Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-06-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Sergio Kindle would be nasty on the Ravens. Anyways as for wideouts I'd give Benn the slight edge over Bryant. Bryant is definitely the better vertical threat which is important to give Flacco but Benn is a better combo of some vertical threat but also the ability to take a 2 yard pass and make it a 15 yard gain ala Anquan Boldin.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys, didnt wanna start a topic on this but I was wondering which Jersey I should get, I already got Heap, Flacco, and R. Lewis. also got a Reed but its too small for me.

Terrell Suggs or Ed Reed?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally want a Gaither or Ngata.....but if I had to choose from those 2 it would be Suggs.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Reed all the way.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason I said Suggs is because EVERYONE has a Reed jersey.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
The only reason I said Suggs is because EVERYONE has a Reed jersey.
yeah, that's why I was leaning towards Suggs as well.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point. I live in Michigan so I don't really get to see who's wearing what jersey and how many people are wearing them. Suggs is a great choice as well, as is Ngata.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An Oher jersey would be a pretty cool one to have. Just wait till the movie about his life staring Sandra Bullock comes out in a couple of months, his name will be even more mainstream.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its all about a #43 Nakamura jersey!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Nakamura was rated one of the top 5 sexiest Raven men. just putting that out there, lol.

also, what color should I go with?

Purple(home)
White(away)
Black
Old 10-03-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course I know this, why else would I want his jersey?? jk

And the answer is Black or White, never get a purple jersey!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sure you guys know this story better than most, but ESPN 30 for 30 is doing a documentary about the Colts leaving and the attempt to get an NFL team back in Baltimore. It is by Barry Levinson and titled "The Band That Wouldn't Die". It'll air this Tuesday night.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

did anyone else see this?

Jared Allen and Michael Oher going at it -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-michael-oher/

Quote:
After Sunday's game between the Vikings and Ravens, Baltimore rookie tackle Michael Oher had some surprising words regarding a certain mullet-headed, crazy-ass, calf-roping defensive end named Jared Allen.

"There is nothing really special about him," Oher said. "I think he found out I'm an OK player. Guy makes like $100 million. I think I did all right."

Allen responded during Monday's After Party on FOXSports.com, with Jay Glazer.

"Well that's just some idiot trying to talk himself up," Allen said. "I beat that dude like a red-headed stepchild, let's be honest. If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day? Ask him that.

"That's just a rookie trying to build his self-confidence up. Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter. That guy [Oher] will watch film today and realize. Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him."
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Im running the Ravens yet again in the forum mock. I know my last draft wasnt popular, Im hoping I receive better reactions this time around. First order of business was an interdivision trade with the Bengals.

Ravens Receive:
Chris Henry

Bengals Receive:
Todd Heap
6th Rounder

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yuck. Unless you plan on going after a TE early in the draft, we have none at the position.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Yuck. Unless you plan on going after a TE early in the draft, we have none at the position.
We are rocking LJ Smith!

No, but I did plan on targeting a TE early if the opportunity presented itself. I felt Henry could definitely start for us, and regardless of his attitude issues, hes a talent. I gave up an aging TE for a young receiver coming into his own. I dunno, I felt like it was a good trade.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Oh no I can see why you did it, but it just seems like upgrading one position at the expense of another.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Ok, here is the newest development in the Forum Mock:

Baltimore gets:
  • Detroit's 1st round pick (16 via San Diego)
Detroit gets:
  • S, Dawan Landry
  • Baltimore's 2nd round pick (49)
  • Baltimore's 3rd round pick (81)
I now have back to back first rounders, 16/17. Probably gunna trade down out of one of them, but looking to pick up a WR/CB with the other, depending on who is available. This leaves Nakamura or Zbikowski to start at the S position. Thoughts?
Quote:
Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would I think both could be on Landry level or better. Go 4 it
Old 10-31-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ok, here is the newest development in the Forum Mock:

Baltimore gets:
  • Detroit's 1st round pick (16 via San Diego)
Detroit gets:
  • S, Dawan Landry
  • Baltimore's 2nd round pick (49)
  • Baltimore's 3rd round pick (81)
I now have back to back first rounders, 16/17. Probably gunna trade down out of one of them, but looking to pick up a WR/CB with the other, depending on who is available. This leaves Nakamura or Zbikowski to start at the S position. Thoughts?
Well make sure Taylor Mays isn't still available first. Then after that if you could land say Dez+Haden or something like that, than it would be golden. Also if the CB or WR value isn't there don't reach on someone like Gresham look at an impact player maybe like a Kindle or Rolando McClain to eventually replace Ray Lewis. IMO none of the senior WR's are worth using the 17th pick for if the underclassmen are gone. Try to trade down.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corners need to be a priority! And I'm strangely comfortable with the Chris Henry trade......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Corners need to be a priority! And I'm strangely comfortable with the Chris Henry trade......
Henry has always been a talent. I think he is a solid #2 in this league. Right now, some prospects Im looking into at other positions then WR/CB

1. Sergio Kindle
2. Terrence Cody
3. Corey Wootton
4. Jermaine Gresham
5. Taylor Mays
Quote:
Old 10-31-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

TERRANCE CODY!!!!!! Prolly my favorite prospect in the whole draft imagine a line with him and Ngata on it......I cant its too much!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-31-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray will play til he is 45 if Cody and Ngata are starting next to each other.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
TERRANCE CODY!!!!!! Prolly my favorite prospect in the whole draft imagine a line with him and Ngata on it......I cant its too much!!!
IDK, is it me or did it seem like Ngata was more effective at NT last year than at DE like he plays this year? Although that would be an insanely huge interior line...