Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-26-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<relief> FORTE!!! </relief>

i was so worried.....i was choking down my pizza ugh......
Old 04-26-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate the pick.

Williams was good
Forte isnt competition for Benson.
Brohm would have been comp for Orton and Grossman.
I strongly dislike Angelo right now.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the **** can we go Forte over Sweed

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweed got passed over by a ton of teams. Donnie Avery, Jordy Nelson, and Eddie Royal all went before him.

That should probably say something. Just because Scott's rankings have him somewhere does mean that NFL personel do. Obviously they don't.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am ******* on fire right now with these stupid ass 2nd round picks. Starting WR > back up 2 down back.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Forte is definately competition for Benson. I'm not a huge Forte fan, but you can't argue with his production, toughness, and competitiveness. If anything he's the anti-Benson. I don't think he's a special back, but he's a very good fit for what we need right now.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I knew it!

I like him alot, I just think we could have moved down quite a bit and still got him.
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk i like Forte, i just feel like Sweed could become a Dwayne Jarrett

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you liked Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams too....

Old 04-26-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean forte is Adrian Peterson..?
I'm actually okay with the pick, probably would rather have Sweed.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you liked Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams too....
i kind of liked Dwayne Jarrett

Old 04-26-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So every big receiver that falls is Jarrett or Mike Williams?? Why didn't you say Boldin, Brandon Marshall, or Colston?

Old 04-26-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I am ******* on fire right now with these stupid ass 2nd round picks. Starting WR > back up 2 down back.
Shut the **** up, seriously. How do you know Sweed is a starting WR? He has wrist problems and a ton of teams have passed over him.

Did you work out Sweed? Did you interview Sweed? I'm pretty sure the Bears did.

Now I liked Rice and Charles more than Forte personally but this is a competition pick and it's telling Benson to get his ass in gear. I agree that he's probably not a feature back but he's a solid pick, and again this is a wake up call for Cedric.

"I am ******* on fire" you sound like a 3 year old that didn't get the toy they wanted at the store.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
So every big receiver that falls is Jarrett or Mike Williams?? Why didn't you say Boldin, Brandon Marshall, or Colston?
No, my point is that there are far too many Bears fans (or NFL fans in general) that just look at Mel Kiper or Scott's rankings and assume that is the best move for their teams. We needed a runningback to compete for a starting spot. Forte can do that. He was a 2nd round back. Obviously there are a ton of teams passing on Sweed. Maybe (just maybe), they know something that you don't. There were a ton of Bears fans pissed about passing on Jarrett and Williams too.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Bear fans do is *****, *****, *****, *****...Just let things play out. There is no point in getting your panties in a bunch because we didn't take the guy you really wanted.

I preferred Albert more than Williams but I'm fine with Chris, good pick. I liked Rice and Charles more than Forte but I'm cool with that pick too because I think Forte is a very solid player.

Who here thought Tillman, Kruetz, Briggs, Hester, Vasher, Brown, Mark Anderson...And even going back further guys like Tony Parrish, Marty Booker, etc would have the impact they did?

You just don't know. So sit back, enjoy the draft and settle down.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Shut the **** up, seriously. How do you know Sweed is a starting WR? He has wrist problems and a ton of teams have passed over him.

Did you work out Sweed? Did you interview Sweed? I'm pretty sure the Bears did.

Now I liked Rice and Charles more than Forte personally but this is a competition pick and it's telling Benson to get his ass in gear. I agree that he's probably not a feature back but he's a solid pick, and again this is a wake up call for Cedric.

"I am ******* on fire" you sound like a 3 year old that didn't get the toy they wanted at the store.
Why don't you shut the **** up, do you have any posts that don't agree with BF51? Do you work out with Sweed? You just said yourself that Forte will only be a back up, So why take a RB in round 2 when this is a deep RB draft especially when he probably won't start. Sweed is a better prospect than Forte and he has a lot more potential. We need a playmaker at WR and I feel his would've been it. Get off BF51s nuts and try and form your own opinion for once.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Calm down Sweetness, sheesh.

Ok so looking ahead to 70. Could we trade back into the late 2nd for Brohm/Henne? Would we consider that?

There is some pretty good depth at WR and OL looking into the next round. Mario Manningham has his issues but at 70? I'd think about it. Maybe a guy like Roy Schuening if they want to go back to the line.

Another name to keep an eye on is Dre Moore. I love Dre Moore. If he was available at 70 I'd pick him without a 2nd thought.

Still interesting to see if we'd consider trading back into the 2nd for a QB. I can't imagine they will last to 70 after teams have the time to sit down and think about how to move ahead of us.

Could be some real sleeper picks coming up too.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Get of 51's nuts? I disagree with him on Otah, and I was going to quote him when he said that Williams wasn't his first choice.

I love Chris Williams, he doesn't. So how again is that on his nuts? I'm just sick and tired of fans whining and bitching when they haven't even seen a guy in our uniform. Cry me a ******* river. Sweed has yet to be picked...Coincidence? Um no. All the other WR's are gone and he's not. Hmmmm.....

Quote:
bearsfan_51
Legend

Forte will probably start, lets be realistic here.

regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
All Bear fans do is *****, *****, *****, *****...Just let things play out. There is no point in getting your panties in a bunch because we didn't take the guy you really wanted.

I preferred Albert more than Williams but I'm fine with Chris, good pick. I liked Rice and Charles more than Forte but I'm cool with that pick too because I think Forte is a very solid player.

Who here thought Tillman, Kruetz, Briggs, Hester, Vasher, Brown, Mark Anderson...And even going back further guys like Tony Parrish, Marty Booker, etc would have the impact they did?

You just don't know. So sit back, enjoy the draft and settle down.
What's the point of following the draft and posting on here if you don't really care who we pick?? Ya I was over reacting when I said I was on fire but I kinda was at the time. I think Sweed is better than Forte and we could find competition in the 3rd. I like Forte and think he's a good pick but I feel Sweed would have been a great pick and will be better in the long run. Whatever I'm over it.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

lol regoob easy....
Forte wasnt a bad pick. He wasnt a great pick either. But its not like we passed on Devin Thomas or someone big. Let him play first before u argue.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My problem with this entire draft is that Angelo has NO guts. He doesnt dare trade up and gamble on an offensive player. Mendenhall lasted to 23! Anyone gonna tell me we couldnt offer some combination of picks to the teams at 20,21, or 22 to get him? Then in the second whos are third qb? Um we dont have one. Forte was decent value there yes, but Brohm would have been good value and would have given us competition for our QB corps that consists of a guy who is as erratic as all heck, and a guy who has accuracy issues and whom we affectionately call neckbeard.

And Sweed or Kelly, both big receivers that could possibly be #1 targets. I dont like them but value wise they arent bad.

Okay Forte wasnt a bad pick. I just wish Angelo got some guts and would trade up for the prospects like Clady and Mendenhall, especially when he had chances to.

Go Bears. (Regardless welcome to the family Forte, good luck you're gonna need it)

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 04-26-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Get of 51's nuts? I disagree with him on Otah, and I was going to quote him when he said that Williams wasn't his first choice.

I love Chris Williams, he doesn't. So how again is that on his nuts? I'm just sick and tired of fans whining and bitching when they haven't even seen a guy in our uniform. Cry me a ******* river. Sweed has yet to be picked...Coincidence? Um no. All the other WR's are gone and he's not. Hmmmm.....
imo you seem to run up and defend 51 a lot. I wasn't that big of a deal until you told me to shut the **** up thats not cool. I wanted Sweed I obviously over reacted but this is a forum and I dont like when people tell me how to be a fan. I follow these players all year and I felt we make a mistake. I think you and me only talk on here when we argue about picks on draft day. Greg Olsen> Joe Staley. I own :D jk

Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Sorry all but I get worked up easily. I was about to say maybe we can still get Sweed but he just went to the Steelers. :(

Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

There's a difference between caring about a pick and flipping **** about it. I've learned from past drafts to be patient with picks. Some you think were good don't pan out, and others you hated look good down the road.

Oh and Sweed just got picked by Pittsburgh at #53 regoob, now you can throw another temper tantrum lol. ;) (forgot the winky face in my post)

And 123, the Bears prefer Henne over Brohm from what Angelo has said. Forte was a bad pick? He's not competition? WTF? Forte will give Cedric all he can handle.

Quote:

Last edited by sweetness34 : 04-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.