State-4 years-$3 million

5-Yamon Figurs-WR-Kansas State-3 years-$1.7 million
7-Quinton Echols-DT-Kansas State-1 year-$300,000

GIANTS DEPTH CHART

RB-Brandon Jacobs, Lorenzo Booker, Derrick Ward

WR-Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Sinorice Moss, Aundrae Allison, David Tyree, Tim Carter, Yamon Figurs

TE-Jeremy Shockey, Randal Williams

G-Chris Snee, Rich Seubert, Matt Lentz, Jordan Black

DT-Barry Cofield, Fred Robbins, William Joseph, Jonas Seawright, Quinton Echols

OLB-Adalius Thomas, Gerris Wilkinson, Earl Everett, Reggie Torbor

MLB-Antonio Pierce, Chase Blackburn

CB-Sam Madison, Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, RW McQuarters, Kevin Dockery, EJ Underwood

K-Jay Feely

P-Jeff Feagles

I think it's pretty decent, there stuff i like and dislike about it. I would like to see yours without the trading and stuff. I think once you start making assumptions like that it can be taken to an extreme. You dont know if that trade will work, or if Reese is going to even want to. Plus you don't know who is on the board, when we make that trade, so I would really like to see a more realistic one, without assumptions like trades. What would your mock look like if you used one mockdraft, your pick from a site. This way your parameters are almost set, on whose going to be drafted ahead of us, and than go from there.. That's the danger of these mocks because one doesnt know the whole situation, and so the whole story may not be told.

I like your players you listed, but I still want to know what you would think, out of curiosity minus the trades.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys really did your HW. I like some of the sleeper picks.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I think it's pretty decent, there stuff i like and dislike about it. I would like to see yours without the trading and stuff. I think once you start making assumptions like that it can be taken to an extreme. You dont know if that trade will work, or if Reese is going to even want to. Plus you don't know who is on the board, when we make that trade, so I would really like to see a more realistic one, without assumptions like trades. What would your mock look like if you used one mockdraft, your pick from a site. This way your parameters are almost set, on whose going to be drafted ahead of us, and than go from there.. That's the danger of these mocks because one doesnt know the whole situation, and so the whole story may not be told.

I like your players you listed, but I still want to know what you would think, out of curiosity minus the trades.
Yes- i like the trade actually it allows to get a great athlete and CB in ross and get a guy like everett also- i love lorenzo booker in the 3rd that would b a good tandem i feel w/ jacobs
i really doubt we r able to get A. Thomas though and i actually do not want him- i think hes going to go to SF because of his former d coord Nolan as the head coach and they have a ridiculous amount of cap room- the reason i dont want him is because he is 30 years old turning 31. I think we gotta build through the draft defensively not through FA which we have tried ie arrington , madison and it didnt pan out well. I think we should go for a stud LB 1st round like Poz or Timmons or Beason and we could may b even get Ross 2nd round (unlikely but ya know) or if not a guy like Hughes or Josh Wilson.
I like the signings of Jordan Black and Brad Johnson however

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

I updated my mock draft so that we can get both Kalil and Timmons.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
Yes- i like the trade actually it allows to get a great athlete and CB in ross and get a guy like everett also- i love lorenzo booker in the 3rd that would b a good tandem i feel w/ jacobs
i really doubt we r able to get A. Thomas though and i actually do not want him- i think hes going to go to SF because of his former d coord Nolan as the head coach and they have a ridiculous amount of cap room- the reason i dont want him is because he is 30 years old turning 31. I think we gotta build through the draft defensively not through FA which we have tried ie arrington , madison and it didnt pan out well. I think we should go for a stud LB 1st round like Poz or Timmons or Beason and we could may b even get Ross 2nd round (unlikely but ya know) or if not a guy like Hughes or Josh Wilson.
I like the signings of Jordan Black and Brad Johnson however

I like Booker, but no way in the 3rd.. I'd take Manny R before I take Booker, and I like Booker alot.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Booker, but no way in the 3rd.. I'd take Manny R before I take Booker, and I like Booker alot.
ya i would take manny ramirez before booker also- look @ my signature :)

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-01-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was the first to talk about Manny, back before he was even a day one thought. But let's calm it down a little bit with him. He is a road grader, nothing more. It's not like he is a G that won't ever be found in the draft again. I like the kid, but he I am not sold on him being an immediate starter just yet.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I was the first to talk about Manny, back before he was even a day one thought. But let's calm it down a little bit with him. He is a road grader, nothing more. It's not like he is a G that won't ever be found in the draft again. I like the kid, but he I am not sold on him being an immediate starter just yet.
Well that's good you knew of him. I know, personally i got that from a TT game i saw during the year, and than BBD brought him up and i remembered him again.

I think he helped himself at the combine and senior bowl week, which will open NFL scouts's eyes. As for finding more later in other drafts, I agree. I guess I liked Max jean Gilles last year, and still pissed the egurls took him.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this:

assuming we hold onto our RFAs, Grey ruegemer, and Feely

Sign:

Cato June- sign him to a 3 year deal for a decent amount of $$$

Dominic Rhodes- 2 year deal to backup Brandon Jacobs

Travis Fisher- a solid starting CB who isnt that old. Sign him to a 3 year deal.

Cato June (OLB)-would be a good pickup. He is a speedy LBer and still a young player. He obviously lacks size, but he brings the speed that we lack.

Dominic Rhodes (RB) is a nice pickup to backup Jacobs and split carries with. good pass catcher out of the backfield

Travis Fisher (CB) is a guy who should give us some help in the secondary and be a capable starter. Madison and Fisher is all rite and hopefully Underwood or Dockery shows something

Overall I think that it would help our Defense out tremendously and give us more options in the draft. June is a nice player and a fairly good fit. Fisher helps our secondary, and Rhodes is exactly what we should be looking add to compliment Jacobs.

Draft:

Round 1- Robert Meachem/Ted Ginn Jr./Dwayne Jarrett- I am a fan of all 3 of these guys. Chances are 1 of them is gone. But all 3 are going to be excellent players. Jarrett has great size, nice hands, great jumping ability, is physical, can block, and comes through in the clutch. Ginn has phenomenol speed and loads of potential, as well as an excellent return man. Meachem is the most well rounded of the 3 and is going to be an excellent player. anyone of them would be an excellent reciever for our team for years to come.

Round 2- Eric Weddle- a great safety who is gonna do great things in this league. since we got a CB, now we need a safety and Weddle would be great. Not gonna go in depth cause I am sure you guys know all about him.

Round 3- Stewart Bradley- Even though we signed June, we still have one major question mark in our LB core. While I think that Wilkinson or Blackburn will be able to play, I would still take Bradley in the 3rd. he has great intangibles and plays smart. he would be able to contribute on special teams and in a backup role. In a couple years, he should be able to become a nice starter.

Round 4- Manny Ramirez- strong player. Not gonna repeat this one. Can bench 550 though.

Round 5 Jonathan Wade- the guy has great potential. He had a nice senior year as well. He is very fast if nothing else and considering the division we play in, that will help.

Round 6- BPA RB/Yamon Figurs. Dont really know who would be available. Look for a RB to replace Ward, and a DT.

Round 7- BPA
Old 03-03-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

I am going to have an updated mock offseason up in an hour.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-03-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

*I am doing a mock offseason starting from where we stand tonight...meaning the likes of O'Hara, Blackburn...etc already have been re-signed. And because of complaints last time, I will do a mock draft with no trades.

Cut

WR Tim Carter

Re-Sign

OL Grey Ruegamer-1 year-$900,000

Sign via FA

RB Dominic Rhodes-4 years-$14.5 million
DT Ian Scott-4 years-$10.5 million
OL Jordan Black-3 years-$5 million
LB Tim Johnson-2 years-$1.3 million
TE David Martin-3 years-$2 million

Draft

1-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas-4 years-$5 million
3-Johnnie Lee Higgins-WR-UTEP-4 years-$3.4 million
5-Anthony Waters-MLB-Clemson-3 years-$1.7 million
7-Marquice Cole-CB-Northwestern-1 year-$300,000

Giants Depth Chart

RB-Brandon Jacobs, Dominic Rhodes, Derrick Ward

FB-Jim Finn

WR-Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Sinorice Moss, Johnnie Lee Higgins, David Tyree

TE-Jeremy Shockey, David Martin

G-Chris Snee, Jordan Black, Rich Seubert

DT-Barry Cofield, Fred Robbins, Ian Scott, William Joseph, Jonas Seawright

OLB-Gerris Wilkinson, Chase Blackburn, Earl Everett, Reggie Torbor, Tim Johnson

MLB-Antonio Pierce, Anthony Waters

K-Josh Huston

P-Jeff Feagles

LS-Ryan Kuehl
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-03-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

To be quite frank with you Number 10, I don't like it.

Ross is going to be a 25 year old rookie.

Everett is too slow to play WLB for us after running a 4.88.

Higgins is alright but if Steve Smith, Allison, Davis, Allison or even Mike Walker are available, i'd go with them.

Marvin White is a reach.

Waters is alright, even though we don't need a MLB with Blackburn backing up Pierce.

Ian Scott and Brad Johnson were the only FA signing I liked.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
To be quite frank with you Number 10, I don't like it.

Ross is going to be a 25 year old rookie.

Everett is too slow to play WLB for us after running a 4.88.

Higgins is alright but if Steve Smith, Allison, Davis, Allison or even Mike Walker are available, i'd go with them.

Marvin White is a reach.

Waters is alright, even though we don't need a MLB with Blackburn backing up Pierce.

Ian Scott and Brad Johnson were the only FA signing I liked.
-Ross is my #1 CB in this draft and option #1 would be to trade down to the 30-40 range and take him there, but like I said I kept trades out of this one.

-Everett is not slow. If you had any game tape on him you would know that. I don't value 40 times as much as some do, but let me say this. Evertett could have easily gone to one of these speed and quickness centers where they teach someone how to run a 40, technique wise so that it can be shaved by .2 seconds. However, that has nothing to do with in game speed which Everett already has. He plays laterally so well, and can drop into coverage smoothly. He is a better version of Wilkinson.

-I like Higgins a lot, very fast and very good mechanical WR. He is not just an athlete that happens to play WR. He also could be the return man we need. Allison is a late 2nd/early 3rd in my book along with Davis. I don't like Steve Smith as much as Higgins.

-White in the 4th a reach? ummmm....? At TCU's pro day, he impressed scouts again in the 40 and shuttle runs. He is also a instinctive cover man that can make plays on the ball. I am starting to think he may have to be picked in the 3rd if we want him because his stock is on the rise.

-I think Blackburn will be moved to SLB and will start the season there.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-04-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Ross is my #1 CB in this draft and option #1 would be to trade down to the 30-40 range and take him there, but like I said I kept trades out of this one.

-Everett is not slow. If you had any game tape on him you would know that. I don't value 40 times as much as some do, but let me say this. Evertett could have easily gone to one of these speed and quickness centers where they teach someone how to run a 40, technique wise so that it can be shaved by .2 seconds. However, that has nothing to do with in game speed which Everett already has. He plays laterally so well, and can drop into coverage smoothly. He is a better version of Wilkinson.

-I like Higgins a lot, very fast and very good mechanical WR. He is not just an athlete that happens to play WR. He also could be the return man we need. Allison is a late 2nd/early 3rd in my book along with Davis. I don't like Steve Smith as much as Higgins.

-White in the 4th a reach? ummmm....? At TCU's pro day, he impressed scouts again in the 40 and shuttle runs. He is also a instinctive cover man that can make plays on the ball. I am starting to think he may have to be picked in the 3rd if we want him because his stock is on the rise.

-I think Blackburn will be moved to SLB and will start the season there.

mmmm Aaron Ross sucks.... I wouldnt even like him with our second round pick.

Everett is ok, but I think he is lower then our second rounder as of right now.

I like Jordan Black and Ian Scott. But overall a bad job in the draft and I would be very disappointed
Old 03-04-2007, 07:40 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

My priorities are different than yours so my mock is different, but if they were alike, i'd draft like this...

If we go CB in the first it should be Hall, Houston or Revis. One of the three will drop to 20.

If we go LB in the second it should be Justin Durant. He worked out great, and had a very productive career at Hampton. Small School, but he has potential.

If we go WR in the third it should be Davis, Gonzo, Smith, Allison or Walker.

If we go S in the fourth it should be Josh Gattis. Watch out for Craig Dahl as a sleeper. Posted the fastest 60 yard shuttle out of ANY player at the combine and is 6'2" 215.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
mmmm Aaron Ross sucks.... I wouldnt even like him with our second round pick.

Everett is ok, but I think he is lower then our second rounder as of right now.

I like Jordan Black and Ian Scott. But overall a bad job in the draft and I would be very disappointed
I'd love to hear your asessment on Ross.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED