Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well there ya go, at least i'm not crazy.

Dude was a monster for about two years, and that's all he's gonna be good for?
That's crazy, and Herman Edwards needs to really look at that instead of being the hard-nosed old school guy he is. The game has evolved and players can't take those types of beatings anymore.

Adaptation is key, and coaches like that sometimes learn the hard way.
Players never were able to take those kinds of beatings. Prior to 1979, there were 8 seasons where a running back had more than 300 carries. Since 1979, there have been 180. And people wonder why the shelf life of a running back has gotten drastically shorter.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

That's what I'm talking about, Willie Parker and Shaun Alexander in the same backfield! Broken legged running backs galore! Shaun finally gets his superbowl ring and we can pass on run dmc in the first
Old 04-22-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...exander22.html

another source just for the hell of it....

i personally dont think alexander gets anything more than the vet. minimum anyhwere else....hes been just "a guy" the past 2 years and shown nothing of what got him paid
Old 04-22-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

i personally dont think alexander gets anything more than the vet. minimum anyhwere else....hes been just "a guy" the past 2 years and shown nothing of what got him paid
Well get ready for S.A v.2 with Larry Johnson
Old 04-22-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

He's shown some flashes. He had that 200 yard game against the Packers when he came back from the broken foot. He played adequately last season before he broke his hand. The idea of having a running back try to play with a cast is idiotic.

He's not going to come anywhere near his MVP level, But I think he'd be an adequate payer if he doesn't break anything else. There's several teams that he'd be an improvement for.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
That's what I'm talking about, Willie Parker and Shaun Alexander in the same backfield! Broken legged running backs galore! Shaun finally gets his superbowl ring and we can pass on run dmc in the first
I think Willie intentionally broke his leg to spare him from Mike "Herm vol. 2" Tomlin's running him into the ground.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

I think Shaun Alexander puts the lotion in the freaking basket
Old 04-22-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not too suprised about his career sprialling down like this. I remember in '04 when ahman started going bad. its sad, but thats what happens to RB's now a days.

I think he'll go to Pitt, Detroit, or maybe even Chicago.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Seanhawk
Rookie

Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
He's shown some flashes. He had that 200 yard game against the Packers when he came back from the broken foot. He played adequately last season before he broke his hand. The idea of having a running back try to play with a cast is idiotic.

He's not going to come anywhere near his MVP level, But I think he'd be an adequate payer if he doesn't break anything else. There's several teams that he'd be an improvement for.
Yep, he ran well when he had some space but the 'Hawks interior o-line was just atrocious last season, and he was really hampered by the cast. He always switches the ball between hands and would use his off arm so well. Playing with the cast took a lot out of his game. He ran really well in the playoffs against the Bears in '06 and the young line really seemed to be gelling, but Sims and Spencer really regressed last year and Chris Gray is just terrible.

I think he has gas left in the tank, and his vision is close to the best I've ever seen.
Seanhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam is reporting it's done now. He's gone.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im not too suprised about his career sprialling down like this. I remember in '04 when ahman started going bad. its sad, but thats what happens to RB's now a days.

I think he'll go to Pitt, Detroit, or maybe even Chicago.
eh, idk about that. i think his name came up a while back when the talk of him first being cut was happening and i think the general consensus was that we really dont need an oft-injured, over the hill back who seems to lack that fire. we already have benson who so far has been an oft-injured back who lacks any kind of real fire......

i was kind of hoping for a little while that the cards would toss out edge. i think he could be a little more worthwhile...but that was poo-pooed as well
Old 04-22-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

has anyone noticed that Shaun Alexander looks a lot like Barak Obama?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
racist........

Old 04-22-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

Quote:
racist........
wtf? that's not racist at all.. I can't comment on black people looking alike because that makes me a racist? check his pic on the nfl page... he has the same smile and stare... not to mention I voted for barak, so I don't see it as being a bad thing...

I think you're the racist, thinking that all black people are the same cause their black, and that's the only similarity they could have..
Old 04-22-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a good few years, never dropped his softy title
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They look nothing alike.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That guy was Aaron Schatz, and it's 370 carries. He has a very good website that does heavy analysis on the NFL.
Was it 370 carries outright? Or 370 formulated carries?

The former is obvious enough, I would think, but I put stock in the latter myself. Just can't remember if it's FO or FF Today that came up with it.

Basically, Formulated carries = Rushing Attempts + (0.5)(Receptions)

Putting more stock in the workload of a back than merely just the rushing total, and exceeding 370 f/carries is worrisome territory.

Look at Steven Jackson. 2006: 346 rushes for 1528 yds and 13 tds, 90 rec for 806 yds and 3 tds. That's less than 370 carries ... but 391 f/carries. Look at the workload. Not good, and wouldn't you know it, injury hit S-Jax in 2007. Coincidence? You decide, I guess.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predicted a long time ago, who do you think picks him up?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
wtf? that's not racist at all.. I can't comment on black people looking alike because that makes me a racist? check his pic on the nfl page... he has the same smile and stare... not to mention I voted for barak, so I don't see it as being a bad thing...

I think you're the racist, thinking that all black people are the same cause their black, and that's the only similarity they could have..
Ok, from here on out, when I crack a joke at your expense, I shall use the following format to compensate for your crippling inability to detect sarcasm...

[SARCASM]racist........[/SARCASM]

Incidentally, ESPN reported that he's not actually cut yet. He's taking a physical that, pending the results, will detirmine his future with the team.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just reported that he was released if i read that right....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Predicted a long time ago, who do you think picks him up?
I'll take him over Kenton Keith ... maybe. :p
Old 04-22-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Was it 370 carries outright? Or 370 formulated carries?

The former is obvious enough, I would think, but I put stock in the latter myself. Just can't remember if it's FO or FF Today that came up with it.

Basically, Formulated carries = Rushing Attempts + (0.5)(Receptions)

Putting more stock in the workload of a back than merely just the rushing total, and exceeding 370 f/carries is worrisome territory.

Look at Steven Jackson. 2006: 346 rushes for 1528 yds and 13 tds, 90 rec for 806 yds and 3 tds. That's less than 370 carries ... but 391 f/carries. Look at the workload. Not good, and wouldn't you know it, injury hit S-Jax in 2007. Coincidence? You decide, I guess.
FO found that there's no direct correllation between Rushes+Receptions and wear and tear.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'll take him over Kenton Keith ... maybe. :p
Alexander...in Indy? I couldnt see that, im guessing Pittsburg would be a pretty good fit.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, anyone think he has anything left?
Another question, HOFer?
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
So, anyone think he has anything left?
Another question, HOFer?
I think he's got something left, and if he can get over 10,000 yards, he'll be a lock for the hall. Most likely not first ballot, but he'll get in.