Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna start this out with Wade Phillips self-proclaimed draft strategy.
Quote:
Well most of my philosophy is just 'get me some good players and we'll fit them in.' If we can get some top players, good athletes, smart, good character people, that's what we're looking for. We'll fit them into whatever system we have. We'll change our system if we have to, to get good players and utilize them. It's not that complicated since they've been running the 3-4 and running a lot of the same offense. It'll be similar type people they're looking for, so I think that will help.
1- Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
  • Reach right? I'm buying into drafting on measurables now. Someone might say but he didn't even play good this year..and was consistantly beat deep. I would say ya but most of those things are coachable. The first round to me is to find yourself a freak...something that you can't find outside of round one. McCauley owned the field last year...you know he has the ability...now for w/e reason his production falled off...maybe it was pressure by the DL...maybe it was the loss of Marshall..either way we've seen this kid perform at a high level. And t 6-foot-1, 198 pounds and running in the high 4.3s, McCauley has uncoachable tools. He makes it look easy at times. He is also durable...hasn't missed a single game in his collegiate career. He has the ability to run stride for stride with anyone in the league...it's the technique that was hindering him this year. Hell his main problem was running with the wr...rather then getting his head turned around. That is coachable. McCauley does have good zone awareness...he excels playing on the line of scrimmage redirecting the WR. You also have to love his effortless hip swivel...he can break on the ball when it is there...and has the long arms/jumping ability to make up for a mistake. He is also a great open field tackler...which is good...since it shows he's not afraid to make the hit. Okay I think that I have made my point on why...so now you ask where does he play? Well looks to me like a Dime Back year one...unless he exceeds expectations. But McCauley can play on all special teams units...he is a former HS running back and returner...he might not have top lateral quickness...but he is shifty enough to be a returner. This is something that I didn't know about him before...that I recently just turned up.
2- Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois
  • What is one thing I look for when drafting a player outside of the first round? Smarts, Free is exceptional in that area. He was a semifinalist for the National Football Foundation's Draddy Award, honoring combined academic success, football performance and exemplary community service, and received "Halfway All-American" recognition by CBS SportsLine.com at the season's midpoint. He also held a 3.24gpa as an Industrial Technology major...which is something you don't normally see for a player of this caliber. Once again....some people may say reach...but you can quote me in saying...he won't be around for us when our 3rd round pick comes. Sure some will once again say...but he didn't play well this year...but the thing is he struggled to stay healthy all year. He was bothered by a groin pull in fall camp, and then suffered a right foot stress fracture when his leg was stepped on in the season opener vs. Ohio State. He played in the next two games before telling trainers of the injury, and the fracture was then treated. I'm gonna end this pick by quoting his head coach.
    Joe Novak - "No question, Doug has the talent to play on Sundays. Knock on wood, I believe he's going to be a first-round draft pick. Doug Free's a lot better athlete than Ryan Diem. (Free) can run! You just don't see many offensive linemen that can run at that size like he can. What's impressive is he'll sit back in pass protection and then we'll throw the ball down the field and he'll run down field and block a safety. I mean, get downfield! You just don't see kids who can do that. He's special. Our kids call him 'Doug Freak' because he runs so well."
3- Dan Bazuin, DE/OLB, Western Michigan
  • Like I said earlier...I love a player with smarts...so why not draft another academic all american. He was a marketing major with a 3.39 grade-point average, Bazuin was the only student-athlete from the Mid-American Conference to be named to the 2006 Academic All-America football team. Just like Free he was also a national semifinalist for the Draddy Trophy. Now lets get onto the on-the-field production. Bazuin holds the school career records for tackles for loss (60) and sacks (33) and single-season records for tackles for loss (26 1/2) and sacks (16). His 16 sacks in 2005 tied what was then a MAC single-season record. He ranks eighth in MAC history in tackles for loss and fourth in sacks. In high school he was a three sport athlete in football, basketball, and track. So we know he is athletic. Bazuin started every game he played in (47) at Central Michigan, including 38 consecutive at one point. He recorded 261 tackles (132 solos) as he set school career-records with 35 1/2 sacks for minus-268 yards, 63 1/2 stops for losses of 354 yards and 10 forced fumbles. He added seven quarterback pressures with six fumble recoveries, including one that he returned for a touchdown. He deflected nine passes and blocked four kicks.
4- Antonio Johnson, NT, Mississippi State
  • This is a pick a absolutely love. Johnson really hasn't played much football. He has been around it...but it seems to have taken him awhile to really take it to the next level. In 22 games at Mississippi State, Johnson started five times. He recorded 36 tackles (16 solos) with 2.5 sacks for minus-10 yards, seven stops for losses totaling 20 yards and one quarterback pressure. He recovered two fumbles and blocked a kick. Some people maybe worried about his weight since he is only at about 307 but he has a frame that can carry at least another 15 pounds with no loss in quickness. I could go on and on about him and what he brings to the table. But I'll just say he is a relentless player who has good hands but just needs to be coached up a bit and add some bulk to his frame.
5- Brandon Myles, WR, West Virginia
  • Unfortunately I don't have a huge background on this guy. But I'll just say that I fell in love with him at the combine. He has great quickness in and out of his breaks. He can beat the jam off the line of scrimmage. Is a natural hands catcher...very rarely will you see the ball get into his body. He is one of the top snubs not to go to the combine...had he been there I have a feeling he could have been a day one pick...but luckily for us he is around later. He has above average lateral quickness...and would be another addition in the return game. I really like this kid as a future replacement for Terry Glenn.
6- Nathan Bennett, OG, Clemson
  • Decent size and somewhat of a raw prospect...developmental guy at this point.
6- Jay Richardson, DE, Ohio State
  • About the right size for a 3-4 DE...don't have much on him...but might be better suited for a 3-4 rather then the 4-3 he was forced to play at OSU.
7- Drew Tate, QB, Iowa
  • This might just be the pick of the draft. This guy is a player. Great improviser, great smarts, played at a high level all his collegiate career. I honestly think he would be a great backup to Tony Romo for many years. They have similar playing styles...so you don't have to worry about your offense adjusting to a new QB...if for some reason Romo did go down. His main knock is size...but like many people know...it's not all about the size...it's about finding the throwing lanes. I really love this pick and no one will tell me otherwise :P

So there you have it....my draft. Well some might say I reached...but that is honestly how I would draft at this point. Get myself a freak early...smart players throughout the draft...get myself some projects on day 2...and address depth in a couple positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Good picks. But I'm still not sold on CB in the 1st idea everybody has been giving. Doug Free pick I do really like. But the last 3 picks I especially like, Richardson, Bennett and Tate are guys I wouldn't mind having on the team.
Well I'm not so much sold on CB...I think you can get one anywhere on the first day. I just went with the best talent available. I mean obviously a guy like Carriker or Ginn or another freak of nature would be nice...but we just aren't in position to land guys like that. Gonna have to dig a bit.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go WR I want a top WR. We have 3 late round/udfa wrs, we don't need another. I want us to go WR in round 1 or 2 to develop a true number one under TO and Glenn. Miles, Hurd, Crayton.. they are great number 3 guys, they maybe coul turn in good number 2, but they can't be your primary target. TO and Glenn are over 32, this draft is fill with great receveirs, so we are in perfect position to pick a guy for the future and let him learn under our wideouts. Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis Sidney Rice or Jason Hill are my choice.
The other pick in the first two round should be CB or S. In the third round I want an OG or T.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only WR I would like to spend a first day pick on would be Allison. #1 WR written all over him. Speed, hands, decent size, and route running needs improving but that's coachable. That would be my choice.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:56 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

I like McCauley as well thule. He is a freak. And he is coachable, but we don't need a CB!!!

I like the Doug Free pick.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thule I really like what you said about size and speed on CB, but somehow drafting McCauley is making me feel Pete Hunter is coming back to Dallas. I world rather use 6th to draft Countney Brown for the same reason. Also, I aganst use the first two rounds to draft any CBs, because value is not their and most of them are under 6 feets.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is mine. Not written out like THule's which is great might I add.

1) Aaron Ross, CB, Texas-Physical Corner who can play man to man or play zone very well, plus he can return punts.
2) Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina-Future #1 paired with Crayton for years to come.
3) Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois-Great Player who can get the job done.
4) Antonio Johnson, DT, Mississippi State-I have liked him since their first game against SC, he has a great motor and chases the play from behind.
5) Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska-Physical freak who can give pressure around the edge.
6) Nathan Bennett, OG, Clemson-Depth Guy
7A) Kevin Payne, S, Louisian Monroe-Har Hitter who gives a lot of effort
7B) RaMonce Taylor, ATH, Texas-Can play anywhere and could be a practice squad guy if nothing else.
7C) Drew Tate, QB, Iowa-Very Underrated and is worth the pick, could develop into a solid backup.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

You love Texas guys don't you? No way we pick Ross. First of all, he is old, second of all, we don't need a CB, and third of all, he isn't very good. If we pick a texas guy it should be a trade down and pick either Blalock or Griffin.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
2. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
3. Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
4. John Beck, QB, BYU
5. Stanley Doughty, NT, SC
6. Jacob Ford, OLB, Central Arkansas
6. Jake Kuresa, G, BYU
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT, Arizona St
7. IDC
7. IDC

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
You love Texas guys don't you? No way we pick Ross. First of all, he is old, second of all, we don't need a CB, and third of all, he isn't very good. If we pick a texas guy it should be a trade down and pick either Blalock or Griffin.
I guess he didn't win the thorpe award this year for best corner in the country. But I guess you know more then everyone else.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
- Terence Newman was "old" too
- We do need a CB. Evene if Henry stays at CB is gonna be 32, and Glenn will not be back with the team in 2008. So we need depth and someone who can replace one of our starters if he go down due to injuries
- He kinda win the award for the top DB in college football last year.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Love the Bazuin pick Thule. I think that is gonna happen probably 3rd or 4th round.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

1st) Reggie Nelson, S
2nd) Anthony Gonzales, WR
3rd) Dan Bazuin, DE/OLB
4th) Manuel Ramirez, G
5th) Paul Soliai, DT
6th) Travarous Bain, CB
6th) Stephon Heyer, T
7th) Tony Collins, Dt
7th) BPA
7th) BPA

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 03-11-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
- Terence Newman was "old" too
- We do need a CB. Evene if Henry stays at CB is gonna be 32, and Glenn will not be back with the team in 2008. So we need depth and someone who can replace one of our starters if he go down due to injuries
- He kinda win the award for the top DB in college football last year.
We got lucky with Newman, I don't want an old guy again.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
I guess he didn't win the thorpe award this year for best corner in the country. But I guess you know more then everyone else.
you didn't know that TNew is the ulimate Cowboys master?!?!?! Shame on you thule!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just like the safety pick first rd whoever it is, i feel like that was the position we needed to adress the most outside of o line, and we picked up some lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newbies... take a lesson from thule. Now there is a mock draft post from an NFLDC Cowboys fan pioneer. That's how we used to roll. That's what made coming to the Cowboys thread so golden in the past. That's what made us family. Too many of you guys lack the same passion. Simply listing a mock and expecting any credability or thoughtful response back is hogwash. Thule has thoughtfully put together a mock that he believes in and should he hit on a few, he builds his reputability. The rest of you are forgetful.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
you didn't know that TNew is the ulimate Cowboys master?!?!?! Shame on you thule!
Thorpe Award Shope award, It close to nothing. It is just like the heisman. Troy Smith isn't even CLOSE to the best player in college football, yet he won it.

Anyway, the Thorpe Award is best DB, not CB. And LaRon Landy, Reggie Nelson, Chris Houston, Leon Hall, and Darrell Revis are all better, to name a few.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:00 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Fine, here is a quality mock:

Round 1- Reggie Nelson, Safety, University of Florida

Nelson fits our biggest, and pretty much only need. He is a ball-hawking, agressive centerfielder, who would look absolutely terrific next to Roy Williams. This kid has the potential and talent to be the next Ed Reed. He is alittle skinny, but he can easily bulk up with an NFL Trainer. Although, he is not afraid to lay the wood at all. He only has 1 1/2 years of D1 experience because he was a Juco transfer, but he is definitly worth this pick anyway.

Round 2- DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, N.C. State

We finally get our future NT. For his size, he also has above average quickness and athletisicm. As Fergy is getting older, you can tell we need someone to spell him, and a future replacement. Tank can definitly be that guy. He can turn out to be a great player, he just needs to stay focused.

Round 3- Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech

We add some quality depth to O-Line with this pick. Will be a future starter, and possible pro-bowler. He is in the mold of a Larry Allen. Not saying he will be as good, but e is definitly in the mold of him. He can bench 550 pounds, a texas tech school record. He will need some time to adjust because he played in Mike Leech's crazy 3 foot split passing offense at texas tech, but once he does, it will be worth it.

Round 4- Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee

I really liek this kid. We may be lucky to get him here, because he may very well be gone. He is fast, strong, and very agressive. He is one of the most underrated prospects in this draft IMO. He could be a great #2 CB, if not a solid #1 some time down the road. Could step in and be our #3 if Aaron Glenn retires or suddenly hits a wall.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I actually have to say that I like it.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Newbies... take a lesson from thule. Now there is a mock draft post from an NFLDC Cowboys fan pioneer. That's how we used to roll. That's what made coming to the Cowboys thread so golden in the past. That's what made us family. Too many of you guys lack the same passion. Simply listing a mock and expecting any credability or thoughtful response back is hogwash. Thule has thoughtfully put together a mock that he believes in and should he hit on a few, he builds his reputability. The rest of you are forgetful.
thule is still posting like he's hungry, even though he really doesn't have to. He could just post those names without explaining, but he still wants to have some pride. Some of you new guys are posting like you draw water around here, and you don't. Everyone take notes when thule posts, he's doing it right.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fine, here is a quality mock:

Round 1- Reggie Nelson, Safety, University of Florida

Nelson fits our biggest, and pretty much only need. He is a ball-hawking, agressive centerfielder, who would look absolutely terrific next to Roy Williams. This kid has the potential and talent to be the next Ed Reed. He is alittle skinny, but he can easily bulk up with an NFL Trainer. Although, he is not afraid to lay the wood at all. He only has 1 1/2 years of D1 experience because he was a Juco transfer, but he is definitly worth this pick anyway.

Round 2- DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, N.C. State

We finally get our future NT. For his size, he also has above average quickness and athletisicm. As Fergy is getting older, you can tell we need someone to spell him, and a future replacement. Tank can definitly be that guy. He can turn out to be a great player, he just needs to stay focused.

Round 3- Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech

We add some quality depth to O-Line with this pick. Will be a future starter, and possible pro-bowler. He is in the mold of a Larry Allen. Not saying he will be as good, but e is definitly in the mold of him. He can bench 550 pounds, a texas tech school record. He will need some time to adjust because he played in Mike Leech's crazy 3 foot split passing offense at texas tech, but once he does, it will be worth it.

Round 4- Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee

I really liek this kid. We may be lucky to get him here, because he may very well be gone. He is fast, strong, and very agressive. He is one of the most underrated prospects in this draft IMO. He could be a great #2 CB, if not a solid #1 some time down the road. Could step in and be our #3 if Aaron Glenn retires or suddenly hits a wall.

What do you guys think?

I sure would like to see a WR somewhere in the 3rd or 4th. Allison or Higgins would suit me nicely.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I actually have to say that I like it.
Why thank you.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Don't denigrate other folks work simply because you feel they haven't put any effort into it. That's a little silly to me.

Albert Camus
Old 03-12-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334 View Post
Don't denigrate other folks work simply because you feel they haven't put any effort into it. That's a little silly to me.
Eh.. You reap what you sow.

I'll remember what thule posted. Did you post anything yet?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Eh.. You reap what you sow.

I'll remember what thule posted. Did you post anything yet?
HA. I don't think I need you to remember anything I do. I don't think it's that deep. To each his own.

Albert Camus