Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

round1-----p.willis ILB can play the outside. (i was a timmons guy untill i heard he measured at 6'0 and did poorly in the quickness and agility drills and i hear he could fall into round 2).

round2-----Q.Pitcock DT/ M.McCauley CB/ B.Meriweather S/CB / B.Leonard FB i would be fine with anyone of these fine gentleman in round 2.
hugepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
mmmm Aaron Ross sucks.... I wouldnt even like him with our second round pick.

Everett is ok, but I think he is lower then our second rounder as of right now.

I like Jordan Black and Ian Scott. But overall a bad job in the draft and I would be very disappointed

i disagree- ross does not suck, he won the thorpe award for best CB in the nation i do not think that is sucking
Earl Everett is going to b a good nfl player i think- the only objection i have to ur draft #10 is that i think u should just reverse a little- i think we can get a quality 2nd round CB like Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes, etc.
However i think LB is kind of thin and if do not nab lawrence timmons, beason, or paul poz we id b disappointed
i also object to taking a WR 3rd round and try to address Oline there

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
i disagree- ross does not suck, he won the thorpe award for best CB in the nation i do not think that is sucking
Earl Everett is going to b a good nfl player i think- the only objection i have to ur draft #10 is that i think u should just reverse a little- i think we can get a quality 2nd round CB like Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes, etc.
However i think LB is kind of thin and if do not nab lawrence timmons, beason, or paul poz we id b disappointed
i also object to taking a WR 3rd round and try to address Oline there
Hmm, I like Ross. Would be a good addition to our roster, and I think it's been proven a lot of these Texas defensive backs have done well in the NFL as of recent.

I do not like the idea of getting Hughes though, he is way too slow for my taste. Last thing I think the Giants needs is a slow defensive back. I think with the aging Madison, McQuarters and even Webster isn't the quickest guy in the world. Dockery has some major speed that I liked though. However, don't be surprised to see Hughes lighting it up for a Cover 2 team.

I really like the idea of Ross, this way at least we know one of our corners won't drop a sure interception.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ross is 25 years old. Unless he plans on stepping up his rookie season and making an impact, I don't want him. It takes corners a year or two to develop and he'll be 27 by that time. The draft is meant to bring young talent into the NFL, Ross isn't exactly young in comparison to most NFL rookies.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Ross is 25 years old. Unless he plans on stepping up his rookie season and making an impact, I don't want him. It takes corners a year or two to develop and he'll be 27 by that time. The draft is meant to bring young talent into the NFL, Ross isn't exactly young in comparison to most NFL rookies.
The draft is not about what is going to happen 10 years from now. It is more about the 3-4-5 year plan and Ross will still be young then. Him being 25 is not a big deal at all. You are blowing it way out of proportion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
The draft is not about what is going to happen 10 years from now. It is more about the 3-4-5 year plan and Ross will still be young then. Him being 25 is not a big deal at all. You are blowing it way out of proportion.
I'd have to agree with his age.. In terms of investing in a player that's 25, doesnt make sense from a business point of view in scope with the NFL. It will take him a year or two to get used to this league, and by than he would be 27 years old. Age is very important in my opinion. I look at each player as a business investment, and I'd rather go with someone younger, with alot more potential to be in the NFL, than someone whose already 25. But that's more of a personal preference i guess. I'd rather go someone whose 21 or so that's on the board than someone who'se 25 if they are close to each other in terms of talent.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I'd have to agree with his age.. In terms of investing in a player that's 25, doesnt make sense from a business point of view in scope with the NFL. It will take him a year or two to get used to this league, and by than he would be 27 years old. Age is very important in my opinion. I look at each player as a business investment, and I'd rather go with someone younger, with alot more potential to be in the NFL, than someone whose already 25. But that's more of a personal preference i guess. I'd rather go someone whose 21 or so that's on the board than someone who'se 25 if they are close to each other in terms of talent.
If you want to really dive into the business side while looking down on his age, consider this.

Look around the league and notice that CBs don't really decline in their play until they are usually 32-33-34 years old. It is arguably the most instinctive position, if not second to safety. Ross will "learn the ropes" by age 27 in your world and still have 6-7 years of quality football. That is what you expect from a player when you draft him, GMs say it all the time. You cannot count on 10 year careers and know how old Eli was when he was brought into this league.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

1. Paul Posluzny
2. Chris Houston
3. Aundrae Allison
Old 03-06-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

I Edited mine. It's very lengthy.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Ricky-

We aren't getting 4 picks for the #20 pick.

And what do you mean when you say you'll trust Spags on this one? Did he ever lobby for Hood?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ricky-

We aren't getting 4 picks for the #20 pick.

And what do you mean when you say you'll trust Spags on this one? Did he ever lobby for Hood?
Late 3rd, late 4th, late 5th for moving down 8 spots in the first seems fair. The value chart agrees with me.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Late 3rd, late 4th, late 5th for moving down 8 spots in the first seems fair. The value chart agrees with me.
Yes the value chart may agree, but teams don't give away half their draft to move up to the 20th pick. Doesn't make sense.

And even if someone did agree to that, why would you want all those later picks in a weak draft?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes the value chart may agree, but teams don't give away half their draft to move up to the 20th pick. Doesn't make sense.

And even if someone did agree to that, why would you want all those later picks in a weak draft?
Well look through my picks. There are some diamonds in the rough out there. We need depth, youth, and speed according to Reese. My draft addresses all of those areas. Look through my draft, what picks don't you like?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
We moved down practically the exact same amount last year and didn't get nearly that much, teams don't live and die by the trade value chart.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Picks I don't like-

Mebane-There are too many later round DTs I like that I feel are just as good as Mebane, why waste a 2nd on him? Again, if we don't take Okoye or Branch I don't want DT on day one.

Chandler-You fall in love with measurables way too much. Him being 6'7 does not mean that much, he is not like Plax in the sense where he knows how to use his height advantage. Also, we need a blocking TE more than a receiving threat.

Henry-Be honest here, has he not run a good 40 time would you even know who he is? I watched a lot of Arizona football and he is mediocre at best. Not much of an upgrade it at all over Ward.

Dahl-Why bring in another SS?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-07-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i want antwan barnes in the 4th.
hugepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Picks I don't like-

Mebane-There are too many later round DTs I like that I feel are just as good as Mebane, why waste a 2nd on him? Again, if we don't take Okoye or Branch I don't want DT on day one.

Chandler-You fall in love with measurables way too much. Him being 6'7 does not mean that much, he is not like Plax in the sense where he knows how to use his height advantage. Also, we need a blocking TE more than a receiving threat.

Henry-Be honest here, has he not run a good 40 time would you even know who he is? I watched a lot of Arizona football and he is mediocre at best. Not much of an upgrade it at all over Ward.

Dahl-Why bring in another SS?
Mebane is a very underrated player and he will go in round two. I don't think there is that large of a drop off between the Okoye, Branch and Mebane. He's not worth a first round pick at this point, but is definately a second rounder in my opinion. He has had a great college career and like Okoye, he can penetrate very well. He can work out at both UT and NT.

I'll admit I do fall in love with measurables too much. Chandler not using his size to his advantage is bogus. He uses his size very well. I'm sure he can implement his size and learn to block as well.

I know Henry hasn't done much in Arizona, but what did he have to work with? Arizona is a Basketball school for the most part. He does have to learn to be more patient, and work on his technique. If he does, he can be something special. I think drafting on potential is worth it after the first couple of rounds.

Dahl is very athletic and If you notice, I have Gibril and Demps switching positions. Dahl can develop into a solid player and can make an impact on specail teams right away due to his athleticism. Demps isn't exactly that young anymore and I think Dahl can eventually develop into a starter after Demps is gone.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizmoandchodey View Post
1. Paul Posluzny
2. Chris Houston
3. Aundrae Allison
dream on- i mean i would love to see this happen because houston and poz would b a great draft but houston is a top 20-25 pick so there is no way we can get both

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

oh yeah surely. tell me who is gunna draft chris houston from top 25. I mean he did have one of the best combine workouts, well probably the best, but he is way undersized at the corner, and won't be a shut down corner in the NFL. And although speed is the name of the game, and he ran a 4.32, how high can he get up there. He will be worked on in the NFL, and taken advantage of by veteran quarterbacks. I think he will actually drop to the second round and will be a valuable pick there that the Giants can get him. Not saying he's horrible but not worthy of a first round selection. Thhe Giants however do need that speedy corner in the secondary because they get burned on deep routes every season.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
How about this:

assuming we hold onto our RFAs, Grey ruegemer, and Feely

Sign:

Cato June- sign him to a 3 year deal for a decent amount of $$$

Dominic Rhodes- 2 year deal to backup Brandon Jacobs

Travis Fisher- a solid starting CB who isnt that old. Sign him to a 3 year deal.

Cato June (OLB)-would be a good pickup. He is a speedy LBer and still a young player. He obviously lacks size, but he brings the speed that we lack.

Dominic Rhodes (RB) is a nice pickup to backup Jacobs and split carries with. good pass catcher out of the backfield

Travis Fisher (CB) is a guy who should give us some help in the secondary and be a capable starter. Madison and Fisher is all rite and hopefully Underwood or Dockery shows something

Overall I think that it would help our Defense out tremendously and give us more options in the draft. June is a nice player and a fairly good fit. Fisher helps our secondary, and Rhodes is exactly what we should be looking add to compliment Jacobs.

