Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-26-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Giants' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Super Bowl XLII Champion New York Giants in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looking forward to this, hopefully we can do half as good as last year.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want either John Carlson or Craig Stevens in the 4th if we trade shockey. and Stevens scouting report is really good.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
looking forward to this, hopefully we can do half as good as last year.
yay, you're back!!!!!!!!!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TP for Tyrell Johnson!!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
yay, you're back!!!!!!!!!
yea i temporarily got banned because i talked about politics, im an idiot :p

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
TP for Tyrell Johnson!!!!
i really dont want Johnson unless we trade down or take him at #40 with NO's pick. I still would be upset because i want Reggie Smith sooooo badly.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, all indication is that Tyrell Johnson is our pick. That makes me happy because we won't be drafting Cason now. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So, all indication is that Tyrell Johnson is our pick. That makes me happy because we won't be drafting Cason now. =D
screw you, i want cason :p and i really could see Mike Jenkins falling, if not to us, close

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

YEAH, Cowboys took Felix Jones with their first pick. Go Jerry!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Jenkins dropping, trade up?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

I'm happy where we are. I think we have so many options, a trade up isn't needed.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Yeah, no Cason for the Giants. That makes me happy, but the rest of you upset. Sorry guys. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

KENNY PHILLIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy as hell about this.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st round couldn't have played out any better
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome! I am so stoked we got Kenny! Guy I really wanted all along, to be honest. I didn't think there was any way he would fall to us too. Figured the Texans or Chargers would grab him for sure.

Yes! I love it!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES KENNY PHILLIPS!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antwuan Molden please??!!
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im happy about kenny phillips- hes a guy who i think can compete with james butler to play the starting FS role and is a great complement to sammy knights style of play. if spags and reese think he can be good in this league, than i have no reason to disagree.

antwuan molden 2nd round, i would not mind that at all. im thinking limas sweed right now- he was my #1 rated WR in this draft and has some how not been taken. i want him

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he makes it past the either the Titans, Cowgirls or the Bucs. But, if he falls to us I think we sort of have to draft him, just based on value.

I am so happy we pick up Philips. It was a toss up between Philips and Tyrelle Johnson. I am very happy with Philips though. It creates some good competition for that last level of our defense.

I am nervous that we might go a take Conner.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Well, looks like the Titans are the only real threat left for Sweed.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Terrell Thomas.......I would rather Conner.......bad pick. My preference is Molden. I think even King would have been better. I wonder what their thinking was? He does not have the speed to cover the slot, he doesn't have the recovery speed or the ceiling to be a potential shut down either. I would love to know what their thinking was on this.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad pick? Dan Conner does not fit our system. He is a middle line backer in Spags system, and Pierce has that locked up.

I love the Thomas pick. He is like Ross. Long arms, solid speed, good hands, plays physical and can play both man and zone coverage.

Superb pick and if you ask me, this is Reese doing his job. I think he really took to heart with who the coaching staff liked, and I think Terrell Thomas has 'Spags corner' written all over him.

Excellent first day if I do say so myself. I wouldn't want King. Character issues.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Bad pick? Dan Conner does not fit our system. He is a middle line backer in Spags system, and Pierce has that locked up.

I love the Thomas pick. He is like Ross. Long arms, solid speed, good hands, plays physical and can play both man and zone coverage.

Superb pick and if you ask me, this is Reese doing his job. I think he really took to heart with who the coaching staff liked, and I think Terrell Thomas has 'Spags corner' written all over him.

Excellent first day if I do say so myself. I wouldn't want King. Character issues.
im very content with our day 1. we came away with some very good guys who played against top competition and were productive in college. thomas has been healthy the past 2 seasons- and was very productive and fits our system very well. i am so glad dan connor is going to go day 2 now, and i knew despite all the talk on the nfl network of us possibly going for him, i knew we would pass on him. check out reese's press conference on phillips on giants.com

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

I like the giants pick, solid, hopefully he can play FS. thomas really confuses me, and i really wanted Reggie Smith :( so Thomas upsets me a bit. i dont want to use another early pick on secondary unless its in a trade where we could still take other needed positions.

1. Kenny Phillips
2. Terrell Thomas
3. ?
4 ?
5 ?
6 ?
6 ?
6 ?

i give us a B/B+

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote: