Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-22-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Lito Sheppard

John Clayton is saying the Rams are one of three teams seriously interested in Lito Sheppard. He goes on to say that the Eagles want a 2nd round pick for him. I think the 33rd overall is to much for him, but what about our 3rd round pick? It's awfully close to a 2nd rounder!

The other thing that crossed my mind is if we made the New Orleans trade (Our '08 first for their '08 1st, '08 2nd, and '09 first) we could draft Devin Thomas in the 1st, get a DE in the 2nd (Campbell, Jackson, Groves) and trade the New Orleans pick for Sheppard. We would then be able to use our 3rd rounder on an olineman.

What are your thoughts on Sheppard and do you think we should go after him?
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
John Clayton is saying the Rams are one of three teams seriously interested in Lito Sheppard. He goes on to say that the Eagles want a 2nd round pick for him. I think the 33rd overall is to much for him, but what about our 3rd round pick? It's awfully close to a 2nd rounder!

The other thing that crossed my mind is if we made the New Orleans trade (Our '08 first for their '08 1st, '08 2nd, and '09 first) we could draft Devin Thomas in the 1st, get a DE in the 2nd (Campbell, Jackson, Groves) and trade the New Orleans pick for Sheppard. We would then be able to use our 3rd rounder on an olineman.

What are your thoughts on Sheppard and do you think we should go after him?
I am definitely not opposed to seeing him in a Rams uniform, but I am opposed to the 2nd round demand. The 33rd pick is just way too much for him. I'd rather trade a 4th or 5th round for Pacman and hope he's grown up than trade the 33rd pick for Sheppard. If they lower their demand to a 3rd rounder I definitely think they should do it, if we make the trade with the Saints I would consider trading that 2nd round pick 10 for him, but is still a little too much for me. Maybe the Saints 2nd and our 3rd for Sheppard and their 3rd.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote