Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Terrible, just terrible. Jackson is the worst possible WR we could take. and don't get me started on Laws.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laws was a good pick, he will be in on Passing down.

DeSean Jackson called it, good value will return kicks. Untill Rice makes him weight more like 200 lbs and gets him to run good routes, he won't see much time as WR. Will be good on screen and trick plays. I don't think he can beat the jam.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both of our picks could've been 1st rounders. Laws will be a great 3rd DT and Desean could be a solid receiver and a great returner for us. I didn't want him in the 1st but the 2nd is just fine for me.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Laws was a good pick, he will be in on Passing down.
He's not any better a penetrator than Bunkley or Patterson, and he's worse against the run than both of them, meanwhile, we still have a hole at safety.

Quote:
DeSean Jackson called it, good value will return kicks. Untill Rice makes him weight more like 200 lbs and gets him to run good routes, he won't see much time as WR. Will be good on screen and trick plays. I don't think he can beat the jam.
Kick returns might have cost us one game, but our red zone inadequacies cost us five games. Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed would have gone a long way towards fixing that problem. Jackson does absolutely nothing for us.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 04-26-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we might get Franklin in the third. We brought in DeSean and Dexter but we don;t need two of the same type of WR. I would rather have Dexter, but its good value in mid second for Desean.

We still have lito so stuff can happen
Old 04-26-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
I think we might get Franklin in the third. We brought in DeSean and Dexter but we don;t need two of the same type of WR. I would rather have Dexter, but its good value in mid second for Desean.

We still have lito so stuff can happen
We aren't trading Lito, especially after the players the Redskins took. We're gonna need three good corners to keep them in check.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Well get Godfery tommorw. Whats with this Booker pick up
Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

DFK, since when do rookie WR have an impact? They usually don't.

DeSean will start in the slot and at KR. I would have rather taken Sweed but.. I am really happy with DeSean

Laws will be the 3rd DT and get alot of playing time. DT was a need, both our backups aren't true DTs they should be playing DE on a 3-4 team and I think that a rotation of Bunkley, Patterson and Laws has potential to be amazing.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Well get Godfery tommorw. Whats with this Booker pick up
I really like the Booker pickup, he is similar to Westbrook and can return kicks
Old 04-26-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

He can returnt kicks ??? I didn't see any return stats on him
Old 04-26-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jackson's explosiveness just fine. I think he will be a consistent PR/KR, and he can be a nice decoy. The guy can flat out ball and put up good numbers in the Pac 10 this year. I would have much preferred Sweed over DJax, but he wasn't a bad pick. My #1 WR in this class is James Hardy. A little upset that they didn't go get him ahead of Buffalo.

I like Laws quite a bit. The dude can flat out penetrate, and he has an awesome motor. He will be a great addition in the DT rotation.

Throw in the fact that the Eagles added Booker to solidify the RB group, got another #1 pick next year, and they have even more ammo tomorrow, and I like this day.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the Eagles site on Laws:

Positives: Has a shorter-than-ideal frame, but has a thick bone structure with long arms, large hands, wide waist and hips, thick thighs and calves, very good chest, shoulder and arm muscle development ... Has outstanding strength, evident in his hand punch, and excels at using his upper-body power to slap away reach blocks on a consistent basis ... Physical bull rusher who plays with a non-stop motor ... Has a sudden burst off the snap and is constantly working his hands to gain position in attempts to split double teams ... Plays at a low pad level, showing the lateral range to make plays down the line ... Has the functional speed to pressure the pocket and takes good angles to close once he gains penetration ... Despite his size, he would be a nice fit for the three-technique due to his natural quickness flowing to the ball, hand placement and lower-body strength that he uses to get off the snap to collapse the pocket ... Showed marked improvement as a pass rusher, using a quick swim move to gain advantage over the outside shoulder fo a lineman ... Quick enough to slant and has a nifty spin move when locked on ... Has the functional strength to anchor and is combative vs. combo blocks (just needs to keep blockers off his body to have success) ... Showed better ability at left end than inside in attempts to get in the gaps and disrupt the pocket ... Plays quick, not fast, but does a good job of reading and reacting to blocks and movement when he is on the move than when anchoring inside ... When he locates the ball, he will flash good reaction and urgency to close on the play ... Better playing on the move than when sitting and reading ... Has the functional burst to catch ballcarriers from behind ... As a "three" technique, he is much better controlling inside action when he keeps his pads down ... Can split the double teams from the B-gap, but will struggle some in the A-gap ... Uses his hands effectively to control and shed (when blockers latch on to him first, he will get washed out of the play) ... When he chases from sideline to sideline, he refuses to give up on a play ... Has some problems getting through traffic, but gives good chase from the back side ... Does best on twists and games as a pass rusher and can generate a surge on the pocket ... Does a nice job of getting his hands up to deflect passes or block kicks ... Showed as a senior that he has learned how to throw a lot of motion at blockers to get a push off the snap ... Likes to power through blocks, but has improved a bit with his attempts to maintain separation and get rid of the blocker with arm-over action on the pass rush ... Takes dead aim on the quarterback once he beats the blocker off the line and has the burst to bend and close coming off edge (will struggle when having to shoot inside gaps and is better when on the outside shoulder of the blocker).
Compares To: Kelly Gregg-Baltimore ... Like Gregg, Laws was a standout wrestler during his prep days and uses that physical nature and active hands to compensate for a lack of size. He will struggle to penetrate from the A-gap, but is a disruptive defender with a good feel for blocking pressure. He has the strong anchor to stack and shed and with his upper-body strength, he has become very good at driving the ballcarrier back through the rush lane. A classic overachiever, size limits Laws as a gap player, but he has the lateral range and good concept for taking angles to be disruptive once he slips into the backfield.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

From the Eagles site on DeSean Jackson:

Positives: Lacks bulk on his lean frame, but shows good muscle tone, adequate bubble, good arm length, natural hands and tapered thighs and calves ... Split high with good leg length, as his lower body looks and runs like a sprinter's ... Has just adequate strength to fight for tough catches, but shows the sudden burst to elude in the open field ... While he has sprinter's speed, it is not like that of a normal track man, as he has a rapid stride with quick feet and the lateral agility to get in and out of a crowd with his flexible torso and hips that lets him adjust on the move ... Highly motivated and intense player who works to finish and is not afraid of contact, but needs to tone down his emotions (gets caught up in trash talk and is taken out of his game when he spends too much time jawing with an opponent) ... Gives a good effort in the training room and is an intelligent athlete who knows how to game plan for his upcoming opponent ... Can be a vocal leader when he needs to and can handle tough coaching ... Shows outstanding explosion off the snap with excellent get-off speed ... Quick-twitch type who might struggle vs. a strong press, but has the lateral agility to set up the defender and get the opponent out of his backpedal earlier than desired ... Has a good rolling burst to his break point, doing a nice job of lowering his pads throughout the route's progression ... When he sinks his pads, he is very fluid accelerating out of his breaks ... Runs posts and slants cleanly and has a good understanding for stems, sticks and leverage (must improve transition) ... Avoids defenders and works back to the pocket when the quarterback needs to scramble ... Finds and sits in soft areas, waiting for the reception and has the rare speed to close the gap on off-man coverage, as he does a good job of extending and gaining a step for the over-the-shoulder grabs ... Very creative on the move with fluid hips. He needs work on his transition cuts, but he can run past defenders on deep routes ... Has good ability to extend and pluck the ball outside his frame, especially on off motion and swing routes ... Will round routes at times, but has the ability to create separation after the catch ... Holds on to the ball after the collision and, while he will not hesitate on routes coming inside, he will lose focus when he hears the defender's feet ... Is a true threat to challenge the deep secondary, but in 2007, Cal quarterbacks could not get the ball to Jackson consistently ... Has the body control to make adjustments to the ball in flight due to his torso flexibility and adjusts fluidly to off-target throws ... Slides to catch the ball within the framework of his body and has good body control to adjust to off-target throws ... Has the ability to make the hard plant, allowing the defender to slide by and then burst around his opponent to gain extra yardage after the catch ... Does not back down and can drop his weight in front of a defender, but is just a marginal blocker.
Compares To: Steve Smith-Carolina ... Some experts compare him to Santana Moss, but he is much more explosive in his drive off the ball to the break point and brings much more value on special teams. Others liken him to Devin Hester, but he is not in that class yet as a returner and, because of size issues, he has never really taken to the kickoff-return role. Jackson is a better deep threat with better hands as a receiver than Hester. He is a few inches bigger than Smith, but both have a combination of explosive burst, quick change-of-direction agility and cutting ability to threaten the deep secondary consistently.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

An OK first day. I like the Laws pick but I guess I'm just annoyed with the Jackson pick. Of all the receivers I felt he was the one that fit the team the least. Maybe it's the punt returner stigma Jackson has hanging over his head. I guess safety isn't that much of a concern, or the team feels the better value is on sunday. I do really like the fact that the team will have two picks in next years first round. Maybe they tuck away those picks and use them on a safety (someone like Myron Rolle) and OT next year.

Well the team has nine picks left. You would think that Reid would whittle that number down to 6 or 7 before days end, right? Here are my questions going into tomorrow:

I'm not sure which direction the team could go in order to address safety, if they're going to in this draft. Maybe Reggie Smith or DaJuan Morgan?

If they're going to address OT do they take a look at projects Carl Nicks, Anthony Collins or Oneil Cousins?

The team made a concerted effort to acquire a play making, red zone target WR through trades and FA but ended up taking DeSean Jackson who, for all intents and purposes, looks like a second round punt returner at this point. Can he make that catch in the corner of the end zone? Can he go across the middle consistently? Or is he just another Kevin Curtis in terms of his WR skills? Is the team still looking for a big, red zone target at WR?

Will the team add depth to an already young LB position?

I guess those are my main questions. I'm sure the team will be just as busy tomorrow as they were today.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Reggie Smith is still around and Tom Zib
Old 04-26-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I wouldn't mind Reggie Smith at all. He would be a very good FS, I think.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am also shocked that Dan Connor is still around. That guy is an unbelievable talent. Whoever gets him is getting a steal.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't care if Laws can penetrate better. Just I would never draft a player in the 1st 2 rounds if there would be a 0% chance that he will EVER start for my team. Bunk played very well in his 2nd year and he's going to be one hell of a player. Bunk was a top 10 talent that slipped to us at 14. Patterson was 3rd in the league in tackles for a DT and still being very young. I'd want my young DT's playing as much as possible. And it's not like these guys can't rush the passer or push the pocket.

I like the depth but not for our 1st pick of the draft.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Connor.... what 3 lbs were picked 2 in the top 10. and one in the second.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

We have no good depth at DT. And I think he was good he has a non stop motor on passing downs. He will play since we like to rotate our DTs. Bunk is good against the run, but he can't alway get through on pass plays for sacks.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the eagles knew that there would be some quality safeties left in round 3. Maybe for a trade up also if they really like a guy. Josh Barrett, Reggie Smith, Thomas DeCoud, Charles Godfrey and DaJuan Morgan.

And just to get everyone in the mood.....

Last edited by Eaglez.Fan : 04-26-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Eaglez.Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Solid day IMO... for the 2nd year in a row no one got our attention too much. Wells gives us someone in the rotation at DT and depth which I like, and DeSean Jackson pick I like, he could be our Devin Hester. Our KR game hasn't been good at all and maybe he can step in right away and fix that. He could also develop to be like Santana Moss type WR. I liked the Booker pickup to gives us a Westbrook like guy to have in case he gets hurt.

Do you guys think we are gonna trade Lito or is it too late?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
He can returnt kicks ??? I didn't see any return stats on him
doesn't mean he can't return kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I honestly don't care if Laws can penetrate better. Just I would never draft a player in the 1st 2 rounds if there would be a 0% chance that he will EVER start for my team. Bunk played very well in his 2nd year and he's going to be one hell of a player. Bunk was a top 10 talent that slipped to us at 14. Patterson was 3rd in the league in tackles for a DT and still being very young. I'd want my young DT's playing as much as possible. And it's not like these guys can't rush the passer or push the pocket.

I like the depth but not for our 1st pick of the draft.
Laws is not a depth pick, he will get significant playing time due to the fact the Eagles like to rotate DTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
got another #1 pick next year

I think we completely owned Carolina in that trade.

Time to be concerned with the Panthers. What do you guys think that pick will be like? I'm thinking top- 10 if everything goes the Eagles way. There is also the possibility of the pick being in the high to mid 20's. I hope it is top 10.

The panthers have a good Offense and if they can all stay healthy then thay could be really good.
The Defense I don't know much about but I think they have an open LB spot with the departure of Morgan. The D-line has completely crashed this off season with every one leaving and Safety play isn't the best. This what I assume but I could be wrong because I don't really follow the panthers.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Trevor Laws was a roommate of Eagles DE Victor Abiamiri at Notre Dame intresting little bit of info.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=15391

Quote:
When defensive tackle Trevor Laws reports to his first mini-camp as a Philadelphia Eagle next weekend, he will see at least one familiar face - his former college roommate at Notre Dame, defensive end Victor Abiamiri.

His pre-existing friendship with Abiamiri can't hurt either, and in some situations, the former roommates could end up playing side-by-side once again.

"We're real close friends. We were roommates for over a year," Laws said. "I talk to him on a weekly basis almost. It's really exciting to go to the same team as him."

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 04-27-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson will be a beast for the Eagles. You can quote me on that.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote