Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Right now i want to trade shockey... we really dont need him in the passing game, in the running game we will miss him, but we could always get John Carlson.
While we don't Need him, he is still a weapon that we can utilize. Having said that he also has as much value as a blocking TE to go along with pass recieving. Trading him away is stupid in my opinion. All he wants is an increase role. Now with 3 TEs on our roster excluding Shockey, we can find a way of getting him the ball.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this is dead I guess since the Saints picked at 40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its dead unless we get what we are asking for in a future first round pick, whether it be from saints, tampa, or seattle

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So this is dead I guess since the Saints picked at 40?
Yep. Unless Reese & Loomis start talking after the draft, the deal seems dead.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Yep. Unless Reese & Loomis start talking after the draft, the deal seems dead.
Tracy Porter and a 2009 first rounder for shockey would make me content, even though I love Shockey.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Tracy Porter and a 2009 first rounder for shockey would make me content, even though I love Shockey.
Lawlz. Um, how about... no?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
yea doubt that would happen, i dont think peyton would give up Roman Harper or Tracy Porter, both are his guys and he reached a little to ensure he got both of them.

I dont think this trade will go down unless the saints see something in shockey that would make them trade a 1st. or if they are horrible on offense. If shockey was traded to you then i think that run offense would really benefit, the passing offense as well.

If it doesnt happen before the trade deadline, i dont think it will ever happen.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Tracy Porter was not a reach.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Lawlz. Um, how about... no?
Na it sounds good to me. You know the saints want to make that trade.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Tracy Porter was not a reach.
i wasnt really directing the reach part toward Porter, but valuewise it was a bit of a reach.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wasnt really directing the reach part toward Porter, but valuewise it was a bit of a reach.
Eh. Scott had him going at #50, he went at #40. Not really a reach imo.

Joe Flacco? Sam Baker? Yeah.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

10 picks is still a bit of a reach, but yes nothing comparable to Baker or Flacco

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2008, 03:33 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Baker was ranked at #32 by Mayock, #33 by Scott. And that was before the big run on tackles. He was picked at #21. He was never going to make it to #34 once the top 5 tackles had gone by #19. It was a bit of a need-reach, but I think it's being overplayed massively by some.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

I guess I liked Porter more than most because I thought that pick was huge for the saints.

As for Baker I understand that pick aswell, was he the 21st best pick in this draft? No, but he was the 6th best LT in this draft and so I understand the pick.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might still have some legs to it...

Quote:
AROUND THE LEAGUE: League sources indicate the Saints' pursuit of Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey did not end when a draft-day deal between the clubs could not be reached. Coach Sean Payton believes Shockey is a perfect fit for the Saints' offense, and he still desperately wants the player to be wearing a black-and-gold uniform this season. Shockey has informed the Giants of his unhappiness, and apparently unwillingness, to play again in New York. Don't be surprised if the trade is finalized in the coming weeks. According to New York's Newsday, Shockey has four years remaining on his five-year, $26.3 million contract extension, including $1.9 million due this season.
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...l=1&thispage=2

Quote:
Old 05-04-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shockey gets his ring and runs haha
Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I do believe a TE like Shockey would be the last missing piece to the Saints Offense, but I'm not willing to give up a 1st round pick for him and I'm not sure the Giants would take anything less at this point. Who knows.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

If we gave up a first for Shockey, I'm storming to see Mickey Loomis.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we gave up a first for Shockey, I'm storming to see Mickey Loomis.
It wouldn't be the worst value a team has gotten when trading their 1st round pick for a receiving threat recently.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man this shockey thing still isn't dead yet. I am curious, however, to see what happens when training camp rolls around.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
It wouldn't be the worst value a team has gotten when trading their 1st round pick for a receiving threat recently.
Right, because writing a WR off after a redshirt season makes total sense.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ok i understand that payton really seems to love shockey ( for whatever reasons , since he doesnt fit his standarts ) but its annoying to read that the saints are in desperate need for a receiving TE every year. just look at drew brees stats and the passing offense in a whole , i dont see there a big need. we are loaded with receiving talent , and our most constant TE the last half decade was lamont hall a through and through blocking TE.

before giants fans bash me : i know he "can" do block very well. but telling everyone that he is used incorrectly while having about 800y receiving yards is a little over the hill. what do he want ? 1500y and 20 TD ? if thats the answer i can guarantee you guys he will be lost in our system. there are two up and comming young Studs on WR , a Speedster in the slot , 3 RBs who catch the ball very well. campbell as a good blocker and a solid receiver. karney a good FB and very versatile . nothing against talent on TE but not this headcase and please not for this price.

payton didnt want to spend more than a 2nd rounder on draft day and now that the giants seems to be desperate in moving shockey away , i don´t see the price will go up , more down . but thats just me.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
ok i understand that payton really seems to love shockey ( for whatever reasons , since he doesnt fit his standarts ) but its annoying to read that the saints are in desperate need for a receiving TE every year. just look at drew brees stats and the passing offense in a whole , i dont see there a big need. we are loaded with receiving talent , and our most constant TE the last half decade was lamont hall a through and through blocking TE.

before giants fans bash me : i know he "can" do block very well. but telling everyone that he is used incorrectly while having about 800y receiving yards is a little over the hill. what do he want ? 1500y and 20 TD ? if thats the answer i can guarantee you guys he will be lost in our system. there are two up and comming young Studs on WR , a Speedster in the slot , 3 RBs who catch the ball very well. campbell as a good blocker and a solid receiver. karney a good FB and very versatile . nothing against talent on TE but not this headcase and please not for this price.

payton didnt want to spend more than a 2nd rounder on draft day and now that the giants seems to be desperate in moving shockey away , i don´t see the price will go up , more down . but thats just me.

Obviously Payton doesn't agree with you, thats the point your missing...You keep saying how the Saints TE's needs to block first, and the reason Shockey is going there is to be utilized in the passing game and not as much blocking.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Obviously Payton doesn't agree with you, thats the point your missing...You keep saying how the Saints TE's needs to block first, and the reason Shockey is going there is to be utilized in the passing game and not as much blocking.
no you dídn´t read it all.

i said : the TEs has to block also. its in the nature of things , we go out with a lot of 3 RB sets combined with a lot of 4 WR sets also, payton can be creative. but we have not only the quantity in the backfield but also the salary there. it would be very stupid to share the touches between lets say reggie and shock. we re-constructured deuce´s contract , so he will be just back to be atleast a 10 touches guy , pierre thomas is on the rise and everyone here is looking forward to reggies real break-out. meachem is there , colston , miller has a motor , patten had a real solid year , devery is back for the deep balls. i never mind talent on offense, but shock has to understand that its very probable getting fewer touches as in new york

i believe he is a nasty blocker if he want to. but complaining about getting used wrong while having receiver-like numbers is very strange. that said , i doubt he will get more with the saints. drew brees doenst have a favourite target and the stories about loving TEs is laughable since gates seems to be the only legit target in SD for a while. brees showed that he prefers to spread the passes , with a little emphasis on colston and we are building a running game , we added more beef to the OL , every year since payton arrived , so at first the dissapointed Running game has to be used correctly.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

GS,

He can be used alot more in the passing game. Problem is we basically use Shockey in blocking for our bread and butter run play. He actually is vital for it, and when he went down our running game, mainly Jacobs had issues running power concept because Boss had trouble sealing the edge.

But in terms of passing attack, he def. could have been used more like he was under Payton. More TE screens and basically getting the ball in his hands so he can do stuff. Now it's a credit to Shockey that he still had good stats even though other guys on this team got fed the ball. We throw to everyone on our offense, but we certainly have room to get him involved even more than we are.