Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No you don't. I think TJ Houshmandzadeh is actually a better receiver than Chad Johnson.
No I don't what?

And TJ plays a different style than Chad, every cinci fan that thinks TJ is better than chad doesn't really understand. TJ compliments chad, and chad compliments TJ - they are different types of receivers, its like comparing apple's and oranges. TJ can be our number 1, but then we need a deep threat number 2 still. Which Holt, Gabriel and Chatman can't fill right now (maybe by the end of training camp though)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i think the bucc's should trade there 1st round pick for 85, if miami can get him for a 2nd do it
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
No I don't what?

And TJ plays a different style than Chad, every cinci fan that thinks TJ is better than chad doesn't really understand. TJ compliments chad, and chad compliments TJ - they are different types of receivers, its like comparing apple's and oranges. TJ can be our number 1, but then we need a deep threat number 2 still. Which Holt, Gabriel and Chatman can't fill right now (maybe by the end of training camp though)
You don't need Chad Johnson to be successful. You said the Bengals have no chance of winning without Chad Johnson. I find that statement absurd. Aside from that, Chad Johnson is a good player, sure, however I don't think he's worth the headache he's giving the organization at this time. Why would you want a player that doesn't want to be there? Get rid of him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
According to the value chart that would be the equivalent of pick #72 so early mid 3rd rounder plus 4th or 5th round. The situations are all different but Walker got a 2nd, Welker a 2nd, Moss a 4th. They know he doesn't want to stay in Cincy but teams will definitely want him and have to outbid eachother so his price will go up. He has proven he is a dominant WR and a team that doesn't want to wait for a rookie WR to develop will pay. I dont see how he couldn't go for a 2nd its definitely not to much at all. I sure think lots of teams will be interested so his price will stay up.
After reading your statement and a couple of other's I'll concede I guess. I hate comparing chad to the other receivers though, because like you said all their situations were different. People thought Moss had lost a step and was slowing down and becoming less productive, Walker was/is plagued by injuries and Welker wasn't that productive before the pats. Chad is still putting up crazy numbers, even in 07', his big problem is teams are going to look at him as a risk because of how he acts - and I don't know how that reflects on the value of a player in comparison to the others.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You don't need Chad Johnson to be successful. You said the Bengals have no chance of winning without Chad Johnson. I find that statement absurd. Aside from that, Chad Johnson is a good player, sure, however I don't think he's worth the headache he's giving the organization at this time. Why would you want a player that doesn't want to be there? Get rid of him.

We don't need Chad Johnson to be a successful team, but we have to replace the numbers he put up, which an average receiver like chatman / Holt / Gabriel are not going to do. And Receivers are notorious for being terrible their 1st year - so drafting one won't help with 08'. And if we repeat our running game from last year, then we certainly aren't getting those numbers out of it.

Now, with the loss of a top tier talent WR and our incredibly strong division (browns 10-6 last year, and they fixed a lot of their problems in FA already. Steelers are always good. And Ravens can always put pressure on this league simply because that defense is so good) I honestly do not think we have a shot to win our division this year with out chad johnson.

Also, the AFC-North's schedule is so ridiculously tough right now, I can almost garuntee it will produce no wild cards.

So we're banking on miracles at this point =/
Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd and a 4th do it danny boy
Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We don't need Chad Johnson to be a successful team, but we have to replace the numbers he put up, which an average receiver like chatman / Holt / Gabriel are not going to do. And Receivers are notorious for being terrible their 1st year - so drafting one won't help with 08'. And if we repeat our running game from last year, then we certainly aren't getting those numbers out of it.

Now, with the loss of a top tier talent WR and our incredibly strong division (browns 10-6 last year, and they fixed a lot of their problems in FA already. Steelers are always good. And Ravens can always put pressure on this league simply because that defense is so good) I honestly do not think we have a shot to win our division this year with out chad johnson.

Also, the AFC-North's schedule is so ridiculously tough right now, I can almost garuntee it will produce no wild cards.

So we're banking on miracles at this point =/
You guys have had Chad Johnson and haven't had a winning season since 2005. I would trade Chad Johnson for an upgraded defense no question. I have confidence that your offense could still be productive. But really, I think your problems have come on the defensive side of the football, not the offensive side. You shouldn't have to have a shootout to win your games every single time. You need balance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Chad doesn't want to be the Marvin to Carson's Peyton anymore. Oh well. He's a great player, and he's caught way too much flack for Cincy's losing ways. I look forward to seeing him in another uni, as long as it's not in the AFC West.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read this today, thought it was relevant

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.2c3df60.html

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty interesting article. it makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
I don't think that is that fair. The 28th pick for 46th pick? so we move up less than 20 spots and get a 4th/5th round pick for at least a top 5 WR? I realize he's devalued because he wants out of Cincinnati, but I also doubt that trade works out
the diff in picks is either a mid 3rd or a late 2nd depending on what trade value chart your using (not including the 4th/5th)
Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I'd quickly give a second and third to the bengals for him...
I would too, but you have to worry will he be as big of a headache where ever he goes just like he was in Cincy?
Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
we could still win our division without Chad. We need another receiver for sure, but im confident enough in what Carson can do that without Chad we could still be successful. The defense needs to come into its own though.
Ye...you aint got a chance to win the division untill the defence gets sorted out. You'd do well to get an extra pick or two for CJ, and stock up on D'.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Send him to the Eagles after June 1st. I think the Eagles will work out a trade and be like we will do it after June 1st.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This was posted earlier on the Raider forum:

well for starters im not a fan of that show it sucks I was just browsing. Chad was the special guest and they start talking about the celebrations, the bengals blah and Carson asks him about "who is the cb you love to go up against?" and he said "Deangelo is my boy"
"we talk so much smack in a game you could make a book about it" then chad out of nowhere is like "HEY...you know he signed ummmm with the Raiders right???"

Then out of nowhere Chad is like "Come on get me Al, Ill help your rookie out..im serious!!!" and everyone was like silent.

just wanted to share this
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Bengals in 2006, like the Jags that season, were on the doorstep of making the playoffs but just couldn't make it.

Hilarious how he thinks he's the best player on the Bengals. LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it).

I feel for Carson, for having had put up with this **** for so long. It's hard enough playing quarterback in the league, Michael Irvin would say he'd blame himself for a bad pass rather than Troy Aikman to not place any additional pressure/grief on him.

Chad might be acting like a d*ck, but I disagree with TJ being better...and its pretty hard for you to make that claim being that Chad sees #1 cornerbacks week in and out, coverages shift towards Chad, and defenses gameplan to stop Chad, TJ has yet to play a full season with all that going against him, and until he does, I refuse to say he is better then Chad, he hasnt seen nearly the coverage Chad has, and hasnt played at a high level for as long...I just think its funny when certain guys start to act crazy off the field it makes people want to act like their not as good of a player, just because he whines like a baby doesnt mean he's not their best WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chad you idiot, carson is a top 5 QB in the NFL, where is he gonna go to find one as good as him?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fabian Washington and a 4th for Johnson. I'd do it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
chad you idiot, carson is a top 5 QB in the NFL, where is he gonna go to find one as good as him?
he should goto the patriots
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of reports from forums on the internet i searched on google say

"According to radio reports in Oakland and Cincy the Raiders have offered a deal for Chad Johnson. The deal includes Stuart Schweigert, Fabian Washington, and a 2009 draft pick (2nd and 4th) for Ocho Cinco."

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Bengals fan, I hope that this works out kind of like the Kobe/Lakers incident did last year. Bryant wanted out, didn't get what he wanted, and then used that to fuel his team to the playoffs.

Chad's not that type.

I hate that he's saying he wants out because he doesn't like the direction they're going in. Last year was just a bizzare year where everything that could go wrong did go wrong (injury wise). With that said, they still went 7-9. The defense played really well the 2nd half of the season, they have a STUD QB, a WR opposite him that allows him to get open, a city that (used) to adore everything he did, and they're about to get an immediate impact player in the draft. This team could easily bounce right back.

He's complaining about the Bengals, yet he's wanting to be traded to teams like Oakland and Miami? Here's the real problem, last year the Cincinnati fans and media really got tired of his act. The guy doesn't take criticism well at all. He started boycotting the local media because they began to question him and ask if he was a distraction.

He also signed a longtime contract a few years ago that would have made him 'a Bengal for life'. The contract was frontloaded heavily and now Chad isn't making what he once did. He wants more money.

Just imagine the tantrums he would have if he had a QB like Jason Campbell.

I'd like to see the Bengals call his bluff and make all of this backfire.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers could trade James Jones (3rd round pick last year, had the third best WR season) and their second they received from Cleveland for him, if they thought his head would be in the game in GB. I look at TO going to Dallas and Moss going to NE, so it is possible that if you have the right staff and situation you can handle these WR divas. Not sure Chad would like competing for reps with Donald Driver and Greg jennings, but that would be a pretty good reason to go three wide...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Fabian Washington and a 4th for Johnson. I'd do it.
Keep dreaming, we dont even need a CB.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
he doesn't have to go to a team that has a gun slinger for a QB...he could easily go to the Skins, Jags, or Bucs and thrive there...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always think its funny when a guy complains about losing, and that he wants to win and go to a winner, then a few weeks later you hear about them getting traded to the Raiders lol...That would be fun to see, personally I dont want Chad in Dallas so I hope we dont come knocking, not just the pick its the attention he brings, Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin are just as good, younger and alot quieter in the lockeroom...Also his contract would be tough to manage, maybe they want Roy Williams and Akin Ayodele with a pick, that be pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote