Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-26-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staley looked damn good this year, and yes I was wrong about Olsen and I'll man up and admit it.

And about trading up, who said Angelo didn't show interest? Maybe he did and a deal couldn't be done.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine without getting Sweed. I'd be real happy if we could find a way to get Henne or Brohm though. Having one of those as our 3rd pick would be fantastic.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could trade up to 58 or 59 with our 3rd and 4th round pick. With an additional 3rd I don't see how we can't do that unless we just really don't like Brohm or Henne.

I have a feeling we'll draft a QB I don't like...please no Colt Brennan...

Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we stay put in the third round I would really like Earl Bennett, If we move up I hope it's for Brohm.
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Hah...I had a feeling that would happen. Crazy Packers. GB12 has to be slitting his wrists.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And now he's gone.
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
There's a difference between caring about a pick and flipping **** about it. I've learned from past drafts to be patient with picks. Some you think were good don't pan out, and others you hated look good down the road.

Oh and Sweed just got picked by Pittsburgh at #53 regoob, now you can throw another temper tantrum lol. ;) (forgot the winky face in my post)

And 123, the Bears prefer Henne over Brohm from what Angelo has said. Forte was a bad pick? He's not competition? WTF? Forte will give Cedric all he can handle.
Yeah I edited it. Still the lack of guts by Angelo is sad, nay pathetic. I am not mad about Forte, Im mad that we had chances at Rashard (who i believe will be the best back from this class) and blew it and even before that, Buffalo was looking to move down and we coulda put together an attractive package to get Clady. The lack of aggressiveness in a good year like this just makes me so angry. Angelo's approach has made us a great defensive team, but pathetic offensively and I want change. In all honesty if this is how Angelo wants to run things, he needs to be sent packing or demoted. In my opinion if you are not going to try and fix the mistakes you have made and are not man enough to admit them then you shouldn't be running the show. He missed on Benson, not only his ability but his character. He is not a high character guy, he has no passion, and has more Randy Moss in him than I could have thought possible (only plays when he wants to), but he refuses to admit that mistake and just tell him to put up or shut up.

Last year I hated the Greg Olsen pick, his lack of blocking pissed me off. I welcomed him to the Bear family with open arms, Ive admitted I was wrong on him. (kinda).

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Let's look on the bright side here though, no matter whether you like our draft or not, you've got to admit we look a hell of a lot better on paper than the Packers and Lions.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brohm going to Green Bay...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henne in Miami...

Ainge? JDB? Woodson? Josh Johnson? Dixon?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had 2 good picks so far so we can't be too upset about it. (other than me :D) I think both players will fit in well.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Henne in Miami...

Ainge? JDB? Woodson? Josh Johnson? Dixon?
Ainge is my personal fav. Oconnell and Smith also.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, they are Bears now, and until they prove us wrong that makes them our proverbial family. Wish we coulda done better but meh, like I said Im not a big fan of our second pick, meh. Welcome to the Chicago family.

Go Bears.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 04-26-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I have nothing against our first 2 picks, but the failure to get a QB is dissapointing to me, albeit not suprising. There just doesn't seem to be a longterm plan (or a shorterm plan) there at all.

On the bright side, we had two big needs, a left tackle and a runningback, we've dealt with both of them so far.

Picks at 70? I like...

-Mario Manningham
-Andre Caldwell
-Dan Conner
-DaJuan Morgan
-Carl Nicks
-Dre Moore
-Pat Sims
-Roy Schuening
-Earl Bennett
-Anthony Collins
-John Greco
-Drew Radovich

That's 12 guys with 10 picks between us. Lots of pretty good options.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

What about Reggie Smith?

Has he just fallen off the map?

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 04-26-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Oh yeah, Reggie Smith would be fine. Early Doucett too.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I have nothing against our first 2 picks, but the failure to get a QB is dissapointing to me, albeit not suprising. There just doesn't seem to be a longterm plan (or a shorterm plan) there at all.

On the bright side, we had two big needs, a left tackle and a runningback, we've dealt with both of them so far.

Picks at 70? I like...

-Mario Manningham
-Andre Caldwell
-Dan Conner
-DaJuan Morgan
-Carl Nicks
-Dre Moore
-Pat Sims
-Roy Schuening
-Earl Bennett
-Anthony Collins
-John Greco
-Drew Radovich

That's 12 guys with 10 picks between us. Lots of pretty good options.
for sure. i mean. this looks 'hopefully' like we'll be able to pick up some much needed decent skill players between now and round five.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im so, so stoked with the way this first day went.

i couldn't even get through all the arguing on the other pages....im just stoked.

loving the bears picks. am i the only person here happy with the way this went or what?

williams is our right away starting LT, which allows tait to move to RT. we upgrade 1 o-line spot and fill the other. fan-freaking-tastic. love it.

forte is a big back who can handle the load if benson doesnt work out. remember, we have AP and wolfe who could be 3rd down backs for those of you who say forte is a 2 down guy.

whatever, im not even caring about the arguing. I LOVED this day for the bears!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really, really like Early Doucet. Could be a 2nd Day steal....Maybe take a flyer on Manningham?

I think it'll either be OL or WR with the first one in the 3rd.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I really, really, really like Early Doucet. Could be a 2nd Day steal....Maybe take a flyer on Manningham?

I think it'll either be OL or WR with the first one in the 3rd.
Flyer on Manningham would probably be my best bet with Dre Moore shortly following...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like doucet but i wouldnt touch manningham.

the guys a slow (-er than expected), short, pot smoking, lying, getting 6 on the wonderlic guy i don't want to touch....

and i wouldn't mind to see a G go with our first pick tomarrow. finish the o-line repairs...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

My ideal 3rd round would be Nicks, (nevermind) depending on what QBs are still available.

Last edited by regoob2 : 04-26-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
My ideal 3rd round would be Nicks, Kelly depending on what QBs are still available.
eh, i dont want another tackle unless he can start at guard. nicks maybe....i just dont see the sense in taking an o-lineman who will sit on the bench barring injury or tait suckiness.

and i can't figure out what kelly your talking about....the redskins took malcolm already
Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Nicks could start early at either OG spot imo. And I stopped watching for a bit in the mid 2nd and apparently I missed the Kelly pick.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

nicks maybe....cousins maybe....schuening i would like. as long as they can play G right away id be pretty happy with it.

i also think we should consider the DTs who might be available. some of the better ones i thought would go in round 2 are still available like dre moore, marcus harrison, pat sims...i think we should take a long look at any of them available at 70. if we dont go them there, id like to keep rubin open as an option if hes around at 90.