Draft:

Round 1- Robert Meachem/Ted Ginn Jr./Dwayne Jarrett- I am a fan of all 3 of these guys. Chances are 1 of them is gone. But all 3 are going to be excellent players. Jarrett has great size, nice hands, great jumping ability, is physical, can block, and comes through in the clutch. Ginn has phenomenol speed and loads of potential, as well as an excellent return man. Meachem is the most well rounded of the 3 and is going to be an excellent player. anyone of them would be an excellent reciever for our team for years to come.

Round 2- Eric Weddle- a great safety who is gonna do great things in this league. since we got a CB, now we need a safety and Weddle would be great. Not gonna go in depth cause I am sure you guys know all about him.

Round 3- Stewart Bradley- Even though we signed June, we still have one major question mark in our LB core. While I think that Wilkinson or Blackburn will be able to play, I would still take Bradley in the 3rd. he has great intangibles and plays smart. he would be able to contribute on special teams and in a backup role. In a couple years, he should be able to become a nice starter.

Round 4- Manny Ramirez- strong player. Not gonna repeat this one. Can bench 550 though.

Round 5 Jonathan Wade- the guy has great potential. He had a nice senior year as well. He is very fast if nothing else and considering the division we play in, that will help.

Round 6- BPA RB/Yamon Figurs. Dont really know who would be available. Look for a RB to replace Ward, and a DT.

Round 7- BPA

I'm all for Travis fisher and Rhodes truthfully, but not for June- hes not worth handing out money and i would much rather draft a LB 1st round

1st round- im really against drafting a WR 1st need- its not an immediate need and we have many other needs. Even though u hav us signing fisher, CB could still b addressed, LB can b addressed in timmons- defense defense
2nd round- eric weddle is ok i think only if we lose wilson to RFA- then well have an xtra 2nd round pick and Weddle, Merriweather if he falls or even Nelson 1st round would b nice but not if we dont lose wilson
3rd round - Good pick
4th round- i do not think manny drops to the bottom of the 4th round- i would b very surprised especially after a great combine
5th round- i dont think wade drops that far either
6th round - great pick

i mean 1 of the major problems in ur mock is that the 1st 2 round picks would not start right away for us and we need players to come in right now and make an impact

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-13-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Update my mock draft. Check it out. No Timmons in round one.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Slasher28
Rookie

Slasher28 needs more cowbell.

The players that i've liked since before the combine:
Darrelle Revis, Chris Houston, Leon Hall (iffy), ARRON ROSS, Earl Everette, Steve Breaston, JON BEASON, LORENZO BOOKER, Ben Patrick, Marvin White, Brandon Meriweather, John Talley, TARELL BROWN- has some character issues and broke arm in the national championship game, Fred Bennet, Desmond Bishop, Justin Durant, Prescott Burgess, Kareem Brown, Quentin Moses, Chase Pittman, Justin Blalock, Aaron Sears, Brandon Frye, Corey Hilliard, Chris Davis, Rhema McKnight, Paul Williams, Sidney Rice, Aundrae Allison, Cory Anderson, MARSHAWN LYNCH, Selvin Young, Thomas Clayton-smallish unknown fast RB, Drew Tate- has the most guts I've seen in a QB, and we should try to get this guy in rounds 3-5, he led the LBs in every event except one, I just forget the one

Quincy Black
Height: 6-15/8 | Weight: 240 | 40-Time: 4.50

Official Bio

Strengths:
An outstanding athlete...Has great timed speed...Is fluid and does a tremendous job in coverage...Has good range and a burst to close in pursuit...Has very good instincts and seems to always be around the ball...Has a great motor...Ball skills are above average...Great blitzer...Smart with solid intangibles...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Needs to get stronger...Is not overly tough or physical...Has some trouble getting off blocks...Does not play as fast as he ran in workouts...Needs to do a better job versus the run...Footwork and technique are sub par...A bit of an underachiever?

Notes:
Attended Harper College near Chicago (IL) before coming to the Lobos...Has all the physical tools you look for and he was a true workout warrior at the Scouting Combine...Has a 40+-inch vertical leap...A very intriguing developmental guy who may get pushed up draft boards in such a weak year for the linebacker position.
Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT
2003 JUCO - - - - -
2004 12 18 0.0 0.0 0 0
2005 11 63 3.5 1.5 5 1
2006 13 114 1.0 0.0 4 3
Totals 36 195 4.5 1.5 9 4

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope
Slasher28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

chris houston has hada great combine workout but is very indersized at the corner
Old 03-15-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How to figure? I'd be estatic to take him in the first, he really fits into our system
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

no doubt about it he is a great corner but i dont think he is worth our #20 pick. Although we do need some speed in our defense the only way i would draft a corner is if Hall came to us. I would take Houston though if Poz,Brown,Timmons, and Hall all got picked up before our pick