Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-26-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Raiders' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Oakland Raiders in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like people from the west coast are sleeping but ya, Dorsey may fall to us.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i love Dorsey, but we just signed Kelly for a billion dollars to play the 3 tech. Do we still take him?

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup it looks like C.Long wont be there. So Run DMC welcome to Oakland hopefully!

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dorsey fell to #4 the Saints would try to give us a lot to draft him.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Smith says we will take DMC if we dont trade down

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-26-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey gives the Raiders a perfect opportunity to trade down and acquire another good pick or picks, which they certainly need. They could still draft a stud RB at #10, or a starting left tackle ... maybe Derrick Harvey perhaps?
Old 04-26-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

DMC or trade down

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

All we need is a LT and a young WR on offence and we should be set for a long time

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-26-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMC it is. I would have preferred to take a DE or trade down, but I am still very excited about how explosive our offense can be now with DMC and JR. The only thing that boggles my mind is why we resigned Fargas, I kinda feel bad for him and Michael Bush.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
DMC it is. I would have preferred to take a DE or trade down, but I am still very excited about how explosive our offense can be now with DMC and JR. The only thing that boggles my mind is why we resigned Fargas, I kinda feel bad for him and Michael Bush.
I think we might deal fargas next off season if bush can show he can play. I hope DMC and Fargas split the carries and Bush get around 5 a game

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-27-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

I love the McFadden pick...

I think we will see McFadden slowly take over the starting job.. I still think Fargas will get a bulk of the carries... Raiders will work Bush into the reps too.

Jordan and Rhodes will be gone...
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

great pick! everyone wants to say this was a bad pick because it was not a need...it's a huge need. we have to suround j-russ with some quality talent...looking to a great future with mcfadden and bush!

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the heck? The Raiders traded up to draft a CB!!! Hall, Asomugha, Routt, Bowie, Washington, and now Tyvon. Not a DL, not an OL--but a CB.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a need but will be a key special teams player and will be a gunner for us from day one.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
What the heck? The Raiders traded up to draft a CB!!! Hall, Asomugha, Routt, Bowie, Washington, and now Tyvon. Not a DL, not an OL--but a CB.
We traded Washington to Baltimore for there 4th rounder this year (125). But i still dont like the pick.

We could have gone Dline with that pick then Oline with the later 4th rounder.

Heres links to the trade

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/raid...lo-rookie.html

http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...an-washington/

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-27-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

so far this draft sucks.Our biggest needs coming into this offseason were LT,NT,and RDE.And we havent done anything so far to make those positions better.They've actually managed to get worse.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Why draft a WR????????? Oline and Dline Al

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-27-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I miss Barry Sims.Should of kept him.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Im just glad Al hasnt wasted another pick on a RB.I expected him to forget he picked Dmac.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

The wr we got has injury problems, hes small, and cant jump

great pick

also the cb we drafted got arrested.... should have picked Justin King over him

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 04-27-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

When did he get arrested?
screw king should have drafted Hills.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
When did he get arrested?
screw king should have drafted Hills.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...vonbranch.html

"Was arrested in May of 2005 when he and some teammates shot out a car window with a B.B. Gun"

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-27-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

You guys are being too critical...

I agree, we shouldn't have picked a CB with that pick: we definitely have significantly more pressing needs. However, I think Branch has a lot of potential, particularly when we have Hall and Asomougha to take care of the receivers who pose major threats to us. Branch is big and physical, but he's also one of the fastest CBs in the draft. I think he could be great in nickel and dime packages... However I do agree I'd rather have taken a D-line.

As for Shields, I like this guy a lot. Who cares if he can't jump as high as most other WRs? He has good fundamentals and his size and speed are more than adequate. Although I expect he won't get much PT as long as Walker, Carter, and Curry are around. (Not to mention some of those other young guys like Higgins...)

While I think we could have taken guys to fill needs, I like both of these guys and think they have the talent to be getting regular PT.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Now we decide to take a DE in the 6th round. Hes purely a pass rusher. Under 260lbs but runs a 4.56 40. I expect a special teamer and might get some time on pass rush situations

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707