*TF's Final NFL Mock Draft (1 round w/ comments)*
1. Miami Dolphins- OT Jake Long, Michigan
Done deal, he will be the foundation of that oline for the next 10 years. Great pick by Parcells and the Dolphins.
2. St. Louis Rams- DE Chris Long, Virginia
They decide over Dorsey, who may be a bit better, because they feel Long makes their entire dline better. Long will still become a Pro Bowler.
3. Atlanta Falcons- DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
Falcons are elated that Dorsey makes it to three. They select him over Ryan and Dorsey makes that defense better instantly.
4. Oakland Raiders- RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
Never shying away from the phenomenons in the draft Davis selects McFadden. McFadden adds instant explosive ability to a bland offense.
5. Kansas City Chiefs- QB Matt Ryan, Boston College
Chiefs make the first surprise pick of the day and pick QB Ryan. Its been said if you don't have a franchise QB and one is available you should get him. Also KC flew out their entire staff to Ryan's Pro Day.
6. New York Jets- DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio St.
Jets take the most freakish and athletic player in the draft by selecting Gholston. They hope he becomes the Merriman or Ware for their 3-4 defense.
7. New Orleans Saints (from NE)- DT Sedrick Ellis, USC*
Saints can't get Dorsey but still want an impact dline player. With New England who wouldn't mind trading down the Saints offer a good package for both sides and they select Ellis who will help out immediately.
8. Baltimore Ravens- CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy St.
Ravens are frustrated they couldn't move up to get Ryan. Instead they look at their needs and pick CB McKelvin to bolster an aging secondary.
9. Cincinnati Bengals- LB Keith Rivers, USC
Count the Bengals as another disappointed AFC North team. They don't get their man Ellis so they take his former teammate, Rivers. Rivers starts and makes the Bengals have one of the best trio of young LBs.
10. New England Patriots (from NO)- CB Dominique Rogers Cromartie, Tennessee St.
After trading down the Patriots still get the player they wanted, but at a cheaper price and with a 3rd round pick. Rogers has the tools to become a star.
11. Buffalo Bills- WR Devin Thomas, Michigan St.
With their pick the Bills take Thomas as expected. Paired with Evans the Bills would have two potential studs at WR.
12. Denver Broncos- OL Branden Albert, Virginia
They would like Mendenhall here, but with Albert still on the board and questions about the oline the Broncos are able to match BPA and need.
13. Carolina Panthers- OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
The Panthers are lucky to get the OT they feel is the second best in the draft. Clady starts immediatly on an aging oline.
14. Chicago Bears- OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
To finish out the string of offensive linemen take the Bears take the gifted Otah with the 14th pick. Otah is who the Bears hoped would fall.
15. Detroit Lions- LB Jerod Mayo, Tennessee
Mendenhall may be just above Mayo on their draft board. However with this draft being so deep at RB it is possible that the Lions still get a stud RB in the 2nd round. But getting a LB of Mayo's caliber won't happen.
16. Arizona Cardinals- RB Reshard Mendenhall, Illinois
Cardinals probably waste no time making this pick, they've been looking for a RB who fits their offense better and can spell Edgerin James. Mendenhall makes that offense powerful, BPA.
17. Kansas City Chiefs- OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
The Chiefs gamble of not taking one of the elite tackles with the 5th pick works out and the Chiefs select the tackle who will start immediatly and will protect Ryan's backside for years to come.
18. Houston Texans- RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
With no more elite tackles on the board the Texans finally get that franchise back who can make an instant impact to their offense. The Texans get a real steal here.
19. Philadelphia Eagles- DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
The Eagles don't really need a DE, but Harvey may be too good to pass up and its always good to have a potentially dominate pass rusher. Sweed and Jenkins make sense but Eagles go BPA here.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- WR Limas Sweed, Texas
The Bucs will probably get Philly CB Lito Sheppherd. So with the CB position settled they select big Sweed to help the passing attack.
21. Washington Redskins- DE Philip Merling, Clemson
The Redskins' staff were apparently all at Merling's workout last week. They need a DE badly and Clemson's Merling is a good one and is available.
22. Dallas Cowboys- RB Felix Jones, Arkansas
Not a surprise pick here as the Cowboys get the RB who will spell Marion Barber and will help out in the passing game.
23. Pittsburgh Steelers- CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida
The Steelers are abseloutly shocked Jenkins falls this far. They select him as they cash in on a need tied with BPA. Fantastic value.
24. Tennessee Titans- WR DeSean Jackson, California
The Titans need touchdowns and explosvie ability in their offense. They select playmaker WR Jackson who will get a lot of touches.
25. Seattle Seahawks- DT Kentwan Palmer, North Carolina
Apparently the Seahawks are gearing towards selecting a DT high in the draft. Palmer has good value here and the Seahawks can't pass him up.
26. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Quentin Groves, Auburn
This is strictly a Gregg Williams pick. Groves has the potential to become a freak player on defense. Also the Jags will play both 4-3 and 3-4 defense which makes this pick even better.
27. San Diego Chargers- S Kenny Phillips, Miami
The Chargers select Phillips who has the potential to become an Pro Bowler safety. He starts in his rookie season.
28. Atlanta Falcons (from Dal)- QB Brian Brohm, Louisville*
The Falcons trade up to the 28th spot knowing they have the pieces to do so. Worried that their guy, Brohm, will be gone by pick 34 the Falcons don't risk waiting and select Brohm who will become a great QB.
29. San Francisco 49ers- WR James Hardy, Indiana
The Jags take the guy they hoped would fall. Not too much the 49ers can do here so they take the best WR available. Hardy can become a star.
30. Green Bay Packers- OT Gosder Cherilus, Boston College
The Packers feel they can get a good DB in the 2nd round, but feel Cherilus is too good to pass up here and they select the future protector of Rogers.
31. New York Giants- CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
Giants are very happy Cason slips to 31. They select him in hopes they will have the best duo of CB's in the future. Great pick here.
* Saints trade 1st round pick (10th overall) and 3rd round pick (78th overall) to Patriots for 1st round pick (7th overall)
*Falcons trade 2nd round pick (34th overall) and 3rd round pick (68th overall) to Cowboys for 1st round pick (28th overall).
Last edited by titansfan : 04-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.