Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comeback player of the year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just need to say that I have unfortunately started a trend...

The Cowboys DT is Tank Johnson, not Tank Williams. Tank Williams is a former SS for the Titans and was recently signed by the Patriots.

That was a Freudian slip on my part. Sorry guys! -_-"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

something intresting they said on ESPN was " he will come in right away and start ahead of anthony henry" i wonder if thats true
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
something intresting they said on ESPN was " he will come in right away and start ahead of anthony henry" i wonder if thats true
How would they know that now? Dallas doesn't even know what kind of playing shape he's in. Maybe they said, he could come in and start ahead of Henry, but there's no way they can say he will. Dallas just lost 2 back up corners in Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones. That's who Pacman is replacing for now.

The logic however, is not hard to see. If in fact, Pacman can come in and show that he deserves to start, then the Cowboys will have the option of moving Henry to FS and Hamlin to SS. Something that has been long rumored.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will go on record and say he will not start ahead of Anthony Henry. Like D said, who knows what kind of shape he is in? You'd imagine there would be a great deal of rust. Anthony has done nothing to be demoted and is making big money. Pacman will start eventually but, barring injury...he'll most likely be playing nickel and that is fine w/ me. I still dont like him, though...but, I'll give em a chance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

nooooooooooooooooo this is a good deal for the cowboys if he comes back and stays out of trouble.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a fourth rounder you have to like this if you are a Cowboys fan, he is a great talent who obviously is an idiot, but the reward outweighs the risk in my opinion. The Titans pretty much were just trying to salvage their top ten pick shipwreck, a 4th rounder is better than nothing.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Comeback player of the year.
Doesn't he have to play for sure before that can happen?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha ha imagine if the cowboys picked up Chad Johnson too? Pretty much every hated player would be on Dallas

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn, good deal for the cowboys i hope he screws the whole team up though...now we really need boldin or roy or cj

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good deal for both.

Dallas gets a guy that might get the axe but it's no different than drafting a guy in the fourth round and Pacman obviously has talent.

Tennessee gets rid of a problem and gets a pretty good pick for it given the circumstances.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm reading that his contract is going to be new and fully restructured, league minimum, mostly incentive based, and no guarantees in case he is suspended again...He is going to have to earn any real money he would receive, nothing like his rookie contract he was on.

Sounds like a win scenario for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I will go on record and say he will not start ahead of Anthony Henry. Like D said, who knows what kind of shape he is in? You'd imagine there would be a great deal of rust. Anthony has done nothing to be demoted and is making big money. Pacman will start eventually but, barring injury...he'll most likely be playing nickel and that is fine w/ me. I still dont like him, though...but, I'll give em a chance.
Just ESPN doing what they do best, speculating...I didn't even respond because it's just silly, Henry played excellent, no one is getting ahead of themselves because no one has even seen him going through the motions yet, our rookie CB is more likely to take Henry's spot then Pacman right off the bat...We are lucky if he gets to that point by the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-23-2008 at 10:05 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sorry if I am repeating this in the thread, but what do the Cowboys do now with their 2 firsts? are they still targeting a CB?
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer_Backer View Post
Sorry if I am repeating this in the thread, but what do the Cowboys do now with their 2 firsts? are they still targeting a CB?
I would think RB and WR

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all would agree #22 is going to be a CB, Cason looks to be the front runner unless Jerry throws a curve, but i dont think Pacman is enough to sway us from DB in the 1st because we have no depth what so ever...We need another solid body at DB who can contribute now, both our starters are over 30...Might throw Flowers into the picture since Pacman is more of a man cover guy like Newman, but corner is definately something we pick up in the 1st.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would think RB and WR
Well That is good for us if TT actually drafts a CB. All bets are of for me after last year. I will be surprised by nothing.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think we all would agree #22 is going to be a CB, Cason looks to be the front runner unless Jerry throws a curve, but i dont think Pacman is enough to sway us from DB in the 1st because we have no depth what so ever...We need another solid body at DB who can contribute now, both our starters are over 30...Might throw Flowers into the picture since Pacman is more of a man cover guy like Newman, but corner is definately something we pick up in the 1st.
I do agree we go corner but, I'd disagree that 22 has to be that corner. I really am starting to think that, that pick will be Felix Jones....if the top three corners are gone. You should still be able to draft Cason at 28 and you could potentially flip-flop w/ the Chargers so, they can add a pick later in the draft. But, even if you don't do that, the Chargers seem more interested in Flowers anyway...I def. see Cason available at 28.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea, I can definately see Felix Jones and Cason in the 1st flip flopping, I agree Cason should be there at 28 too...Just pretty sure we take a guy in the 1st, that's probably our only CB pick now, but we still need someone to step in and help...I doubt we are expecting Henry and Newman to be fully healthy all year again...We are going to need 4 good corners to go into the season with...And if for some reason Cason is gone at 28 I could see us grabbing Flowers and being ok with that pick.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of humour on this. I couldn't stop laughing.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote from ESPN's Ed Werder.

Quote:
"Jones has agreed to a restructured contract with the Cowboys. Sources told Werder that it will be a four-year contract with no guaranteed money. By restructuring instead of transferring his existing deal, Jones gives up nearly $7 million in guaranteed base salaries over the next three years."

He also has to pay 500k in money he owes to Tennessee to charity.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Please don't take Felix Jones... why would you draft a backup RB in college in the first round... and yes I realize McFadden was the starter. But many think McFadden will bust, so how will his backup be any better?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Pacman winds up playing the way he did pre-suspension, I think Dallas will have the 2nd best CB duo next to Oakland this coming year.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
And as long as Albert Haynesworth still has a job, no Titans fan should lecture the Cowboys on having character players.
I disagree on that, but i'm not going to get into it again, don't want to be threaten again...LOL

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware_HITStick View Post
Please don't take Felix Jones... why would you draft a backup RB in college in the first round... and yes I realize McFadden was the starter. But many think McFadden will bust, so how will his backup be any better?
Yeah you already had Felix Jones at RB his name was Julius Jones. Why let the same guy you already had go then use a 1st round selection on essentially the same guy and pay him first round money? Doesn't make any sense to me.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Yeah you already had Felix Jones at RB his name was Julius Jones. Why let the same guy you already had go then use a 1st round selection on essentially the same guy and pay him first round money? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Because he went to Arkansas and Jerry cant help himself when it comes to Arkansas products

Quote: