Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i'm not opposed to an nfl franchise being that close to my house. actually would enjoy that.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
We dont need any more teams.
Yep, the number is perfectly even right now. Unless they are moving a team that is getting poor attendance? But I cannot think of one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't want an expansion team, or 2 for that matter.

the league is watered down as is, adding 2 teams would water it down even more. i don't want that. LA is too fickle anyway, they don't deserve a team.

If a team moves there, so be it. But im heavily opposed to expansion teams.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

thats a nice stadium drawing
Old 04-17-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a relocation of an existing team to LA is very possible.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Sarf, where did you find those pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sarf and I will be at the new stadium picking up all the bitches.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I think a relocation of an existing team to LA is very possible.
Didn't the Saints want to move to LA? That would be terrible if that happened.

I doubt it now though. If one team were to move, I guess i could see Buffalo relocating there over Toronto, or perhaps Jacksonville, Carolina, or ? i really have no idea, im just throwing names out there.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leave the Raiders in oakland.
Move
Buffalo
Jacksonville
minnesota
Atlanta
San Diego
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is really no team in the NFL that is a prime candidate for a relocation.

As much as I hate to say it, Saints were probably the closest, but I doubt they'd move.

I hope it won't an expansion because the current alignment is PERFECT.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-17-2008 at 10:19 AM.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I think the answer lies somewhere in those 10,000 covered seats.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Didn't the Saints want to move to LA? That would be terrible if that happened.
That was San Antonio during the year of the whole Katrina disaster.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post

I think the answer lies somewhere in those 10,000 covered seats.
well that's just ********...the seats were covered because the Stadium at capacity fits 80,000...and to think a small market team like Jacksonville could continue to fill it, after the excitement of landing a team wore off, is dumb...so 10,000 seats were covered...

Weaver said as long as he owns the Jaguars they will never move...he's deeply rooted in the community and has no intentions of selling the franchise either...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Hey Sarf, where did you find those pics?
http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
sarf and I will be at the new stadium picking up all the bitches.
Sounds like a plan Fly, hit me on the hip.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Sounds like a plan Fly, hit me on the hip.
LOL, good one. You got me.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
well that's just ********...the seats were covered because the Stadium at capacity fits 80,000...and to think a small market team like Jacksonville could continue to fill it, after the excitement of landing a team wore off, is dumb...so 10,000 seats were covered...

Weaver said as long as he owns the Jaguars they will never move...he's deeply rooted in the community and has no intentions of selling the franchise either...
Being a small market is not an excuse for an NFL franchise to have to cover 10,000 seats, especially a franchise that has been as good as the Jaguars. The fan base just isn't there, even with the seats full the Jags have some of the worst attendance in the NFL percentage-wise and still get multiple games blacked out.

If the owner is committed, than so be it, but the Jags just don't have the fan base that they should, regardless of market size. If anything the market size itself should be reason to move.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...re-team-to-L.A.

According to this some of the possible teams that would be interested in relocation would be the Minnesota Vikings, San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints and Jacksonville Jaguars.

The one that would make the most sense would be the Chargers, since they would stay in the state. Most of their fan-base in that area would already be established and they'd get a nice new stadium.

Don't count out the Vikes though..
Old 04-18-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

that stadium has more press boxes then every stadium in the NFL put together...jesus christ

As for teams relocating I read something about Jacksonville, San Diego, and New Orleans....

Of those teams, the most probable one would be Chargers, its not that far of a move and they are in desperate need of a new stadium considering Qualcomm is the equivalent of poo on a stick...

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are the Jaguars labeled "small market" exactly? Isn't Jacksonville the highest population city in Florida, by almost double?

I know there were already 2 NFL teams down there, but I'm not sure I'd call it a "small market".
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Why are the Jaguars labeled "small market" exactly? Isn't Jacksonville the highest population city in Florida, by almost double?

I know there were already 2 NFL teams down there, but I'm not sure I'd call it a "small market".
no, jacksonville is not the most populated....it's got a lot of people, but cities such as Orlando, Miami and even Tampa have more people per capita....

Jacksonville is the largest city in the United States, land wise....the small market refers to the revenue it pulls in...Jacksonville is mainly a middle class city, blue collar town...

and in response that about the Jaguars not being able to sell out tickets....they do sell out tickets but in a majority of the cases in which games were blacked out the games were sold out after the games were blacked out...

I agree that the Jaguars shouldn't have problems selling tickets with them being very good for the past few seasons....but I have a feeling that will change this season....
Old 04-18-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be weird if the Vikes, Chargers or Saints were to move to LA. I'm so used to those teams being associated with those towns. At least with the Jags they were a recent addition to the league and not an AFL or original NFL team. Granted, the Chargers used to be in LA when they were first founded. The Saints almost moved to San Antonio... Vikes were another pre-merger NFL team. Just weird to think about. I wonder if they would change their logo/team name?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

I really don't think the Jags would move to LA....they would almost have to realign the divisions for that to happen...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually they could just make the Jags an AFC West team and move KC to the AFC South, or the Jags an NFC West team and the Rams in the AFC South. They'd be breaking some pretty significant rivalries though (more so with the former, AFCW is just too historical to do that to).

And I guess the net isn't a very accurate tool to research city populations because the only sources I can find suggest Jax has considerably more people than any other Florida city.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should move the Rams back to LA since no one in St. Louis gives a donkeys boner about them.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inglewood or Carson would be great, that's the two closet to me

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote