Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.
Default Knapp: Russell "Taking the bull by the horns"

Quote:
Hes done a great job. He came back to camp in shape and nothing near the reported 300-pound range. Hes well away from that. But what hes done is hes shown a dedication to the team. Hes in meetings for an hour and 45 minutes three days a week in the classroom with myself and the quarterbacks coach, John DeFilippo. And then he goes and works with his teammates on conditioning and strength. And then after that he spends an hour a day doing footwork drills with our quarterbacks coach on the field and throwing to our receivers and tight ends and running backs. So hes really taken the bull by the horns.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/011958.html
People try to talk about how lazy this guy is, and question how much he loves the game. I truly believe he will answer those questions and silence those critics this year. I am not saying he is going to the pro bowl, but he will earn his respect.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I love seeing this. He was an awesome team player at LSU and know he will be the same in Oakland. I wish I didn't hate the Raiders so much.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whew, good to see this... sometimes coaches exaggerate a bit, but I don't care.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Man I love seeing this. He was an awesome team player at LSU and know he will be the same in Oakland. I wish I didn't hate the Raiders so much.
HA! I hope JR tears it up when he returns to the Nahlens, I am trying to go.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not saying much, we have no pass defense. Too bad yalls defense won't be able to touch our offense.

Who Dat Nation!
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good, now he can show his worth

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Whew, good to see this... sometimes coaches exaggerate a bit, but I don't care.
Even if he is doing half that regiment at this point in the season, it's a good thing. But I am sure that is at least close to the truth.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
That's not saying much, we have no pass defense. Too bad yalls defense won't be able to touch our offense.
I am a little worried that Meachem or Colston may be Hall at a size disadvantage, but after we take Long or Gholston, Brees is gonna be running for his life anyway, so Hall will only have to cover him for a second or two ;)

Of course, we have to stop the run somehow

Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Well Gholston doesn't scare me at all. He couldn't do **** against LSU's Oline, what makes you think he can against a pro line?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Russell will be fine. Greg Knapp on the other hand, well good luck with him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdamac View Post
I am a little worried that Meachem or Colston may be Hall at a size disadvantage, but after we take Long or Gholston, Brees is gonna be running for his life anyway, so Hall will only have to cover him for a second or two ;)

Of course, we have to stop the run somehow
Hall is fine against big wide receivers. He has issues with the great route runners. Amani Toomer beat him with his routes. Joey Galloway scored the only TD a WR scored on Hall all year on a sluggo, but didn't do much else.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
He had a sack and at least 4 hurries and a knock down in that game. He didn't dominate, but the biggest myth is that his didn't do sh*t.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, let's stop talking OAK/NO. That's silly. Although, sarf and I should have a bet when that game comes along.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Hall is fine against big wide receivers. He has issues with the great route runners. Amani Toomer beat him with his routes. Joey Galloway scored the only TD a WR scored on Hall all year on a sluggo, but didn't do much else.
ok thanks, not sure where I got that, maybe I just assumed because of his height.

saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

He had a sack on a roll out, not saying much. Either way, yall are probably gonna draft Dorsey or McFadden. Gholsten will prob be gone before 4.

Who Dat Nation!
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I like Hall, Devery Henderson always beat him like a ragged doll for long TD passes.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Old 04-17-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Okay, let's stop talking OAK/NO. That's silly. Although, sarf and I should have a bet when that game comes along.
Yeah, I am not saying we will win that game, I doubt the Saints will have another year like last year's when the have McAllister back. And if we can't stop the run, he will run all over us.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
As much as I like Hall, Devery Henderson always beat him like a ragged doll for long TD passes.
In 2006 he did. Last year Henderson beat Boley for a TD.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
The Raiders have the best secondary in the league. Two soon to be probowl linebackers and a defensive end and tackle combo capable of racking up 20 sacks between the two of them.

If the Raiders pick up Glen Dorsey, Sed Ellis, or Vernon Gholston they are going to be a top 5 defense in terms of personnel.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm down, and we have our time to think of something.
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
In 2006 he did. Last year Henderson beat Boley for a TD.
I wasn't referring to last year. :)

saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

And the Saints have a top 5 QB, a great backfield, damn good WRs (If Meachem lives up to his potential this year) and an AWESOME oline. Not saying anything about the pro bowl, just ridiculous to predict before the season even starts.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

"An AWESOME oline"?

Ehhh... that's a hyperbole. Our o-line is above average... definitely not "AWESOME", though.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Well 2 out of 5 are pro bowlers and our LG isn't a pushover either. Stinchcomb isn't anything to write home about but that's where Karney and whoever the TE is steps in.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Well 2 out of 5 are pro bowlers and our LG isn't a pushover either. Stinchcomb isn't anything to write home about but that's where Karney and whoever the TE is steps in.
Nesbit took a big step back last season and even though he looked good in two games, Goodwin is still unproven. And, Stinchcomb? Oh God - don't even get me started.