Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Tom_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft Rumor from NFL Network

Adam Schefter reports the Saints really want Dorsey

#2 to New Orleans

#10, 2nd rounder and 09 1st rounder
Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell
Tom_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Trolfes
Rookie

Trolfes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This was on the main draft board a little earlier. I think the rams would be very dumb to trade out of the top 6 for only a second rounder. With Linehan in a Win or Die mode, I simply don't see this happening. The only way the Rams trade back is if they stay top 6 and get good picks for this year.

NCAA- FSU

Tulane football will be bowling next year
Trolfes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

I don't know, that would be a tough decision. It really just depends on what kind of value the Rams think they can get at 10. The 1st round pick next year shouldn't be overlooked either, because a realistic goal for the Rams being a possible Superbowl contender would be in 2009-2010, not this year. My main hang up is that many feel this draft has a noticable drop off after the top 7 or so guys.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That deal looks good but it would be hard to pass up C. Long or Dorsey. At #10 they would have to hope someone like Derrick Harvey or Sedrick Ellis is there if they still want to go DL. But New Orleans pick in the 2nd round is #40. So they could also get Quentin Groves with that pick or thier own pick in the 2nd plus a WR. So it would be hard to pass up, but if the Saints really want Dorsey maybe they'll sweeten the deal.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm the Rams, I need more compensation in this year's draft than simply a second round pick to drop eight spots in the top ten.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
If I'm the Rams, I need more compensation in this year's draft than simply a second round pick to drop eight spots in the top ten.
Colston? Well we can wish.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's hard. First blush I'd yell take it. But that means they aren't getting a DE or DT in the first round unless you trade up. Meaning Clady is your first round pick. and you are trying to find a decent DE in the 2nd round unless Merling falls you're pretty screwed..

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of trades, this is me thinking out loud but what about a trade with Baltimore? You would think they would be interested in moving a head of Atlanta so they could select Matt Ryan.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think New Orleans' 1st round pick in 2009 will be in the 20s for sure. They should do the trade. If I were N.O. I might go up a little less to get Sedrick Ellis who is a bargain at #5 or #7. St.Louis would be able to get maybe Derrick Harvey and ammo to move up to get Desean Jackson, and an extra first in 2009.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think New Orleans' 1st round pick in 2009 will be in the 20s for sure. They should do the trade. If I were N.O. I might go up a little less to get Sedrick Ellis who is a bargain at #5 or #7. St.Louis would be able to get maybe Derrick Harvey and ammo to move up to get Desean Jackson, and an extra first in 2009.
Eh, I still don't think Derrick Harvey is worth a top 10 pick but that's just my opinion. If Rams do trade back to #10 I would like Mike Jenkins, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Keith Rivers or Branden Albert.

Maybe even Sedrick Ellis but I'm kind of hesitate on taking Ellis.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't take the trade.

However, based off of Scott's mock draft we could land with the 10th pick...Thomas WR, our choice of cornerbacks, or several offensive lineman. If they did make the trade I'd like to see them go...
1.10 Rodgers-Cromartie CB
2.2 Lawerence Jackson DE
2.10 Top Olineman (Baker, Brown, Cousins, Collins, Nicks)
3.2 Manningham

otherwise if we stayed put...
1.2 Long DE
2.2 Baker OT
3.2 Manningham

The drop off in talent after the Longs, Golston, Dorsey, and McFadden is just to much IMO.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote