Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shockey is damaged goods. That said, Brees is much better at targeting his TE than Eli.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
First Vilma then Morgan now Shockey they are signing big names but big names with serious injury questions... Im not convinced that shockey let alone any player can come back and ever be 100% after breaking their leg...
They are not only signing big names, they have made it a point to go out and get as many Miami Hurricanes as they can. I expect some U's being thrown around in the Super Dome.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

linky

Pro Football Weekly is hearing that the Saints and Giants may already have a deal in place that would send Jeremy Shockey to New Orleans.
PFW isn't the greatest source, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen says he's heard similar rumors. Pro Football Weekly says the deal would send "multiple picks" to New York, including the Saints' second-round pick (No. 40 overall). An NFL source tells Profootballtalk.com that Shockey hasn't heard a trade is done.
Source: Pro Football Weekly

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if this is true. None of the beat writers have mentioned anything, which is really rare because someone would have let the cat of the bag so to speak. And the national media is always late compared to the local media in picking up stories, that usually are run here first. Could be the Giants don't want to announce it yet? Yeah, but I want to see it in print first by Ralph V, Vinny D, Arthur Staple, or Mike Garafolo before I believe it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why the Saints love building offense and ignore that defense. Sure they've upgraded it some this offseason but their secondary still isn't built for shoot outs.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Aaron Stecker is serviceable at best and I still think we found a diamond in the rough in Pierre Thomas. Whether or not, the coaching staff wants to make PT "the man" is yet to be seen.
I like how you don't even mention the #2 overall pick of the 2006 draft as a possibility. Not saying you should, I just find it funny.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
They still need a healthy running back.
I would take the Bush/McAlister/Thomas combo any day. Thomas if healthy is a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I don't know if this is true. .
You mean you don't want it to be true because your username will no longer make sense?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
First Vilma then Morgan now Shockey they are signing big names but big names with serious injury questions... Im not convinced that shockey let alone any player can come back and ever be 100% after breaking their leg...
Steve Smith broke his left leg, and came back just as beastly as ever...Bones heal alot faster, and better then tendons or ACLs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-25-2008 at 08:19 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I would take the Bush/McAlister/Thomas combo any day. Thomas if healthy is a beast.
With the rate that McAllister and Thomas get injured, you're essentially saying you'd take Reggie Bush any day. I certainly wouldn't.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
You mean you don't want it to be true because your username will no longer make sense?
Nah I am a mod for our official site so I could change it. Not really a big deal. Actually someone mentioned Boss +Manning= Banning, lol, which I thought was funny. But nah stupid stuff like username means nothing to me in the scheme of things.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Eric Johnson not good enough?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I don't know why the Saints love building offense and ignore that defense. Sure they've upgraded it some this offseason but their secondary still isn't built for shoot outs.
Because talks of giving up our stud LT for an unproven DT definitely means we're ignoring our defense. Yep.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah I am a mod for our official site so I could change it. Not really a big deal. Actually someone mentioned Boss +Manning= Banning, lol, which I thought was funny. But nah stupid stuff like username means nothing to me in the scheme of things.
hahahhahaa! do it! that would be a kick ass sn.

as for this trade, ive said all along, im fine whether it happened or didn't happen. We had all the leverage here, and Im excited about having the 41st pick.

Shockey, I love the player. I honestly felt based on his play last year, that he's the best blocking TE out of all the pass catching TEs in the league. He's also a stud receiver, the problem is he would never realize his potential in our system.

I promise you this, under Payton, Shockey is going to beast it if he stays healthy. People don't realize how good Shockey is because the system held him back so much with us. But with the Saints, I think he'll be a top 3 maybe top 2 TE in the league next year if he can stay healthy.

As for us being better or not without him...we're not but we are. We lose a lot in the run game bc his blocking is incredible, but you can't help but notice how much more comfortable Eli was running that huddle without him and having a reliable route runner with soft hands like Boss on the field. It could be another example of addition by subtraction.

but in all honesty, this is most likely a win/win situation for both sides. Shockey got he wanted, and the Giants do whats best for Eli.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could the Saints reach for Kentwan Balmer?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
hahahhahaa! do it! that would be a kick ass sn.

as for this trade, ive said all along, im fine whether it happened or didn't happen. We had all the leverage here, and Im excited about having the 41st pick.

Shockey, I love the player. I honestly felt based on his play last year, that he's the best blocking TE out of all the pass catching TEs in the league. He's also a stud receiver, the problem is he would never realize his potential in our system.

I promise you this, under Payton, Shockey is going to beast it if he stays healthy. People don't realize how good Shockey is because the system held him back so much with us. But with the Saints, I think he'll be a top 3 maybe top 2 TE in the league next year if he can stay healthy.

As for us being better or not without him...we're not but we are. We lose a lot in the run game bc his blocking is incredible, but you can't help but notice how much more comfortable Eli was running that huddle without him and having a reliable route runner with soft hands like Boss on the field. It could be another example of addition by subtraction.

but in all honesty, this is most likely a win/win situation for both sides. Shockey got he wanted, and the Giants do whats best for Eli.
We say that about Eli and Shockey, but our running game, specifically Jacobs sucked without Shockey. We can't power without him sealing the outside, and against playoff calibar teams, especially in the playoffs, Jacobs can't run well against these defenses if we can't run our bread and butter running play. Are we going to run power with Mathews and Boss?

Below are plays from the Eagles breakdown I did earlier in the year. Overall I am not happy with this move at all, if we did in fact trade shockey.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shock, youre forgetting one thing though: It was Boss's rookie year. Give him time, he'll get better at blocking. Look at the exponential improvement Boss made blocking from week 1 up to the SB.

Now he'll have an entire TC to get even better. He'll be a solid blocker, we just have to exercise patience. Again, he was just a rookie. If you compare his blocking as a rookie to Shockey's blocking when he was a rookie, Boss is on pace to be actually a better blocker.

But we just have to give it time. Also, our run game will probably be readjusted to make up for it. Im guessing more plays with Matthews on the field as well.

If this means Bradshaw gets more carries, that might be indirectly a good thing. Again, we have to exercise patience, let's give Boss a shot to show what he can do. I have confidence in him.

He's no Shockey, but he's not a bad TE either.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have a link to confirm?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Could the Saints reach for Kentwan Balmer?
Do that, and you have Jonathan Sullivan all over again.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Shock, youre forgetting one thing though: It was Boss's rookie year. Give him time, he'll get better at blocking. Look at the exponential improvement Boss made blocking from week 1 up to the SB.

Now he'll have an entire TC to get even better. He'll be a solid blocker, we just have to exercise patience. Again, he was just a rookie. If you compare his blocking as a rookie to Shockey's blocking when he was a rookie, Boss is on pace to be actually a better blocker.

But we just have to give it time. Also, our run game will probably be readjusted to make up for it. Im guessing more plays with Matthews on the field as well.

If this means Bradshaw gets more carries, that might be indirectly a good thing. Again, we have to exercise patience, let's give Boss a shot to show what he can do. I have confidence in him.

He's no Shockey, but he's not a bad TE either.

It's not the patience part, I have an issue with, it's Jacobs running our bread and butter play. If our guys can't seal, Jacobs will get stopped in the backfield. Not only that his vision sucks, and he has no cutback ability. If it was Bradshaw or Ward I don't have to worry about both have cutback ability and vision. One specific example was the BIlls game, on Bradshaw's TD. That was power! And it fell apart, and bradshaw used his vision and then cut it back backside, and went in for a long TD. That's fine, I can deal with failed plays IF we have the right guy to see it and fix it. I have broke down enough games to realize Jacobs sucks at that. If the play is 28 power, Jacobs is so concentrated in hitting the "8" hole, that he doesn't see anything else. Furthermore, he doesn't run full speed because he is waiting for our guards to pull, so he is jogging, and at that speed and height, he is going to get tackled in the backfield, because our TEs can't seal. Patience is a non issue, it's what we need now. That next step this upcoming season.

And on top of that jacobs wants a bigger contract for his extension. If we can't run power, his stats will get hurt. Hell I'd rather run more ISO and lead all day against defenses, but Gilbride doesn't do that as much. I just don't like this deal. People are so worried about how it positively effects Eli that they don't see the potential negative that it can have on our running game.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
It's not the patience part, I have an issue with, it's Jacobs running our bread and butter play. If our guys can't seal, Jacobs will get stopped in the backfield. Not only that his vision sucks, and he has no cutback ability. If it was Bradshaw or Ward I don't have to worry about both have cutback ability and vision. One specific example was the BIlls game, on Bradshaw's TD. That was power! And it fell apart, and bradshaw used his vision and then cut it back backside, and went in for a long TD. That's fine, I can deal with failed plays IF we have the right guy to see it and fix it. I have broke down enough games to realize Jacobs sucks at that. If the play is 28 power, Jacobs is so concentrated in hitting the "8" hole, that he doesn't see anything else. Furthermore, he doesn't run full speed because he is waiting for our guards to pull, so he is jogging, and at that speed and height, he is going to get tackled in the backfield, because our TEs can't seal. Patience is a non issue, it's what we need now. That next step this upcoming season.

And on top of that jacobs wants a bigger contract for his extension. If we can't run power, his stats will get hurt. Hell I'd rather run more ISO and lead all day against defenses, but Gilbride doesn't do that as much. I just don't like this deal. People are so worried about how it positively effects Eli that they don't see the potential negative that it can have on our running game.
Well as you know, Im not the biggest Jacobs fan myself. I guess all we can do is hope Boss gets his blocking up to a point where he can seal the outside by the start of the regular season. Its possible.

If not we're going to have to use Matthews more. But then that makes our play selection predictable.

You say it all the time: In Reese we trust. If he made this move, he made it for a reason. He knows what he's doing.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the giants should trade shockey for a 2nd then move brandon jacobs to TE. a 6'4 264 lb TE who runs a 4.4. hes uber physical and can block. then they can start bradshaw, and get an extra 2nd rounder.

and please arealize im joking lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Well as you know, Im not the biggest Jacobs fan myself. I guess all we can do is hope Boss gets his blocking up to a point where he can seal the outside by the start of the regular season. Its possible.

If not we're going to have to use Matthews more. But then that makes our play selection predictable.

You say it all the time: In Reese we trust. If he made this move, he made it for a reason. He knows what he's doing.
Yeah this is true. I hope he does know what he is doing. This would be the one potential move, if Shockey, is indeed traded that I disagree with it. I like the Luke P move, and didn't mind the David D move. Kiwi was ok, but this would be the one I will watch like a hawk this season, especially in our run game. Hopefully now, if Shockey is traded, we pick someone that can help be an impact to this franchise.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Does anyone have a link to confirm?
Unfortunately not.
I have been listening to SIRIUS... it sounds like something that is almost completed. But may not be finished till tommorrow.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Shock, I just looked back at the stat lines for our running game after Shockey went out, particularly in the playoffs, and youre right, there was a significant dropoff in production by our run game when Shockey went out.

Especially with Jacobs. Bradshaw still held his own.

At first i wasn't too worried, but after going through and crunching the numbers, and seeing how significant the dropoff was (it was literally about 35-40 yards a game), it is concerning.

I guess the only thing I can think of is again, hoping that Boss improves his blocking even more during TC, and perhaps giving Bradshaw/Ward more carries and not making Jacobs our feature back. Im in favor of a 15/15 split, but who knows how they wind up splitting the carries. Should be something to pay attention to though.