Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Well, what the hell else should we go by?
College, really. You can't claim a guy can't catch on such a small sample size.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the key word is shipping Fasano is "expendable", of course he is young and has potential, but the fact is when you have Witten, at his age, your backup TE is easy to replace...Besides the fact Curtis is good enough to take over that role.

Dropping Akin makes us better by subtraction, and frees up alot of money, I couldn't be happier with that move...The 1st pick in the 4th round is going to have some good guys who dropped, out of the 3rd I'm sure of it..Either way we got our 4th back that's alot higher...I think its a good move by Jerry, would of liked to see him push for that 3rd but Parcells values draft picks so he probably wasn't budging on that...Also could mean we have another trade coming with them for Henne where we end up getting next years 1st or more 2nd rounders, this is our 2nd trade with Parcells and we certainly might not be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not real happy about this trade. But I will tell you what I see when I read the writing on the wall...

TRADE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trade is Anthony Fasano for a 4th rounder and taking Akin's contract...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:38 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had to bring this up.

1/17/08
Quote:
Fasano is another interesting peice...he has played in dallas...but Tony Curtis got more and more playing time as the season wore on...I wouldn't be surprised to see parcells move for him...MIA isn't exactly stacked at the TE.
http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/s...o#post84713 1

Quote:
I'll just say this right now...I would give up both 1st and 2-3 players. As far as ideal right now I think McQ/Fasano/Furgy would be a done deal. We lose a 6th round pick in McQ...a 2nd round pick in Fasano which is expendable by Curtis's play...and Furgy who while can still play...wouldn't make sense with Ratliff's new deal.
Not bad...considering this was before the Thomas signing I couldn't have possibly predicted Akin leave....I'll quit patting my back now.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:47 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW haven't seen a lot of constructive talk behind this move.

Anthony Fasano was brought here to be our Hback and also be able to block on the line....he has failed miserably at both tasks. He is terrible off the line of scrimmage and only mediocre when asked to block on the line. With our 2nd TE you needed him to be a strong blocker...two year in he showed no progression..constantly missing his assignment in the hole.

That is why he was expendable.

Tony Curtis established himself as a better pass recieving TE last year....so what exactly did we lose in fasano?

A good blocking TE? No...a big pass game factor? No...he was essentially just another athletic body....really didn't do anything for us with Garrett here...although his preseason looked promising he didn't add on to that at all during the year. As I said back in January....Fasano actually started to see less playing time...and by the time week 16 hit...Curtis was actually playing as the 2nd TE blocking in short yardage situations...thats how bad Fasano's blocking was.

As stated earlier Akin was just a cap causality that was replaced in FA by a better overall player.

The one thing I think this would be ideal for if we stick here is to land a Peyton Hillis. That guy is one of my favorite prospects. He can be a short yardage back...he is a great blocker who is quick and decisive in his reads...and he has soft hands. He fits into our H-back roll perfectly...I'd let out a big battle cry if we land him in this draft....talk about a ball player.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
BTW haven't seen a lot of constructive talk behind this move.

Anthony Fasano was brought here to be our Hback and also be able to block on the line....he has failed miserably at both tasks. He is terrible off the line of scrimmage and only mediocre when asked to block on the line. With our 2nd TE you needed him to be a strong blocker...two year in he showed no progression..constantly missing his assignment in the hole.

That is why he was expendable.

Tony Curtis established himself as a better pass recieving TE last year....so what exactly did we lose in fasano?

A good blocking TE? No...a big pass game factor? No...he was essentially just another athletic body....really didn't do anything for us with Garrett here...although his preseason looked promising he didn't add on to that at all during the year. As I said back in January....Fasano actually started to see less playing time...and by the time week 16 hit...Curtis was actually playing as the 2nd TE blocking in short yardage situations...thats how bad Fasano's blocking was.

As stated earlier Akin was just a cap causality that was replaced in FA by a better overall player.

The one thing I think this would be ideal for if we stick here is to land a Peyton Hillis. That guy is one of my favorite prospects. He can be a short yardage back...he is a great blocker who is quick and decisive in his reads...and he has soft hands. He fits into our H-back roll perfectly...I'd let out a big battle cry if we land him in this draft....talk about a ball player.
I agree, thule. I didn't like the Fasano's pick and I don't think he has never been a good fit here in Dallas. He was a late second round pick and we just traded him for the first pick in the fourth round... Considering that he's not done anything significantly since joining the team, I think the value was pretty on spot. We were probably gonna cut Ayodele anyway, so we - correct if i'm wrong - just saved some money by trading him. He was not bad in Parcells defense but useless last year.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something that also has to be brought up when gauging Fasano's value...is that he is coming off reconstructive shoulder surgery. If he was healthy, we probably could have gotten more for him and Akin. Dolphins were buying low and it should work out for them. It really isnt a bad move for us...that pick is essentially a late 3rd rounder and this is better than just cutting Akin for nothing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hated the Fasano pick too but why is it every guy we get rid of a dog and every shiney trinket Jerry signs smart? And again, by your criteria you can't label a player till end of year 3 ........ so.

With respect to Curtis and Hannah, hey now! Curtis is ok but a 4th WR is just as valuable as Curtis in the Zampese scheme with a pass happy OC. A back-up TE is less valuable than a 4th WR.

Also remember, the loss of Sparano means the running game is being re-vamped. If Fasano's value is in the running game then the loss of the Sparano system ....

Thule, um if he sucked Sparano, Parcells and Ireland would not have given up a pick. So, if Jerry Jones is so good about players then the Miami 3 must be brilliant. Same as Akin. The Miami 3 decided Thomas was not good enough but Akin is ........ Jerry the opossitte. One man's treasure is another's trash and all that matters are the results to say otherwise.

Last edited by bobindallas : 04-26-2008 at 10:39 AM.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this. Now Carp can have more of an impact, and Fasano was a luxury. Good trade.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I like this. Now Carp can have more of an impact, and Fasano was a luxury. Good trade.
There is no guarantee that Carp will have more of an impact, though...because, he is still in the same spot he was last season. All we did was replace Akin w/ Zach Thomas...Carp hasnt moved up the depth chart at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
I hated the Fasano pick too but why is it every guy we get rid of a dog and every shiney trinket Jerry signs smart? And again, by your criteria you can't label a player till end of year 3 ........ so.

With respect to Curtis and Hannah, hey now! Curtis is ok but a 4th WR is just as valuable as Curtis in the Zampese scheme with a pass happy OC. A back-up TE is less valuable than a 4th WR.

Also remember, the loss of Sparano means the running game is being re-vamped. If Fasano's value is in the running game then the loss of the Sparano system ....

Thule, um if he sucked Sparano, Parcells and Ireland would not have given up a pick. So, if Jerry Jones is so good about players then the Miami 3 must be brilliant. Same as Akin. The Miami 3 decided Thomas was not good enough but Akin is ........ Jerry the opossitte. One man's treasure is another's trash and all that matters are the results to say otherwise.
Fasano was stuck as the #2/#3 guy. Which seems to be reserved as a h-back/end-stud. Fasano wasn't being used properly...and I'm sure a lot of that had to do with Witten being the #1. No doubt in my mind that Fasano can be a good player in Miami...but he will be in a completely different situation....I have a feeling our coaching staff wants more of a natural h-back which is why I think a guy like Hillis or Hester might be a 2nd day target for us....if that is the case I have no problem with the trade.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Fasano was stuck as the #2/#3 guy. Which seems to be reserved as a h-back/end-stud. Fasano wasn't being used properly...and I'm sure a lot of that had to do with Witten being the #1. No doubt in my mind that Fasano can be a good player in Miami...but he will be in a completely different situation....I have a feeling our coaching staff wants more of a natural h-back which is why I think a guy like Hillis or Hester might be a 2nd day target for us....if that is the case I have no problem with the trade.
We are like the family that changes cars every 6 months and then has no money to pay for decent landscaper.

Jerry Jones has not a wit of an idea what he is doing other than "getting rid of Parcells guys."

Not much of a strategy but must make for some great bar room chest pounding.

I still don't get how a team without a stud RB who needs a stud RB passes on a franchise type talent like Mendenhall to draft Dave Meggett.

Then he proceeds to reinvest a second rounder to back-up a 25 year old Pro Bowl TE when he has a nice back-up in Curtis and just traded away a capable player.

I am stunned with how ignorant, short sighted and uninspiring JJ's football IQ is.

In football IQ he is functionally ree-tah-dead.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

lol, guys lets get serious here. The tinted shades are out in full force.

"It's a high 4th so it's basically a 3rd", Way to trade to pump yourselves up on the deal guys. The real 3rd round has comp picks so the pick you got from Miami is not even close to the original 3rd round. It's actually a picks picks further back then the 3rd.

"Fasano is expendable, we have other options etc, etc." The Jerry Jones goes out and drafts a TE that was probably no better then Fasano to begin with in round 2. Can you say wasted pick? Why not just keep Fasano and use your 2nd on a need instead of using your 2nd for to replace a guy you just traded and then go draft a need with your 4th. Makes no sense.

JJ is just making moves for the sake of making moves. After watching what just panned out in your draft with the pick of Bennett, you have to think Parcells is the one that made out better on this deal. Outside of the Brady Quinn trade down, JJ moves have been very lackluster to say the least.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We must not have like Fasano. At all.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
lol, guys lets get serious here. The tinted shades are out in full force.

"It's a high 4th so it's basically a 3rd", Way to trade to pump yourselves up on the deal guys. The real 3rd round has comp picks so the pick you got from Miami is not even close to the original 3rd round. It's actually a picks picks further back then the 3rd.

"Fasano is expendable, we have other options etc, etc." The Jerry Jones goes out and drafts a TE that was probably no better then Fasano to begin with in round 2. Can you say wasted pick? Why not just keep Fasano and use your 2nd on a need instead of using your 2nd for to replace a guy you just traded and then go draft a need with your 4th. Makes no sense.

JJ is just making moves for the sake of making moves. After watching what just panned out in your draft with the pick of Bennett, you have to think Parcells is the one that made out better on this deal. Outside of the Brady Quinn trade down, JJ moves have been very lackluster to say the least.

Whoa whoa pump your brakes their fellah, really was it necessary to come to the team thread taking more jabs at Jerry? We got enough of that going on, your happy for once, thats good, but being a Dolphin fan and making it through a few rounds doesn't give you the right to start talking about good and bad moves yet.

As far as us, Bennett is a completely different player then Fasano was, so how about lets see BOTH guys on the field before you blast this trade...you don't really know anything about Fasano other then what we tell you, if you want to be excited about Ayodele well you can shoot for the stars on that one....But Jerry doesn't believe in reaching for a WR that takes forever to develop, we have good depth and youth at the position, so bennett adds another weapon that will give defenses hell....His value was where our pick was at, no telling who we might target in round 4.

Point blank, let the picks play before you bash, and your a Dolphin fan, after how many bad drafts you have had you have no right trying to criticize anyone's pick...Its amazing how after a few picks people start feeling themselves...Way to think Fasano and a 4th rd pick is leading you to the promised land

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Feeley and Lamar Gordon for 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Enough said!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well MOTH, so much for Parcells not even wanting Carpenter, or noone wanting him in a 3-4...Evidently, Carpenter was the guy Miami coveted in this trade and we wouldn't budge, and we ended up giving up Akin...

Quote:
IRVING -- When the Miami Dolphins made a trade with the Dallas Cowboys for tight end Anthony Fasano before the draft, they also wanted a linebacker, and it wasn't Akin Ayodele.

According to an NFL source, the Dolphins wanted Bobby Carpenter, but the Cowboys weren't willing to part with the 2006 first-round draft pick. So Dallas included Ayodele in the deal.

Either way, Carpenter said Friday he is happy to be staying with the Cowboys, but that he wants to play.

"This is still a great opportunity for me, and [inside linebacker] is a place where I think I can use my athletic ability to make plays," Carpenter said. "If I'm going to have a shot to play, I want it to be here."

He's currently backing up veteran Zach Thomas. Carpenter said he's been studying game film with Thomas and already has picked up quite a bit in the short time the veteran free-agent acquisition has been with the Cowboys.
http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/620519.html

I think this at least shows Carp still has value as well as the 3-4, and there shouldnt be anymore assuming Parcells doesn't want him...It be nice to see his playing time increase at least a little this year...If we look at it from this perspective, I would of shot myself if we kept Akin and traded Carp, he might be just a ST guy, but he's still young, and I would at the least be content with him having to fill in due to injury.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for that post LL.

Joey, WTF are you talking about? Fasano will be good for you guys because your TE situation is horrible. So you got an upgrade. But what did Fasano do in 2 years with us? Nothing. He brought a lot of hope coming out of ND, but what he showed was that he's not a good run blocker, not a good pass catcher and has gotten his fair share of holding penalties. Tony Curtis did 3 times as much as Fasano did and Curtis only had 3 catches. We've been hoping to use Fasano and Ayodele as trade bait. Fasano was brought on board because Parcells has a fetish for NJ players. He's still got upside, but don't expect the second coming of Jason Witten.

And Akin... aka Mr. Invisible... I'm surprised anyone wanted him. Good riddance.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

hmm...that is interesting, cause I def. believed BP a while back when he said he wasnt interested. The whole deal was still revolving around Fasano, though...that is who BP really wanted. Akin was just a throw in. I guess, it's nice to see BP show a little interest in Carp, I doubt we really would have traded him anyway w/ that cap hit...But anyway, BP's interest still doesnt change anything...hopefully, Carp can earn himself some PT and play effectivly because, I still have my doubts. It would be great if this all worked out, fingers crossed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-04-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This to me, is kinda resolving like the Roy Williams situation.

I mean, outside the fact that he starts, I don't think any of us are expecting big things from Bobby Carpenter. Anything he can contribute would be the cherry on top for me. I think he's very talented, and had he been traded to Miami and succeeded, it definitely would have been mud on our face.

The article says he's behind Zach Thomas in the depth chart, but maybe he's Bradie's backup or whatever, but with Thomas on the team, there's definitely gonna be an opportunity to play.

I hope he can come in and blow everyone away, cause i'd really like this kid to stay on the team.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why people are down on Carpenter just because he couldn't find playing time behind 2 highly paid vets. It's not like he's been bad. The problem is he hasn't seen the field. He's great on special teams. It's just a matter of time.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't know why people are down on Carpenter just because he couldn't find playing time behind 2 highly paid vets. It's not like he's been bad. The problem is he hasn't seen the field. He's great on special teams. It's just a matter of time.
Well honestly, i don't think pay dictates playing time anymore. We had one very solid ILB and another so-so, so if he couldn't get any time in there, then it has to be an indicator of his skill.

Cmon now, don't think that these guys were rolling in the dough either.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well honestly, i don't think pay dictates playing time anymore. We had one very solid ILB and another so-so, so if he couldn't get any time in there, then it has to be an indicator of his skill.

Cmon now, don't think that these guys were rolling in the dough either.
I don't think Bradie James played majority of the time simply because of his salary. Burnett and Ayodele split time... but that's because Ayodele sucked ass. I still don't get why people don't realize why Carp didn't see the field much. There were a lot of reasons and I don't know them all. However, lack of talent isn't one of them.

We all know Carp was drafted as an OLB, but Greg Ellis made the move successful from DE. Drafting Spencer was a Wade move and I think it was a smart one too. Carp gives us quality depth and is being groomed as one of our future cornerstones.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think Bradie James played majority of the time simply because of his salary. Burnett and Ayodele split time... but that's because Ayodele sucked ass. I still don't get why people don't realize why Carp didn't see the field much. There were a lot of reasons and I don't know them all. However, lack of talent isn't one of them.

We all know Carp was drafted as an OLB, but Greg Ellis made the move successful from DE. Drafting Spencer was a Wade move and I think it was a smart one too. Carp gives us quality depth and is being groomed as one of our future cornerstones.
Well above i praised Carpenter and let it be known that i still think he's talented enough to do something in the league. I never wrote him off, but at what point do you realize that he's not seeing the field for a reason? We know it's not talent, and there wasn't a whole lot of talent ahead of him, so what's the deal?