Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cowboys trade for Pacman Jones

whooo hoooo!!!!

Looks like were giving a 4th according to ESPN

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-23-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: more info
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HALLELUJAH!!!

Just read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that means your 1st 2 picks are RB and WR. (Two firsts for Roy and Swap seconds? *Crosses fingers)

That allows you to get Chris Johnson in the second then you go to the Superbowl ... I like it :-D

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade doesn't change anything on the draft day. I still see a CB on the first day.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Wow that means your 1st 2 picks are RB and WR. (Two firsts for Roy and Swap seconds? *Crosses fingers)

That allows you to get Chris Johnson in the second then you go to the Superbowl ... I like it :-D
Yea, Pacman or no Pacman CB at 22 was more then likely our best bet...He's not even reinstated, we've been looking at it as a "extra" type deal, if he is there to contribute fine, but we still need another elite talent at DB, we still only have 3 guys, two of whom are in their 30's.

Cason is still probably the guy...Especially with Newman getting out of his contract after this season, so young bodies at CB is crucial.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3364138

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Or Moyal

I don't know about this.
We need to find out more about the possible compensation heading back our way, what we'd have to give up if Pac-Man actually gets on the field, and where he stands with Goodell on the issue of reinstatement.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea, Pacman or no Pacman CB at 22 was more then likely our best bet...He's not even reinstated, we've been looking at it as a "extra" type deal, if he is there to contribute fine, but we still need another elite talent at DB, we still only have 3 guys, two of whom are in their 30's.

Cason is still probably the guy...Especially with Newman getting out of his contract after this season, so young bodies at CB is crucial.
Yeah... but a Lions fan can dream can't he?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Moyal View Post
I don't know about this.
We need to find out more about the possible compensation heading back our way, what we'd have to give up if Pac-Man actually gets on the field, and where he stands with Goodell on the issue of reinstatement.
If he doesn't get reinstated Tennessee gives the pick back in 09, if he does and plays we offer up probably a 5th next year, it will have to do with how much he plays or how well he plays...Good deal for both sides, we are protected in case Goodell treats him like Thurman.

Im more excited about things like how eager he sounds to be back playing football again, I'm in no hurry to rush him out there, which is why I want Cason...That would put 3 DB's in front of him for now until he was up to game speed or comfortable, hopefully towards the end of the year he will be somewhat back to his old self, but I wouldn't expect for him to be playing at the level of play he was at at least until he was with us for a year(by that I mean being a playmaker in the secondary)...I think he will provide another young corner who can cover man to man, a huge upgrade over Reeves, and if were healthy we should have 4 very strong corners available, Wade can dial up some pretty exotic blitz packages that he wasn't able to do before.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank goodness this is done. I always thought it would, but it is a relief to get it out of the way.

Cornerback would still be on my board if we stay put, but this opens the door for what I still think may happen, the Darren McFadden trade. I know everyone is sure this wont happen, so I may be the mad scientist. However, it is now there...here is what I think may happen. And I am well aware no one else thinks this is a good idea.

IF Mcfadden falls to #5, the chiefs may take our first two and a later round pick. They could come away with three firsts, and that is how you build a team. Along with the Allen trade they just made, they would have around 7 or eight picks in the first three rounds.

If I was the chiefs, I would do it in a heartbeat. And I would love to see McFadden return the opening day kickoff with a star on his helmet.

Feel free to call me crazy, but our window may not be open that long. We can compete with anyone now, and McFadden would make a huge difference.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 04-23-2008 at 07:00 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

For that to happen it would probably have to be the Pats, and he would have to go to #7, which I think is out because the Jets covet him...The Chiefs now have two 1st rd picks, I dont believe they want 4, I think they just want to take one impact guy in that top 5, either DE or OT, then go with the other at pick 17, maybe before the Allen trade but now I think they want that pick in the top 6.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great news.

We have tons of flexibility now. I also see no 1st Round CB unless a top 3 falls into our laps.

We are setting up nicely. I see at least one of the first being traded so a team can get Henne.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

BTW, I think Jets are a DMac smoke screen. They are looking to trade it.

They need talent on the D side of the ball and WR talent -- this whole RB talent need is pure fiction IMHO. Jones and their 3rd Down Back are pretty good.

If patient, I think DMac may actually fall to around 10 unless Al picks him.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
BTW, I think Jets are a DMac smoke screen. They are looking to trade it.

They need talent on the D side of the ball and WR talent -- this whole RB talent need is pure fiction IMHO. Jones and their 3rd Down Back are pretty good.

If patient, I think DMac may actually fall to around 10 unless Al picks him.
If DMC falls to 9, unless Sedrick Ellis is there, Cincy will take him.

I don't even think they hesitate.

And as far as you saying the Cowboys aren't thinking of CB in the first, i'd say you're wrong. Terence Newman probably has one or two more years here in Dallas (sadly, but he was a 25 year old rookie) and Adam Jones hasn't been reinstated, so if we picked up a first round corner, and a late guy like Ikegwuonu or Zach Bowman to slowly groom once Henry is gone also.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see this finally got done. I still want Cason.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think D-Mac will be a Raider. He seems to be highest on their board, they're not that interested in Chris Long, and Al Davis is running the team.

Lets trade up to #3!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little torn about the Pacman trade. I guess time will tell, but I hope my worst fears never see the light of day.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I'm a little torn about the Pacman trade. I guess time will tell, but I hope my worst fears never see the light of day.
He may destroy himself but, there is no way in hell that he'll take our team down w/ him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

And as far as you saying the Cowboys aren't thinking of CB in the first, i'd say you're wrong. Terence Newman probably has one or two more years here in Dallas (sadly, but he was a 25 year old rookie) and Adam Jones hasn't been reinstated, so if we picked up a first round corner, and a late guy like Ikegwuonu or Zach Bowman to slowly groom once Henry is gone also.
He didnt say the boys were not thinkin corner in the first round. He (Rob) was saying unless one of the top three falls, we wont take one.

There have been many people that dont want Talib to be a cowboy (I am not one of them. Talib reminds me of Dale Carter. Carter had a good career with the cheifs.) I have very few reservations on Talib, I see him as a playmaker who gambles alot. I am okay with a gambler at one corner, as long as the other corner is not a gambler. I dont see Newman as a gambler, so I am okay with Talib.

Rob may be on to something, as much as I dont want to admit it. The boys may want a corner, but they may want one of the top three. If the fourth best falls to them (arguably Talib), that may not be good enough for them. In that scenario, they may go elsewhere.

Let me emphasize, I LIKE TALIB. But I seem to be one of the few. Many dont.

Many say this trade would not affect their board, but I disagree. I think Jerry has more pull than the average owner. I think Jerry already knows something about Pacman's future, that is why the trade got done.

Prepare. The cowboys may no longer be looking at corners in the first round.

I do disagree with Rob in that I dont think ANYONE is looking to trade into the first round for Chad Henne

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
He didnt say the boys were not thinkin corner in the first round. He (Rob) was saying unless one of the top three falls, we wont take one.

There have been many people that dont want Talib to be a cowboy (I am not one of them. Talib reminds me of Dale Carter. Carter had a good career with the cheifs.) I have very few reservations on Talib, I see him as a playmaker who gambles alot. I am okay with a gambler at one corner, as long as the other corner is not a gambler. I dont see Newman as a gambler, so I am okay with Talib.

Rob may be on to something, as much as I dont want to admit it. The boys may want a corner, but they may want one of the top three. If the fourth best falls to them (arguably Talib), that may not be good enough for them. In that scenario, they may go elsewhere.

Let me emphasize, I LIKE TALIB. But I seem to be one of the few. Many dont.

Many say this trade would not affect their board, but I disagree. I think Jerry has more pull than the average owner. I think Jerry already knows something about Pacman's future, that is why the trade got done.

Prepare. The cowboys may no longer be looking at corners in the first round.

I do disagree with Rob in that I dont think ANYONE is looking to trade into the first round for Chad Henne
I think it's very very plausible that we go CB in the first round, despite the top 3 not being there. Everyone is gonna cry "reach" there, no matter who they pick (so long as its not one of the top 3 CB's).

I mean, if we don't go CB, what are they gonna pick? Reach on Felix Jones?
Reach on a WR? Everything is gonna be a reach, so might as well take something that is gonna be a need and the talent is definitely there.

Cason is more than likely gonna be there, Flowers will be there at 28, and either could easily be 'Boys. Depending on what the coaches think of Biscuit, we might even go Cason/Phillips in the first, which wouldn't be that bad of an idea in my eyes.

The Terence Newman situation is gonna be very very sticky in my eyes..
He wants to be paid like the top corner he CURRENTLY is, but he's turning 30 sometime soon, and he may not have that much left in the tank. He's been consistently playing at a high level, so i wouldn't be able to project how much the drop off would be since we haven't seen any yet, but i'm sure the thought is there. So what do you do? Are you gonna be willing to pay 50+ million to a 30 year old corner? Or do you bring his successors already?

I don't know how much Pac Man will be able to contribute from day one, so taking a CB in the first IMO is a NEED. If they leave the first round without a player on defense, i'll be very very disappointed. Henry's days are numbered, who knows what'll happen with Newman, and Pac Man can't even legally play yet, so that's my view.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's very very plausible that we go CB in the first round, despite the top 3 not being there. Everyone is gonna cry "reach" there, no matter who they pick (so long as its not one of the top 3 CB's).

I mean, if we don't go CB, what are they gonna pick? Reach on Felix Jones?
Reach on a WR? Everything is gonna be a reach, so might as well take something that is gonna be a need and the talent is definitely there.

Cason is more than likely gonna be there, Flowers will be there at 28, and either could easily be 'Boys. Depending on what the coaches think of Biscuit, we might even go Cason/Phillips in the first, which wouldn't be that bad of an idea in my eyes.

The Terence Newman situation is gonna be very very sticky in my eyes..
He wants to be paid like the top corner he CURRENTLY is, but he's turning 30 sometime soon, and he may not have that much left in the tank. He's been consistently playing at a high level, so i wouldn't be able to project how much the drop off would be since we haven't seen any yet, but i'm sure the thought is there. So what do you do? Are you gonna be willing to pay 50+ million to a 30 year old corner? Or do you bring his successors already?

I don't know how much Pac Man will be able to contribute from day one, so taking a CB in the first IMO is a NEED. If they leave the first round without a player on defense, i'll be very very disappointed. Henry's days are numbered, who knows what'll happen with Newman, and Pac Man can't even legally play yet, so that's my view.
I agree on everything... I don't think that only McKelvin, DRC and Jenkins are first round talents, so I'd welcome Cason or Godfrey with open arms.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I keep hearing about Tyrell Johnson also as someone the Cowboys really like. He's apparently flying up draft boards now, and probably won't be there when we pick in the 2nd. He could be a possiblity with 28.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Safety is a bigger possibility now anyway, I'm not sold on which guy we want, reports had us high on Phillips which lets me know we are looking at safeties, anytime we are planning to basically bench Roy Williams 85% of the time its time to replace him...I've seen alot of people say Johnson is a cover 2 guy, not sure...Personally i want Phillips or Wagner, they are hard hitting SS who can also cover, lets Hamlin play a more natural FS and be the leader of the defense.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Safety is a bigger possibility now anyway, I'm not sold on which guy we want, reports had us high on Phillips which lets me know we are looking at safeties, anytime we are planning to basically bench Roy Williams 85% of the time its time to replace him...I've seen alot of people say Johnson is a cover 2 guy, not sure...Personally i want Phillips or Wagner, they are hard hitting SS who can also cover, lets Hamlin play a more natural FS and be the leader of the defense.

First, HH thanks for explaining on my behalf. Refreshing.

Second, Henne is a first. My only real prediction.

Third, Safety in 1 is a BIGGGGGGGG possibility now. I am open to Johnson or Phillips but would prefer them with a trade down.

Fourth, I do think JJ trades 1 of 2 b/c value is likely not there at 22/28 given our needs at WR/RB/DB .... unless we get a miracle or some positive drug test.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would hesitate and call Jerry Jones if I were Mike Brown in this case.
Maybe work out a deal.
Of course this is all if Ellis is gone too.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote