Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-26-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent pick by the Bears, personally I like Chris Williams much more than boom-or-bust (and I favor the latter) Ryan Clady. Williams starts at left tackle from day one imo, he's good stuff.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with Williams, I would have liked any of them, but Williams is my least favorite.

The Albert pass is fine by me, I think a lot of people were overrating him, and that's showing itself so far. Maybe the Chiefs take him here, or Otah.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears never had any interest in Otah.

The George Foster comparisons were often mentioned in the war room. He was far down the board.

I would have felt much better going after Albert.. Not a fan of Williams at all.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The neck injury rumors surfacing today are not making me feel good about this pick but if healthy Williams can step in right away and not get Grossman killed(hopefully).

This is just further proof that the Chicago Bears do not get off the bus running. Williams is purely a pass blocker. I think we will regret passing on Albert.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think the FO didnt want to deal with the project. If it didnt turn out as expect, he would be a guard, and great guards can be found later IMO

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my gosh, I've never been so happy to be wrong. Cherilus at 17? You so silly Matt Millen.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta hand it to Millen.. He is consistent.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We could trade our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to the Cowboys at 22 to get Rashard Mendenhall.

I'm not sure we can do it with our needs, but I would consider it.

26th to the Texans without the 4th.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
We could trade our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to the Cowboys at 22 to get Rashard Mendenhall.

I'm not sure we can do it with our needs, but I would consider it.

26th to the Texans without the 4th.
I was just talking about that with my friend. I'm liking the Chris Williams pick. He is a good LT and has good size for LT, yes he has to get nastier but he can learn that I believe.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do you think if mendenhall were to keep falling, we would trade back up for him? i wouldn't be against it....

i doubt he falls past pitt or seattle though...
Old 04-26-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, forget the mendenhall idea, lol
Old 04-26-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 1st Round Graded WR could fall to our pick...what r we gonna do then? Brian Brohm maybe?

Old 04-26-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There are still 19 picks to go. I can't imagine that Sweed or Devin Thomas will fall that far. Or probably not James Hardy either.

I think we'll probably go the predictable route, try to trade down and if not take the highest offensive player on our board (Henne, Charles?)

Old 04-26-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

hey at least we didnt do sth stupid like the Ravens did...wtf? they traded down for an apple and than gave that apple away for Flacco?

Old 04-26-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

All the WRs are still on the board...

Old 04-26-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brace yourselves for JA's traditional 2nd round WTF! pick.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

dammit miami....you were supposed to save me from chad henne
Old 04-26-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im hoping we can bring in limas sweed

Old 04-26-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we're gonna pick Matt Forte..
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I think that would be stupid with the talent that is still available. Sweed, Jackson, Hardy, Brohm, Henne.

Last edited by regoob2 : 04-26-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree, but I just have this feeling that Jerry's gonna pick Forte early.
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Pls Sweed or Forte!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Phew...tons of options here.

Sweed, Brohm, Jackson (not likely), Henne, Charles, Forte, Ray Rice, who knows?

Good stuff. I would have liked Rachal though.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

yeah no QB!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Forte, good pick.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote