Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

so did Shockey want to get traded? if so i guess i understand
but if not then i think the Giants should have keep him IMO
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Shockey is damaged goods. That said, Brees is much better at targeting his TE than Eli.
Much, much better.

This is a great deal for the Saints. and honestly the Giants getting a second +anything else is a good deal for a malcontent who they won a Super Bowl without.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Now what would it take to trade up with the Rams? #10 this year, 3rd rounder, and 1st round next year?

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think this rules out them trading up to get Dorsey or Ellis. Im pretty sure they will stay put at 10 now.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Shock, I just looked back at the stat lines for our running game after Shockey went out, particularly in the playoffs, and youre right, there was a significant dropoff in production by our run game when Shockey went out.

Especially with Jacobs. Bradshaw still held his own.

At first i wasn't too worried, but after going through and crunching the numbers, and seeing how significant the dropoff was (it was literally about 35-40 yards a game), it is concerning.

I guess the only thing I can think of is again, hoping that Boss improves his blocking even more during TC, and perhaps giving Bradshaw/Ward more carries and not making Jacobs our feature back. Im in favor of a 15/15 split, but who knows how they wind up splitting the carries. Should be something to pay attention to though.

That's what I am saying.. We run power, and if we can't seal the edge then our Titanic sinks. But we use Bradshaw he sees that the play is shot, and cuts it back like he did on the TD in the Bills game. Keep watching that play over, that's a perfect example of what vision can do, if a play is doomed to fail from the get go. Jacobs would keep running trying to plow his way for a 1 yard or 2. So while everyone says Eli did well with Shockey out, our running game dropped against these playoff teams in the playoffs.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Yeah. Boss can't block. I still hope this doesn't happen.

I think Rosenhaus really wanted a new contract and they weren't going to give one.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3368412

deal has caught a snag
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Loomis really wants him, it should be finalized tommorrow sometime.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Could the Saints reach for Kentwan Balmer?
Don't say **** like that.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I'm Loomis, I would let them sweat it out....

I have a good feeling the Giants will take a 3rd for Shockey..their just waiting for Loomis to blink...which he won't.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post

I have a good feeling the Giants will take a 3rd for Shockey..their just waiting for Loomis to blink...which he won't.
Yeah, Loomis doesn't f'n play around.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why haven't the Saints just drafted a decent tight end over the last three or four years instead of signing a bunch of scrubs?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post

Yeah the Giants who were offered a 2nd round pick already would now take a 3rd rounder instead for their all pro TE who is their biggest money maker to the orginization over the last 4 or so years (jerseys and shirts). Makes perfect sense
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll get done for the 2nd and some pick switch a roo

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Why haven't the Saints just drafted a decent tight end over the last three or four years instead of signing a bunch of scrubs?
IDK, why haven't the vikings?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
or cincinnati (thank god we got Utecht though)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I honestly don't know why. Just wasn't a priority. Hopefully it is this year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:54 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this deal doesn't get done, I say either Lito is a Saint by the end of the day or they trade up from #10. I don't think they'll sit still during draft day after being involved in so many rumors the past couple weeks. I could even see them getting Shockey or Lito, and still trade up using future picks.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:31 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so do you think you guys still try to move up for Ellis?
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we will. I would love for us to come away with Sedrick Ellis (or Dorsey if he falls *crossing fingers*) and Lito Sheppard. I'm not too high on the whole Shockey thing.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I think we will. I would love for us to come away with Sedrick Ellis (or Dorsey if he falls *crossing fingers*) and Lito Sheppard. I'm not too high on the whole Shockey thing.
"Not too high on the whole Shockey thing" is a vast understatement for me.

Good organizations take smart risks with certain injured players. The Saints did that with Drew Brees and it paid off tremendously. But he was operated on and rehabbed by the best sports medicine doctor in the United States, Dr. James Andrews. It seems, however, that we are going overboard with trying to trade for and sign big name players coming off big injuries. Jonathan Vilma (who I fully expect to recuperate 100%) and Dan Morgan are the two latest that we're going to try and rely on. Vilma I'm sure will do fine but Morgan is one more hit away from living the rest of his life in a wheelchair and eating his meals through a straw. Now we're trying to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy who will NEVER be the same again after coming off a very significant injury.

There is no way, no ******* way that Shockey is able to perform as well as he did after having his leg broken. I don't see why the Saints are so gung-ho to trade for him in the first place. I guess the idea of drafting a TE and developing never struck them. A trade for Shockey is idiotic. We have a team that performs well together and doesn't blame anyone person for the loss. With Shockey you will have that. What if Brees fails to get him the ball throughout the first half? Shockey will ***** him out in a pre-game interview. Does that bode well for team chemistry?

I respect Shockey, I do, and I think he's a good player but do I want my team to trade our 2nd round pick for him? No. He's injured too often, is too much of a locker room cancer, and bitches too much. If our GM had half a brain he'd let the idea die. Sure, he can crunch numbers but trading for a guy who won't be the same and will tear your team apart? C'mon. You gotta be kidding me. It seems that Mickey Loomis doesn't even watch football and just casually pays attention to it. That's probably why we're only going after big name guys. It doesn't matter that their injured. Oh, they have an injury concern? **** it. Sign them! ******* moron.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 04-26-2008 at 08:40 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'd just like to say that NO is being stupid, they should really just be offering to switch 2nds and give us a 3rd, that way they could still have some ammo to move up.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
"Not too high on the whole Shockey thing" is a vast understatement for me.

Good organizations take smart risks with certain injured players. The Saints did that with Drew Brees and it paid off tremendously. But he was operated on and rehabbed by the best sports medicine doctor in the United States, Dr. James Andrews. It seems, however, that we are going overboard with trying to trade for and sign big name players coming off big injuries. Jonathan Vilma (who I fully expect to recuperate 100%) and Dan Morgan are the two latest that we're going to try and rely on. Vilma I'm sure will do fine but Morgan is one more hit away from living the rest of his life in a wheelchair and eating his meals through a straw. Now we're trying to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy who will NEVER be the same again after coming off a very significant injury.

There is no way, no ******* way that Shockey is able to perform as well as he did after having his leg broken. I don't see why the Saints are so gung-ho to trade for him in the first place. I guess the idea of drafting a TE and developing never struck them. A trade for Shockey is idiotic. We have a team that performs well together and doesn't blame anyone person for the loss. With Shockey you will have that. What if Brees fails to get him the ball throughout the first half? Shockey will ***** him out in a pre-game interview. Does that bode well for team chemistry?

I respect Shockey, I do, and I think he's a good player but do I want my team to trade our 2nd round pick for him? No. He's injured too often, is too much of a locker room cancer, and bitches too much. If our GM had half a brain he'd let the idea die. Sure, he can crunch numbers but trading for a guy who won't be the same and will tear your team apart? C'mon. You gotta be kidding me. It seems that Mickey Loomis doesn't even watch football and just casually pays attention to it. That's probably why we're only going after big name guys. It doesn't matter that their injured. Oh, they have an injury concern? **** it. Sign them! ******* moron.
Nice to see someone else taking the time to write in depth about why we shouldn't trade for Shockey. I just didn't have the time to do that earlier. Still trying to finish up some schoolwork before the Draft starts :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worse comes to worse we keep Shockey, and try to increase his role as a pass reciever. Now with Boss, Mathews, and Johnson coming back, someone should be able to block on the otherwise. So I wouldn't mind seeing an increase of TE concept plays for both Boss and Shockey.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now i want to trade shockey... we really dont need him in the passing game, in the running game we will miss him, but we could always get John Carlson.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote