Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-26-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dolphins' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Miami Dolphins in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I'm dying to get any news on a Jason Taylor trade and get us more picks. We really need to stockpile after dealing that 4th to Dallas for Fasano and Ayodele, which btw was a hell of a steal for us. But I'm hoping we can land around 10 players in this draft which means we need a couple more picks.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I'm dying to get any news on a Jason Taylor trade and get us more picks. We really need to stockpile after dealing that 4th to Dallas for Fasano and Ayodele, which btw was a hell of a steal for us. But I'm hoping we can land around 10 players in this draft which means we need a couple more picks.
That was a heck of a steal for us Joey still cant beleive it.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Quote:
I got butterfly's right now. I think I am going to do a shot of some ice cold Jaeger and chase it down with some delicious heneiken light mmmmmm
Old 04-26-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
I got butterfly's right now. I think I am going to do a shot of some ice cold Jaeger and chase it down with some delicious heneiken light mmmmmm
big fat no on the jaeger. Much rather some tequila or rum. I'm so pumped. After months of us arguing the draft brings us all together like little kids. I love being a dolphin.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Steal? Come on now. We gave up a high 4th rd pick for a 6th yr player at LB and a solid TE prospect. They better have plans to get more picks. They go an awful long time w/out any picks. I still think it was an OK trade, but far from a steal. I think if Mueller made the deal, people would not be so quick to call it a steal......
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merling was a bit of a shocker but I like it.

Also apparently we traded Lorenzo Booker for a 4th to Philly.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Steal? Come on now. We gave up a high 4th rd pick for a 6th yr player at LB and a solid TE prospect. They better have plans to get more picks. They go an awful long time w/out any picks. I still think it was an OK trade, but far from a steal. I think if Mueller made the deal, people would not be so quick to call it a steal......
Really like the Merling pick. I was thinking Groves or Henne but in the back of my mind I knew he'd be a steal for our 3-4.

Basically we swapped Booker and a couple spots in the draft for Fasano and Ayodele. Looks like even more of a steal as Booker is wasn't gonna see the field with his lack of size that the trifecta hates.

We missed on Groves but Henne is falling to our pick.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Finally sobering up and getting ready for the Dolphins 2nd pick in the second round. Was surprised by Philip Merling but he was a 1st round graded talent and has the size to play the very important end position in the 3-4. I think this signals the end of Vonnie Holliday as I see him as a vet cap cut. Merling will start from day one with Starks and Roth battling for the other side. Typical Parcells pick as he is building the lines up. Very good picks and now see if Henne goes right after Brohm here.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 04-26-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

HAHAHAHAHA I told you Joey we where drafting all Michigan Wolverines well maybe not Mario "Weed Man" Manningham.

OT Jake Long Michigan
DE Philip Merling Clemson
QB Chad Henne Michigan

= A+++++++++++++ First Day!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA I told you Joey we where drafting all Michigan Wolverines well maybe not Mario "Weed Man" Manningham.

OT Jake Long Michigan
DE Philip Merling Clemson
QB Chad Henne Michigan

= A+++++++++++++ First Day!

Why are you throwing my name out there? I was always ok with Henne as a pick for us. I was actually cheering he would drop to our pick at 57 overall because I think getting him at 57 overall is a much better value and much better for us in the long run then doing what Atlanta and Baltimore did reaching for QBs in round 1. I love Flacco but realistically, I don't think there's much difference between any of the top 4 QBs in this draft.

Great 1st day. Lots of value on the board for us still tomorrow. I'd like to see a trade down and get a 5th and look at Justin King with that 3rd rounder, and a LB (Avril, Gooden, Henderson?) in round 4 as all these guys are slipping big time.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like what we did first day. Crazy draft on a whole but we came out with some good guys to build with. I'm looking at Avril with the first pick tomorrow, Godfrey, Anthony Collins, Earl Bennett or Pat Sims would make me happy there as well.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-26-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Quote:
Why are you throwing my name out there? I was always ok with Henne as a pick for us. I was actually cheering he would drop to our pick at 57 overall because I think getting him at 57 overall is a much better value and much better for us in the long run then doing what Atlanta and Baltimore did reaching for QBs in round 1. I love Flacco but realistically, I don't think there's much difference between any of the top 4 QBs in this draft.

Great 1st day. Lots of value on the board for us still tomorrow. I'd like to see a trade down and get a 5th and look at Justin King with that 3rd rounder, and a LB (Avril, Gooden, Henderson?) in round 4 as all these guys are slipping big time.

Cliff Avril will be a very sexy pick at #64. It looks like Parcells and Co. like veteran MLB's in there 3-4 defense hence the aquisition of Akin Ayodele so it looks like they will pass on Dan Connor or Erin Henderson. It looks like the MLB rotation is going to be Ayodole-Crowder with Torbor filling in. Getting a 3-4 OLB to me seems like a priority going into the third round. Wouldnt mind if we traded down and grab another 4th or 5th.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 04-26-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I really like what we did first day. Crazy draft on a whole but we came out with some good guys to build with. I'm looking at Avril with the first pick tomorrow, Godfrey, Anthony Collins, Earl Bennett or Pat Sims would make me happy there as well.
I thought about Avril but I don't think we need to take him right away as I don't think there's an immediate threat to take him from us other then NE and I'm not sure they are gonna be looking at him there as they need more help at DB then OLB with Thomas kicking outside due to the Mayo pick.

If we are looking at Avril, then we are in prime position to deal down a few spots and still get him while getting a later pick. If we are targeting Godfrey or King then we might have to stay put to grab them.

Collins would be a fine addition as well.

Not sure I would target Pat Sims as he is the same as Randy Starks and would give us a huge glut at DE with Merling, Roth, Starks, Holliday and Wright. We can wait another year to see how Roth and Wright progress and in Starks works out at that spot before investing more in it. If we decide we need another 3-4 DE, I'd rather wait for Kendal Langford a little later.

I really think we need to look at getting a LB early tomorrow with alot of value being there and we have to look at OG with alot of value being on the board there as well.

Red Bryant, Frank Okam and Ahytba Rubin are all on the board as well.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Really like the Merling pick. I was thinking Groves or Henne but in the back of my mind I knew he'd be a steal for our 3-4.

Basically we swapped Booker and a couple spots in the draft for Fasano and Ayodele. Looks like even more of a steal as Booker is wasn't gonna see the field with his lack of size that the trifecta hates.

We missed on Groves but Henne is falling to our pick.
Well, I almost starting throwing stuff when Jax basically screwed us for the 2nd time today by trading up for Groves. Henne was my 2nd favorite QB in this draft and I basically was calling for him if they chose to go QB. I have to admit though that I was hoping they were going to ignore QB because they liked Beck. Apparently, they don't like him too much because they chose to use yet another 2nd rd pick on a QB.

I like the first day, but I have to admit that I am disgusted that Taylor was not traded for a first day pick. I have to believe that there were teams in round 2 willing to make a deal for him. If they could have traded him for the TB pick that eventually turned into Groves, then it should have been done.

Still don't like the Booker trade. Tuna had Meggett in NY and while Booker is not as muscular and powerful, he still had the shiftiness and big play ability that this offense needed. To trade him for a 4 is disappointing.

Love the Merling pick. Think he has top 10-15 ability and with a little seasoning could be a Seymour-type 3-4 DE.

All in all, I guess I am happy but not trading Taylor and not having too many extra picks in the next 2 rounds is a bit disappointing. Maybe they start day 2 with a way to accomplish that.

If they keep the pick, I think Dan Connor, Pat Sims, Tyvon Branch and yes, Mario Manningham are possibilities. My preference would be for the WR, although his stock seems to be dropping big time and maybe they can pick him up later......

By the way Joe, looks like you won the bet. When I saw Carolina trade up, I was certain it was for a QB and I think it would have changed things for my prediction........ I admit it, I was wrong on that one.......
Old 04-26-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Well, I almost starting throwing stuff when Jax basically screwed us for the 2nd time today by trading up for Groves. Henne was my 2nd favorite QB in this draft and I basically was calling for him if they chose to go QB. I have to admit though that I was hoping they were going to ignore QB because they liked Beck. Apparently, they don't like him too much because they chose to use yet another 2nd rd pick on a QB.

I like the first day, but I have to admit that I am disgusted that Taylor was not traded for a first day pick. I have to believe that there were teams in round 2 willing to make a deal for him. If they could have traded him for the TB pick that eventually turned into Groves, then it should have been done.

Still don't like the Booker trade. Tuna had Meggett in NY and while Booker is not as muscular and powerful, he still had the shiftiness and big play ability that this offense needed. To trade him for a 4 is disappointing.

Love the Merling pick. Think he has top 10-15 ability and with a little seasoning could be a Seymour-type 3-4 DE.

All in all, I guess I am happy but not trading Taylor and not having too many extra picks in the next 2 rounds is a bit disappointing. Maybe they start day 2 with a way to accomplish that.

If they keep the pick, I think Dan Connor, Pat Sims, Tyvon Branch and yes, Mario Manningham are possibilities. My preference would be for the WR, although his stock seems to be dropping big time and maybe they can pick him up later......

By the way Joe, looks like you won the bet. When I saw Carolina trade up, I was certain it was for a QB and I think it would have changed things for my prediction........ I admit it, I was wrong on that one.......
I'm pretty much in agreement with everything you said except a couple of things.

1.) I can't see us going after Mario Manningham. I think we have had this discussion before but he is too small. Look for William Franklin in round 4. That would be a more logical choice.

2.) I loved the Booker trade. Don't get me wrong, I love Booker as a player. He is exciting and adds punch to any offense. I watched him during my time at FSU. But he is not Meggett. Meggett for Parcells is the exception, not the rule. Booker likely was going to be a ST player and emergency player in case guys get hurt. He is not good in a ST role. Despite what Sparano said about him I just knew he was not going to have a big role here. Getting a 4th rounder for him is a nice little deal for us.

If I were to tell you before the draft that we traded our 3rd string RB and swapped about 15 spots in Round 4 in order to get a 24 year old starting TE and 28 year old rotational ILB who both have plenty of experience in the system we run, I think you'd be thrilled. For some reason, you are real down on Fasano and Ayodele and real high on Booker, I can't figure out why. I understand Booker is flashy and more exciting but The guys we got are much better fits for our team and the system we want to play. The moves were the right ones to make and improve us a pretty decent amount considering they were minor deals.

4.) Carolina moving up didn't scare me so much because I knew they wanted a OT and Otah was really the last elite OT left. I pretty much knew that was their target when the deal was made. What scared me was the Jets dealing up to 30. I think they could have stayed put and landed Keller so I didn't understand the trade but when I saw them jump, I thought for sure they were leapfrogging us for Henne.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
I'm pretty much in agreement with everything you said except a couple of things.

1.) I can't see us going after Mario Manningham. I think we have had this discussion before but he is too small. Look for William Franklin in round 4. That would be a more logical choice.

2.) I loved the Booker trade. Don't get me wrong, I love Booker as a player. He is exciting and adds punch to any offense. I watched him during my time at FSU. But he is not Meggett. Meggett for Parcells is the exception, not the rule. Booker likely was going to be a ST player and emergency player in case guys get hurt. He is not good in a ST role. Despite what Sparano said about him I just knew he was not going to have a big role here. Getting a 4th rounder for him is a nice little deal for us.

If I were to tell you before the draft that we traded our 3rd string RB and swapped about 15 spots in Round 4 in order to get a 24 year old starting TE and 28 year old rotational ILB who both have plenty of experience in the system we run, I think you'd be thrilled. For some reason, you are real down on Fasano and Ayodele and real high on Booker, I can't figure out why. I understand Booker is flashy and more exciting but The guys we got are much better fits for our team and the system we want to play. The moves were the right ones to make and improve us a pretty decent amount considering they were minor deals.

4.) Carolina moving up didn't scare me so much because I knew they wanted a OT and Otah was really the last elite OT left. I pretty much knew that was their target when the deal was made. What scared me was the Jets dealing up to 30. I think they could have stayed put and landed Keller so I didn't understand the trade but when I saw them jump, I thought for sure they were leapfrogging us for Henne.
I still think Manningham is a possibility, though I think it is doubtful they take him to start the day tomorrow. Maybe in a trade down.

I guess if you put it as trading Booker for Fasano, it does not sound that bad. I still think acquiring a LB in his 6th or 7th yr in the league does not help in the long run.

I am still really pissed that Taylor has not been traded. We literally could have landed Groves with Tampa's pick. Imagine getting Groves along with the 3 players we actually did land......
Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I still think Manningham is a possibility, though I think it is doubtful they take him to start the day tomorrow. Maybe in a trade down.

I guess if you put it as trading Booker for Fasano, it does not sound that bad. I still think acquiring a LB in his 6th or 7th yr in the league does not help in the long run.

I am still really pissed that Taylor has not been traded. We literally could have landed Groves with Tampa's pick. Imagine getting Groves along with the 3 players we actually did land......
Skolnick, who is one of the better Dolphin writers IMO, has some interesting stuff to say that's he's been hearing.

-Of course with the Michigan heavy draft, he addressed Mario Manningham. Says there are mixed feelings on him. Says not to expect him on the Dolphins since the Dolphins staff seems to come to a consensus on players before drafting them and they are split on Manningham due to character concerns. Kiss of death for him IMO. Don't expect him here.

-Despite Ireland saying there were no calls about JT, he believes that there has been talks and that there was something to the Bucs rumors that went around. He's speculating a little bit but he says don't expect this to be the end of the JT talk. We had a deal in place for with the Bucs but Jacksonville ended up with the pick. He says that there's rumblings Jacksonville jumped up to take Groves knowing that was our target and that they are holding him hostage trying to force our hand trading JT to them for a more reasonable price then what we were asking from them. They are ok keeping Groves if a deal can't be reach but supposedly they are trying to use him as leverage to get us to deal JT to them. Smart play on their part and I still think we should jump on it if we can get Groves and a 5th.

Good stuff from Slonick.

My thoughts now:

Ayodele does not help in the long run but he is huge help for now. He has knowledge in the system we run and with a bunch of new guys in Torbor, Anderson, and even Crowder who hasn't spent much time in a ILB role, Ayodele will be a huge help in the development of these players over the next 2 years so it's definately worth a pretty modest price we paid. It certainly can't hurt to have him around for a couple years as we have too many holes to address everything in just 1 offseason.

I have my draft board stacked, some huge reaches today and real steals as well. But here's the best at each spot left on my draft board:

QB- Andre Woodson, Kentucky
FB- Owen Schmitt, West Virginia
RB- Jamaal Charles, Texas
WR- Mario Manningham, Michigan
C- Steve Justice, Wake Forest
TE- Brad Cottam, Tennessee
OT- Anthony Collins, Kansas
OG- Roy Schuening, Oregon State
DE- Kendall Langford, Hampton
DT- Dre Moore, Maryland
MLB- Dan Connor, Penn State
OLB- Erin Henderson, Maryland/Cliff Avril, Purdue (Have them pretty even)
CB- Justin King, Penn State
S- Reggie Smith, Oklahoma

Obviously not all Dolphin targets but some pretty good talent left for us to pluck.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is allen bailey a swamp monster?

jk ... lions fan here (save the wr jokes) checking in to see who ya'll are chatting about early tomorrow?! You guys rocked today with Merling then Henne. Ann Arbor is home so love the Mich picks, Super Mario is not a character threat, he's a cool cat actually. A little young and inmature but if you took him with long & henne already in place, he would be fine and a steal.

We would like connor in the D, so tell tuna no connor for the fins ... ha ... lol.

out

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 04-26-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: take manningham, you'd get planty of new mich fans!
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parcells won't like it, but at the end of the day, I think he settles for a 3rd rounder and a future for Jason Taylor. If he can get this done before the draft starts tomorrow, he might nab Cliff Avril to start the 3rd.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Parcells won't like it, but at the end of the day, I think he settles for a 3rd rounder and a future for Jason Taylor. If he can get this done before the draft starts tomorrow, he might nab Cliff Avril to start the 3rd.
I don't see him going anywhere at this point. It'll be done at the trade deadline.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Skolnick, who is one of the better Dolphin writers IMO, has some interesting stuff to say that's he's been hearing.

-Of course with the Michigan heavy draft, he addressed Mario Manningham. Says there are mixed feelings on him. Says not to expect him on the Dolphins since the Dolphins staff seems to come to a consensus on players before drafting them and they are split on Manningham due to character concerns. Kiss of death for him IMO. Don't expect him here.

-Despite Ireland saying there were no calls about JT, he believes that there has been talks and that there was something to the Bucs rumors that went around. He's speculating a little bit but he says don't expect this to be the end of the JT talk. We had a deal in place for with the Bucs but Jacksonville ended up with the pick. He says that there's rumblings Jacksonville jumped up to take Groves knowing that was our target and that they are holding him hostage trying to force our hand trading JT to them for a more reasonable price then what we were asking from them. They are ok keeping Groves if a deal can't be reach but supposedly they are trying to use him as leverage to get us to deal JT to them. Smart play on their part and I still think we should jump on it if we can get Groves and a 5th.

Good stuff from Slonick.

My thoughts now:

Ayodele does not help in the long run but he is huge help for now. He has knowledge in the system we run and with a bunch of new guys in Torbor, Anderson, and even Crowder who hasn't spent much time in a ILB role, Ayodele will be a huge help in the development of these players over the next 2 years so it's definately worth a pretty modest price we paid. It certainly can't hurt to have him around for a couple years as we have too many holes to address everything in just 1 offseason.

I have my draft board stacked, some huge reaches today and real steals as well. But here's the best at each spot left on my draft board:

QB- Andre Woodson, Kentucky
FB- Owen Schmitt, West Virginia
RB- Jamaal Charles, Texas
WR- Mario Manningham, Michigan
C- Steve Justice, Wake Forest
TE- Brad Cottam, Tennessee
OT- Anthony Collins, Kansas
OG- Roy Schuening, Oregon State
DE- Kendall Langford, Hampton
DT- Dre Moore, Maryland
MLB- Dan Connor, Penn State
OLB- Erin Henderson, Maryland/Cliff Avril, Purdue (Have them pretty even)
CB- Justin King, Penn State
S- Reggie Smith, Oklahoma

Obviously not all Dolphin targets but some pretty good talent left for us to pluck.
Joe,

I just can't see the Groves thing happening. It would be a great deal, if they could make it happen, but I think that ship has sailed.

I really hope this pick (64) gets dealt for some add'l picks. Maybe even a mid rd pick next yr to start the process for next yr.

If they are legitimately talking to TB about Taylor and they can get a 4 and 6 this yr and a #2 next yr, they should do it right now. Gives us a little more depth this year and gets us an addl first day pick next yr. That would 3 yrs in a row with multiple 2nd rounders and that is how you build quality depth in this league....

Funny stat that I heard. This is now 4 yrs in a row Miami has used a 2nd rd pick on a qb. (Feeley, Culpepper, Beck, Henne). Lets hope this is the last time for a while that we see a QB picked that early.......
Old 04-27-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

We added a 6th with that pick and then took Langford. Really like that pick. Merling and Langford is gonna be nasty.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I've been calling Langford to us for a long time. Thought we coulda dropped a little more and still got him but other then that, very solid pickup.

We are loaded at DE with Merling, Langford, Wright, Starks, Holliday and Roth.

You have to think they are shopping either Holliday who is getting older or Roth who is not a great fit in a 3-4. I'm gonna guess one of those guys is gone for picks later on.

Connor, King, Avril still on the board. Really hope we can pull a trade up for one of them.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Quote:
I've been calling Langford to us for a long time. Thought we coulda dropped a little more and still got him but other then that, very solid pickup.

We are loaded at DE with Merling, Langford, Wright, Starks, Holliday and Roth.

You have to think they are shopping either Holliday who is getting older or Roth who is not a great fit in a 3-4. I'm gonna guess one of those guys is gone for picks later on.

Connor, King, Avril still on the board. Really hope we can pull a trade up for one of them.

The writing is on the wall for Holliday to be a cap casualty. You did call out Langford Joey so much props on that one. Obviously Parcells saw a major weakness on the defensive line and now we added two studs in Merling and Langford to help fix that. Two "Pillars" of the defense HAHAHAHHA

Matt Roth should be traded to a 4-3 team for a 4th or 5th if possible. He has no place in the 3-4 defense at this point especially with the two young studs we just picked up.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 04-27-2008 at 09:50 AM.