Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-26-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id like Doucet and Reggie Smith if available in the 3rd that would make our draft much better IMO.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Now I liked Rice and Charles more than Forte personally but this is a competition pick and it's telling Benson to get his ass in gear. I agree that he's probably not a feature back but he's a solid pick, and again this is a wake up call for Cedric.
Forte is a much better all-purpose back than Charles, and I don't think he has the potential intelligence issues, nor the obvious ball security issues that Charles has. Forte and Rice are starting backs in the league, and Forte especially is a great fit for the Bears. He's definitely competition for Benson day one, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the starting job immediately.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could start almost any tackle at guard in the NFL, look at Leonard Davis.

Here are the guys I like in the 3rd round (both picks)

Quarterback
Andre Woodson
John David Booty

-I would be fine with either at 90, but don't really like either in the early 3rd

Wide Receiver
Mario Manningham (early 3rd)
Early Doucett (early 3rd)
Andre Caldwell (early 3rd)
Earl Bennett (late 3rd)
William Franklin (late 3rd)

Offensive Line
Carl Nicks (early 3rd)
Anthony Collins (early 3rd)
Roy Schuening (early 3rd)
John Greco (late 3rd)
Jeremy Zuttah (late 3rd)
Oniel Cousins (late 3rd)
Drew Radovich (late 3rd)

Defensive Tackle
Dre Moore (early 3rd)
Pat Sims (early 3rd)
Demarrio Pressley (late 3rd)

Safety
Reggie Smith (early 3rd)
Dajuan Morgan (early 3rd)
Thomas Decoud (late 3rd)
Quintin Demps (late 3rd)
Tom Zwibikowski (late 3rd)

Considering our needs, I think it would make the most sense to go receiver at 70 and offensive line at 90, but you can't discount a quarterback, and I think Sims or Moore have to be pretty enticing to the Bears. Ditto Smith and Morgan.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Forte is a much better all-purpose back than Charles, and I don't think he has the potential intelligence issues, nor the obvious ball security issues that Charles has. Forte and Rice are starting backs in the league, and Forte especially is a great fit for the Bears. He's definitely competition for Benson day one, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the starting job immediately.
it would really surprise me actually. that would essentially be an admission of failure in using a 4th overall pick of a draft. if the bears don't do so well next year, that could be used against JA and lovie and could risk them their jobs....

even if forte is the better player, i dont think they bench benson. im not sure if i can explain this the way i see it....

if forte looks real good in camp and is beating out benson, maybe they purposely try to overuse benson and get him hurt or something...that way they can go with the better player instead of the one they have the huge investment in.

guys lose their jobs for messing up with high, high draft picks....i think if forte shows hes better than benson, the bears staff might wish benson would just go away quietly....you understand what im trying to get at?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears didn't draft Forte at 44 to not at least strongly consider benching Benson.

And Lovie and Jerry have at least another year of job security, they just made the Superbowl last year and this is not a franchise that fires coaches on a whim.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Bears didn't draft Forte at 44 to not at least strongly consider benching Benson.

And Lovie and Jerry have at least another year of job security, they just made the Superbowl last year and this is not a franchise that fires coaches on a whim.
I hope they get to stick around....I think JA has done a fantastic job finding defensive talent late and like you said, they all just got off of a superbowl....

but im wary that forte has much of a shot...it might be one of those situations where the coaches are really pulling for him but can't just give him the job.

benson could still work out...can't rule it out. i guess with forte on his ass pushing him, its now or never
Old 04-26-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jerry Angelo hype machine is officially out of control.

He's an average GM, at best.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
The Jerry Angelo hype machine is officially out of control.

He's an average GM, at best.
he finds mid-late round defensive steals like no other....they make up half our defense.

i can't think of another team that successful at doing something like that
Old 04-26-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st round pick I was fine with, solid pick. Forte was a big reach IMO, the next RB taken was Rice, and he may have been the last RB taken too. The fact that Brohm and Henne were still on the board and we didnt take one of them really ticks me off. Sure they may not be the next big thing, but at least it would be a step forward instead of hoping that Rex pans out again. The whole reason we have had this QB problem these past 5 years is because of the front offices recluctance to draft a QB to be groomed behind Rex, or take over when he is hurt. So what happens the year that we have the biggest question mark at QB, where either starter isnt to appealing? WE PASS ON SOME SOLID PLAYERS. I dont know if they would be better, but it would show that the FO is trying to go forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Forte is not a reach. You can like or not like the pick, but he was a 2nd round guy. It's very possible the Lions would have taken him at 45.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

plus, to further back up 51 with forte, on the QB front, i think Kyle Orton with a solidified o-line, healthy defense and competent run game gives us a better chance to win that any 2nd round rookie could.

and im not willing to give up on next season yet. our division is very winnable imo. the lions are the lions, the packers are basically going to a rookie QB in terms of playing experience and they must not trust rodgers too much because they still took brohm today.

the vikings scare me now with allen, but if tavaris doesnt work out, they might not go anywhere anyway.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Forte is not a reach. You can like or not like the pick, but he was a 2nd round guy. It's very possible the Lions would have taken him at 45.
Ok, good point, but even if we liked him that much, I dont know how the FO didnt go for a QB at all. I know that the team loved him, so I can see the pick, which Im alright w/ him, but the fact that we didnt make an attempt to get a QB at all pisses me off. We have 2 3rd rounders, we could have used one of those to get a QB. Looks like to have gotten us w/in range w/ a willing team around the area that Brohm and Henne were taken it would have cost us our 70th, our 4th rounder, and maybe one more to get one of those guys. Im really tired of the organization putting all hopes on Rex, and not having anyone else be able to come in and be our guy. We really missed out today on having someone like that who could be the future QB of the franchise if Rex and or Kyle dont pan out this season.

edit: granted, nothing is guaranteed, and i do like some guys tomorrow at QB, just I think that Brohm and Henne would have been better options than what we have tomorrow

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Ok, good point, but even if we liked him that much, I dont know how the FO didnt go for a QB at all. I know that the team loved him, so I can see the pick, which Im alright w/ him, but the fact that we didnt make an attempt to get a QB at all pisses me off. We have 2 3rd rounders, we could have used one of those to get a QB. Looks like to have gotten us w/in range w/ a willing team around the area that Brohm and Henne were taken it would have cost us our 70th, our 4th rounder, and maybe one more to get one of those guys. Im really tired of the organization putting all hopes on Rex, and not having anyone else be able to come in and be our guy. We really missed out today on having someone like that who could be the future QB of the franchise if Rex and or Kyle dont pan out this season.

edit: granted, nothing is guaranteed, and i do like some guys tomorrow at QB, just I think that Brohm and Henne would have been better options than what we have tomorrow
this guy had a good point to make about quarterbacks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
plus, to further back up 51 with forte, on the QB front, i think Kyle Orton with a solidified o-line, healthy defense and competent run game gives us a better chance to win that any 2nd round rookie could.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I had a lacrosse game so I missed eveything after Atlanta traded up for Sam Baker (wtf?) but after filling myself in I'm okay with what we've done. It's not ground-breaking by any stretch of the imagination and while I might have preferred Albert (I won't lie, I was slightly disappointed when it was Chris Williams, even though I had thought that Albert would go after the true left tackles [Clady and Williams]), I am content with Williams.

As for Forte, its about the same as Williams. I'm okay with passing on the wideouts and I like Forte as much as any other back still on the board. I might have like Trevor Laws because even though defensive tackle isn't as much of a need I really like Laws as a prospect. The kid can ball and that's enough for me. I also would have been okay with Brohm but just like the wide receivers there are other guys I like later so its no big deal. Kevin Smith later could have probably been the same thing so I can't really say I love this pick either.

Regarding tomorrow there's a couple of guys I'd be happy with, namely Dan Connor, Anthony Collins, Earl Bennett, or Josh Johnson in the third. I suppose I'm more mellow about this than some of the rest of us, at least so far, so if its not a player I'm in love with I'd be okay anyway. There is really no need for Connor but I love him as a player and he could probably displace Hillenmeyer and maybe even take Urlacher's role in the future, even if we are a Cover 2 team. Collins doesn't seem like a need after picking Williams but there are two big concerns about Williams, his neck and his arms, and the general concensus in the scouting community seems to be that Collins will be able to be a left tackle if one of him or Williams ends up as a guard, fine by me. Earl Bennett is another guy I really like, he might even by there in the fourth and Josh Johnson would be of nice value as well.

Beyond the third (and of few other guys I didn't mention earlier) the guys I like are Kevin O'Connell, Kirk Barton, DaJuan Morgan, Roy Schuening, Dre Moore, Erik Ainge, you know what, **** it, there's too many to name. Besides, while I may like certain prospects over others, I can usually convince myself a pick was okay given enough time.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, Forte was clearly mid-2nd round regarded for the last month if not longer, and is one of the desirably bigger backs available in a class with some smaller/shorter/lighter backs which only helps boost his value. Forte has top-notch starter potential, with all-purpose ability - he's not some calculated risk like Jamaal Charles, Kevin Smith, or Chauncey Washington. Honestly, these guys are essentially the same deal as Ced Benson, give or take a bit somewhere.

I don't think it was much of a secret that both the Bears and the Lions had a shine to him and would strongly consider him in the 2nd.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

i never disliked forte and was glad we took him. i was trying to gag down a pizza the whole pick.....was so scared of it being henne...so relieved when it wasnt
Old 04-26-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm not arguing against quarterback. I would have loved Brohm or Henne, but it seemed like from the start that the FO wanted to solidify the runningame before anything else. There are still some interesting options at QB, although obviously much more developmental guys.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Haha sorry Baron, I was in midpost when you posted that. I agree, but I wouldnt expect the rookie QB to start this year, my big thing is that since drafting Grossman we havent had a legit #2 that could possibly be a starter except for now Orton. I think Henne or Brohm could be better pros than Orton, which was one of the reasons I wasnt happy. I think its more the situation, that the FO doesnt want to take a chance on a QB other than Rex, I mean, how many chances can he get?

Looking back at my posts, I apear pretty angry w/ the Forte pick. I think its a good pick, he is a good player, and will be a good fit for the team. I just wish that we made a move up to get one of the QBs after that though...

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Forte was a mid 2nd guy, maybe late 2nd. I thought Sweed was a late first and Desean Jackson was a late 1st early 2nd.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Haha sorry Baron, I was in midpost when you posted that. I agree, but I wouldnt expect the rookie QB to start this year, my big thing is that since drafting Grossman we havent had a legit #2 that could possibly be a starter except for now Orton. I think Henne or Brohm could be better pros than Orton, which was one of the reasons I wasnt happy. I think its more the situation, that the FO doesnt want to take a chance on a QB other than Rex, I mean, how many chances can he get?

Looking back at my posts, I apear pretty angry w/ the Forte pick. I think its a good pick, he is a good player, and will be a good fit for the team. I just wish that we made a move up to get one of the QBs after that though...
its chill, my biggest peeve with a QB this year though is that i think we can win next year. and i think that we need to make wise choices with our 4 top 3 round picks in order to do so. they need to be guys who have a good chance of starting, or at least contributing a good deal.

a qb sitting on the bench...just....nah. id rather take a guy rounds 4-7 to plant on the bench for a year.

that way if things dont work out and we end up terrible next year, we don't have a huge, early pick investment in a QB and that allows us to get a new (and hopefully better) guy next year that can do more right away if need be.

this year, KO is the man. unless hes awful or gets hurt, that rookie qb isnt going to do much.....
Old 04-26-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have preferred Albert in the 1st, but I can understand the front office liking Williams better.

Would have liked Flacco, but the Ravens really wanted him, what else could we have done? With him gone, RB was our next big need, and Forte is a good one.

In the 3rd round I hope for Dre Moore followed by Kerry Brown. Yes, WR is a need, but honestly, none of the available WR's would really make an impact if any. What we have now is what we will have during the season pretty much.

As for QB, hopefully Orton shocks the world, but it looks like we will have to wait another year for our future QB. I wouldn't mind Paul Smith in the 5th or 6th, or even O'Connell in the 4th.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I would have preferred Albert in the 1st, but I can understand the front office liking Williams better.

Would have liked Flacco, but the Ravens really wanted him, what else could we have done? With him gone, RB was our next big need, and Forte is a good one.

In the 3rd round I hope for Dre Moore followed by Kerry Brown. Yes, WR is a need, but honestly, none of the available WR's would really make an impact if any. What we have now is what we will have during the season pretty much.

As for QB, hopefully Orton shocks the world, but it looks like we will have to wait another year for our future QB. I wouldn't mind Paul Smith in the 5th or 6th, or even O'Connell in the 4th.
moore and brown would be pretty nice. my favorite receiver, simpson, is already gone....but i think earl bennett, as polished as he is, could make a decent impact as a 3rd or 4th receiver. run some nice routes when he hits the field...be someone to work with.

but yeah, receiver isnt a super big have to have early tomarrow.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:

Doucett and Bennett would give us some real competition. If Manningham can play to his talent he might be the best receiver on our team, though there are obvious risks with that.

I'm a big Dre Moore fan, so I'd have no problem with that. I prefer Roy Schuening or a few other guys over Brown. I just don't get why you've been beating the Brown drum for so long.

Reggie Smith and Dajuan Morgan have got to be pretty enticing. Even Angelo, who previously called the safety class anemic, noted that the 3rd round had some good value there.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett and Doucet are nice guys to have, but who makes a bigger impact, them or a DT like Moore? I say Moore. As for Brown, I am already assuming Schuening is gone. I like Brown and I think he has major upside and can be a pro-bowl LG.

Also, I don't see safety. It seems like we already know what we are going to do with the position. It has been said Brown will be the FS, likely with McGowan, Archuletta and Payne competing at SS. Manning would be the backup.

If we draft safety, it'll probably be late, IMO.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Last edited by Smokey Joe : 04-26-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Bennett and Doucet are nice guys to have, but who makes a bigger impact, them or a DT like Moore? I say Moore. As for Brown, I am already assuming Schuening is gone. I like Brown and I think he has major upside and can be a pro-bowl LG.
i like that brown is a mauler...i like mauling lineman. just something about the word "maul"....its nice....

chris williams was the exceptions since i feel that a pass blocking LT can get by without being overly aggressive or anything like that.

but anyway, my point is, id be ok with brown

i could be made to buy greco or radovich too at 90