Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What do you guys think so far...

Hey, I just wanted to see what you guys thought of our draft so far. So far it has looked like this...

1st (#5) - Brady Quinn - QB - Notre Dame
2nd (#34) - Daymein Hughes - CB - Cal
2nd (#38) - Aaron Sears - OG/OT - Tennesse
3rd (#66) - Tim Crowder - DE - Texas
3rd (#77) - David Harris - MLB - Michigan

And on top of that, we brought in Eric Green who can play CB or switch him to safety if we suck that bad. And, although it doesn't affect us now, we got future 3rds and 4ths. We addressed our major areas of needs in QB, MLB, OL, CB and DE. Honestly I think we are doing great and are having, hands down, the best draft out of everyone.

Give me rep damn it!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The draft would've been PERFECT... had you not have taken Quinn. I'm sorry. On paper, that draft is outstanding. But, as a Lions fan... from a Lions perspective... we did not want a QB and did not need a QB.

Dont get me wrong... having Quinn is great. He might become the next Jesssus. But... I don't want him this year.

So, on paper: A

For the Lions: C+

With that draft, without Quinn, for the Lions: A-

You guys put a lot of work into it, so props for that. Imagine that we took Willis vice Quinn and kept the rest of the picks... i'd give you a freakin A++++++++.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We were going to try and trade up for Willis but he went before we could and went a lot higher then we could get to.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
We were going to try and trade up for Willis but he went before we could and went a lot higher then we could get to.
Ahh... good deal, good deal. As I said, if you take Quinn out of that draft and leave the rest as-is, I like the draft more. Don't ask why... I just didn't want a QB.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft looks very good so far.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Ahh... good deal, good deal. As I said, if you take Quinn out of that draft and leave the rest as-is, I like the draft more. Don't ask why... I just didn't want a QB.
Yeah I agree. God forbid we'd actually have someone under 35 throwing the ball around. We'd be much better of with a linebacker who bench presses twenty-two times (which, for you information, is less than Quinn managed)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is with the hatred towards quinn. He is going to be a heck of a player.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thats a ridiculously good draft

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Yeah I agree. God forbid we'd actually have someone under 35 throwing the ball around. We'd be much better of with a linebacker who bench presses twenty-two times (which, for you information, is less than Quinn managed)
Where were you when Harrington was here? Bringing age into the scenario is funny. Who would you rather have... Harrington or Kitna? I think the answer is simple.

OH NO! Willis only managed to bench 22 times!? (Oh yeah... he also ran a 4.49... must've forgotten that part.) Wow... forget it. He'll drop to the seventh round... right? No. He's an incredible tackler, a great leader, is tough, can blitz and play in coverage. So, I could care less how much he can bench... he is still a great prospect.

You must be one of those fans that feels numbers outweigh talent. Keep thinking it.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
What is with the hatred towards quinn. He is going to be a heck of a player.
It isnt hatred. The coaches do not and will not draft a QB in round 1 this year. I'd love to look at this mock and say "Hey, that could be the outcome", but it wont. Hughes? Great pick. Sears? I'll take him. Crowder? Fills a need nicely. Harris? He'll be an upgrade. Quinn? He will not be drafted by the Lions this year.

So, no... it isnt hatred... It just wont happen that way. As Lions fans, we should know this.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, wingboy! What's with taking all the credit? I was the one who made some of those picks. lol

I want my well deserved rep too! I got us Hughes, god damn it!

[sarcasm noted]
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Quinn, I like that pick based on the trade. We still got some pretty good players, we replace Bly (saving some cap room), we got a good young player at MLB for the Cover 2, we got a steal at end with a good player in Crowder and we get our future QB because Kitna and Martz will not be around forever. And Quinn was picked at pick 5 saving us some money and is a good player with great college coaching.

I like Sears but I would rather have seen a more athletic left guard type, but I guess they must have been off the board. I see Sears as more of a RG and not RT and I don't think Woody could move to Left guard. Sears is somewhat athletic but he is a big man at 320 and probably shouldn't be pulling that far if you plan on using him at Left Guard. I would think Sears and Woody would be at the same position or one of them would be out of place even though they have experience at other areas. Woody might be cut so Sears would replace him but we still have holes at LG and RT depending what you did in FA IMO. I thought Sears struggled at RT during the Senior Bowl practices so RT competing with Scott isn't the greatest option IMO. Ugoh IMO would be better at Right Tackle or a trade down in that Round and pick up of Beekman would have worked for me.

It might not be realistic as to what the Lions will do on draft day, but maybe it is something the Lions should do if they can make that trade. Everyone has accepted the fact that we shouldn't take a QB, but they are thinking short term because Martz is thinking short term. I know Quinn is falling, but I still think he is a good prospect and should sit a year until we finish building the line.

Did you guys shop McCown at all?

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 02-27-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daymeion Hughes just ran a 4.7 though. Yikes, maybe not such a great pick early Round 2. It's always better to judge in hindsight.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Daymeion Hughes just ran a 4.7 though. Yikes, maybe not such a great pick early Round 2. It's always better to judge in hindsight.
How would we have known that three days ago?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe change Hughes into Aaron Ross
(would he still be available @34?)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Maybe change Hughes into Aaron Ross
(would he still be available @34?)
Ross went in round one in the forum mock. Marcus McCauley is working his way back up the boards . . . maybe we could take a look at him.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Ross went in round one in the forum mock. Marcus McCauley is working his way back up the boards . . . maybe we could take a look at him.
Yeah, he would be my plan B as well, with Ross gone and Hughes being... well kinda slow, McCauley's probably the best corner on board at this point.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-27-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any suggestions for future picks, or positions of need we are missing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stock up on DB's and OL.. I'll recommend my hero, Mansfield Wrotto.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Took Doug Datish with our 4th rounder. Raiola doesn't really have a solid backup, and Datish is a guy who can play every position on the O-line. I would expect him to compete for a starting job at guard.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the pick i haven't rly looked hard to see what other good prospects were on the board but datish definitly adds depth to the oline which definitly helps
Old 03-02-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Took Chris Henry, RB - Arizona with first 5th rounder.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

And Joe Newton was my next pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Hughes is no longer a day one pick. But at the time the pick was made, he was a 1st Round/2nd Round pick. So it's still a great pick.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Took Chris Henry, RB - Arizona with first 5th rounder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
And Joe Newton was my next pick.
Good picks Scotty