Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ocho Cinco puts a stamp on his position

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I saw that. A first round pick is definitly out of the question now. Maybe even a 2nd as well.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is turning into the Javon Walker saga.......... well kind of only Johnson has proven alot more.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I'd quickly give a second and third to the bengals for him...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
This is turning into the Javon Walker saga.......... well kind of only Johnson has proven alot more.
yeah 85 has had more than one good season

I think Washington has to make a move for him

Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

punk. i hope Palmer whips his ass if he decides to show up to any offseason stuff. Maybe that would shut him up.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I'd quickly give a second and third to the bengals for him...
The reason why you shouldn't is because now teams have all the chips in the world in their favor. Everyone knows that the only thing the Bengals can do is trade or cut, and there is no reason to cut him. I say he won't go for anything higher than a 3rd on draft day.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god i beg that he comes to dc!!!
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No reason to think he's worth anything less than a second.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt even think twice about giving a second. get it done dan!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, thank goodness for the retards at ESPN because who else would listen to this dumbass. Who cares what he says, he's under contract to the Cincinnati Bengals and he's not going to get out of this situation and criticism like a mouthy coward. Compiling stats and thinking up touchdown celebrations doesn't cut it long-term, you need to be consistent and help your team get to the playoffs.

It's funny that he wants to get traded to a team in the playoffs, considering it's players like Chad Johnson that make a team don't get to the playoffs in the first place.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
yeah 85 has had more than one good season
In the two seasons before we traded him Walker had over 2000 yards and 21 TDs. He was becoming one of the top WRs. It's the injuries more then anything and then the attitude problems. No one questioned what he can do when he's actually on the field.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
The reason why you shouldn't is because now teams have all the chips in the world in their favor. Everyone knows that the only thing the Bengals can do is trade or cut, and there is no reason to cut him. I say he won't go for anything higher than a 3rd on draft day.
a team in need of a true number one receiver will definitely force the Bengals to trade him....and I imagine they won't give him up for any less than a second round pick...I can see something happening like what happened with Meshawn Johnson and the Bucs where the team suspended him....

but I don't see them cutting him...
Old 04-16-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Ugh, thank goodness for the retards at ESPN because who else would listen to this dumbass. Who cares what he says, he's under contract to the Cincinnati Bengals and he's not going to get out of this situation and criticism like a mouthy coward. Compiling stats and thinking up touchdown celebrations doesn't cut it long-term, you need to be consistent and help your team get to the playoffs.

It's funny that he wants to get traded to a team in the playoffs, considering it's players like Chad Johnson that make a team don't get to the playoffs in the first place.
with all due respect...I think the Bengals don't get to the playoffs because they don't have a defense...
princefielder28
Legend

Anyone think there's a chance Dallas makes run at him???

Maybe swap their 28th pick for Cincinnati's 2nd and Dallas throws in a 4th/5th round pick.

That would be scary

Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is really depressing. Before all the cinci fans come in and start saying they hope we trade him - we will basically have no chance of winning our division without chad - we need him. But if he absolutely refuses to play in cincinnati, I hope we hold his contract for a year and he doesn't play at all (I know its a very unlikely situation, just really boils my blood that he is getting so mad).

And whats worse, is he stirs up all this needless drama about wanting to leave, and then the media storms TJ and Carson about it, so carson tries to get the media of his back by saying "Chad will be there in training camp". Then Chad goes onto ESPN to say "I wish he would stay out of my business" - Do people not realize when you're shouting at every media outlet possible to get your voice heard than it really stops becoming your business and starts becoming the public's business?

... I'm so mad right now ><
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals in 2006, like the Jags that season, were on the doorstep of making the playoffs but just couldn't make it.

Hilarious how he thinks he's the best player on the Bengals. LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it).

I feel for Carson, for having had put up with this **** for so long. It's hard enough playing quarterback in the league, Michael Irvin would say he'd blame himself for a bad pass rather than Troy Aikman to not place any additional pressure/grief on him.
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Im surprised to see no one mention Oakland.
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we could still win our division without Chad. We need another receiver for sure, but im confident enough in what Carson can do that without Chad we could still be successful. The defense needs to come into its own though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Im surprised to see no one mention Oakland.
what would oakland give the Bengals?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Anyone think there's a chance Dallas makes run at him???

Maybe swap their 28th pick for Cincinnati's 2nd and Dallas throws in a 4th/5th round pick.

That would be scary
I don't think that is that fair. The 28th pick for 46th pick? so we move up less than 20 spots and get a 4th/5th round pick for at least a top 5 WR? I realize he's devalued because he wants out of Cincinnati, but I also doubt that trade works out
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

you guys hear that?? sounds to me like Redskins One taking off in the distance...

Old 04-16-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
This is really depressing. Before all the cinci fans come in and start saying they hope we trade him - we will basically have no chance of winning our division without chad - we need him. But if he absolutely refuses to play in cincinnati, I hope we hold his contract for a year and he doesn't play at all (I know its a very unlikely situation, just really boils my blood that he is getting so mad).

And whats worse, is he stirs up all this needless drama about wanting to leave, and then the media storms TJ and Carson about it, so carson tries to get the media of his back by saying "Chad will be there in training camp". Then Chad goes onto ESPN to say "I wish he would stay out of my business" - Do people not realize when you're shouting at every media outlet possible to get your voice heard than it really stops becoming your business and starts becoming the public's business?

... I'm so mad right now ><
No you don't. I think TJ Houshmandzadeh is actually a better receiver than Chad Johnson.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Everyone here saying that Johnson will garner a 1st or an early 2nd are crazy. Teams are staying away from head cases and they also know that they have all of the leverage in negotionations of trades with the Bengals. There are reasons why fans thought that Walker and Moss would go higher than they actually did.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I don't think that is that fair. The 28th pick for 46th pick? so we move up less than 20 spots and get a 4th/5th round pick for at least a top 5 WR? I realize he's devalued because he wants out of Cincinnati, but I also doubt that trade works out
According to the value chart that would be the equivalent of pick #72 so early mid 3rd rounder plus 4th or 5th round. The situations are all different but Walker got a 2nd, Welker a 2nd, Moss a 4th. They know he doesn't want to stay in Cincy but teams will definitely want him and have to outbid eachother so his price will go up. He has proven he is a dominant WR and a team that doesn't want to wait for a rookie WR to develop will pay. I dont see how he couldn't go for a 2nd its definitely not to much at all. I sure think lots of teams will be interested so his price will stay up.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote