Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh...if it's not the Raiders I don't really give a rats ass who LA brings....won't go to the games anyways. Only positive I would see is bringing the Chargers and then I can watch the Raiders when they come play the Chargers

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moving the chargers wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Half the people in socal are chargers fans anyways. It would suck for the people in San Diego but the drive isn't horrible.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Moving the chargers wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Half the people in socal are chargers fans anyways. It would suck for the people in San Diego but the drive isn't horrible.
Thing is that the majority of people in San Diego don't care. And the ones who do will make the drive.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This article is a useful read on the situation.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...toxic-stadium/

The quote below is in regard to building a new stadium in San Diego.

Quote:
“We’re done, finished (if Brown’s proposal becomes policy),” Chargers spokesman Mark Fabiani said Friday. “Redevelopment money is an essential part of the downtown concept and without it, the project is dead.”
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
This article is a useful read on the situation.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...toxic-stadium/

The quote below is in regard to building a new stadium in San Diego.
Very good article.

If the city of LA can't sell the bonds, I'd be more than happy for the City of Industry proposal to get the stadium, as it would be about six miles from my house. Truth be told, I think it makes more sense from an infrastructure standpoint, as there is a **** ton of land there, the freeway system at that location can bring a ton of people in and out quickly (unlike downtown LA), and the City of Industry is centered around, well, industry and business.

On the other hand, I can see why the powers at be are pushing for downtown LA, as it has more sex appeal. The company that did it transformed the area around Staples center from an utter ghetto to a place where you can actually take your kids if you want to.

Either way, it seems like a team is coming regardless and the ball will really get moving after the new CBA is agreed to.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Either way, it seems like a team is coming regardless and the ball will really get moving after the new CBA is agreed to.
so it begs the question, do you remain a Jags fan? haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
disagree. i think LA is worth more to the TV contract without a team. you can always play the premier games there. if they have a team? suddenly you might be stuck watching a 4-12 team for one of the games. given that LA can't support a non-winning team to begin with, i can't imagine they'd actually tune into that game.
Eh, the NFL and networks have already been conditioning us for it. Once the Chargers started doing well again, the NFL decided Los Angeles was an extended media market of SD, so we've had Charger games for the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
so it begs the question, do you remain a Jags fan? haha
It depends on who comes.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's an AFC team so I can see the Browns more.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Excited for the new LA based NFL team, I can't wait to see which player is forced to marry a Kardashian."
-Paul Scheer

Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"Excited for the new LA based NFL team, I can't wait to see which player is forced to marry a Kardashian."
-Paul Scheer
hhahah, haha.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
disagree. i think LA is worth more to the TV contract without a team. you can always play the premier games there. if they have a team? suddenly you might be stuck watching a 4-12 team for one of the games. given that LA can't support a non-winning team to begin with, i can't imagine they'd actually tune into that game.
I actually think the idea of markets doesn't matter anymore. Even so, the TV execs and negotiators still use the concept to try to attract the biggest ad revenues. With the Sunday Ticket package, local fan bases mean little to the bottom line. The big difference will be in overall revenues. The stadium will make the owners richer for shared revenues and private revenues. This probably bodes well for the future salary cap. In the end, LA should be able to support an NFL team, given its populace, but it has yet to be a viable solution.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
does the NFL actually share those revenues, or are the owners able to call the stadium some kind of multi-use facility to keep the money from it out of the pool
I am going to guess that he gets money for multi-use stuff given how hard he has been trying to get any and all football games in that amusement park of a stadium

Old 02-02-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you think the sunday ticket package actually has more than a negligible effect on nfl revenues (not trying to be snarky, i've generally assumed the amount directv paid the nfl for it was next to nothing compared to the standard tv contracts)? i'm also not sure how the physical stadium will help all that much... is the NFL getting richer from the cowboys new field or is jerry jones getting richer (again, i guess the question is, does the NFL actually share those revenues, or are the owners able to call the stadium some kind of multi-use facility to keep the money from it out of the pool)?
I think that the tavern licenses on Sunday Ticket are a huge shared revenue source. The individual home license isn't that much. Pretty much any bar with a hope at getting revenue will have to purchase the DirecTV tavern license with the sports packages. That money and price point is set by the NFL. CBS and FOX get a piece of it for airing their broadcasts, but a lot of that money goes to the owners.

Some stadium revenues are shared, but club seats and suites are not right now. It is possible that a percentage of that money will have to be shared under the new CBA. My understanding is that owners share the ticket revenues and most of the food and parking, but suites and local TV/radio deals are not shared. If that changes in the new CBA, that might impact the cap.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote