Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ayodele & Fasano Traded to Miami

http://dal.scout.com/2/749778.html

This gets back into the 4th round and at the top. I have no issues w/this trade at all. Ayodele was never what I had expected and Fasano was a solid backup TE, but he was definetely expendable.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. No big losses for us and another pick (basically) in the 3rd. Pick up an ILB or NT (Rubin).
Old 04-25-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to miss Fasano. I've always saw him as a fine player and a luxury to have as our 2nd TE. But I can't be to shocked that Parcell's wanted him, but it just caught me off guard. Man.

See ya Akin.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO I just KNEW Ayodele was out of here, Jerry hinted at that more then a few times...Burnett should see an expanded role, even with ZT there.

Fasano I have always been high on, watch him go there and be a player, I doubt we look Finley's way but if he's there late I would be beyond overjoyed, if anything but for just his redzone ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its seems a little lopsided in favor of Miami, but, I guess getting back into the 4th is a relief. You had better have a very good plan Jerry.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would of wanted a 3rd actually, but to be honest, you cant under value getting someone like Akin out of the lineup, I think that right there makes us better, I love Thomas rotating with Burnett...

Fasano is a guy I hate to see go, he's really young, but at the same time he was behind Witten, so I guess we can address a backup TE later, all the while lowering our cap space more.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I would of wanted a 3rd actually, but to be honest, you cant under value getting someone like Akin out of the lineup, I think that right there makes us better, I love Thomas rotating with Burnett...

Fasano is a guy I hate to see go, he's really young, but at the same time he was behind Witten, so I guess we can address a backup TE later, all the while lowering our cap space more.
I agree, I said the same thing in the other thread in the NFL section. But, 1st overall in the 4th isnt too bad. Hopefully, they both do well...I like this trade on both ends.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Fasano at ND, but he left me wondering where "that guy" was since he arrived in Dallas. Good luck to him in Miami.

Akin Ayodele, see ya sucka.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jerry seems in a rush to get rid of "Bills guys."

But for what it is worth, Parcells is a genius. As I said, he is looking for young starters on that team. This trade proves that.

BTW, we got killed on this trade. A second-year second rounder stuck behind a Pro-Bowler for a 4th with Ayodele thrown in ..... damn.

As someone said, Jerry better have a plan b/c he is undoing Parcells plan rather fast.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't say that I like this trade. Fasano is a solid TE and I think he's worth more than a 4th round selection.

Akin is just a guy so it doesn't matter what happens to him.

I don't hate the trade, but I don't like it either.

Now, if that 4th round pick turns out to be Earl Bennett or someone like that I'd be very happy.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's another way of looking at it though...

If someone said, I'll give you Pacman Jones and the first pick in the 4th round for Akin and Fasano and the 28th pick in the 4th round would you do it?

I sure would.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
I can't say that I like this trade. Fasano is a solid TE and I think he's worth more than a 4th round selection.

Akin is just a guy so it doesn't matter what happens to him.

I don't hate the trade, but I don't like it either.

Now, if that 4th round pick turns out to be Earl Bennett or someone like that I'd be very happy.
Let's not over analyze this trade that much. We got rid of a LB that wasn't going to see any PT. We did get rid of a solid backup TE, but it's not like Fasano couldn't be replaced.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Let's not over analyze this trade that much. We got rid of a LB that wasn't going to see any PT. We did get rid of a solid backup TE, but it's not like Fasano couldn't be replaced.
Fasano is the one guy in this trade that could come back to burn you guys. I understand he's expendable but in the right situation he could turn out to be special.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Fasano is the one guy in this trade that could come back to burn you guys. I understand he's expendable but in the right situation he could turn out to be special.
I dunno about special but he is every bit as athletic as Witten and would be well served by STARTING. Which he will in Miami.

But yeah, that looked more like a salary dump more than anything else. Gotta be a few million.

Maybe Jerrah is positioning for a trade up................................... if so maybe a few more go.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Special???????? Come on now, he's a glorified blocking TE. Have you watched him try to catch a football? Watching him drop balls in painful.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Special???????? Come on now, he's a glorified blocking TE. Have you watched him try to catch a football? Watching him drop balls in painful.
In a different system and role he should be a much better receiving threat. Not sure whether it will happen in Miami although they do like to use their TEs.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had some drops in Dallas, but the guy could definitely catch the ball just a few years ago.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
In a different system and role he should be a much better receiving threat. Not sure whether it will happen in Miami although they do like to use their TEs.
If you cannot catch the ball, you're not a threat.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

At leats we don't have to play any of those guys going to Miami, I mean we got rid of dead weight and extra cap space, Ferguson and Akin were smart moves, compiling all these mid-late rd picks just further lets me know whe are going to move up at some point for a guy we really like...It's not like we even need all these picks, but i can tell we are going to package them at some point.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you cannot catch the ball, you're not a threat.
I think you are looking into how he played on Dallas a bit too much. In a bigger role I see the opportunity for him to be a solid all-around TE. Drops are something he could always work on and I don't ever remember hands being a major issue at Notre Dame.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think you are looking into how he played on Dallas a bit too much. In a bigger role I see the opportunity for him to be a solid all-around TE. Drops are something he could always work on and I don't ever remember hands being a major issue at Notre Dame.
I feel so much dumber for continuing this conversation. Either you can catch the ball or you cannot.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Fasano can catch. Come on now guys. Not going to fool you for Kellen Winslow Jr ........ but jeez, he can catch.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel so much dumber for continuing this conversation. Either you can catch the ball or you cannot.
And Fasano can catch the ball.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you are looking into how he played on Dallas a bit too much.
Well, what the hell else should we go by?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the move is great.

Fasano is not special. His drop in the playoff game probably cost us that game. Curtis is faster and more athletic than FAsano.

Also, don't forget the Hannah kid that they stashed on the practice squad. He's a 6'8", very athletic former basketball player. I've heard/read that they think they may have found something in Hannah.

Plus, with Miami's pick being so high in teh round, this is virtually a 3rd rounder!

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 04-26-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote